The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Hi from Pennsylvania!

Hi everyone! I've been browsing these forums (and the bath and body ones) for a while and finally decided to sign up. I'm relatively new to the world of tarts but have loved candles in general for years. It seems like I've had scented candles of some sort since I was in my teens. My husband has almost no sense of smell, so I don't usually have to worry about him not liking a scent. I myself have become more sensitive to smoke over the years, so that's why I now prefer tarts and/or jar candle warmers. I'm also into handmade bath and body products.

I'm definitely a fan of foodie/bakery/fruit scents in both tarts and b&b products. Anything that's too "perfumy" is out - gives me a headache. I haven't yet ordered tarts from many etailers, but I do love the tarts from CFTKR. B&B products are another story - I've ordered a bunch from many different sellers. Looking forward to placing some tart orders from other etailers (and more from CFTKR) soon...and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Jules: Thank you - it's the name of our homestead. We chose it because there's very little light pollution; the first time we spent the night there, we were stunned by the number of stars we could see! (We're astronomy nerds, among other hobbies.)

I'm originally from northeastern PA - how about you? I'm a foodie/bakery/fruity fan too....bakery scents the most

Southcentral PA here...and I prefer bakery scents for tarts, too!

[smilie=th_smilies_welcome] Starview!!

I love your avatar, it makes me hear "space . . . the final frontier . . ."

LOL

This is a great place to meet fellow wax-lovers and for mutual enabling.

Glad you joined us!!

I love your avatar, it makes me hear "space . . . the final frontier . . ."

LOL

Thanks, Laurie - the avatar is a crop of the Hubble Deep Field. It's the background on my phone and laptop as well. HDF absolutely fascinates me. Nerdy, I know. :confettistars:

Bonus points for Trek reference...hehe.

Welcome Starview. [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol I've only been here a few days myself ( signed up that is, been a lurker for awhile ) you cant ask for a more friendly, helpful bunch. Just be forewarned...they love to brag about all the great scents/tarts/melts they've bought. [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek] Just kidding ladies! [smilie=th_gekkebek] Your place sounds amazing! breelee

Thanks! We're not living at our homestead full-time yet; we didn't realize when we bought it that the house would need to be gutted and rebuilt. (It's completely gutted now...hoping to start rebuilding this year.) We live in a small town about 30 minutes away and visit the homestead on weekends. When the weather is warm enough, we spend weekends in a travel trailer on the land. Someday...

sweet&spiceygrl: Is that a Bichon or Bichon mix (or Poodle mix) in your avatar? We have a sweet Bichon that we adopted from a rescue group, and she looks similar. We don't know the background of our dog, but we think she may actually be a Bichon/Poodle mix.

Going through CFTKR's scent list again...time to put an order together!

sweet&spiceygrl: Is that a Bichon or Bichon mix (or Poodle mix) in your avatar? We have a sweet Bichon that we adopted from a rescue group, and she looks similar. We don't know the background of our dog, but we think she may actually be a Bichon/Poodle mix.

Starview - yep, that's my pup. :wub: That pic is deceiving, tho. He's not standing, he's lying down and the rest of him is out of view. He's a med size, 40 lb dog. He's a heinz variety, but think he's got some Cocker Spaniel in him. When he was a pup, before I took him to be groomed for the 1st time, he had wild & wooly hair and looked a lot like an English Sheepdog. Your pup sounds adorable - sure would like to see a pic! [smilie=yes]

Starview - yep, that's my pup. :wub: That pic is deceiving, tho. He's not standing, he's lying down and the rest of him is out of view. He's a med size, 40 lb dog. He's a heinz variety, but think he's got some Cocker Spaniel in him. When he was a pup, before I took him to be groomed for the 1st time, he had wild & wooly hair and looked a lot like an English Sheepdog. Your pup sounds adorable - sure would like to see a pic! [smilie=yes]

He's definitely cute! Bichons look very woolly when their hair grows out (if it's not brushed into the "powder puff" look), so it's possible that's in the heinz mix. Our Bichon is two years old, has longer legs than breed standard, and is around 22 lbs, but still looks skinny when her hair is cut. (We keep it in a pet cut, as we don't like the whole powder puff thing.) That's why we think she has some Poodle mixed in - miniature poodles (the size between a toy and a standard) are taller than Bichons but can look almost identical otherwise. I've thought about doing one of those doggie DNA tests on her but want to check reviews/accuracy first.

Here are some pics. The first one is from a few weeks after we brought her home in 2010. The second pic is from this past fall, shortly before a haircut. (We don't like letting her hair get much longer than it is in the 2nd pic.)

pennyfloor.jpg

penny102511_2.jpg

[smilie=th_00000020]

Bichons look very woolly when their hair grows out (if it's not brushed into the "powder puff" look), so it's possible that's in the heinz mix.

Oh my gosh....she's adorable! :wub: And she looks like a smiler - mine is, too! U may be onto something about mine having some Bichon in the mix. His tail curls up a little like your pups does, but it's very 'luxurious' - full and long hair. It's hard to believe that your sweetie would end up being a rescue. Who would NOT want such a precious pup??!! :o

Oh my gosh....she's adorable! :wub: And she looks like a smiler - mine is, too! U may be onto something about mine having some Bichon in the mix. His tail curls up a little like your pups does, but it's very 'luxurious' - full and long hair. It's hard to believe that your sweetie would end up being a rescue. Who would NOT want such a precious pup??!! :o

Yeah, her tail is usually very full, too. They had to shave her when they first rescued her because she was badly matted, infested with fleas and ear mites, and had hot spots. Plus, she had "teenage" hair in the first pic - still had some of the thinner puppy hair left - so her tail wasn't as fluffy then as it is now. Bichon tails are full and arch up over their backs. (Our previous Bichon often had a "dent" in the hair on his back where the end of his tail rested...hehe!)

We couldn't figure out why someone wouldn't want her either. She's such a sweetheart - very smart, loving, and always eager to please. If anything, she's proof that perfectly wonderful pups can come from reputable rescue groups!