The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Sweet Tarts of February

I don't watch the show and have not heard of that restaurant. Is it downtown?

Mpfand - IDK if it's downtown or not. [smilie=th_pardon] I looked it up and there are 2 restaurants, one is southeast and one is westside. It sounds like it was popular even before being on Guy's show. Also sounds pricey, but the reviews on the food and what I saw on the show make me wanna go! :D

I'm melting Swan Creek's Vanilla Pound Cake. Smells edible! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

I have been so busy the last few days that I haven't had time for my wax.

Getting ready to watch the Oscars.

Relaxing tonight with some candles-

YC Red Apple Wreath

YC Peppermint Bark

Hello :)

For all of those interested in the Dusty Mexican Morning scent description, here it is:

A hint of almond and a trace of rum blend with the rich butter cream top note of this luscious gourmand treat. Velvety dark cocoa is spiced with ginger and cinnamon to tease the sense, while rich maple sugar adds caramel tones . Vanilla bean sweetens the decadent treat from within.

TDC Iced Lemon Cookie

Grubby Hollow Christmas Tree

Homemade Toasted Jelly Beans

We're hoping for a little snow in our neck of the woods tonight, but the wind has been blowing so hard that I think it's going to blow over. :(

Good Morning, today I'm burning 3 tarts

Bedroom - Busy Bee Candles Spring Bouquet

Kitchen - YC Blissful Autumn

Bedroom - Busy Bee Candles Irish Cream

Have a great day everyone xx

Starting the day with Lemon Chiffon-Scentsationals

Will add more later.

Hope everyone has a great day.

We did get some snow my way the other day, Sweet. About 6 inches here-with sleet and ice to boot. Others in our neck of the woods got up to a foot or more. We are supposed to get another one tonight and tomorrow. Maybe another foot even. It's that last winter "hurrah"-lol!

Good afternoon all! I am melting a new scent from Scentsationals, called "Myrtle Beach." It smells really great - sweet and sugary and fruity, a bit like cotton candy and lemonade, or sweet tarts. I can't tell what it is supposed to smell like, but I really love it!

Has anyone else tried this scent? They just put it out at my Walmart. There were about a half dozen scents named for different beaches... Some smelled salty and fresh, a few were tropical, one smelled like coconuts, and then this one smelled like sugar. I'm wishing that I had bought the others! (Silly no/low buy!)

Cyn - [smilie=The_Hi] This Friday is March 1st....we need to get ideas for the new SOTD thread soon. Would U please post a thread for March suggestions? [smilie=th_teks0311]

Jedda - Thanks for giving us the heads up for new Scentsationals sniffs at Walmart! [smilie=th_aa17] I'll have to check em out. BTW - did U finish that adorable sweater U were knitting last spring? I kept the link to the pic in case I got an itch to knit over the winter, but so far, I'm not itchin. :D

I'm melting CFTKR's Fall on the Farm. Not uber strong to me, but vedy good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Sweet...Absolutely love your siggie...and loved your last one too! :)

Even though the name is wonky this time of year...melting Trick or Treat from Haley's. This one is great all year... [smilie=th_200912104451]

Jedda...I was just in Walmart yesterday and did not go to sniff the wax since I am on a no buy...I really shoulda since they sound yummy.

Jedda - Thanks for giving us the heads up for new Scentsationals sniffs at Walmart! [smilie=th_aa17] I'll have to check em out. BTW - did U finish that adorable sweater U were knitting last spring? I kept the link to the pic in case I got an itch to knit over the winter, but so far, I'm not itchin. :D

They also had some new clamshells from Better Homes and Gardens, and some large clamshells from Febreze. The spring scents from BH&G were mostly fruity, and beachy/fresh. I liked "Driftwood" and "Blackberry Limeade". I wasn't impressed with the Febreze tarts. There were some nice scents, but they all seemed weak, so I didn't buy any.

As for the sweater... nope, I didn't finish it. I got halfway done, and tried it on (hooray for top-down knits!) It was way too big. I had lost a bit of weight since starting it, and now it doesn't fit! I need to rip it apart and restart, but I haven't had the time... Lots of new babies in our circle of friends, and babies need handknits more than I do. Thanks for askin'!