The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

MAYbe I need more candles...

[smilie=th_pullhair]

hello.gif

I am melting HHS Honey Graham Cracker :) It is so muggy out again today. The house is feeling sticky and gross th_a136.gif

I feel u on the humidity [smilie=th_pullhair].

I have Kim's A Day at the Spa melting. Nice and strong!

I am trying to make my mind up about the new YC "Man" candles...I did not see tarts to sample the scents. All big containers must have a little sample scenty thing. Isn't that the rule? :soapbox:

Hi Everyone--I have been MIA because I am in Iowa moving my dad to assisted living. As you all know he has been having issues with falling and just generally not feeling well. He ended up in the hospital for 8 days--they had misdiagnosed him and the treatment made him ill on top of what was really wrong with him. We have him on the road back to health now and the plan had been for me to move up here for the summer and take care of him. However, an opening at the local assisted living opened up the day after he returned from the hospital so on Tuesday we moved him in. He is very happy there--it is a beautiful place. They cater to his every desire and many of his friends are there and another one is moving there soon so it is turning out OK. It is hard for me to see him leaving his home, but I think he will actually be much happier and healthier there. My DH came up on Sunday as I was exhausted from all of this so he will be here with me until this Sunday when we both return home. Thanks to all of you for missing me. I managed to get on here this morning and read back over some of the posts so thought I'd best check in. Have a great day everyone. Oh yes, I have on BH&G Hawaiian Pineapple Cilantro.

Good Morning CandleFinders!

Yesterday, I had Blueberry Coconut by OMG in my room (nice enough scent, faint throw tho)

and used up the last of Timeless Devotion by ScentSationals in the bathrooms (okay, but not a real fave)

I just let the rest of the melters re-run and in the evening I lit a candle:

Island Sunset Swirl by YC (Pink Sands & Sun & Sand) This one had my name all over it!

:rolleyes:

This morning, I tended the melters:

Twinkle Toes by Can-Do in the kitchen

Pink Flamingo by CFTKR 1/2 a jumbo tart in each of the living room & hall melters

and using up some things from the spring sampler box I NEVER would have bought

Chocolate Romance and Peeps by Long Cane Primitives in 2 bathrooms . . . they are bathrooms I don't use, so I will see if anyone complains and maybe check them out later.

;)

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Good Morning!!

Trep-Sorry about your Dad but glad everything is turning out well. I am happy to hear he likes his new home. It is so sad to grow old. We will all be there some day.

No melters started yet. I will post later.

Trep-Glad to hear from you and to hear your Dad is happy and doing well. It sounds like a lovely place and I hope he continues to enjoy it there. :) It sounds like his social calender will be full!

Same melts as last night...added a candle in Santa Fe Sunset by Wildfire Creations.

Trep prayers your dad continues to do well

Good Morning starting my day off with Marshmallow Butter Cookies from Butterfly Lane Scents. hope you all have a great Thursday.

th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif Good morning!

I am melting Funnel Cake from Aunt Nenas. Funnel cake tarts never seem to smell like actual funnel cake to me. I've tried a few, but can't totally pinpoint what they really smell like to my nose th_confused3.gif It is not terrible though, so I will leave it on for now.

trep - I can only imagine how stressful this has all been. I am glad to hear your dad will be with friends though. I am sure they will all enjoy each others company.

Good Morning...

Melting Zucchini Bread from CFTKR and also SC Roasted Espresso...great combination!

DS#1 is on a field trip today...they are at Cedar Point. He won't be home until around 10pm. I know he is going to have a blast.

Tomorrow, I am going on a field trip with DS#2's class. We're going to the state capital in Lansing. There is a great museum there and we also get a tour of the capital building!

Ugh, our town is having the annual Spring Fling Garage Sale Frenzy for the next three days. There are 7 houses in our neighborhood having garage sales and the traffic is insane. The weather for the next few days is supposed to be gorgeous, so I am sure there will be a steady flow of cars. We live in the country, but you'd never know it...cars everywhere!!!! Lord, help me....

Nancy, so glad you posted...we were worried! Hope everything continues in a postive direction for your dad and your family. Take care.

I wanted to take a bike ride, but I don't think I will with all the cars.

I am home alone today so am trying lots of things in different rooms - yay! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

- Juniper Breeze (Sugar & Spice) - really strong throw and nice scent!

- Frosted Lemon Cookie Snap (CFTKR) - okay throw and smells just like packaged frosted lemon cookies. Fun to try!

- Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Dream Tarts)- I liked this so much a while ago that I re-ordered recently and this most recent tart does not smell good to me. I wonder if the tart formula changed from last year because a lot of my recent Dream Tarts do not smell the same as in the past.

- Sprinkles (Candle Dippers) - fun scent with good throw.

- Satsuma (Candle Dippers) - good throw & pretty good scent!

- Dark Kiss (Candle Dippers) - it's been 3 hours and no throw yet in my 15 watt melter. Will probably change it soon ! :)

Nancy, so glad you checked in with us and that everything is ok. I'm glad your dad will be in a safe place with lots of friends. My grandma was very happy in assisted living and we're in the process now of trying to get my other grandma moved to one. Assisted living facilities are much nicer than nursing homes (in my experience) and still give them a sense of independence. Take care of yourself. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] No melting yet. I'll get something going after I drop DD off at school.

Trep: Sorry to hear about your dad's health problems but glad to hear that he's doing better and that the unexpected living arrangements are working out for the best.

Melting SD Birthday cake @ work today, yum!

trep, thanks for saying hi! It sounds really nice that your dad likes where he is right now. I imagine that must make it easier on everyone.

I'm melting SH Lemon Pound Cake. This was in a clamshell and it smelled plasticky for a bit, but it generally does better in the melter. I just have two cubes left to go from that clam.

I liked this so much a while ago that I re-ordered recently and this most recent tart does not smell good to me. I wonder if the tart formula changed from last year because a lot of my recent Dream Tarts do not smell the same as in the past.

That's what I found with just a couple of my previous favs! I'm thinking it's a particular fragrance oil she used in some blends cause others are just as good as expected. [smilie=th_idontknow] My most recent order smells great and I'm hoping it will melt just as good! :)

Good afternoon everyone. Today I'm melting: Cinnamon from Kringle

Wild Iris from Colonial.

Burning: Romance, votive ?

Wisteria votive from Pilgrim

Trep you are my thoughts

That's what I found with just a couple of my previous favs! I'm thinking it's a particular fragrance oil she used in some blends cause others are just as good as expected. [smilie=th_idontknow] My most recent order smells great and I'm hoping it will melt just as good! :)

That's interesting...I hope we both have good luck with these new tarts! I made a huge order because she was closing and I thought the only good places for tarts were Dream Tarts and Universal Voodoo. Since I discovered Candle Find, I now know better [smilie=th_1_bigone110] !!

I changed out most of my melters this afternoon so am finishing up today with:

- Nana's Toasted Banana Marshmallow (Pics, Petals, & Scents) - Started with good throw and a great scent but, sadly, didn't last long.

- Brown Sugar & Fig from Front Porch - I did not like this at all...I changed it to Brown Sugar & Fig from Tara's...Tara's is different & better but, really, I just don't like this scent.

- Sugar Cookie Latte (CFTKR) - I thought I would hate this but I liked it!

- Sweet Zucchini Waffle Cone (Sugar & Spice) - decent throw...good enough for a large room. This is a lightly sweet scent and very good! I thought it would be way sweeter and heavier.

- Blackberry Zucchini Bread (Sugar & Spice) - This is an odd combo but nice - not heavy at all.

- Chocolate Peppermint Truffle (BH&G) - good one!

Juniper Breeze is the only melt from this morning that is still going - definitely a re-order :).

I am starting to like bakery tarts!

Rose and Maggie - I just got my last order before DT closed - most smell great, but there is still that one scent, the one that is usually a "cream" like banana vanilla cream, that has the oddest scent. It is there when they first start melting, and it burns away after awhile. I love her aromatherapy scents.

Today was Tuscadero's - Alien, and Starring Fragrances - Secret Agent

[smilie=th_hello]

Relaxing this evening with some yummy scents...

LSC Amaretto Buttercream Cookie

Homemade Fruit Loop Birthday Cake

Homemade Tulip

LSC Clementine Daisy

Homemade Twilight Woods BBW Type

Ended up at the dentist today for one of those lovely root canals. [smilie=th_sign0164] , at least I don't have to make dinner tonight.

Have a good night! [smilie=yes]

Burning Seaside Escape from Slatkin's

Melting Raspberry Coconut, Baked ZB, Raspberry Bread from a mystery vendor

Have a great night

[smilie=th_wave] Just got back from DD#2 violin concert..sounded great! When I walked in, the lovely scent of this morning was still going strong! So, I'm not gonna change TBG Frosted Mango Tangerine out tonight.

Rose and Maggie - I just got my last order before DT closed - most smell great, but there is still that one scent, the one that is usually a "cream" like banana vanilla cream, that has the oddest scent. It is there when they first start melting, and it burns away after awhile.

I am glad to hear that, Debra! [smilie=th_blij81]

Honeybear~ Hope you are ok and feeling even better tomorrow! [smilie=th_balloons]

[smilie=th_goodnight]