The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Scents Come Marching In

Good morning! I'm enjoying Cinnamon Spice from Can-Do. Always fun to read what everybody's up to. What a bunch of busy gals! I'll be heading out in a bit to take Bruce, my DD's Bulldog, down the hill to the eye vet for a post-op check up on his eye ulcer surgery. Fingers crossed for a good report for him!

Have a great day, everyone, and happy smellies!

Gail

Okay, now what the heck is a Camel Cricket?! [smilie=th_u53] Ick! Wonder if that's what those ugly, crazy-looking, albino bugs are that zip around in warmer weather here in the beautiful Land of Enchantment. Man, those suckers are fast!!! :shock: They look like a cross between a scorpion and a spider or cricket, but the girls call them "squiders". They are totally disgusting and never fail to give me the heebie-jeebies. [smilie=th_200912104451]

I'm almost afraid to Google them. [smilie=th_fear8]

Ran around like a mad woman all day yesterday [smilie=th_pullhair] , so planning a nice relaxing day at home today. Starting off with Wahm's Soft Blankets and Frosted Prairie Kitchen, Honey Gingerbread Cookies from a friend, and a couple of mine in Mountain Springs and Strawberry Musk.

My mail lady will be bringing me a nice box of Haley's loaves and pies this afternoon. Yippee!!! [smilie=th_c61] Gonna get a pic posted in the p0rn section right away so you all can see. [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

I didn't know what a camel cricket was, either, 'til I looked it up. [smilie=th_cha66] Yuck. Gross. Gag. Hope I never see a real one. Luckily, we don't get many bugs here in the desert. I guess it's just too hot and dry for 'em.

Terribly cold and windy here today, but I'll be inside cleaning. After my day yesterday, staying home and cleaning actually sounds quite appealing. lol Melting a freebie from Can-Do, Amish Apples. Have a good one, everyone!

I didn't know what a camel cricket was, either, 'til I looked it up. [smilie=th_cha66] Yuck. Gross. Gag. Hope I never see a real one. Luckily, we don't get many bugs here in the desert. I guess it's just too hot and dry for 'em.

Mpfand, we live in the desert, too! I'm in New Mexico. [smilie=th_giggle] Guess you are just lucky if you don't have those ugly bugs in Nevada. I am off to look them up now to make sure WE even have camel crickets.

Edited to say...nope, those aren't squiders. Those are actually much better looking than what we have. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Mpfand, we live in the desert, too! I'm in New Mexico. [smilie=th_giggle] Guess you are just lucky if you don't have those ugly bugs in Nevada. I am off to look them up now to make sure WE even have camel crickets.

Lucky is right! I don't like anything that's creepy and crawly. We do get regular crickets in the fall and every now and then I see a little spider, but, for the most part, we're bug free. The worst, for me, are roaches. Those we do get from time to time and I freak out everytime I see one. :o

Hi everyone...back from the docs and I have a clean bill of health! So glad that is over with.

Still have YOCC Cider Donut melting

Thanks Maggie and everyone else for all the bug talk! thpanic.gif

I have been stalking the Kringle Candle website...plotting...it won't be long before I cave. I love all the choices of candles they offer...from jars to pillars to huge tealight type ones...they even have melts now too.

Like I said it won't be long before I cave. [smilie=th_cha40]

Laurie, I used to love Grazia! Her tarts were fantastic...loved the little sprinkle of glitter she used to add to the top.

Okay, gals...talk later!

Gail, I hope Bruce is recovering well! That's such a cute name for a dog. [smilie=th_blij47-1]

Aria, glad you're good and healthy!

I'm SO TOTALLY with you all in the bug hate. I hate bugs more than pretty much anything else. Not too long ago I remarked that we hadn't seen one in our apartment in a while, and wouldn't you know it, that night I saw a big, fast, beetle-y thing in the bathroom and SHRIEKED. Luckily DH is my hero and kills all my bugs for me without complaint, even in the middle of the night!! What a wonderful man he is.

Today I'm melting CCCC Caribbean. This smells like coconut and pineapple. Yum. More importantly, this is the LAST TART from my "emergency - old age" box that I've been working on for the past month. So unless I've missed any renegade outliers, this means that all the tarts from 2008 AND all the tarts of unknown age (due to swapping) have been melted. I've been working on the 2009 ones out of order off and on, but now I can go full steam with those. Onward!

You guys are lucky that you don't get Camel Crickets...they like dark and moist places...no desert for them! They are harmless but they JUMP and they are so stinkin' ugly. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] Honeybear, do you know the name of your creepy bugs? I'm so curious...if it's uglier than mine, that's saying something!!! [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Gail~ Hope Bruce is doing better! :)

Put Ocean Mist from Shady Mountain upstairs.

:)

Today were using up our stash again. Tax refund hit yesterday morning and I placed two orders already. At first I hated the thought and resented the fact that I had to use my stash up and not buy any wax.I always wondered when I first started here and saw others talking about using up their stashes. I always thought,how does one become like that? that they have just too many tarts lying around? Now I know,and well,I don't want to look like a wax hoarder and end up on some show.So far we've emptied about 3 1/2 drawers on a rolling cart that were packed full.

Well,thats me and I've been plowing thru them,and what a freeling feeling that is.

Today were using up:

Wahms-cherry something,there was no label on the cookie tarts.

fruit loop noel

YC-burnning in one room sun and sand,beach walk and a coconut vanilla votive from B&bw.

This afternoon it is BH&G Warm Vanilla Cream.

We have a lot of camel crickets here--I sometimes find them dead in the oven where they have jumped in and killed themselves. They are so creepy looking but I don't think they harm anything. Still don't want them around me.

Wow...before that "dead in the oven" comment, I was going to make a joke about programming Candlefind to say "kittens" in place of "crickets," "cute" in place of "creepy," etc. Wouldn't that make this thread so much nicer to read?

Example:

Okay, now what the heck is a Tabby Kitten?! [smilie=th_catkiss] Aww! Wonder if that's what those furry, lovable-looking striped kitties that zip around in warmer weather here in the beautiful Land of Enchantment. Man, those cuties are fast!!! [smilie=th_LOVE] They look like a cross between a koala and a baby panda, but the girls call them purring snuggle friends. They are totally adorable and never fail to give me the warm fuzzies. [smilie=cloud_9]

Hi all!

I am sorry I brought up my bug encounter this morning - nothing like getting the creeps from bug stories th_smilies-1.gif I am glad I am not alone, though! DH isn't as bothered by bugs, so he always thinks I am silly or dramatic when it comes to bugs th_hmph.gif I'm melting OLC Baked Apple Bread.

trep - They jump in the oven?! They must have caught a glimpse in a mirror! th_yellow5.gif

You guys are lucky that you don't get Camel Crickets...they like dark and moist places...no desert for them! They are harmless but they JUMP and they are so stinkin' ugly. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] Honeybear, do you know the name of your creepy bugs? I'm so curious...if it's uglier than mine, that's saying something!!! [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

I was trying to look it up, but wasn't having any luck. All I did was succeed in getting a queasy feeling in my stomach from looking at so many bugs. [smilie=th_puke]

My girls got home from school a bit ago and I asked them. They said the bugs are Sun Spiders. [smilie=th_confused3] Dunno...I looked at those and didn't think they looked like them, but I will defer to them. The girls' space is part of our walk-out basement, so they see more of them than I do. Poor things. These critters like to come out at night when my DH and I are sleeping. We've got a couple of night-owl teenagers in the summer who end up having to kill them on their own. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] We do get the house sprayed throughout the summer months, but we still get a few. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Putting on a couple of new tarts for the afternoon:

Shayz Cappuccino Mocha

Candledippers White Musk

Mason Jar Primitives Bread Pudding (really love the cold throw on this)

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

They jump in the oven?! They must have caught a glimpse in a mirror! th_yellow5.gif

[smilie=th_jaja]

Edit for Honeybear... [smilie=th_OMG] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just read your post and googled them....There is NO EMOTICON to put up that would be accurate for how those things make me feel!!!! [smilie=th_cc1] And I feel so bad that you have to live with them!!! [smilie=help] You WIN the creepiest bug award!

We get Camel Crickets in the basement...EWWW! Have you ever seen them? [smilie=th_puke] CREEPY!!!

MaggieMae - Ok, curiosity got the better of me and had to look em up. Awww....geeze....those are UGLY! :wacko: It would be nice if U could train Daisy to catch them for U and take them outside. [smilie=yes] The research team at google is probably wondering why so many are searching on camel crickets today. :lol:

I'll be heading out in a bit to take Bruce, my DD's Bulldog, down the hill to the eye vet for a post-op check up on his eye ulcer surgery. Fingers crossed for a good report for him!

Hi Puppy! [smilie=th_wave] How weird - a gal at work just had her pup in for the same thing. Hope Bruce's report is A-ok! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

So unless I've missed any renegade outliers, this means that all the tarts from 2008 AND all the tarts of unknown age (due to swapping) have been melted.

So far we've emptied about 3 1/2 drawers on a rolling cart that were packed full.

Christy & Ilove - that's fantastic! [smilie=th_cc15] You both can be our role models.

I'm melting McCalls Laura's Lemon Loaf. Total lemon deliciousness! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Count me in as being bug phobic. [smilie=th_cha66] Occasionally I'll get one of those huge, million-legged furry/fuzzy centipedes racing up the wall. Eeeeek! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc I swear, if I owned a gun, I'd rather just shoot the thing than come anywhere near it.

Wow...before that "dead in the oven" comment, I was going to make a joke about programming Candlefind to say "kittens" in place of "crickets," "cute" in place of "creepy," etc. Wouldn't that make this thread so much nicer to read?

Example:

Yep! Sure does, cmarie! [smilie=th_catkiss]

And Maggie...multiply that feeling by 1000. They are far more disgusting in person! [smilie=eek]

Christy, Maggie and Sweet, [smilie=th_teks0311] for the well wishes for Brucie. So kind of you! I just got home. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] Our boy is all healed up from surgery but does have a minor infection in that eye. A change in antibiotics should do the trick.

You guys are so funny about the bugs! I'm not a big fan of the creepy crawlies either but I'd take 'em any day over what showed up in my DD's kitchen several years ago. It was a Mojave Rattlesnake, widely regarded as one of the most (if not the most) poisonous snakes in North America. :angry: Yikes, what a day that was! DD's photo was even on the front page of the local newspaper.

I'm still enjoying Can-Do's Cinnamon Spice. It's such a lovely sweet little tart, nothing too sharp or pungent, yet plenty strong. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Have a delightful evening, friends!

Gail

You guys are so funny about the bugs! I'm not a big fan of the creepy crawlies either but I'd take 'em any day over what showed up in my DD's kitchen several years ago. It was a Mojave Rattlesnake, widely regarded as one of the most (if not the most) poisonous snakes in North America. :angry: Yikes, what a day that was! DD's photo was even on the front page of the local newspaper.

fainting.gif

hehe!

Tonite I am enjoying Snuggle Wild Orchid Vanilla from a Beary generous CF friend/

Thank you!

I

[smilie=th_00000020]

it!

:toppoints:

Boy, that musta been scary Gail!!! Around here the only snakes we get are Garter snakes which I will pick up with a stick to move...however, a Mojave Rattlesnake would make me [smilie=th_shout].

Sweet~ Actually, Daisy does chase them around the basement, but one time she caught one in her mouth and then kept spitting it out and catching it over and over...I felt bad for the disgusting bug. [smilie=th_sad-1] So I had to pick it up and dump it in the toilet. [smilie=th_pardon]

Last melts of the evening:

Maple Brown Sugar from Mason Jar Primitives

Cinnamon Cookie Dough from Backroad Hobbies...AWESOME!

Caramelized Zucchini Bread from Backroad Hobbies

~ Noticing that BH tarts seem to get better and better as they sit...these are 8 months old and are throwing great and have only just started to melt. :)

Tonight i am melting Purple marshmallows from Butterfly lane scents and orange danish from sniff my tarts

For this evening I have two candles burning...both lovely

Crisp Apple - Village Candle

Conversation & Sweets - Beanpod

cmarie, LOVE your version of the bug story!!! Kittens is the way to go for sure!

Have a good night everyone mrsandman.gif

We have bugs - but mainly slugs. Lots and lots of slugs - that fortunately do not get in the house unless they ride in on the dog's fur!

Laurie - I still have a few Aroma Soys tucked away, also.

The mail lady brought one of my "smelly packages" to the door today...and DH was the only one home. Rats. Not only busted, they had a good chat about all her deliveries to our house. :o At least she told him they make her van smell good.

Kountry Light - Orange Peel and Pine

Debra, sorry about your bad luck with the mail!

Laurie, your wild orchid vanilla scent sounds really good. I don't think I caught the vendor's name...did you know where it was from? Maybe I just missed it.

Stella, if I ever order from Butterfly Lane, I'll be trying Purple Marshmallows for sure! Strangely enough, I have not tried many grape scents.

I'm melting LOL Pink Sugar Buttercream. This is a nice one.

Now that my emergency tart box is empty, I'm working on the next batch: April/May 2009. This stash is already nicely whittled down, except it includes what was originally a 12-pack of one scent. I still have about half of them left, and since I like variety, I will be slow to use them up. (Plus my much newer TBG clams need to be used up by July.) I am very liberal about choosing scents "out of order" pretty often, it's just nice to know which group is officially the oldest, so I can keep them in mind. Some of them must be feeling neglected by now!

Laurie, your wild orchid vanilla scent sounds really good. I don't think I caught the vendor's name...did you know where it was from? Maybe I just missed it.

GoodMorningFriends.jpg

My Snuggle Wild Orchid Vanilla was a RAOW from a FB friend who makes her own tarts just for fun (and gifting) - that's my kinda fun! So they are "nameless" but IMHO they are professional quality, she's quite the tartiste'

[smilie=th_allah]

I forgot to turn off my melters last night, so I missed hours of enjoyment, and since they were in the living room, I didn't even get to have Wild Orchid dreams! lol

[smilie=th_fear8]

Changed out lots of warmers this morning:

Downy Fresh by Tara's Candle Cottage in living room and hallway

Clothesline Fresh by BuggyTown in the kitchen

Fresh Rain Snuggle by Missy's Tempting Tarts in DS room

Fresh Linen by my Tartiste' Friend in my bedroom and bathroom

(do you smell a laundry theme going on here?)

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Actually, I did my laundry yesterday and today I plan to work in the garden and get my coupons ready for grocery shopping tomorrow.

Last, but not least, I put Ed Hardy by Tara's in the other 2 bathrooms.

TEXTFX014.gif