The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Cornucopia of Scents

Good Saturday Morning to all!

I have just one tart melting so far...Sour Cream Spice Cake from YOCC.

Michele, so glad you are ok. Still thinking of you and hoping your beach house survived although it doesn't sound too good. So sad about the children and the babies.

Maggie, glad you are ok too! I hope you get power soon. Thank goodness for generators!

Stella, thinking of you and hope your surgery goes well.

sweet, you asked what costume DS wore on the Oct thread...I am just getting caught up here...he was a zombie! We ripped an old pair of jeans and found a flannel shirt at the salvation army store and ripped that up a bit too. Then, we took dark brown paint and "muddied" them up and we attached creepy bugs all over. He wasn't allowed to wear make-up to school (dumb rule), but for trick or treating I made his face greyish greenish, darkened his eyebrows and eyes, some fake scars and black "blood" and then I sprinkled baby powder in his hair! It looked pretty awesome! Older DS was his own concoction of a military guy wearing a "jason" hockey mask...lol...I don't know...it was his idea! The weather was sort of nasty, cold and drizzly so they came home early and didn't get as much "loot" as they usually do which is fine with me!!!!

honeybear, I know what you mean about missing the school parties when the kids get older! I am enjoying it now with DS#2 since it won't be long and he'll be in middle school! Yikes! Next year, I will have a high schooler and a middle schooler!!!! Really??

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday...my MIL is visiting for the weekend and everyone is still asleep so I'm enjoying some quiet time.

I went out of town - and found a new Walmart ...and where they have been hoading all the scents my store does not carry, lol! 15 scents I have not tried! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Debra - Luckeeeeee! [smilie=th_yay] Which are your fave sniffs?

sweet, you asked what costume DS wore on the Oct thread...I am just getting caught up here...he was a zombie!

Aria - [smilie=th_cc8] You guys are so creative!

I'm melting LSC's Pumpkin Bread from a CF pal [smilie=The_Hi] and burning Nest's Pumpkin Chai candle. Smells awesome in here! :wub:

For those on Daylight Savings Time....don't forget to turn your clocks BACK (fall behind) tonite. [smilie=th_anyminute]

Thank you for your sweet wishes guys. <<hugs>> Wish I could use a big hug emotie but it doesn't work on my kindle.

Michele...I hope wehear that you beach house made itthrough the storm. Prayers to you my friend!!!

Sweet...we don't have any heat and its starting togetcold...59 in the house this morn...daisy was shivering so I tried to make a heat tent...which worked. No complaints though...this is nothing compared to what others are going through.

Finished up my McCalls Sugar plum & sun and sand from brookside

melted scent appeal Autumn Trail

Take care all :)

EEEK, Maggie, that is COLD! [smilie=eek] Hope you get some heat soon!

LSC English Breakfast Zucchini Bread

YOCC Zucchini Fluff Bread

YOCC Cranberry Zucchini Bread

Swan Creek Amber Musk

Homemade Maple Sugar

Melting GC Almond Orange Scone

Hope everyone's having a good day!

Burning Red Apple Wreath from YC and have a votive melting from Village Candle in Mulled Cider.

Our weather is crazy here in SC today was sunny and in the high 70's, yesterday the highest was in the 50's. At least we got the yard work done. Have a great weekend everyone!

Tonight i've been burning

Woodwicks buttery cupcakes- one small piece in a tealight warmer. Still wax too strongly vanilla for me so turned it off after 45mins. I'm going to try mixing this with something next time as i still some left and I really can't stand it alone.

YC tutti fruity in a tealight warmer. I love this scent. Very sweet and sugary but in a fruity way. Fills my bedroom nicely and one tarts last about 8-10 hours for me.

we don't have any heat and its starting to get cold...59 in the house this morn

MaggieMae - Oh no - that's cold! [smilie=th_sorry_] R U able to make hot coffee/cocoa/etc? Help is on the way...soon, I hope! [smilie=superman]

th_autumboy.gif

Today I'm melting Nene's Maple Sugar Corn Pudding.

Jules - Does your autumn emoti mean temps in your area are finally cooler? [smilie=th_c61]

I put on LSC's Caramel Apple Empanadas this afternoon [smilie=th_slider_flirt] - luv this one, it's droolworthy! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] It's still got scent, so I'm adding B&BW's Cider Lane candle to end the day.

Hi All!

Just checking in to say hello.

Maggie-The weather has started to really get cold. Hope you get your heat and power back soon. My brother and sister in law are still without power also. They have been coming over to do laundry. They have another family staying with them that were flooded.

My DD's have been out for the last 2 days collecting, sorting and delivering clothing at a relief center that has been set up. Most of these people lost everything.

Death toll here in my community is now at 23. This is so sad. Driving down the steets where Sandy was the most devastating is horrible to see. Many of these families lost everything. Street after street has all the contents of people's homes piled on the curb. It makes me realize how lucky I am. My street is untouched by the storm.

Still really no word on the beach house. I saw an aerial view of my house on google crisis maps. From what I saw it is still standing. I can see lots of sand in the streets meaning water was there. It looks like we might have escaped the worst of it. You can see blacktop in front of my house. It still doesn't mean we weren't flooded. We might be allowed on the island only for a set amount of time next weekend to see the damage. It is still not safe there. Gas is not to be restored there for up to 8 months. Much of the island needs to be rebuilt. Our home can be repaired if need be.

We are safe and that is all that matters. People lost everything. My family is very very lucky.

I waited almost 7 hours for gas today. I now have a full tank. I drive my mother to dialysis 3 times a week. I need the gas.

I have not had time to melt the last couple of days. Maybe next week things will return to being a bit more normal.

Thanks again everybody for thinking of me. I hope I never have to see such devastation in my community ever again in this lifetime.

Michele...your words are so true. We are very lucky.

My BIL has a home on LBI and hadn't been able to find out what happened yet. We r going to try looking on google ...thanks for the idea.

Tonight its

All Hallows Eve from CHS

candles in...

Hot Apple Pie from Crossroads

Comfortably Numb from LOL

Homemade candle I made from leftovers tart wax

My Dad rigged together a cable so that we can get our heat to work!!!!! I am so grateful....hooray! :)

Have a good night.

Maggie-Here is the link-

google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy

Tell your brother in law it worked well. I saw an aerial view of my house. I was able to see if lots of sand was washed onto my property giving me an idea of how much water might have gotten in. It gave me comfort to see my house was standing and still intact. Hope this helps.

Candlelove, I am so glad you made it safely through, but gosh, what a lot of waiting you must go through now. Seven hours for gas?? What did you have to do, just sit in the long line and wait? I hope it was better than that!

Halo, yep, serious damage was done at that other Walmart I found ^_^ , and Sweet - my favs so far: Juicy Blackberry Currant, Under the Mistletoe, and Vanilla Cookie Crunch.

Good to hear that so many of you are safe after Sandy! Such a terrible storm and aftermath.

I have been out of power and out of town but now all is back to normal and I'm catching up. Melted some really good tarts yesterday:

- Ginger Souffle (Cheryl's) - wonderful scent and very strong throw (I used 3 small tarts) and still going strong today! :wub:

- Celtic Moonspice (BL) - nice and pretty good throw in a large room...and that is the end of my BL stash! Had so many strong throwers from BL - I'm looking forward to ordering again :)

- Butt Naked (TBG) - great scent and very strong throw from just one cube...both in my 15-watt plug-in and in my 25-watt melter which is in a very large room. :)

- Black Pepper Chai Tea (Luna Bleu) - great scent and good throw.

- Velvet Poinsettia Blossom (BH&G) - heavy (but not cloying) floral with good throw (3 cubes...I always need 3 cubes of the Walmart tarts); I liked it a lot!

Candlelove, I am so glad you made it safely through, but gosh, what a lot of waiting you must go through now. Seven hours for gas?? What did you have to do, just sit in the long line and wait? I hope it was better than that!

Michele - [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] I'm glad to hear U could see your beach house online & it's intact. I was wondering how everyone 'waited' for gas, too. It sounds as if the long wait would eat up any gas you'd be able to put in your car. [smilie=th_scratch] R businesses open....R people able to get to work yet?

MaggieMae - Your dad is awesome for figuring out how to get your heat on! [smilie=th_happy096] Any word on how long before electricity is restored? Will your businesses and schools be open tomorrow?

I'm melting Nene's Nutmeg & Ginger.....fantastic scent! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Candlelove, that is so sad to hear about the destruction and death caused by Sandy!

Today I cut up a Leaves candle from B&BW and am melting it in my kitchen and living room. In the bathroom, I'm melting Almond Pastries by CYS.

I'm melting a combo of YC's Autumn Wreath+Autumn Leaves - smells like autumn in here! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Where'd everyone go? [smilie=th_scratch] It's kinda empty in here today. Yooohoooo....oooo....oooo. Yep, I think I hear an echo. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Remelting the Pumpkin Spice Cake from earlier...I am a spaz with the tealights...forget to check on them. ^-^

MaggieMae - Your dad is awesome for figuring out how to get your heat on! [smilie=th_happy096] Any word on how long before electricity is restored? Will your businesses and schools be open tomorrow?

Yea Sweet...

We just got a call today that schools will be closed for another two days...then they will reassess what's happening. Wegmans & Target are running on generators but at least they are open...got some milk and apples last night! Yahoo! Banks and most other businesses are still closed. Some gas stations opened up yesterday but they need the police there to keep things calm...LONG lines of cars and people with gas cans. Hoping we will get back power tomorrow or Tuesday. I saw electricians from Michigan here...YEAH MICHIGAN!!!!!

Just had Pic's petals and scents mulberry zucchini bread melting today. Was a very strong scent, filled my entire downstairs and up into my landing. It was still going strong after after 10 hours. Wasn't my favourite scent, think the mulberry kinda ruined the zucchini for me but other than that I can't fault it.

Melting Pumpkin Souffle from Aunt Nena's. I was beginning to think that all the tarts from my last order were duds, but this one smells great!

Hoping we will get back power tomorrow or Tuesday.

MaggieMae - I hope U get it back tomorrow. Was your dad able to connect your water tank, too? I remember what cold baths were like when mine wasn't working [smilie=th_th1ptgno] ...I hope U can take a hot bath or shower. [smilie=th_51991986] BTW - luv your new quote! [smilie=yes]

My afternoon YC combo was strong & it was kinda getting 2 me. :wacko: There was plenty 'o smell left, just needed to shut it down. I'm burning B&BW's Spiced Apple Toddy I found from last year - [smilie=th_cc15] scent!