The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Scent Sparklers

Mpfand, the high temps and poor air quality are a bad combo. Stay well!

Candlefan, wow! People are such numbskulls sometimes it's really amazing. Glad to hear it didn't get out of hand.

Spent most of the day down at my godson's 12th birthday party at the Tech Museum in San Jose. Little boys sure do create a lot of noise [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Burning YC Malaysian Palm and enjoying the quiet... ahhhh :D

Thanks, Sweet and Trep! Yeah, sometimes people do things that make you wonder if common sense is as common as we tend to assume it is. We had already been living in fear of stray illegal fireworks landing on all the crispy, dry vegetation around here. I just can't believe those neighbors thought that was safe.

Sweet, thanks for your remarks about my avatar. I thought it was too cute to pass up on downloading. Now that you mention it, the kitten does look like it is smiling a bit, maybe having a pleasant dream or something. I wish I had a real one just like that to cuddle with. I love cats! My older cat is wonderful, but just not as frisky and energetic as he used to be. He is right under foot even as I am typing this-- a devoted, loyal tabby.

I've been in a restless mood, scent wise. I got tired of the watermelon and ended up switching to YC Sun and Sand. But right now I've got Haley's Precious Kitty in my melter. It's a fruity/floral blend that's really nice.

Hi Rivercat, sounds like you helped celebrate a great birthday party for your godson. If the boys were that noisy then I bet they had loads of fun!

What does YC Malasian Palm smell like? I don't think I've ever given that one a whiff. Thanks!

Mpfand - That's still extremely hot! :sFun_ahohno: Hope U can at least enjoy your pool in the evening. You're not in any danger from the fire R U?

We're not in any immediate danger from the fire. We are getting quite a lot of smoke from it so we've just stayed inside. It's still really hot and the air quality is too poor to be outside. :huh:

Mpfand, the high temps and poor air quality are a bad combo. Stay well!

Yes, it is a bad combo. The news is telling people to just stay inside. Hospitals have reported people coming in with respiratory problems.

I can't even imagine how miserable all these extreme high temps are for those stuck with them! I do love summertime, but mostly in the evening and early morning when it has cooled off a bit. I know that it never really cools off much at night in certain places. I really feel for you guys going many days on end without getting any real break from the heat!

Last night was "interesting" around here. It's extremely dry here along the Colorado Front Range (as evidenced by our huge, recent forest fires) even though monsoonal rains are gradually kicking in in certain locations.

Anyway, around 11:00 pm I heard a commotion outside. An alert neighbor was screaming at some other neighbors out back who had a huge bon fire going in their back yard, and she ended up calling the police, who quickly responded. I couldn't believe it! One stray spark could have sent our back fence and entire back yard up in explosive flames. It's fortunate they didn't burn the entire block down. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

candlefan, our lows have been in the low 90's. :wacko: We set a new record last week for the highest low ever recorded. For me, that's the worst thing about summer here; it just doesn't cool down at night.

I'm so glad one of your neighbors called the police about the bon fire! That's just not a smart thing to do! :blink: So glad everyone/everything was ok.

Melting Sun & Sand from Can-Do. It's a little too floral for me, but I'll let it go for now.

Thanks Sweet re the avatar...I know Fourth of July is over but I really love the picture. ;) btw, love your siggy.

Mpfand- that sounds dangerous...I hope the weather changes for you soon and the air quality gets better!

Candlefan- Wow...what a cotton headed ninny muggin! [smilie=th_thConfus_55] I have a fire pit and I am always watching the winds...if there's any kind of a breeze I won't let anyone use it or if it's been dry. My kids get mad at me but you can't be too careful with fire!

Rivercat- 12 year old boys? Yep...loud. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Today has been....

Hearts & Tarts Cotton Candy Ice Cream...yummy but not super strong...think that most cotton candy scents are that way.

Upstairs...Pink Peppermint from FP...love this!

Night.

Candlefan - I used up the last of my Precious Kitty last night - and I am trying really hard to not go shop her sale!

Tonight has been Honeysuckle Pear - CFTKR

Hearts & Tarts Cotton Candy Ice Cream...yummy but not super strong...think that most cotton candy scents are that way.

MaggieMae - Have U tried FP's cotton candy blends? Their Cotton Candy Bread I melted yesterday was very strong, so much that I almost shut it down.[smilie=th_th1ptgno] I looked & that was the last one I had or I'da sent 1 off 2 U to try.:(

I am trying really hard to not go shop her sale!

Debra - I'm trying 2. [smilie=th_pardon] With the hot weather, I'm thinking fall would be better to order. So far, I'm resisting...how 'bout U?

I'm melting Moonshine Coffee & still luv'n coffee scents in the mornings! :wub:

Good Morning! Melting Coffee Cake Swirl from ScentSationals and Coffee Tree from Scentsy.

Laurie - Is your area still getting an abundance of rain? I felt badly for the people interviewed on TWC that were vacationing down there and certainly not expecting all that rain day after day. :wacko:

Oh my goodness - we are WATERLOGGED, Sweet! I walk out in my yard and it's like a swamp! The ONLY good thing I can say about our weather of late is that it is excellent candle-burning weather, of course!

Melting Sun & Sand from Can-Do. It's a little too floral for me, but I'll let it go for now.

mpfand, Sun & Sand is probably my all-time favorite scent, but I personally found the one from Can-Do to have a 'Plastic-y" kind of smell, more like a pool toy than sun-tan lotion! lol

:huh:

Today I'm melting You're A Rockstar from Olde Primitive Treasures. There is no longer a scent description for this one, but as it's melting, I'm gonna say it's a dupe of Rock Star (Lush). Very fizzy-fruity and yum!

:D

I have a couple of Morenci candles going too - Orange & Cantaloupe and Cucumber Melon. I'll probably add more candles as this dreary day wears on.

;)

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

candlefan, our lows have been in the low 90's. :wacko: We set a new record last week for the highest low ever recorded. For me, that's the worst thing about summer here; it just doesn't cool down at night.

"Highest low ever recorded"... Wow! There's just something wrong that we are even having to talk about such a thing! That sounds so miserable, and I hope all you guys affected by the unrelenting high temps hang in there.

Debra, I've got one more Precious Kitty left. Out of curiosity, have you tried Haley's Precious Puppy? I remember that one as great too, but I haven't checked lately to see if they still carry that one.

Summer Wishes by YC is going in my melter this afternoon. It smells sort of like an "oceany" or "harbor" scent to me. But the tart is light green and features a meadow (or at least something like that.)

What does YC Malasian Palm smell like? I don't think I've ever given that one a whiff. Thanks!

candlefan, that one's a World Journeys I found at the YC outlet. It's a fresh, green spa-ish scent. Very relaxing!

Had TDC Sea Monster going this afternoon and just swapped it out for a sandalwood pillar candle from Target.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Hi all! I can't believe how hot it is this weekend for everyone.

Today I'm melting Fresh Baked Bread from Nene's and Bread and Jam from OLC.

th_prod_107_1676.gif

Hey there!

Thanks Sweet, I was not a super cotton candy person until I tried Aunt Nenas Cotton Candy tart....now I wanna try from other vendors but so far...not measuring up. [smilie=th_BringItOn] I'll have to try Front Porch...and maybe get a boatload from Aunt Nena! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

This morning it's...

Muffin Top from Granny's

Apple Pumpkin Cheesecake from Scent Illusion....this freebie was so amazing on cold sniff, I ordered more!!

Have a good one. :)

Hi. Melting: Monkey Farts by Front Porch

Votives: Lilac by Old Virginia, this is an old votive, very light

Rosemary Mint by Elizabeth Arden

Maggie, how is Muffin Top? I have that in my bin curing.

Today I'm re-melting Fresh Baked Bread from Nene's and starting Cheeky Cheesecake from LOL.

Hey Biolaeagles! How's that little baby Dean doing??

The Muffin Top is delicious...it says it's spices, pastries and berries and that's just what is smells like. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Added Granny's Lavender & Patchouli upstairs.