The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

October's Cauldron of Scents

Hope everyone has had a great tueday, only one more day to the midweek hump :).

This morning I burned YC orange and starfruit in a tealight warmer and I must admit i didn't like it, kinda reminded me a bit of orange scented floor cleaner. It was quite an old tart (still had the round lable) and the scent only lasted about 4 hours (thankfully) and it was only strong for about 2. I wouldn't but it again.

This afternoon I melted scent appeal fried ice cream. It was in her old parafin wax and i used one cube in a tealight warmer. This had a mild scent throw and i probably could have thrown in another cube but over all I didn't really like the scent. I got this as a bit of a gamble as i know i don't really like vanilla scents and this gamble didn't work out for me.

Tonight i've been burning a generic soy wax melt in blueberry cheescake i bought of ebay in my scentsy warmer. It was about an ounce and didn't much throw at all. This was pretty much a dud.

I've currently put beezy tarts cookies and cream back on my scentsy warmer to fall asleep too. This is one of beezy's lighter scents but overall to me still a winner. I used a third of a tart and it filled my bedroom well, i had it melted for about 6 hours yesterday and it still has a little bit of scent left for tonight. Tonight it is definitly lighter but i still get that nice creamy sweet scent.

[smilie=th_goodnight] Hope you all sleep well, i've my hotwater bottles back out tonight so i'm nice and cosy and warm and ready for a good nights sleep.

Switched up to Shayz Pink Pie...and discovered I'm not a big fan of vanilla pumpkin scents!

Biolaeagles - Luv's me some pumpkin! But....pink sugar + pumpkin pie sounds :wacko: to me. [smilie=th_pardon]

Enjoying a delicious Honeycrisp apple...my favorite kind of apple for eating.

Aria - Me too! :wub: A great combo of slightly tart and very crisp! A gal I work with grows them on her farm, so we're able to get some every fall. They're very good to use in baking, too.

I'm melting TBG's Haunted Hayride (tart granny smith apples, caramel, cinnamon, pumpkin, and hints of hay) from a CF pal [smilie=th_teks0311] & it's [smilie=th_fabulous1] !! I was on her site to check the scent description & she sez her shop will be open until Friday, then is closing for about 6 weeks cuz she's having surgery. Just sayin... ;)

Had Corn Husk by Candles Scent From Heaven (almost a year old) and it smelled great until the chicken in one crock pot and the COLLARDS in the other crockpot took over the world.

:rolleyes:

Have a good evening!

Haley's- Serendipity in Kitchen/Living room(20 watt warmer) for about 5 hours, didn't really care for the scent. Changed it to Haley's- Insane Zucc Bread wow this is a strong scent, love it!!

Kim's- Pineapple upside dw cake in master bedroom, nice scent but wouldn't order it again.

Not really having luck with Kim's tarts, tried them first in a 20 watt they only lasted maybe 3 hours and had burnt scent. Then tried them in 14 watt and only get very little scent.

Been out running around all day. Glad to be home...finally!!!

Put on a Grubby Hollow Frontier Johnny Cakes from a sweet CF friend. Quite honestly, I am too pooped to change out any other warmers at the moment. Got home to a computer problem and now that it is fixed, I am enjoying a salad and some cheese sticks for dinner...soon to be joined by a nice glass of Chardonnay. I miss my hubby. :(

Have a good night!

Biolaeagles - Luv's me some pumpkin! But....pink sugar + pumpkin pie sounds :wacko: to me. [smilie=th_pardon]

I actually really liked it for awhile, but then had to turn it off since it started to overpower the house and the pink was really strong. I am happy to say that every pink scent I've tried of hers is strong, but I think those may be too sweet for even me...shocker!

I changed up to burning the last of my Pumpkin Crunch Cake candle from Tara's Candle Cottage and am melting Cinnamon Buns from Scentsy in the bathroom.

I just visited TBG and her stuff is almost gone already! :crysmiley1:

Morning all :)

Today so far i've just put on

Scentsy-Kahiko Hula upstairs in my scentsy warmer. Just wanted something light and fruity.

TDC-Flannel pajammas downstairs in a scentsy warmer. This is a great clean fresh scent, perfect for trying to wake me up.

I just visited TBG and her stuff is almost gone already!

@Biolaeagles keep checking back on her site, i've a feeling she might restock tonight and tomorrow. Just guessing though.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Haven't had a chance to start anything today since it's an early workday but melted CFTKR Birthday Cake yesterday from my sampler and it was just so yummy! I had someone from outside come and ask what I was baking. That will be added to the "need to get more" list for sure! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Is it Wednesday already? [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Late night melt and still going strong is~

LSC Black Pumpkin...probably the best pumpkin patchouli scent I've tried!

Will add more later...when I am fully awake. :)

Greetings friends. I'm enjoying SH Waffle Cone this morning.

Boy, that contest down in the game room is a blast from the past. I remember a very similar contest from a few years ago when I went all out in listing spicy scents.

Good morning 84936-1.gif

Melting Apple Zucchini Bread from Tiffany Candles...thanks CF friend...smells awesome! ty3.gif

In another melter, I have Nene's Fall Festival...from another CF friend ty3.gif...this one is spicy and reminds me of a scent I love called Applejack & Peel. I think Carol used to carry that one.

Aria - Me too! :wub: A great combo of slightly tart and very crisp! A gal I work with grows them on her farm, so we're able to get some every fall. They're very good to use in baking, too.

sweet, they are so yummy and my boys love them too. I will have to use them the next time I make apple pie.

Well, gals, I am off to do some domestic goddess duties...have a great day!

Good morning!

Melting Sugar Cookie Bread Dough and Pumpkin Caramel Cookie from CFTKR

Burning Gold Canyon Candy Corn

Have a great day everyone!

Hi there [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Lit up a new GC candle this morning in Almond Orange Scone. Decided the Toffee Drizzled Popcorn one is going downstairs in the rec room for the girls. I'm not luvin' it. <_<

LSC Cherry Sandwich Cookies

YOCC Zucchini Bread

TDC Lemon Curd & Rose Milk

Have a good day

Yesterday afternoon: Mimi's House (Can-Do) - nice scent and medium throw :)

Today: Finally I am melting the famous Sticky Bread (LSC) - very good! very good throw, too...it is like a non-spicy ZB :)

I am super-tempted to place another LSC order...my stash is sooo huge, though...Can anyone tell me how long these keep? I don't want to miss out on some of the seasonal scents but I don't want to order anything right now that won't keep for at least 8 months. I can cave ordering from CFTKR because they are paraffin and I know will last forever (supposedly). I used to order from a place that had soy tarts that kept for over 5 years! Sorry for the thread high-jack !

roserent...I would think LSC would last a long time if they are properly stored. I keep mine in glass jars because I usually order a lot of the same scent. Today it's Chocolate Cinnamon Latte from Lasting Scents! Love this one!!

My BL tarts have finished their scent so lit some candles this evening-

YC Baking/Kitchen

YC Harvest Welcome

Goose Creek Wicked Cider

YC Autumn Wreath

Slatkin's Pumpkin Carving

YC Kitchen Spice

roserent...I would think LSC would last a long time if they are properly stored. I keep mine in glass jars because I usually order a lot of the same scent. Today it's Chocolate Cinnamon Latte from Lasting Scents! Love this one!!

Thanks!!