The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Starting the year with scents of good cheer

Good morning everyone! It seems like ages since I've been here - I'm on a very tight wax budget, so I have to be careful. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? My stash was out of control, and I just don't have the room to store it all. I'm working on burning/melting through the stash, and staying away from the wax sales. I haven't ordered any tarts or candles in almost a year, and I've limited myself to $5/month for BHG or Scentsationals at Walmart. I'm shopping from the stash, I still have at least a two year supply on hand. It's really something.

I think I'd like to continue working through the stash until next fall. Autumn scents are my favorite, so I think it will be a good goal. When I replenish, I think I'll stick to tried-and-true vendors, instead of jumping on every single sale. I have to be honest, I've bought a lot of mediocre wax over the past few years, and I'd like to avoid that in the future.

Whew! Now that you've read my novella, here are my scents-of-the-day:

Raspberry Cream Cupcake - Cozy Cottage Scents

Vanilla Bean - Scentsationals

Both smell delicious! Have a great day everyone!

Jedda-I give you a lot of credit for sticking to the wax lockdown. I wish I could do the same. I have definitely cut back on wax ordering. I try to limit myself to once a month but I really want to not order again to the spring. I am going to begin a renovation here and I have run out of places to store wax.

Aria-I just tried Angie's website and was directed to Lori's balloons or something. These were at least 4 years old and still gave off a good throw.

Melting today all Granma's Zucchini Bread from HHS. Great!!

Good morning! Started the day with a Pacifica Roman Frankincense votive. Almost no throw, which was disappointing.

Jedda, good for you! I had to stop myself last night from putting in another order I just don't need. It's tough when you keep reading about all the great finds out there. Be strong!!

Kate

Jedda--I am doing the same thing--I have way too much wax so I am on a total lockdown until this stash is whittled down. I am actually enjoying "shopping" from my collection and I know I will feel better when there isn't wax stuffed in every available nook and cranny.

So far today it has been BH&G Iced Carrot Cake and I will be adding something vanilla in a bit.

Candlelove - That was my biggest problem - I had run out of places to store my incoming orders, so they were staying packed up in their boxes in a closet - not a good way to enjoy them. There was wax stashed in every room! :upssmiley1:

Rivercat - Thanks for the well-wishes. I hate to admit it, but staying away from temptation was the only way for me to do it. I know that some folks can "window shop" while on a no-buy, by making up orders online, but not pulling the trigger. I have learned that I just can't do it. I will buy it every time! I had to decide to stick with it, which means unsubscribing from newsletters, and staying away from the sales forums. :ssshopping:

trep - I have learned to love shopping out of the stash! Glad to hear that there are others currently in lockdown mode!

Mpfand: good to see you too! [smilie=th_autumboy]

I have swapped out the Raspberry Cupcake tart for "Vanilla Caramel Drizzle Cake" from Olde Primitive Treasures. It smells yummy, but light. Have a great afternoon!

Hello friends! pixel6.gif

I have a sick kiddo at home today...he's perked up since this morning, but still stuffed up.

Melting...

Cheesecake from Crosscreek

Wildberry Funnel Cake from a CF pal...crazy good!hearts.gif

Granma's Creamy ZB from HHS

Peppermint Serendipity from Scent Appeal

Thanks for all the congrats on DS's win!

Maggie, sad to hear that your DD is still not feeling well. smileyfaceangel.jpg

jedda, glad you decided to come and visit. Sounds like your lockdown is coming along nicely! Good for you. I've been pretty good about my wax addiction. I keep my stash at a manageable level. If I start to get too much wax, it just makes me cringe. I like to buy my wax, use it up and then buy some more. I stick with my favorite vendors for the most part and try a new one every so often. We are here for you if you need us...

Michele, Angie must have closed at some point...I used to love a scent she carried called Pumpkin Nog.

debra, I giggle every time I see that Snow Day kitty too...glad I had the opportunity to share it!!!

Okay, friends, my Bouncing Woolies arrived in the mail today...gonna go open 'em up and check 'em out!

MaggieMae - Hope your DD is feeling better today! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Jedda - Good to C U! [smilie=The_Hi] You're doing great using up your waxie stash! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Okay, friends, my Bouncing Woolies arrived in the mail today...gonna go open 'em up and check 'em out![/font][/size]

Aria - I'd never heard of a Bouncing Woolie and looked em up - [smilie=kewl] ! Which scent did U choose, or did U go with (gasp! :lol: ) unscented? Hope your DS feels better soon!

I'm melting LOL's Wooded Harvest...luv this scent! :wub: Some nasty T-storms crossing the country :( - all those in the midwest stay safe!

Birds of a feather, Jedda! Sounds like several of us have quite a stash to work through before we go on another shopping spree!

Tonight I am melting WAHM - Frost Bite

Aria...sorry to hear your DS is not feeling well....Get well wishes to him. [smilie=th_balloons]

Jedda... [smilie=th_23_32_7] You have amazing willpower! I have previously only gone a couple months...but I am really in need of a nice long lockdown too!!

Today is the first day of no fever in this house... [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Melting...

Royal Lemon Sugar Cookie from a CF pal.... [smilie=th_Drglar] thanks!

Burning...

YC Apple Pumpkin

Night...night. [smilie=thzzz003]

Starting the day with Trick or Treat from Haley's...although the name is for Halloween, the scent is for the whole year. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Have a good one. :)

Good Morning!!

Melting this morning Can Do Banana Island in all melters Love it!! This smells just like Banana Ivy from Busy Bee.

I am definitely in need of a long lockdown. Got 2 more orders into HHS this week. These were from the reminder of Christmas gift money. I am starting a house renovation soon and have to store most of my tarts so I really can't order any more now anyway. That should be it for awhile-famous last words.

Aria - That's what I need to do - buy a bit, melt it up, and then buy more. The deal-seeker in me tries to stock up whenever there is an "unbeatable" sale. I need to stop doing that. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

sweet&spicygrl, Debra, & MaggieMae - [smilie=th_sHellobar] Glad to be back with you all!

Melting today:

"Sugar Cookie Dough Bread" - Distinctly Pink

"Battle of the Sexes" - Haley's Heavenly Scents

"Pink Sugar Cookie" - Crabby Candle Co.

"Guava Berry" - Scentsationals

Have a lovely day everyone!

Good Morning! Starting mine out with Hazelnut Latte from Scentsy. I had my hearing test yesterday and my suspicions were confirmed- I need hearing aids. I see the ENT dr. on Friday so I'm not going to make any decisions about hearing aids until I hear what he has to say. I wasn't anticipating this until much later in life, but my ears have suffered so much damage from all the ear infections that it's resulted in hearing loss.

Morning

Mpfand ~ Sorry to hear about your hearing loss. [smilie=th_empathy] Change is always hard at first, but once you get used to them, you will be much happier.

Maggie ~ Yay! No more fever is a very good thing! [smilie=yes]

Jedda ~ I am a deal-seeker as well. And, especially if I have to pay shipping, I like to make sure my boxes are filled up but good! [smilie=th_pardon]

Speaking of deals [smilie=bagover] , Streetmans' sale starts today and I have been wanting to try her Snap Sticks. My problem is that I always find a way to rationalize a purchase. Valentine's Day is coming up, isn't it?! [smilie=th_cc8]

Candledippers Lemon Berry Dream Cake

Homemande Christmas Hearth, Frosted Prairie Kitchen, and Christmas Wish

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

th_sHellobar.gif

I'm now melting FP Red Velvet Cake th_shewiggle.gif We are under a wind advisory tonight and I am really hoping it does not knock out the power.

mpfand - I am sorry about the hearing loss. I hope the ENT doctor will help make it easier to come to a decision.

MaggieMae - I hope the sickies have left da building (aka: your house ;) ) and won't return!

Mpfand - My ears always get plugged up after I have a cold, but eventually clear on their own & thought for sure that's what happened to your ears, too. I'm sorry to hear that news! :o I hope U get a better report from the ENT doc. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Shortygal - Hope your electric stays on - it's gonna turn cold again, too. [smilie=th_autumboy]

I'm melting BH&G's Warm Welcome - smells just like their Warm Autumn Welcome to me. Soooo good! :wub: