The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

Thanks, Aria! Good morning everyone th_wave.gif

Another great day for tart melting. We got a little snow last night and there is more on the way tomorrow. I am melting Front Porch Sugar Cookie Dough Bread biggrin.gif

Hi all. I'm melting SH Pumpkin Carrot Strudel. I've had this stray half tart cup for a long time so it is good to finally use it up. A great scent for a chilly apartment this morning, I'm enjoying it.

Has anyone else seen those yarn wreaths featured in crafting blog tutorials and in shops on Etsy? (If not, do a Google image search for "yarn wreaths" and a whole bunch of lovely ones pop up.) I just discovered them because a friend of mine wants me to come over to her house for "crafty time" and I had nothing to bring, so I started a few wreaths. Super fun, easy, and the look can range all the way from cute/kiddie to elegant/refined. If anyone is interested, I can someday post p0rn of the ones I make.

Today is my DS Zack's 11th birthday!

[smilie=th_blij40]

I remember 11 years ago this morning, standing at the check-in desk at the maternity desk. I said, "I think I'm in labor". She said "is this your first"? I said "no, my 5th" and they whisked me outta there in a big fat hurry! VERY shortly thereafter Zack arrived!

[smilie=th_smilies-2]

Today, I am melting some scents that he likes, and taking a break from winter/holiday scents.

Citrus Splash by Shady Mountain in the living room

Apple Mango Tango by Shady Mountain in the hall

Lemon Lime Fizz by Crabby Candle in the family room

Sunrise by Crabby Candle in the kitchen & hall

Blue Banana by Missy's Tempting still in his room, but I'll probably change it out before he gets home.

I'm planning to "check him out early" from school around noon as a birthday surprise.

[smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Have a great day, everyone!

[eta]

I would love to see your wreath p0rn Christy!

post away!

I love crafts and stuff like that

Thanks, Aria! Good morning everyone th_wave.gif

Another great day for tart melting. We got a little snow last night and there is more on the way tomorrow. I am melting Front Porch Sugar Cookie Dough Bread biggrin.gif

I just ordered that one a few days ago. I hope i love it!

Found one lonesome Can-DO Lemongrass and Olive tart. I AM SO EXCITED. This is one of my favorites ever!!! Can't wait until she opens on the 31st so I can order more of these and the honeydew and whipped cream. Those are my two favorites from her. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Aria-Glad you can smell again!

Christy-Would love to see the wreath you make. I am always in awe of people who are crafty because I am not at all.

Melting Can Do Sugar Bean and Pink Sugar Bean. It has been on all morning so I am almost ready to change it out. It smells good though.

[smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to Zack!

It's my DS birthday too! He's 18 today- WOW! Time flies....I had the same experience as you Laurie- I was standing in line at the ER and the nurse looked at me and said "Have a seat" and I said, "Nope...the doctor said I was over 8 cm so I think I should be here"...20 minutes later there he was!

Aria~ Glad you can melt your smellies again!!! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Christy~ I would love to see your wreaths! Sounds cool! :)

Last night:

Mandarin Cranberry from Bliss

Cranberry Marmalade from Shady Mountain

Today:

Frosted Pine from ScentSationals...great scent for the snow that is "supposed" to be on the way! ;)

Thanks Michele! I hate having a stuffy nose! I'm not crafty either. I can bake and cook, but not creative at all.

Christy, those wreaths look like a fun project...good for you! I would love to see any pics you want to share.

I'm melting Scentsy Embers...just started it a little while ago and can tell this is not my type of scent. It's very pungent.

Going to pick out something else...

We are expecting some snow, but I hope the roads don't get too bad since I have to take DS#2 to hockey practice tonight.

Laurie and Maggie, Happy Birthday to your DS's!

Today's scents are:

Tarts

Sugar Corn Pudding-Kims Tarts (soooo yummy)

Gingerbread Maple-YC

Candles

Carrot Cake-YC

Crisp Apple Strudel-YC

Laurie & MaggieMae - happy birthday to your DS's! [smilie=party]

I'm melting WHAM's Eggnog French Toast - yummy! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Think I'll look out my Illuminations Eggnog candle and burn that along with it. We're supposed to get some snow tonite, too. I hope...I hope...I hope! [smilie=th_bounce]

[smilie=th_bb20]

Hello Everybuddies.

I'm melting Lavender Lemongrass from Ten Digit Creations in two melters and burning Voluspa Pomegranate & Patchouli. I've got the house opened up tonight. The night air feels so good.

th_bb20.gifcool.gif

Lazy tonite - just changed out 1 melter:

Cherries in the Snow by BuggyTown

not crazy about this one - very strong, but borderline *foody*

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes for Zack. I can't believe my baby is 11.

He had a pretty good birthday, I think! Now he's busy playing one of the video games he got.

[smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Happy Birthday to your son, too, Maggie!

Nite'All

[smilie=thzzz003]

Getting ready to hit the hay after a long day...and need to be up early tomorrow.

This is what we've been enjoying this evening...

YC Kitchen Spice jar

Slatkin Holiday Gumdrop...sort of a light scent, so I put it in the bedroom (smaller area).

We are getting some snow!!!! snowindsmiley.gif Had to drive DS to hockey practice and it was just starting to snow. We made it home safe and sound.

Good night all! xmas-smiley-4625-1.gif

I'm starting the day with "Winter Candy Apple" from Slatkin.

Today I'm mourning the loss of my favorite bulb-style warmer. I unplugged it last night, before bed. After pulling the plug, I dropped it onto the table next to the warmer, as usual. Only this time, I wasn't looking, and I dropped the plug into the melted wax. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

I tried cleaning it off with paper towels (didn't budge) and a dull knife (scraped most of it off, but not all), and even tried warming the plug with a blast from the hairdryer, then wiping with paper towels. It looks mostly clean, but I'm still uneasy about putting it in an outlet. Seems like a possible fire hazard, right? Not sure I want to risk the house over a $20 warmer...

Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to find another bulb-style for this location, and I'd prefer a cream or silver/pewter color. Ideas?

Winter-oh! Winter-oh! Wherefore art thou, Winter-oh?

70 degrees here today.

Not that I don't love 70 degrees . . . but .. . .KWIM?

:huh:

Anyway, I'm back to working on my winter stash.

Dumped out Cherries in the Snow this morning without even re-warming.

[smilie=th_puke]

I had a 3-pack of Winter Wonderland by Tara's Candle Cottage, so that's now in the living room, hall and kitchen.

I really wanna get this winter stash WAY down, but I'm a yearnin' for my *normal* scents.

;)

Enjoy your weekend, CandleFriends!

:D

(Jedda, I'm so sorry about your warmer - me, if I loved it a lot I'd probably plug it in outside or something and watch it carefully before I gave up. Or maybe you can replace the cord?)

Good morning no snow out here but it sure is cold only 16 degrees, those with snow enjoy it and stay safe. today i am melting Zucchini cupcake from crosscreek, mama's zucchini bread from shady mountain and royal cake from countryhome scents. Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Today I'm mourning the loss of my favorite bulb-style warmer.

Jedda - [smilie=th_sad2hz1] What brand of warmer was it? U can't find it anymore, or do U want to try another brand? If it's your fave & U want to try saving it, I think your idea of melting the wax w/the hair dryer is a good one. Jules' DH is the fire expert, maybe she'll see this and ask him if it's safe to plug it in. Yooohooooo...oh, Jules..... [smilie=th_shout]

I'm melting Swan Creek's Roasted Espresso and burning Candleberry's Snow Angels candle. We got about 3" of snow last nite [smilie=th_dancing_smile] , so figured it was perfect timing for the Snow Angels candle. The cold sniff was light, so wasn't sure if the SC Espresso would overtake it, but it's a great combo! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Of course the SA's is no longer on CB's site [smilie=th_roll] , so don't know what the description is, but I think it was some type of vanilla cookie....?