The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

Thanks Laurie! :)

Jedda~ Sorry to hear about your warmer. I think I'd be afraid to plug it in too! :mellow:

Changed the upstairs melter to LSC White Nectarine & Pink Coral...delicious but completely the opposite of the day outside! :tongue:

Now...what to melt downstairs?

Jedda - [smilie=th_sad2hz1] What brand of warmer was it? U can't find it anymore, or do U want to try another brand? If it's your fave & U want to try saving it, I think your idea of melting the wax w/the hair dryer is a good one. Jules' DH is the fire expert, maybe she'll see this and ask him if it's safe to plug it in. Yooohooooo...oh, Jules.....

It wasn't overly fancy, just a Scentsationals, but they don't make the same one anymore. It is cream and tan, with swirls carved into it. Matched the room nicely, and cast such pretty light patterns on the wall.

I asked my firefighter-stepdad what he thought the risk might be, and he said that he wouldn't plug it in. He said that several years ago, they responded to a fire in a garage caused by someone oiling the plug of their new corded drill, to 'prevent rusting'. They plugged it in and it started sparking. The idea freaks me out. Though I like Laurie's idea about plugging it in outside... Maybe with an extension cord?

Jedda--so sorry about your warmer. I know how it is to ruin the one you like the best. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] Why is it that the ones we don't care that much about last forever? Must be a law of nature or something. <_<

This afternoon I am burning my very first pillar candle--Warm Vanilla Creme from BH&G along with Scentsationasl Banana Nut Bread and Yankee Vanilla Cookie.

Howdy, howdy, waxie friends! :D

I'm melting my first Scentsy product, Christmas Cottage, from a generous forum friend. I love it! [smilie=thank_you] for your thoughtfulness, dear girl! It's so fun to give Scentsy a try and this one is perfect on this cold, blustery day. [smilie=th_autumboy]

Gail

Jedda, that's a bummer about your warmer. Scentsy has some really beautiful warmers that fit the description of what you're looking for. They cost a bit more, but they have a life time guarantee and you can get replacement dishes in case you break one. (Yes, I speak from experience. lol)

Melting a combo of Sugar Cookie and Sticky Cinnamon Bun from Scentsy.

trep - How do you like the Scentsationals Banana Nut Bread? I love banana scents, but so many times they smell like fake candy banana to me - which I am not a fan of.

I am also melting Scentsy Sugar Cookie...I think it smells more like a yellow cake, but still so yummy :)

shortygal--that Banana Nut Bread smells exactly like you have one in the oven--at least it does to my nose. It is the best Banana Nut Bread candle scent I have ever had.

I cut one of the new Yankee Citrus Passion Orange votives in half and have it melting now. It is a very nice orange scent.

shortygal--that Banana Nut Bread smells exactly like you have one in the oven--at least it does to my nose. It is the best Banana Nut Bread candle scent I have ever had.

I will have to pick that one up!

Brrr...cold and icy outside so I am stuck in all day and night...Need a cuppa tea and going to take a [smilie=th_51991986]

Melting:

[smilie=th_00000020] Lemon Zucchini Pie from Shady Mountain...I finished off my pie and I shoulda ordered a LOAF! [smilie=th_pullhair] Well, it's something I can look forward to when she reopens!--- Well, I crack myself up about waiting...cause I just sent an email about adding on a loaf..if she can do that... [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

And just finished up 3 candles...

Fireside Marshmallow from Slatkin

2 Aalore Pumpkin Spice candles

Have a good one.

Sorry about your broken melter, Jedda. What a bummer.

I'm melting AMS Sage & Citrus. A few years ago I bought a bag of this and never cared for it. This is the last one left and I'm happy to be using it up. Lately I have been getting a lot of fulfillment from using up my stash, not that I'm anywhere CLOSE to running out. It's just nice to throw away or recycle some empty tart containers once in a while. Reduces the clutter around the melter too. (I tend to keep an unofficial "queue" of tarts that are on deck to go next. Anybody else do that?)

My yarn wreaths are coming along nicely. One of them is a combination of regular yarn and novelty yarn. I am delighted with how it's turned out so far, but finishing touches still need to happen. Then I'll post p0rn.

It is the best Banana Nut Bread candle scent I have ever had.

Trep - a great BNB scent is hard to find, thanks for the review! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Need a cuppa tea and going to take a [smilie=th_51991986]

MaggieMae - [smilie=iagree] there is nuthin like a hot steamy bath on a cold winter day! :wub:

(I tend to keep an unofficial "queue" of tarts that are on deck to go next. Anybody else do that?)

My yarn wreaths are coming along nicely. One of them is a combination of regular yarn and novelty yarn. I am delighted with how it's turned out so far, but finishing touches still need to happen. Then I'll post p0rn.

Christy - when I see someone on here post about liking a certain scent I know I have and go off to search for it, I always find a few others & pull those at the same time, & put them in a basket by the melter to melt first. That basket's pretty much overflowing at the moment. [smilie=th_pardon] Can't wait to see your wreaths!

My afternoon melt was CFTKR's Pumpkin Nutmeg Cake - luv those pumpkin's! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Now I'm melting Embers' Pumpkin Spice from a CF buddy. [smilie=th_teks0311] Not like any PS scent I've smelled before, not heavy on the pumpkin & almost a light 'smokey' spice to it, but not the typical pumpkin spices, either. It's really good! [smilie=yes]

I am sorry about your melter, Jedda - I am very phobic about electricity so I would be cautious also! Did you look on the Scentsy site or the Scentsational site to see if you can find something similar?

I found a gem in an old party treat bag - a sample Prada candle. I have no idea when I got it, but it just became a melt!

Hate breaking a melter hope you find one you love.

Tonight i am melting falling leaves from country home scents not only are her tarts cute they also are strong and long lasting so glad i tried this vendor. Have a great evening

I tend to keep an unofficial "queue" of tarts that are on deck to go next. Anybody else do that?

I do! I usually have at least two or three lined up and waiting, sometimes more if I've got some that 'need to go' because they're getting leaky or losing scent. Or, as someone else mentioned, if I hear someone on here mention liking a scent that I have in the stash, I will usually pull it to melt soon.

No candles tonight, I'm going to bed early!

snowman_hearts2.gif Hello friends!

Been a busy Saturday here...we ended up with about 3 inches of snow overnight. After hockey practice this morning, we came home, shoveled the driveway and then the ice rink. The rest of the day was spent sledding and ice skating! I am exhausted! Still a slight cough hanging on for me and all of us had drippy noses...lol...I know, TMI!!!

As the sun was setting, the scent of a fireplace or woodburning stove in the area filled the air outside! Oh, how I love that smell! luvlove.gif

Burning one candle right now...Slatkin Winter Night...love this scent and it's pretty darn close to what I smelled outside. How do they do that?? scratchinhead.gif

jedda, sorry about the melter! I have a pewter toned melter from the Scentsational line at Walmart. Not sure if they still have them. Also, if you live near a Michael's, they have a newer line of melts and warmers by Ashland...here is the link to a pretty ivory one...which looks very similar to a Scentsy warmer I own in a different color (periwinkle blue and caramel)

Click here for pretty warmer!

Maggie, enjoy your hot bath bathtubsmile.gif

Sweet, I do the same thing when I read a post about a scent I think I may have in my stash! LOL! It's fun finding tarts we forgot we had, isn't it???

Well, friends, I am calling it a night here...hockey game tomorrow morning at 11am. Have a wonderful evening and happy melting! nighty.gif

MaggieMae - [smilie=iagree] there is nuthin like a hot steamy bath on a cold winter day! :wub:

Maggie, enjoy your hot bath bathtubsmile.gif

Sweet and Aria...thanks...unfortunately, everybody else had the same idea [smilie=th_blij80] and I ended up with an [smilie=eek] ice bath. [smilie=th_gif]

Aria~ Sounds like a great day...I love the smell of a fire too! I've gotta go smell that Slatkins candle.

Tonight i am melting falling leaves from country home scents not only are her tarts cute they also are strong and long lasting so glad i tried this vendor.

I agree...I really love their tarts... [smilie=yes]

Have a good night all... [smilie=th_offtobed]

Good evening, everyone, I hope you had a great Saturday.

I just enjoyed a 20 year *reunion* with Beauty and the Beast. 20 years ago, I took my DD Melody to see it when she was less than 2. I loved it so much, I had her on my lap and kept thinking "please let her make it thru this movie, I really want to see it" and she did. Well, this evening, 20 years later, we went together to see it in 3D. It was great to see a Disney classic I've always loved, with my original movie buddy!

[smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Upon returning, I changed out the melters to Winter Festival by CFTKR. I like it a lot, I think I'm smelling apples!

Good night, friends.

Good Sunday morning, everyone. I am remelting my Scentsationals Banana Nut Bread this morning and have a two wick Yankee Coconut Bay going also. Hope everybody has a great day. We are to be warm again today which suits me just fine.

I have added Scentsationals Sugar Cookie and Yankee Banana Cream Pie to the mix.

Aria, thanks for thesuggestions. I'm going to try to stop by Michael's tomorrow. I remember seeing warmers there, but I didn't really pay close attention to them at the time (since I didn't need a new warmer!)

I did look at the Scentsationals site, and nothing jumped out at me. I've been avoiding Scentsy because the local rep is one of my idiot neighbors - I guess I could just order online, right?

Todays melts are 'Strawberry Noel' from an unknown vendor melting in the hallway, and 'Covered Bridges' from CFTKR (from a CF buddy :) ) in the kitchen and living room areas. Today will be nice and relaxing. I had some gardening chores to do this weekend, and they're all done. Lettuce and radishes are transplanted!

As the sun was setting, the scent of a fireplace or woodburning stove in the area filled the air outside! Oh, how I love that smell!

Aria - I luv that smell, too! And, when someone comes into the house from outside & they've got that crisp, cold air sniff to them. :wub:

everybody else had the same idea [smilie=th_blij80] and I ended up with an [smilie=eek] ice bath. [smilie=th_gif]

MaggieMae - I bet it was so much easier when the kids were little & more than 1 went into the tub at the same time. Can't talk em into it now, huh? [smilie=th_foolish1]

I'm melting CFKTR's Oak Barrel Cider and burning Slatkin's Spiced Apple Toddy. Anyone tried both her Oak Barrel Cider & Cider Barrel? Wondering if they're similar.... [smilie=th_scratch]

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good morning today i am melting Mrs. Clauses Peppermint Cookies from sniff my tarts and bubble gum madness from country home