The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Scents So Fine, Please Be Mine

Hi everybody. I'm melting SH Sweet Tooth today. It was the perfect scent for tart cutting. I tried the hot water/knife trick and concluded that my water needs to be even hotter next time.

Today was an encouraging day at my internship. I got to do some work that's crucial to the job I've applied for.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Melting:

Marshamallow Noel from LSC

Autumn Spice Bread from LSC

Burning:

Cinnamon Buns from McCalls

Country Store from McCalls

State Fair from McCalls

I've been enjoying Bonfire Bliss all day, it's quite subtle now, but still there

so

I added my Slatkin candle of Black Pepper Bergamot

it's the perfect combo!

[smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

I am glad you had a good day, Christy!

I have a Nutmeg/Cedar tart from Cheryl's melting. Time to come up with some new blends for her current Rocky Mtn sale! It makes me feel a bit like a mad scientist! ^_^

Adding: another one from Cheryl's Rocky Mtns: Lime/Lemon Mint

trep - and it actually had a pretty good throw! I'm impressed!

I'm starting the day with a 3-wick candle from MVP, called 'Ocean Breeze'. It's a nice light beachy scent, but it's almost gone. I think this might be the last time that I can burn it.

Good morning.

I'm melting the last cubes of Holiday Frost from Spotted Hog.

Slatkin 3 wicks - Pomagranate Lemonade, and Strawberry Patch

Yankee Candle tumblers - Lilac Blossoms, and Shortbread Cookie

smileysnowangel.gif

Good Saturday Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Late last night was

Fall Harvest from LSC

Today:

Zucchini Almond Cake from Shayz

Upstairs:

Nene's Wedding Bouquet from a sweet CF pal...Thanks! :)

Have a good one. :)

Good Morning CandleFriends!

:D

I have been a busy bee this morning, packing away the last of my fall/winter scents into the boxes I made for them and stowing them up in my closet. I left a few out that either won't fit in the boxes, or are good all-around scents, for the heat of summer when I'm longing for cooler weather. We are never happy for long, are we? LOL

^_^

I changed out Bonfire Bliss, it still had a slight smell, so I made a little votive out of it. I decided to fill the house with Christmas Poinsettia that Missy's Tempting Tarts was kind enough to order the oil for me, and don'tcha know - my ex DH comes in and starts cooking breakfast sausage. ACK

[smilie=grrr]

I realize I have a lot more "reorganizing" to do with my tarts, they are in so many scattered boxes, I keep forgetting what all I have. I need to find out how long DH is working today, wouldn't wanna get caught with my boxes down, now would I?

[smilie=th_lmao-1]

Anyone have any plans for the day? I'm going to see The Woman In Black with my DD Mel and her/my friend Amy. I think it's kewl that my college-age daughter and her friend don't mind hanging out with me. We three all go see the scariest movies when they come out.

[smilie=th_jay]

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

smileysnowangel.gif <----- sand angel. icon_lol.gif

[smilie=th_funny] She must be wearing the earmuffs to keep the sand outta her ears, huh? [smilie=th_biqazm1]

I've been burning Morenci's Honey Pear Cider. I'm loving both the candle (smaller size) and the scent! [smilie=th_LOVE] Comparing only by the cold sniff, to me, it's the same scent as Scentsy's. Scentsy's may have a tiny bit more spice to it, not sure. Very clean burn, luv the 2-wicks (which I much prefer), and the scent is traveling from the LR to the DR. Winner! [smilie=th_yay]

Jules, SH Holiday Frost is one of my favorites. So unique, which can be tough to find among holiday scents. The minty coolness blends so beautifully with the evergreen.

Maggie, a wedding bouquet scent sounds like a nice floral! [smilie=th_hema1] I'm not hugely into florals, but Nene's has some lovely ones that also smell pretty authentic to me.

Laurie, you are so brave, watching scary movies! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon The only scary thing I watch these days is The Walking Dead on TV, and even then, it's because I am interested in the characters, not the zombies.

(Sweet, looks like I cross-posted with you. Glad you found a winner!)

I'm burning a couple candles to try to heat up the apartment a bit -- YC Cinnamon & Sugar and CBV Raspberry Guava.

Last night DH and I had a conversation about these vendors who end up closing all the time because they get overwhelmed with too much business. I wonder why they don't just raise their prices. (Not that WE want wax to be more expensive, but it would fix the problem and then people could order whenever they wanted without competing for products on FB threads or waiting forever for a reopening.)

Happy Saturday!

Sweet-Glad you like your Morenci candle. I am thinking of placing an order from there soon.

Melting today Nene's Persimmon spice and McCall's Country Store. These are both gifts from a very generous CF friend and I have to say I am loving them both!! Thank you!!

Happy Saturday!

Sweet-Glad you like your Morenci candle. I am thinking of placing an order from there soon.

Melting today Nene's Persimmon spice and McCall's Country Store. These are both gifts from a very generous CF friend and I have to say I am loving them both!! Thank you!!

Just thought I'd mention - if you're looking at Morenci, check out the "special". They have several of the scents available in the larger size with free shipping if you buy 2 or more. They are reasonably priced compared to YC jar candles, and I can say that 2 of them, Man in a Jar (TOTALLY TDF if you like man's cologney types) and Imaginary Girlfriend (reminds me of how my teen girls leave the bathroom smelling when they're getting ready for school) are 2 of my faves.

I'm waiting for a reply from them if they process thru PayPal because I have some paypal money burning a hole in my 'puter screen.

If my house wasn't smelling so wonderful right now with Missy's Christmas Poinsettia, I'd whip out a Morenci and light it because I LOVE them!!

Which scents are you looking at, Michele?

Wow, Christy, you actually talk to your DH about candles and vendors? I'm jealous! Our only conversation consists of *the lecture*. lol

I'm waiting for a reply from them if they process thru PayPal because I have some paypal money burning a hole in my 'puter screen.

Laurie - yep, they do.... I used Paypal. [smilie=th_teks0311] for letting us know how good U thought their candles are. I agree! [smilie=yes]

Which scents are you looking at, Michele?

Wow, Christy, you actually talk to your DH about candles and vendors? I'm jealous! Our only conversation consists of *the lecture*. lol

Laurie-I was looking at the "specials" of Hears and Flowers and Kiss Me. I also wanted to order Bunnies and Chicks. Actually there are so many on there that I want to try. I am not a big fruit or fresh fan but I am starting to enjoy some fresh scents. The are reasonably priced compared to Yankee. My problem is that I have too many candles already and have no place to store them.. I like that they offer the smaller size which gives you a chance to try quite a few. I laughed at your comment that your DH's conversation about candles is limited to "the lecture". My DH said today that there are candles everywhere. He said I have enough to last for 20 years. He hasn't seen any of my big stashes lol. I am going to try to hold off until March since they might change the specials to some more spring like scents.

Hi buddies,

Reading the forum is always so great! It's a bona fide community of friends, bound together by our love of wax.:thwetkissf:

I'm melting LSC's Bamboo Sugarcane. It's one of my faves, so all's right with the world around here today. I hope you ladies and gents can each say the same. [smilie=th_aa17]

Gail

[smilie=The_Hi] Hi ya Gail! LOVE your signature!!

Christy~ Yep...the Wedding Bouquet is really lovely...it has a bunch of different florals in it and none are harsh or sharp! I mostly smell lilac which is my favorite floral! :)

I feel like I'm not smelling up to my full capacity today...YKWIM? I can smell things but nothing is potent when I know it always has been. Oh well...maybe I'll leave and come back and see if that helps.

[smilie=th_funny] She must be wearing the earmuffs to keep the sand outta her ears, huh? [smilie=th_biqazm1]

th_thlaughter.gifThat's funny, Sweet.

All of this Morenci talk is making me want to try them, bad.

Jules, SH Holiday Frost is one of my favorites. So unique, which can be tough to find among holiday scents. The minty coolness blends so beautifully with the evergreen.

Agreed. I really liked this one too. It's very unique. I wish I had more.

Hi buddies,

Reading the forum is always so great! It's a bona fide community of friends, bound together by our love of wax.:thwetkissf:

Awe. This warmed my heart, Gail. wub.gif