The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

What's Heating Up in June?

Tonight I am melting Kai from Somethin Special

I haven't read about this vendor here...if you have time, would you please report on the throw and how you like the scent? The wax is pricey but they have at least one scent I want to try and can't find anywhere else. tia :)

th_316785e4.gifGood morning

I am melting Peach White Cake from CFTKR. Trying to enjoy my cup of coffee before the little one wakes up. This is the 2nd cup only because a fly decided to take a swim in my first one! th_cha66.gif

Good Saturday Morning koffietheechoco50075.gif

Melting CFTKR Spicy Cup of Joe...it's cinnamon-y

DH and I are going to be zombies today...Ozzy was a little restless last night and was crying in his crate on and off which kept us awake. Little stinker is now sound asleep next to my feet. rollingpin.gif (<---for Maggie...lol)

shortygal, ewwww a fly? [smilie=th_puke] I once had to dump out an entire pot of coffee for a very similar reason...I think it was an earwig. Gross, I know...sorry.

Taking DS#1 shopping this afternoon for swimwear, shorts and shoes. He has had a little growth spurt lately and things that fit him a month ago are no longer fitting!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday and stays cool! icecubesmiley.gif

Shortyal - Eeuuuwe :wacko: ...I'm glad U saw the fly doing the backstroke before you took a sip! [smilie=th_foolish1]

I'm melting Scentsy's Fried Ice Cream from a sweet pal. [smilie=th_wave] Mmmm..mmmm good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I started to melt this yesterday, but it was beastly hot in here (87 - even w/the fans going), so I shut the melter down. [smilie=th_cha40] Had a storm go thru last nite and thank goodness it cooled it down enuf to try again. [smilie=th_c61]

Everyone be careful in this hot/stormy weather! [smilie=th_dd5]

edited for correct scent name ;)

DH and I are going to be zombies today...Ozzy was a little restless last night and was crying in his crate on and off which kept us awake. Little stinker is now sound asleep next to my feet. rollingpin.gif (<---for Maggie...lol

Oh my goodness Aria... :D ...thanks for the laugh!!!!!

Now tell me...who named an earwig? Ear + wig = something I don't think ya need. Which reminds me of a story....my father is hard of hearing from being on an aircraft carrier in the Navy and he and my mom were taking care of my 3 year old neice for the day. It had been a while since he had been to the barber. He leaned over to buckle her into her car seat and she said..."I know why you cant hear PopPop...you have spiders in your ears!" Yes, he is a brunette and he had some "earwigs".....LOL

Shortygal....sorry about the fly...Yikes!

Sweet....take it easy today....try to stay cool. Glad you got some rain...hope it helps.

Melting

TBG Frangelico Strusel

Have a good one. :)

rotfl2.gif Maggie, that is hilarious! rotfl2.gif Earwigs! Actually, earwigs are amongst my most hated insects...they are so yucky! They can appear out of nowhere in the most unusual spots and scare the living daylights out of you!thpanic.gif Loved your story though! Thanks for sharing happy115.gif

- Frosted Winterberries (CHS) - I like it - it's not cloying like some almond scents

- Voo Doo Love (LSC) - :) - this is the second day with this one :)

- Fruity Pebbles Type (Sniff My Tarts) - the scent is okay but the throw is not strong, even with two tarts going :(

Now tell me...who named an earwig? Ear + wig = something I don't think ya need. Which reminds me of a story....my father is hard of hearing from being on an aircraft carrier in the Navy and he and my mom were taking care of my 3 year old neice for the day. It had been a while since he had been to the barber. He leaned over to buckle her into her car seat and she said..."I know why you cant hear PopPop...you have spiders in your ears!" Yes, he is a brunette and he had some "earwigs".....LOL

OMG! I am SLOW today. I read this earlier and was like...:huh: ...I didn't get it. Came back to post my scents for the day and now... [smilie=th_coffeespew] Too funny!!

Aria ~ That warmer bowl that popped and seeped wax is from Candlewarmers. I don't see replacement bowls on their site. Boo

Melts for the day:

CFTKR Coconut Maple Buttercream in the kitchen

Homemade Zucchini Brulee in the great room

DT Tropical Buttercream Cake in the meditation room ~ Thanks, CF pal! [smilie=th_catkiss]

MJP Sugar Corn Pudding in the bedroom ~ where DH found a Jodi Foster movie to watch :) (Happy to have him home!)

Homemade Apple Butter Pound Cake in the bathroom

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

I just read the posts from the last few days. i had a lot to catch up on.

The cousin reunion here was wonderful! I think everyone had a great time.

We had a terrible thunder and lightening storm here last night. The house was even shaking. It kept me awake until 3:30am. Scary. I thought we were going to have to evacuate because NJ state police kept texting the phone with weather warnings.

Lots of scents going today while I am finally relaxing. Even though my get together was loads of fun it was also lots of work. The last guest left this morning.

Scents for today-

Melts-CFTKR Fresh Floral Honeydew

Slatkin's Aloha Vanilla

Candles-

YC Christmas at the Beach

YC Pineapple Cilantro

YC Sun and Sand

YC Beach Flowers

YC Meadow Showers

Votives in YC Beach Wood

Hi all,

I'm melting Can-Do's Peppermint Twist today. Sure wish BBW still had the shower gel and body cream, but thank goodness for Can-Do having it in wax! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Gail

This afternoon it is Scentsationals Cupcake and an Island Pineapple Colonial candle that my friends gave me at lunch. They were treating me to lunch anyway and then they gave me this great candle. It smells wonderful-one of the best pineapple scents I have ever had. So it has been a lovely day for me.

I am loving coffee scents lately too....especially in the morning or afternoon. I had a blend from an un-named vendor and it was coffee and zucchini bread....FAB!!!

Aria - I *hinted* ;) to CFTKR about the coffee/ZB combo & she replied that she's already working on one. :thyay:

MaggieMae - Ear spiders [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] ...leave it to kids, huh?

Michele - Those were very damaging storms that went thru :o - glad you're ok! We were fortunate and they went south of us.

Trep - Friends, lunch & candles - that does sound like a great day! [smilie=snoopy]

Honeybear - Glad your DH is home and hope it's for awhile! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Did he enjoy the cooler temps in Oregon?

I'm melting BL's Lemonade Bread from a CF friend [smilie=The_Hi] and it's excellent! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Going on my 'fall order' list for sure! [smilie=yes]

Changed my melters earlier this afternoon so now I have:

- Wild Island Fruit (BH&G) [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

- Fairy Dust & Twinkle Toes (Candle Dippers) [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

There is no description of the Wild Island Fruit but the label looks like dragon fruit, pineapple, and kiwi. What a great scent!! Super good throw, too.

Maggie - I cleaned a bunch of earwigs out of the hummer feeder this morning. No idea how they climbed that tiny pole to get in there! :shock:

Rose - my Somethin Special tarts are over a year old and they are strong enough to scent the master bedroom with lots of scent. I forget how much I like that scent (Kai)- it was a gardenia type of blend - but not a heavy sweet one.

Trep - I am always impressed that you get right on lighting up new candles. I guess the hoarder in me makes me hang on to them for weeks before I can finally start burning! ^_^

Today is Dream Tarts - Essenza Calm (a lavender blend)

...and just added another: Scentsationals: Crisp Linen

th_sHellobar.gif

Melting CHS Frosted Sugar Cookies th_slider_flirt.gif This reminds me of those frosted soft Lofthouse cookies you buy at the store.

Aria - Earwigs are gross. I think they are either the same or really similar to silverfish, which I see almost daily th_insane.gif

Maggie - th_LA839B1117.gif That story is too funny. Kids tell it like it is! lol

OMG..Shortygal....we are seeing the silverfish all over too!! EEWWWW!! We used to call them centipedes with all those legs!!!

Michele~ Very scary with the storms...I am glad you had a great time with your cousins! :)

Trep~ What a wonderful outing for you!!

Sweet~ Soon as Carol has that in...I'm buying!!!

Melting:

DT Wisteria all over...perfect throw...not too strong but lingering. If it was strong I would be getting a headache.

Rose - my Somethin Special tarts are over a year old and they are strong enough to scent the master bedroom with lots of scent. I forget how much I like that scent (Kai)- it was a gardenia type of blend - but not a heavy sweet one.

Thanks! They have a lot of dupes...I'll sign up for the mailing list :). I really want to try the Cannabis Rose!