The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

I actually lit my Jack Frost Yankee Candle tonight. I just love this scent. I have it in tarts and tea lights too! It is one of the few candles I have (I have been melting more tarts lately). Have a great evening everyone!

Once again I purchased a candle from Pier 1 because I loved the cold throw...you think I would learn that everytime I do this I am diappointed with the throw once it is lit! So, I used it in my mosaic candle holder for a few days as all I need there is the light inside. I was about to throw out the little nub and decided to see what would happen in a melter with a tea light. Way better! That small piece of Asian Spice candle as a tart has enough throw to cover the bathroom.. Not a lot, but certainly more than as its life as a candle!

Boogie-

I am not sorry I asked, glad I could help you vent! ; )

The new oil burner, while cute-is not throwing a smell at all! : (

The bulb is only a 4 watt-not even hot enough to do more than warm the bowl-its only rated for 7 max! Any suggestions? I love the look of the darn thing, but am wondering what I could use to get some aroma out there...

At any rate- DH has something going that smells like pancakes, and try as I might-can't find it??...

I am not sure what I am going to put on, maybe some peppermint to cut that maple out..

Debra-

Yes it is, and I used straight oil that I ordered with it. Nada. Switched to BBW Twisted Peppermint-got some scent for a while, not bowl you over-but at least it was there. Then decided to experiment with some soy melts-chipped off a little bit and threw it in to see if I could get any sort of melt. Looked like soft mush after a few hours, no throw.

So I have moved it to the smallest powder room to see if I can get something in there. I am going to check with the manufacturer to see if there is an alternative-I am thinking that I can probably still use the bowl on a different socket...

Guest Anonymous

Burned that tin I found from Two Blue Company, Sleigh Ride. Double wicked. Practically no scent throw, though. Very disappointed.

Guest Anonymous

Just started a candle - PI's Snow Clouds. I'm going through tarts like there's no tomorrow so I'm slowing it down a little by going back to my 'candle roots' and will keep something burning on my desk while I work.......Might as well ;)

ETA: I had to put out Snow Clouds - It's a great room scent to me, but not a good desk scent - I'm finding it kinda strong when you're sitting right on top of it! lol So, I'm now melting (yeah, back to the melts) CHC's Hummingbird Cake!