The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

I guess I am feeling very summery today. It makes sense since it's supposed to be 105 degrees here today. Ugh!

Living room: Cotton Candy

Kitchen: Strawberry Lemonade

Bathroom: Sno Cone

- Winter Garden (CFTKR) - smells a bit too much like cleaner for me so am going to change it to Prelude (Alternative Breeding) which I know I love :) ... and it will go better with the nice one that I have burning in the next room: Fluffer Nutter (CBV).

(Prelude = coconut, amber, musk, myrrh, & teakwood)

th_sHellobar.gif

I am melting Peanut Butter Cookies from Crosscreek :) I've melted this before and DH liked it. This time, he is telling me it smells bad th_fear8.gif He is so weird with scents. The other day he told me my tart smelled like Cracker Barrel and the wood fireplace specifically. I believe I was melting Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie th_roll.gif The only scents he consistently will like are lemon scents. Oh well lol.

Good Afternoon. :)

Trep~ That is so frightening!! :( I am so glad everything turned out ok.

Shortygal~ It's funny...I read a study once that showed that lemon is the one scent that most people can tolerate in perfumes as well!!!

Roserent~ That Prelude sounds really nice!

This morning it's:

Marshmallow Cake from Butterfly Lane

Three Musketeers from LOL...this gem is a giftie out of my swap box. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting CFTKR Apple zucchini @ work, very yummy :)

Shortygal, my BF is the same! One day he will like a particular scent and when I melt it again at a later time he will say he's not a big fan of this one... Very strange!

From my swap box I'm melting the most authentic apple pie scent I've ever smelled- Dutch Apple Pie from Swan Creek. It's the perfect balance of crust, apples and cinnamon.

Poor Shortygal! [smilie=th_fear8] I know the feeling of DH not liking something I am melting, especially if it is something that I "do" like. I refuse to dump perfectly good wax, so I will usually save it for when he is not home.

Nancy ~ How scary! I think I probably would have been up all night after something like that. Good that you were still able to get your rest.

MJP Raspberry Jam Butter Cookies

Scentsy Newborn Nursery & Lemon Coconut Chiffon

CFTKR Raspberry Coconut Cake

Scentsationals Cookie Fix ~ [smilie=th_teks0311] , CF buddy!

Have a good one!

LSC Tuscan Herb here today. This is a nice change of pace from my fruity scents, but still one that isn't too flowery.

Hello :)

I have Fair Day from CBV in my warmer. DH made some tacos for dinner though, so I can't totally smell it. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Btw - what do you do when the siren goes off?

I put tv on to see what the local stations are saying. If it's a 'real' tornado in your area, we're supposed to take cover immediately - go to the basement, or if U don't have one - to the bathroom or hall closet, definitely stay away from windows. Those that live in mobile homes are to get out of those quickly & seek another shelter. Our tv stations are very good at giving us up to date info when there's a warning. U don't have many tornadoes in the PNW, do U? [smilie=th_scratch]

Apparently someone set something on fire but we never could see where it was. Made it a little tense to go back to sleep considering we live smack in the woods and it is tinder dry everywhere.

Trep - I hate when I smell smoke & don't know where it's coming from - so glad it didn't turn into anything 4 U. Was anyone putting off fireworks in your area? :blink:

I'm melting TDC's Vanilla Shake. Putting my head in the air & sniffing, I don't smell anything. <_< You know what's coming :lol: ....went to check it & I hadn't turned the melter on. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Trep, I am with everyone else - I really get nervous when I can smell smoke (or something really hot for that matter!) and can not find it.

Sweet - thanks for the scoop - and nope, no tornadoes out here...we have volcanoes!!! [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight I am melting Secret Garden from Tuscaderos.

Time to change the melters....

Upstairs:

Homemade Tangerine Lavender from a pal...Thanks! :)

Downstairs:

Lemon Biscotti Pie from Dream Tarts....this is definitely "the" same LBP that Butterfly Lane used to sell...the one that she mixed with Zucchini Bread. It is so delicious!! [smilie=th_as] Somehow I bought 2- 5 packs of this one and I am glad I did! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

[smilie=th_goodnight]

We never did figure out where the smoke was coming from. When I went to town yesterday I fully expected to see a burned field or something but apparently it was somewhere else. I never heard any reports although the paper is out today so if there was anything of significance it will be in there. I was just glad we were OK. You could hear fireworks in the area so it was kind of scary. There have been quite a few wildfires this week started by fireworks, careless burning and one guy just struck a rock while mowing and set things on fire--14 acres gone just like that. I can't think why he'd have been mowing anyway as nothing is growing around here.

For this morning it is Orange Cream Cupcake from Scentsationals. Have a good day, everyone.

Neat avatar, Maggie!

Good Morning, Melting YC Apple Cider and Cheryl's Sugar and Spice.

Trep, I'm glad everything was fine in your area. I hate when I wake up to the smell of smoke too. It's pretty dry in our area as well. We noticed that our neighbors did not put up any fireworks this year for fear of fires too. In the past they would be going for hours putting them up.

Have a great day!

Good Morning and Happy Friday! It is going to be obnoxiously hot again today! It is miserable outside and even Ozzy doesn't want to stay out for long. Thank goodness for AC! I already watered the flowers and it is already icky out there.WE1SweatingHL3.gif

I was melting Banana Zucchini from Carol, but after I came in from watering outside I turned the melter off. It was so strong and just didn't agree with my nose. I usually love this scent. :(

Aria - My pup eats the cats food, 2 [smilie=th_pardon] & had to put it somewhere he can't reach it. I wonder if he really likes it or hopes if he eats their food they'll starve ta defs and disappear. :rolleyes:

rotfl2.gif OMG, sweet, that is hilarious! I think my Tiger would love for Ozzy to disappear!eyebrows.gif

Aria ~ Our little Yorkie thinks she is a cat, too. [smilie=th_giggle] I catch her in the utility room where the cat food is and when I am doling out cat treats, she is right there! [smilie=yes]

It's funny, isn't it? I don't think Tiger would even think about eating dog food or treats, but Ozzy has no problem eating cat food!

Well, friends, I am going grocery shopping in just a few minutes...want to get there and home before the hottest part of the day!

Stay cool thlemondrink.gif

Thanks Trep....love yours too! :)

The Lemon Biscotti Pie has been going all night and is still going strong...gonna leave it on since I love it. :wub: Thinking of going back for more if it is possible that the manufacturer stopped making the oil...maybe this is all there is! The horror!

Have a great Friday. :)

I have sweet ones going today:

- What Goes Around Comes Around (CBV) - super good & sweet!

- Mallow Zucchini (Sniff My Tarts) - super good & not tooo sweet!

- Frosted Vanilla Graham Crackers (TBG) - still getting going so am not sure what it will be like

I'm melting Dad's Cucumbers n Cream from Can-Do. I love it but it's got real competition from the hard boiled eggs. [smilie=th_puke]

Not sure if anyone's interested in this, but dogs usually love cat food because it's higher in protein than most commercial dog food. I guess cats aren't crazy about dog food because of that too. [smilie=th_pardon]

Have a wonderful weekend, friends! [smilie=yes]

Gail