The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Greetings from a new member, but long time wax fan!

Hi everyone!

I've been around the interwebz for quite a while now, reading reviews about candles and tarts (and lots of other goodies). I'm so happy to have finally joined here where I hope to get to meet lots of other folks with similar interests!

I love candles, tarts, and home fragrance oils. I prefer not to use paraffin, but who knows...? I love spicy, earthy, sensual scents, but tend not to like foody ones, except Midway by BPAL, for instance, if anyone's familiar with that. So, thanks for all the great reviews I've read so far! You've helped me save (and spend!) money!

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

So far, I've found that I LOVE Alternative Breeding, which is now Universal Voodoo.

[smilie=th_LA839B1117] (I may have also just made my first order from Two Timing Tart.)

I look forward to getting to know all of you!!

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

[smilie=th_hello] Eml!!

Glad you decided to join us, this place is the best!!

I'm not a foody lover either (unless you count fruits, those I like, I just hate bakery)

What does Midway smell like (I was gonna look it up but have no idea who BPAL is! lol)

Anyway,

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1]

Thanks to EVERYONE for the warm welcome! I truly appreciate it!!

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

[smilie=th_hello] Eml!!

Glad you decided to join us, this place is the best!!

I'm not a foody lover either (unless you count fruits, those I like, I just hate bakery)

What does Midway smell like (I was gonna look it up but have no idea who BPAL is! lol)

Anyway,

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1]

Hi there, Nautilique! BPAL is Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, which is my biggest addiction/obsession. They make perfume oils, and as far as I'm concerned, they're the best out there! (I have no affiliation other than that a lot of my $$ go there!)

click here for BPAL

Midway was a limited edition, foodie scent, which by all accounts I should have hated. However, I love it! The notes are:

A bombardment of edible carnival indulgences. Funnel cake, caramel apple, cotton candy, salt water taffy and sugar tart.

Hello! I am new, too...I'm having a great time here reading about all the new vendors & scents I never knew about (thanks, CFers :)).

Universal Voodoo is one of my favorites, too. And I always think I will not like "foody" or bakery but I am often surprised by scents in those categories that I end up liking. Also, I have a huge stash of BPAL from quite a few years ago that I don't wear as perfume any more so I'm now burning a lot up in my tart warmers. Some work great (Dragon's Eye and Dragon's Milk) but more seem to not work, unfortunately. It's an expensive experiment but at least I am using up the stuff.

Have fun here!