The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone. I am burning all of my vanilla minty scents now! Love them during the holidays.

Guest Anonymous

I have Buckeye Mountain musk melting - it is one of the little jelly bean sizes, but it is strong enough to fragrance the room!

Guest Anonymous

I just got my Tuscadero's order in and I have to say I'm REALLY impressed just on packaging, shippping time and cold sniff! The scents are lovely and smell deep and rich.....I've just started Christmas Spirit - Will post after I've lived with it to see if I love it as much as I think I will!

Currently I have Dickens Christmas going in my upstairs EB from Spotted Hog - it's the last tart I have left from them.....

I am still melting my Mistletoe Kiss from Nene's(listening to my 7 year old twill like a LOUD bird in my ear)LOL. There goes my peaceful Christmas mood! : )

Guest Anonymous

I'm so glad I found this site! I came across candlefind while I was considering a purchase of Pacifica soy candles. I ended up ordering a LOT, and was thrilled to take advantage of the special promotion thru this website. They smell great, and I think they will make wonderful holiday gifts. The Emperor's Bounty gift set has proved to be a great cold weather trio. MMmmmm! Now a question: while shopping today, I came across a new brand (for me) of candles called "Stella Mare." They seem to have an uncanny resemblance to the Pacificas...Does anyone know anything about this brand? The web offers little information, other than showing that Amazon sells them.....

Guest Anonymous

I hope you like Tuscadero's. I recommended Sandy on the Q board. She has several scents I haven't been able to find anywhere else. She is one of my faves along with CHC.

Guest Anonymous

Melting CHC's Christmas Tree....It's so warm here that I haven't gotten into that Christmas mood yet and I'm hoping to find it after a couple hours of this scent while I work :)

PinkSugar - I melted the Tuscadero's last night and it was STRONG! I ended up putting it out, only because my husband was going to be home soon and it was a scent I didn't think he'd like so well and I didn't want it to be something that was totally in his face, being so strong. It hung in the air for awhile too.

I can see the Tuscadero's tarts becoming one of my faves too, along with CHC!

Okay, I've edited to say after 15 minutes I am no longer melting Christmas Tree - it is a bit too strong to be sitting on top of (it's on my desk :( I don't want to move it 'cuz I like to see the flame of either a candle or a tea light. .....So, I put it out and started PI's Cinnamon instead. I'll get Christmas Tree going again in another room when everyone is awake (I work at 4:00 a.m.)

Guest Anonymous

It is warm here too so I am burning Lilac Bouquet from CHC. I just love florals & it just doesn't seem like Christmas to me. I am moving next week to Arizona so I have not decorated or wrapped or anything. It's all packed.

momuvtwo, Sandy has so many scents it's hard to choose. After I move I'll have to sit down & really do a large all at once order. I used to get up for work at 4:00, then I retired in June.

Let me know what scents you got and the best ones. Enjoy!

Guest Anonymous

Hey, PinkSugar - I'm in Arizona (Northeast Phoenix) - Welcome in advance to the desert! Time to get used to warm Christmases :) lol

Guest Anonymous

I burned all of my Yankee Fall Festival Housewarmer candle. Loved it!!!

Yankee Autumn Wreath was nothing special.

Guest Anonymous

MOMUVTWO -- I am moving to Show Low. They had snow 2 days after Christmas last year. My house closed escrow Nov 20 so I'm really excited. Just waiting for my fence to be installed and get a truck. I am moving away from the warm Christmas days as I now live in So Calif an hour nw of Palm Springs. I just love Sandy's tarts & she is quickly becoming my favorite. I haven't burned enough to be sure but i really like what I have used. I have been stocking up on mountain & woodsy scents since the area is big on hunting, fishing & hiking. I know alot of Phoenix people have summer homes up there and in Snowflake. Maybe someday we will meet, who knows! Have you tried Tryintomakealiving tarts? I am anxious to see how the two compare before I place a large order.

Oh you lucky desert ladies!!! Here in the Midwest it is freezing-literally! Snow and ice-blechhhh!

I am trying to forget how cold it is outside and have a Ginseng Energizer candle burning in the family room. I also have one of the tarts from Dream Tarts(tryintomakealiving) going in the dining room. I know everyone seems to love these, I really am trying hard to love them too. But, I am just not that wild about them. They seem to have a strange "aftertaste" to them-a twang in all of the tarts that I can't identify. The one I have going now is called Amber Romance, and is not that strong.

I adore the customer service and fast shipping from Louise, but I am not sure that I will order again. I am going to keep trying each of the flavors I purchased,hopefully it will get better.

By the way-Pink Sugar, I do have Jack Frost-it is one of my favorites! Of course, I am a sucker for anything that is minty and fresh.

Cat, I just placed my first order with Dream Tarts(tryintomakealiving) last night, and after hearing your review, I'm kind of glad I only ordered one 24 pack. I did order my favorites(candy apple, pink sugar) so will be able to compare to what I've tried elsewhere.

I almost ordered her Amber Romance but figured I had enough amber after buying a pound of Oriental Amber from Nene's. How would you compare Amber Romance to Oriental Amber?

Boogie

Guest Anonymous

I am burning Peppermint Noel from House of Tarts. It is a nice, crisp peppermint. Also very pretty in that is is layered in white then red. Awesome throw. Scenting my entire two story house w/ one small tart. Will see how long it last.

Right now I've got Lavendar Vanilla/Downey from Carol's going. I love this fragrance in general. I think I might just get the oil from BBW-that is my fav version of all time. The kids beg me to spray the linen mist on their pillows every night.

Boogie-

I do hope you love your tart purchase from Dream Tarts. I wouldn't even put hers and Nene's in the same category. The Oriental Amber is a wonderful scent that is romance all over. Amber romance was "perfumy" and not that strong. You might love them-it may just be my Smeller. I don't want to offend anyone, but I just am not impressed with this one. That's too bad, considering the wonderful woman that makes them.

Yes it is-but not one that I have ever used. Although I would be interested to see how close this tart is to the actual scent.

Guest Anonymous

Cat, thank you for that review last night on your Dream Tarts. I was going to order 24 before I read it. I have ordered from several on Ebay I did not like at all, & several I love. I think I will stick with CHC, since I do love hers even tho right now I'm burning Bay Berry Twist from Swell Smells. It smells so good but it pooped out after 2 hours.

Guest Anonymous

Cat01 - Posted on the Q board for ya, but I got my Mia Bella's today and am burning my Night Before Christmas....It wasn't what I expected in terms of the scent and so far it's not as strong as I would have expected either, but the candle itself is performing MUCH better than the first one I tried (no crackling sounds or sparks shooting out), which must have been a fluke. I love that the labels can come off of these candles :) I'll keep giving it a chance (the wax itself is so pretty I think) and I'll update. I also got Mulberry Spice wihch smells SOOOO good! Can't wait for that one!

I do wish I could get more info from them.....I was trying to find out what fillers they use, in particular cottonseed oil, but they won't tell you anything of course :(

Mom-

Gotcha on that post on the Q! I am putting my tart version of Night Before Christmas on now-to either sympathize with you or remind me of why I like it. The tart is so strong that it is borderline headache, but of course-everyone has a different sense of smell.

I do hope you like your Mulberry. I have one called Antique Linen and Lace? on order and it sounds interesting-it is their fragrance of the month.

I do think that I will be limiting my time on the Q board-I just read some outright nastiness that doesn't set well with me. Hopefully-an apology will be forthcoming.

Pink Sugar-

Thanks for your faith in my review. I do love CHC as well. Maybe Louise would be willing to send you some samples before you order from Dream Tarts, so that you could see if it would be right for you. You might fall head over heels for her tarts.

I am going to be putting Tuscadero's on my list to try-haven't before.

Anyone ever tried Blue Gecko?

Tonight I am burning 2 of my favorite YC scents......Christmas Wreath and Christmas Cookie. I have them both in large jars and loving every bit of them. The Christmas Cookie is not that strong this time around. Well, it is stronger when I take the stopper thingy off. OK, just took that dumb thing off. It does help them burn better but cuts the throw down.