The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Sweet Tarts of February

Oh my goodness Susan...it's been a LONG time...good to see ya! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Not fun Honeybear...we got woken up at 3am by the smoke detector going off at full blast a couple weeks ago. Never found a fire and the batteries were fresh so... [smilie=th_scratch] ...but it sure is loud when you're trying to sleep.

Came in from work and went straight to bed...

Melting...

Peppermint Patchouli from FP

Hi Susan! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Glad 2 C U and hear you're still meltin waxies!

Honeybear - So glad U found the chirping alarm. Maybe U should ask your DH his suggestions on how U would change the 15 foot high one if he's not there. Just in case...Murphy's law ya know.... [smilie=th_cha66]

Maggiemae - Do U mean U went right to bed after work today or the day after your alarm went off in the middle of the nite? [smilie=th_confused3] Hope you're feeling ok....

I'm melting LSC's Cranberry Citrus Balsam. IDK if I'm diggin it or not [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] ....may be changing it...

So far today I have melted a couple CBV candles in Blackberry Walnut and Brown Sugar Shortbread.

I figure I should probably use up some of my many candles while it is still cool enough to enjoy them, and then later on in Spring I will concentrate on melting.

Actually, for this to be January in Colorado, I can't believe how warm and dry it is out! It makes me worry about wildfires later this summer. :unsure:

Candle fan...I hope you don't have any of those!!!

Sweet...I went to bed today...just wasn't feeling right. Slept for an hour or so and feel better. I really think my school is a Petri dish of sickness right now. Argh. :(

Finally changing up the downstairs melters.

Put on some...

Haley's Pumpkin Ice Cream Waffle Cone

Scented Princess VBN freebie tart...mega freebie tart

Honeybear - we did the same thing! We had pulled every smoke detector in the place...and then there was yet another beep - and we realized that it was the CM detector. Boy did we feel silly!

Hey there Susan! [smilie=th_shewiggle] Hope you will stick around!

Tonight is Full Moon: Cranberry Fig

Good Morning!

[smilie=th_hello]

UGH to the alarm interruptions you guys have had going on! (but now I am wondering if I am the only one without a CM Monitor? Maybe I should look into that!)

:huh:

Last night around 11, I heard a huge "boom" that shook my bedroom door and all the dogs started barking. Got up to investigate, and couldn't figure out what happened, but noticed that some plastic chairs that were leaned up against the garage had fallen over (absolutely NOT the cause of the sound, as the garage is WAY away from the house) never did figure out what happened (anyone remember "sonic booms" from WAY back in the day?!) Still don't know what it was, but it was intense!

[smilie=th_scratch]

I can relate to the missing DH syndrome (like last night when the boom went off, not that he would have heard it - lol) since my DH started working in Mexico, he's only home for 3 days every 4 weeks! I am definately holding down the fort and sometimes it makes me really nervous!

:unsure: [smilie=th_yellow5] :(

Today I am re-running yesterday afternoon's melts:

Southern Comfort by LSC in 2 warmers (these are really old, I looked thru old threads and they are like end of 2010 beginning of 2011 old!), not a huge thrower, but a nice citrus-y smell

Fresh Fruit by Sniff My Tarts (I think this was a RAOW cause I don't remember ever ordering from them - are they still around?) not a super throw there either

Valencia Vanilla Verbena by Cheryl's (I remember not being overly impressed with my one and only order from there and threw them in the back of the cabinet - yep, I'm getting down to the rejects in some cases! lol)

:blush:

I think I need something fresh and strong once I get the kids off to school and morning errands done.

[smilie=th_blij12]

Have a great day!

[eta]

from the Pensacola News Journal:

We've gotten several calls about a loud boom that shook homes in the Milton area and in the Ten Mile Road area of Pensacola. We have confirmation from authorities that the noise and vibrations are due to training maneuvers being conducted from Eglin Air Force Base.

There has been no report of an explosion or other incident in the area.

mystery solved!

Last night around 11, I heard a huge "boom" that shook my bedroom door and all the dogs started barking. Got up to investigate, and couldn't figure out what happened, but noticed that some plastic chairs that were leaned up against the garage had fallen over (absolutely NOT the cause of the sound, as the garage is WAY away from the house) never did figure out what happened (anyone remember "sonic booms" from WAY back in the day?!) Still don't know what it was, but it was intense!

[eta]

from the Pensacola News Journal:

We've gotten several calls about a loud boom that shook homes in the Milton area and in the Ten Mile Road area of Pensacola. We have confirmation from authorities that the noise and vibrations are due to training maneuvers being conducted from Eglin Air Force Base.

There has been no report of an explosion or other incident in the area.

mystery solved!

I'm glad that you got to the bottom of your mystery! How scary! We had a similar experience back in December - late at night, my husband was at work, and was getting ready for bed. I heard a horrible crashing boom coming from the backyard. My dog started barking at the back door like crazy, so I grabbed a spotlight and went to check things out. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

At first glance, everything seemed fine. Suddenly, two feral cats streaked off across the back yard, and when I followed their path with my light, I saw a third cat sitting dazed in the grass beside our steel garage. He took off after his friends, and they left the area.

Best that I can tell, the cats were tearing through the yard, (which is pretty normal for these wild cats - they are territorial and like to chase each other off of the property.) This poor fella must have misjudged his path and crashed into the garage. I know that when the kids kit the garage wall with a football, it sounds like a garbage truck is hitting the wall, so I can believe that the same noise could come from a large cat running at full steam! It sure got my heart pounding! [smilie=th_pardon]

Today's melts are all "Key Lime Pie", some from CFTKR (smells like straight-up lime to my nose) and some From Kim's Tart Candles (love this one, lots of whipped cream and graham cracker!)

th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif Good morning!

Starting off with TDC Pistachio Coconut Fluff th_slider_flirt.gif

Good morning! Started at 4am and burning CFTKR Zucchini Bread Noel, heaven! I just got my very first order yesterday afternoon from Carol. I have been super excited and even bought a new hot plate warmer just to be able to melt her tarts. Wonderful scent and the throw amazing!

Have a wonderful day! [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Good Morning!

Melting a wonderful scent from HHS-

Toasted Ice Cream Scoop Dough Bread

This one is absolutely wonderful!! Janet can't get the oil for this anymore and is looking for another source.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Hi Susan! [smilie=The_Hi] It's great to "see" you again! You might think I'm just being polite, but I've thought of you often and have really missed you and your terrific sense of humor! How are you and your sweet doggies doing?

I'm melting TDC's Mexican Vanilla, a divine gift from an oh-so-thoughtful CF friend. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Gail

Morning :)

Glad you figured out what the "boom" was all about, Laurie.

LSC Snicker Doodle Butter Crunch Latte

SMT Pumpkin Spice Latte

LSC Lavender Passion

Homemade Lovely Type

It's supposed to be 60 degrees today. Can't wait til Spring! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Good Morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Wow, I hope everyone's eventful nights calm down soon! Why do smoke and CM detectors always, always start acting up at 3am?

Before heading off to work, melted Wylde Ivy Pumpkin Masquerade, which I'm a little obsessed with at the moment. It smells like pumpkin cheesecake soap :D

Have a great day!

Kate

Melting a wonderful scent from HHS-

Toasted Ice Cream Scoop Dough Bread

This one is absolutely wonderful!! Janet can't get the oil for this anymore and is looking for another source.

Michele - I bet she used FP's Ice Cream Scoop Dough Bread FO. I heard they weren't selling several of their FO's anymore, so that'll put lots of vendors searching for other options. That scent has been out a while, so I 'spose someone will come up with a dupe for it soon. I've gotten several of HHS's 'Toasted' combo scents as gifties and every one has been deeeelish! :wub:

Laurie - Glad you solved the BOOM! mystery. First thing I thought of was an earthquake - that sounded like a boom when we had a minor one. :wacko:

MaggieMae - I wondered if the crud had caught up with U. Hope you're feeling lots better! [smilie=yes]

I'm melting Royal Pumpkin Chai Cookie - yummmmm! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I started the day out with a flat tire. No wonder...turned out the tire had a nail, a screw and the screw had poked thru and slashed the tire. Sheesh....just one of those things woulda been enuf. :rolleyes: I'm just glad it went flat overnight & I wasn't driving on the freeway. ;)

I started the day out with a flat tire. No wonder...turned out the tire had a nail, a screw and the screw had poked thru and slashed the tire. Sheesh....just one of those things woulda been enuf. :rolleyes: I'm just glad it went flat overnight & I wasn't driving on the freeway. ;)

Oh no Sweet! I'm sorry your day started off so horribly! Did you have to call out of work or did you go in late? You are very lucky it didn't happen while you were driving!

Laurie...we live by a couple military bases and I know just what you mean!

Tonight it's...

Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Scoop Bread

Pumpkin Caramel Cake by Sassy Girl

Sweet, so glad you weren't driving when your tire went flat!

Melting Autumn Sunset from Scentsy.