The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Jingle Bells, Good Christmas Smells

[smilie=th_hello] I'm melting Grubby Hollow's Olde Cider Mill from a very thoughtful CF friend. Man, I love this one! [smilie=thank_you]

Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday.

Gail

Put on Mistletoe & Ivy from Nellie's Acres...wish I could smell it. I've got a cold and can't smell a thing. [smilie=th_cray] Yep, my nose hurts from blowin' it!

Have a good evening. [smilie=th_offtobed]

Howdy candle friends! I'm happy to report that DH and I are more or less settled in the new apartment. We like it better than our old place, and it feels great to get things in order. I am making a huge effort to be more organized than I have been in the past, so I've been enjoying getting things set up to facilitate that. It's very rewarding to make progress, breaking down boxes and deciding where things will go, putting together the stuff we bought at IKEA, etc.

The waxies made it here safely, with the exception of a melter dish that broke yesterday (not because of the move directly, it just got bumped off a table, thankfully it wasn't on at the time). I did some remelts to clear out my melter dishes, and now PI Evergreen is going in the bedroom. Even more exciting, though, is that my YC exchange worked great and now I am enjoying a large jar Home for the Holidays. What a wonderful scent this is. Our new place has "hardwood" (I don't think they're real but they look nice) floors and the woodsy smell of HftH is just awesome. It's the PERFECT settling-into-a-new-place-around-the-holidays scent and I am thrilled with it.

Partly because of the move this year, DH and I are letting ourselves have more-than-usual influence on our gifts for each other, and I am choosing to get a pillar and some votives from Full Moon. Will post more info about that in other threads.

Feel better soon, Maggie!

Hope everyone has enjoyed a good weekend! DH starts his new job tomorrow. I know he'll be great.

The weekend is winding down. I'm melting YC Gingerbread in two melters. I have a jar of Holiday melts so I'll be concentrating on that stash until it's gone. Shouldn't be a problem. th_december2201661-1.gif

I have been melting Aspen winter / CFTKR from a thoughtful candlepal! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Thanks! I love all the shapes the CFTKR tarts come in.

Thanks for keeping your eye out, sweet. I didn't know there was plum! It is very similar to an old YC scent called Christmas Berries I have. I bet it is at least 3-4 years old and I still keep it around to sniff!

MaggieMae - Awww...geeze...I hope your stuffed nose is short lived and you feel much better soon! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I've had good luck with Mucinex D - have U tried that?

Christy - Glad 2 C U! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] So glad you're getting settled in your new place - it sounds lovely!

I'm melting LSC's Ginger Cookie Shake. :wub:

God bless, comfort & strengthen the community of Newtown, CT and those in our nation that share their tears. [smilie=group_hug]

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Maggie, feel better soon! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

cmarie, glad to hear your move went smoothly and you're getting all settled in! :)

Melting Cranberries Sprinkled with Sugar from FP.

Hello, all.

Hope you feel better, Maggie! No fun to be sick around the holidays.

FP Autumn Glory ~ Thanks to a wonderful CF friend [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

YOCC Elf Sweat & Frosted Winter Berry

Today I lit my GC Spritz Cookie Dough today in memory of my Grandma. We used to make Spritz Cookies many years ago when I was about 10 years old...AND I still have the cookie cookbook that we used. She passed away on Halloween '90...her 78th birthday. Sure do miss her. :(

This whole thing in CT is so gut-wrenching. I've been sad all weekend thinking about the senseless loss of all of those precious lives.

CONGRATS on your new place Christy!!! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack I am so glad that you love it and good luck to your hubby at his new job!

Thank you Christy, Sweet and Mpfand! You are very sweet and I'll be fine...it's just annoying not to be able to smell.

Trying to plow thru the clog with peppermints

Warm Christmas &

Mrs. Claus Cookies...both from Front Porch

Night.

Maggie--hope you are feeling better today.

Christy--so glad you are happy with your new home. Now you can enjoy the holidays and really settle in.

Starting the day with my new Beanpod Cranberry Clove candle I got for my birthday--my friends took me out Friday night to celebrate a few days early and this was one of their gifts. Also am melting BH&G Wild Berry Cheesecake. Have a great day everyone!

Thank you Trep! :)

You got a candle as a gift? What could be better than that? ;)

Started the morning with a not so Christmasy scent...

Apple Festival from Goose Creek

Have a good one.

Good morning friends

Taking a wee break from melting and burning, but wanted to say hi. My heart is still so heavy over what happened last Friday that nothing else seems very important to me right now. I really need to concentrate on getting some things done for Christmas even though I am having a hard time finding the holiday spirit. I remember having very similar feelings after 9/11. It's almost surreal....

Maggie, hope you're feeling better soon.

Christy, nice to hear you're all moved in.

Hugs and best to all of you. You are all very dear to me.

th_Hello_.gif

I am melting Wildberry Noel :) DH should be starting his vacation soon. It should be interesting trying to melt with him here considering he doesn't like my tarts too often lol.

Maggie - I hate being sick and not able to smell my wax. Hope you feel better soon!

Christy - Congrats on your new place & best of luck to your DH!

Melting Cup of Hot Cocoa-CHS this morning/afternoon and getting ready to make the real thing!

Hope you all have a great afternoon.

A nice surprise was waiting for me at the post office--a dear friend sent me two candles, scented spray and reed diffuser set--it smells great!

For this afternoon it is BH&G Iced Carrot Cake, Vanilla Sugar Cookie and Sugar Cookie. It is a chilly, wintry feeling day here for a change so I am in the mood for some comfort scents.

Thank you Aria and Shortygal.

Today its

Scentsy Peppermint Dreams from a lovely Cf pal...thanks! Smells great!

Mint Sugar Cookie from a place called Suds & Lights...this is an oldie..they've been OOB for a long time.

As you all know my dad passed away on October 13th and today my father in law suddenly died. My husband and I had just spoken with him and he was fine and four hours later he was gone. I know others on here have been having similar things happening so I guess we are all having a rough year.

For this evening it is Harmony Home Madagascar Vanilla, Iced Carrot Cake and Sugar Cookie.

Trep-So sorry to hear about your father in law. It has been a rough year for you. I can't wait for this year to be over. Four close relatives died here within 4 months including my FIL. Hugs to you.

Maggie-Hope you feel better!!

Christy-Glad to hear the move went well and you are settling in to your new home.

Melting tonight Scent Appeal Blue Frosted Cake. Yummy!! Smells great! This was a gift from a very generous CF friend.

I was out all day trying to finish up my Christmas shopping. Finally in the home stretch.