The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

Trep - That's downright cool 4 U for the middle of August isn't it? Sounds wonderful! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting YC's MacIntosh Spice. This is from last fall and it kept well, wasn't crumbly as some can get. I have a few left from last fall & figured I'd better melt em so I can get some of their new fall scents when they have their $1 sale. ;) Anyone heard when that'll be?

Sweet--they are having a $1 tart/votive sale for the Labor Day weekend--not sure exactly when they are starting it but the manager at our store told me this yesterday. And, yes, our temps yesterday were quite cool for August. Today it is to be back in the 90's though--sigh...

Starting my day with Black Raspberry Vanilla from Scentsationals.

bf-palmsmiley.gif Good Morning

Melting a big favorite...Carol's 7-Up Zucchini Bread...so very yummy!

Taking the boys to the beach today bf-beach.gif

Have a Happy Melting Day!!!!

Oh wow

that was my BIG fave.

Amazing you still have them!

I have couple of Blue Geckos but no more Bella.

Rose: This is my last one. I have been trying to use up some older melts this summer. I really love this one too!!

Trep, you must be in heaven with those cooler temps! What a relief, eh? [smilie=yes]

Wow, Blue Gecko... I loved Deidre's products, packaging, and CS. She was such a pro! [smilie=th_sml29]

I'm sad to report that I haven't melted or burned a thing this past week. [smilie=th_Cry] Okay, the emotie might be a tad - just a tad - melodramatic. This one depicts my state of mind more accurately. --->> [smilie=th_sad2hz1] My DH's BFF is here visiting from Iowa. These guys are old Viet Nam buddies and have been sidekicks for nearly 50 years. He's a really nice guy but has some allergies. Ah well, I'll have to get my scent fix vicariously by reading through our lovely forum.

Gail

Gail--I think it is nice of you to be so considerate of your husband's friend while he is visiting. For those of us who love our scents, it is quite a sacrifice.

This afternoon it is Scentsationals Old Fashioned Vanilla. It is hot again today--96 and very humid. :(

Kids started school today and trying to get caught up on everything I let go all summer long! I have a lot of work to do!

Very excited, got an order in today from 10 digit creations. Never ordered from them before but so far, I am loving everything I got. I haven't melted anything, but the cold sniff is fabulous and the packaging and customer service was above and beyond!!!

Melting:

Blue Skies - Nene's Kitchen Melts

Cotton Candy Marshmallow: CFTKR

Juicy Watermelon: countryhome scents

Wildberry Mousse Zuchini Bread: SMT

I got a lot of good melting going today! So happy. [smilie=th_happy]

QUESTION: How do you know if a tart needs to cure. Do you find if it does, that the Vendor always tells you or do you just know that certain ones need to cure? Thanks!

Jennifer

Hi everyone. Melting: Cortland Apple by Kringle Candle Co. Love this one.

Melting: Sparkling Lemon by YC

Burning: Ice Cream Shop, mini from BBW. Have a great evening

Just added Scentsationals Orange Cream Cupcake to the mix to finish out the day. Have a nice night, everyone.

I am enjoying reading everyones choices today. I am not melting anything today, canning tomatoes.

Sweet--they are having a $1 tart/votive sale for the Labor Day weekend

Thanks Trep! That's not far off [smilie=kewl] - I better start plotting.

Very excited, got an order in today from 10 digit creations.

QUESTION: How do you know if a tart needs to cure. Do you find if it does, that the Vendor always tells you or do you just know that certain ones need to cure? Thanks!

Jennifer

Jennifer - I ordered from TDC a few months ago and really like their tarts - good stuff! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

As for knowing when to cure....for me, I find most vendors don't mention if their tarts are good to go or not, so, if in doubt I ask them. If I get 100% soy tarts, I find they get stronger after a while, so I always let those cure.

I am enjoying reading everyones choices today. I am not melting anything today, canning tomatoes.

Anjoymom - That's a hot job! But, there's nothing like being able to cook with home canned tomatoes long after the summers crops have ended. Yummm! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

I'm melting YC's Kitchen Spice. Luv this scent! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

A storm is blowing in...this weather is crazy. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Gail~ It is very kind of you to halt the scents for the day...even though I am a scent junkie, I am allergic to some scents and once those sneezes start there is no stopping them until the fragrance fades!

Jennifer~ I agree with Sweet...usually they don't tell you and soy pretty much always needs curing while paraffin usually is good to go. However, the blends ALWAYS do better for me if I let them cure...so I usually let everything cure for at least a week and sometimes up to a month to get the best throw.

Need a change:

One of my all time favorite discontinued scents...

LOL's Apple Pumpkin Fritter... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Upstairs:

Scentsy's My Dear Watson...EXCELLENT!

Thank you sweet&spiceygrl and MaggieMae. I couldn't wait and I popped in two Apple Jack & Peels in the downstairs warmers from TDC. All I can say is

[smilie=th_fabulous1]

[smilie=th_fabulous1]

[smilie=th_fabulous1] !!!!!!!!!!!

If the rest of the scents are as amazing and have the throw of this one, well, I have found myself a new favorite vendor! This scent is just the perfect apple goodness fall scent. I could not be happier!

Night all!

Jennifer

I've had an unpleasant package day so I am melting some LSC Tres Leches Cake as a nice pick me up in the living room :)

I have Scentsy Fried ice cream in the kitchen and Crosscreek Strawberry zucchini bread in the bedroom.

It's strong and yummy everywhere here! yay!

To help cheer me up some more I have a big Victoria Designer Creation order in transit AND I launched a big custom LSC order tonight. Did I mention the big R order placed week?

I am so hopeless!

To help cheer me up some more I have a big Victoria Designer Creation order in transit

:confettistars: YEA!!!! SO do I....I am stalking the mailman every day!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!