The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Cornucopia of Scents

Good morning and good news! The sweet hummer ate like a little piggy and there wasn't a drop of blood anywhere. [smilie=th_yay] She wanted to GO! I placed her on a plant in my front yard and she promptly flew to a different one, where she rested for a few minutes. It was so cute to see her take in the sights and sounds of the early birdies. She looked so perky. And then she flew off into the distant sky! [smilie=th_aa20]

Thanks for your input and support, buddies. Yes indeed, Debra, it sure is a lot of work! What a surprise that your black and white stray kitty is actually two!

Christy, good luck with your apartment hunting. I hope you and your DH find the perfect one!

I'm melting HHS Pleasingly Pumpkin. I love this one, but I hope to not be smelling it in another half hour. It's not even 7AM here and I already need a nap! [smilie=th_offtobed]

Have a really good day today, everybody, and thanks again for caring!

Gail - Now dubbed "The Good Foster Mama" by the DH [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

DH and I will be out of town for the next three days, looking for an apartment to move into next month. We are anxious about finding something, so I'm hoping and praying that things go smoothly.

Christy - Safe travels! [smilie=th_snoopy] I'll add my prayers to yours that U find the apartment meant 4 U. [smilie=yes]

My candle has the newer smooth looking wax, not the marbled wax. Is that soy? I love Harvest, but I don't think I am getting a huge scent throw on this one. It is, however, a very nice background scent. I wonder why they are using different wax now. I was thinking of emailing and seeing what Yankee has to say. Do you know why they switched? I think the big jars still have the marbled wax.

Aria - I think YC did change to soy wax in the tumblers. I've read the reviews on the tumblers on their site and some mentioned that they changed their wax and they're not getting the throw they used to. If you've noticed a change that's not a good one, probably a good idea to let them know. The squeaky wheel ya know.... ;)

Good morning and good news! The sweet hummer ate like a little piggy and there wasn't a drop of blood anywhere. [smilie=th_yay] She wanted to GO! I placed her on a plant in my front yard and she promptly flew to a different one, where she rested for a few minutes. It was so cute to see her take in the sights and sounds of the early birdies. She looked so perky. And then she flew off into the distant sky! [smilie=th_aa20]

Puppy - Awww...you are a good mama! [smilie=th_bomb] It did your heart good to C the hummer fly off, fed and better than U found it. Didn't you have a birdie trapped in your garage before? You'll have to put a sign up for them to read & not to fly in, huh? [smilie=th_biqazm1]

I'm melting Swan Creek's Roasted Espresso & burning B&BW's Pumpkin Cupcake. Both are [smilie=th_cc15] !! Another vedy unseasonably warm day here - almost 70 degrees. :blink:

I am melting Baked Apples (LSC) for the THIRD DAY! Awesome scent and throw. Actually, it lasted about 2 1/2 days...it is just losing scent now.

Also, Calabrian Bergamot & Violet (TBG) - a favorite of mine, and Mulberry Plum Spice (BH&G) which is pretty good.

Gail, so glad the little hummingbird is all better! Lucky him for flying into the garage of such a kind hearted person. :)

Christy, good luck on your apartment search!

Melting Coffee Tree and Mochadoodle, both from Scentsy.

That is really good news, Gail! I bet you were very relieved once it took off again outside. They are very personable for being birds, aren't they?

Today is a clean up / clean out day. Tart drawers included! So, I am melting Trick or Treat only slightly off season, no vendor listed on the bag.

:thyay: Gail!!! I am so happy!! Great news! :)

Changed up the scents:

Autumn Trail from Scent Appeal

Apple Zucchini Bread from Tiffany Candles

Apple Pumpkin Bread from Long Cane Primitives- love this sniff!

Autumn Sunset & Pumpkin Marshmallow from Scentsy...a nice combo idea from a CF pal! Thanks...really smells good!

Evening all, been a quiet slow day for me, nursing the poor bf and his nasty self inflicted hangover so no scents until he left as he was feeling a little fragile lol.

However as soon as he left i put on

Fussassmcgee Pumpkin cheesecake-about 1oz sample in my scentsy warmer, this was too light for me so i poured it into my tealight warmer and boy did it ever pack a punch then, although to be fair the room its filling ain't the biggest but i'm still very pleased. Its been going strong about 4 hours now and is a nice slightly spicy pumpkin scent, not picking too much of a cheesecake though, but overall its very pleasant, plus i'm a sucker for the little sprinkles on it :).

@Christy, happy house hunting hopefully it's as stress free as house hunting can be.

@Gail, thats great news to hear, your a proper wee nurse

@Debra, goodluck with the clean up/clear out, i'm almost afraid to start looking through my wax drawers, i'm so many little hidey holes in my house where i'm stashed them so the bf doesn't noticed my growing addiction I wouldn't even know where to start.

Halo - Happy birthday to U tomorrow! [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d Hope U have a wonderful day! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] (thread started in Birthday Wishes)

Debra - Cleaning out tart drawers is a treasure hunt. I did some waxie rearranging last weekend and found some I'd forgotten about. [smilie=th_pardon]

I'm melting an elderly Busy B tart - Fireside Inn. It's a spicy/woodsy sniff - still lots of scent to it, too! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Thanks everyone for the bday wishes, really starting to feel old now, only one more year to the big 3-0 lol.

Starting the day off with

TDC hummingbird-half a muffin in my scentsy warmer. This has a great scent throw, a lovely juicy pear and kiwi scent with a little pineapple to it. To me its perfect for the morning, sooths you into the day.

Himalayan Bamboo (Shayz) - very good throw and a nice, fresh scent.

Yesterday I melted Country Kettle Corn (BH&G) - strong throw and I liked it! No an every day scent for me but it was fun to try. Also, French Vanilla (Dream Tarts) - not much throw or scent. The one I had from a previous order was much better :(

Thanks everyone for the bday wishes, really starting to feel old now, only one more year to the big 3-0 lol.

[smilie=th_sSig_what] Oh my Halo...You IZ just a young'un!! Enjoy these years...you have along way to go before you are old! [smilie=yes]

Today has been:

Amish Friendship Bread from Front Porch...always a good one no matter from who!!!

Have a good one. :)

Good Morning CF peeps! It has been so long since I have been here, that I have spent quite a long while just reading the thread. I haven't changed up the tarts yet for the morning, but am burning YC Autumn Leaves.

I do apologize for being away for so long, for anything I missed. My life has taken quite a turn and I am lucky and thankful to be able to be with all of you today.

Have a great day.

Happy Veterans Day!

Thanks, everyone, for your responses re the little hummer. I'm so glad it's over and ended happily! :D

Sweet, your memory amazes me, as always. Yes, some time back, I did rescue another hummer in a similar situation. I wish they would stay out of our garage! We hide everything that's red so they won't be tempted to come in. DH even disguised the bright red emergency garage door handle with black tape, but they still come in! [smilie=th_pullhair] Yup, guess I need to put up a big "DANGER - KEEP OUT" sign. [smilie=yes]

Debra, yes, they sure are full of personality! Gotta love 'em!

Cat, it's WONDERFUL to see you again! I've definitely missed you! Here's hoping you have a bright and joyful 2013! :thwetkissf:

I'm still melting HHS Pleasingly Pumpkin. Such a good one, and this morning I'm awake enough to fully enjoy it!

Gail

Started into my GC stash and burning Warm Apple Crisp this morning. I'm surprised that it's not throwing better. I was really looking forward to these candles being awesome! Maybe it's just this scent.

[smilie=th_sad2hz1]

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

I started the day with "Heavy Metal" from CBV. I don't think that I like it. From the description, I was expecting sweet candy goodness, but instead I get a mix of grape kool-aid and bubbles - you know, bubble solution that kids play with? It is almost floral, but still cloyingly sweet.

Overall, kind of gross. Plus I think it's giving me a headache.

I enjoyed SO much reading your post about the little hummingbird Gail!!

Melting Indian Sweet Bread from Carol today!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Thanks gals! Big hugs right back at ya. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Afternoon melts-

BHG-Ginger Spice Cake

Nene's- Bodacious Blueberry

CFTKR- Brown Sugar Pound Cake

It's making me hungry around here.

I've been so busy that I didn't realize I haven't been here for nearly a week. :o Looks like I've missed a whole bunch of stuff...kitties, birdies, flu-buggies :( , broken bones, and even a few birthdays. Hope everyone is on the mend and enjoyed their special days. [smilie=th_sml29]

Hubby has been home, but is off again in the morning for Arizona. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Burning GC Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in the kitchen.

Melting:

LSC Pink Wishes

FP Frosted Prairie Kitchen

CFTKR Caramel Praline Zucchini Bread

Partylite Be Lively!