The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

Dew Drop Scents Angel Food Cake, yummy!

I love the scent (authentic) but it did not last too long. I find most angel food cake types are lighter. Anyone find a strong or long lasting one which is a true scent?

Boogie, you can add sugar to the butter for my maypo, cream of wheat, farina....yum...

Melting Vanilla Bean Noel from Pinepoint; a wonderful vanilla scent with a caramel base, but it isn't too sweet. It's a winner with the entire family so I will definitely re-order!

Evening all-

Can you believe this-I got my oil burners today! WOW! 2 days from order to in home-I love it!

DH was fiddling with it, trying to turn the pot around and DROPPED it! Luckily, for him, no breakage! I can still see it all in slow mo...

Anyway, I just put it on and will report on the smell later on-I got one called Rain Forest...

Waving to Boogie-did you have a good holiday?

Guest Anonymous

Currently melting Buttercream Crunch from Cottage Hill on my desk, just started what's left of Winterberry Wreath (also CHC) in the living room.

Good morning! I am melting Dew Drop Scents, Gingerbread Applesauce. I like the fruity spicy scents. This is a nice version. I will probably change later when my son comes home from a trip. He prefers cookie-cake types and lets me know that by turning off the melter if it has other flavors melting. He is a waffle cone kid! (Nene's waffle cone is his favorite)

maggie... I love Cottage Hill's red velvet cake.. one of the all time greats!

Cat, waving right back at'cha ! How fortunate that your husband didn't break the oil warmer. He would have been in the dog house, for sure, LOL.

Christmas was nice except for the meltdown my 14 year old had because she didn't get the camera she asked for after I had done all of the shopping. She wanted one of those high mega pixel digital cameras, which irked me because I have one of those 2 mega pixel cameras and feel that she should get my "hand me down" while I get the new one. For some reason, my husband decided to get ME a new digital camera and when I opened it up, my daughter became quite the little witch. Since it was Christmas, and since I am a mother, I gave her MY new camera. Then she started to cry because she felt she didn't deserve it after being so ungrateful.. SIGH.....Well, the IPOD speakers I got her were not compatible with her 3rd generation Ipod Nano, so since that was being returned, it helped decide who would get the camera. Of course when I went to take Christmas pictures with my "old, sorry" camera, the batteries had gone dead and we didn't have batteries for it in the house. more sighing......

Aren't you glad you asked ? LOL

Boogie,

How do you like Nene's Christmas Wish? Better than YC's version? I love Yankee's scent and am as always looking for a good dupe...I've found that the dupes are often better than the originals.

After reading about your Xmas adventure I'm gritting my teeth when I think ahead to the next couple of years...my daughter's only 11 but judging from her mood swings now I can see what's coming...

Switched to Tuscadero's Tasty Pastry. Just put it on so I am not sure yet (sometimes I find scents take a little time to settle in to get the full flavor).

To all with teenage girls, I certainly understand. I have a 16 year old... enough said...

I think those of us with teenage daughters need to form our own support group forum, lol. Or at least start a similar topic under Off Topic here.

I am liking Nene's Christmas wish. It is melting in my 12 watt burner, which doesn't throw as strong as my 24 watt burner. The scent is light but refreshing. Hard to compare it to YC's version because I've never tried that one. They may not even be the same mixtures.

The description for Nene's says:

A unique blend of light citrus, pine, and cedar wood nestled in a warm, rich vanilla cookie base. Just what I want my house to smell like for the holidays

But I also have Christmas Wish by Crosscreek and its description is a bit different from Nenes':

a delightful Christmas blend of fresh pine, orange and spices

Hi all, I have switched scents again (3rd time is a charm, right?). I put on a favorite, Cottage Hill's Hummingbird Cake, delicious!

I have Egg Nog melting upstairs in the loft. I haven't decided what to burn downstairs yet. Right now I'm trying out a candle plate warmer that I picked up at Bed, Bath & Beyond yesterday. I wanted a way to use up the few Yankee jar candles I have left, but so far I am not impressed so I may be returning it.

I love the idea of a support group for those of us with teen age daughters. Although my daughter is only 10 she acts like she is 15 most of the time. I can totally relate to the Christmas meltdown, Boogie. My daughter wanted a digital camera for Christmas, which I thought was too extravagant for a 10 year old, but my in-laws went ahead and got her one. Well, it's only a 3.1 mega pixel and it turns out she wanted at least a 7.2 like my husband and I have. Talk about ungrateful...