The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

Boogie - yes, it is and it was lasting and lasting! I burned it for 10-12 hours (1 square) and probably could have put it in a smaller room and kept it going, but like you said: Time's awaistin' - lots of Christmas scents to burn through!

Today is something new: Orange Gingerbread from Candle Dippers...this is a sample so I looked at the site - anyone order yet? Fun names I may need to try: Purple Haze, Seminole Winds, etc!

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I have looked at Candle Dippers and they are on my to try soon list. Lots of fun stuff on their site.

Burning WNS Buttermint Noel today. Good scent, good throw but I find hers sometimes don't last as long. Will see how long this one continues to throw a good scent.

Guest Anonymous

Burning Pure Integrity's Cranberry Spice - I LOVE this one....so tart and strong I can literally taste it while it's burning! This was just introduced this season and was supposed to be limited through Christmas, but I was told they may consider keeping it all year since it's done so well - I can see why ;)

Guest Anonymous

Burning YC Mistletoe right now but will change it to Christmas Eve soon. Seems appropriate for the day.

I have really enjoyed my Xmas scents but must confess that I am glad to be nearing the end of my Xmas stash and am anxious to start in on my winter scents.

Guest Anonymous

mommy - I'm with you! I never thought I'd get 'bored' of holiday/Christmas scents....I feel like I live for them all year, but i am also glad to be putting them away after today.

What does everyone like for general 'winter' scents?

ETA: So much for Cranberry Spice - both my husband and son told me it was 'stinky' this morning when they woke up >;) Now I"m melting Tuscaderos Nutcracker Sweet and will start CHC's Mistletoe melting upstairs as soon as my stubborn warmer dish comes out of the freezer! It's my last in the stash of both......

Merry Christmas Everyone!! I hope you all have a joyous and safe holiday. Hope Santa brings you lots of waxie goodies or whatever else was on your wish list. :-)

Christina

Happy Holidays all! I am burning my brand new- BBW oil-Twisted Peppermint! This was what Santa brought me for Christmas-I must have been a very good girl!

Have a wonderful day!

Guest tammye

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope everyone enjoys time with your families.

Guest Anonymous

Merry Christmas to all!

I must be one of a few who don't burn according to season...guess it just depends on what mood I'm in. And I do enjoy floral/clean scents. I think I pretty much enjoy it all, again, depending on mood.

In the living room I'm burning Christmas Square from Spotted Hog. Not impressed with throw, but then again, I only used one square from a clamshell. Gotta get my bigger burner to really test it out, I guess.

In my bedroom, I'm burning a small candle from Sierra Mountain...Cinnamon Buns. It's doing better than the housewarmer I had going earlier, Yankee's Brazilian Passion Fruit. Loved the scent, but poor throw.

Guest Anonymous

K, I've got to cut that out. That guest post was again me. I never logged out, so not sure why I became a guest again.

Guest Anonymous

Hi Everyone--this is my first post so hope I do it right. I am a tart fiend, I guess you could say. Carolyn got me hooked in the fall of 2006 after she wrote how enthused she was with her new tart burner and tarts. I had to try it and now I, my family and friends are all hooked on tarts. Since Christmas has passed I decided to put in Island Spa by Yankee. It has a fresh, limey smell and makes me think of summer. Since I am in the midwest it is good to think of summer right now. Hope you all have a great day after Christmas!

Guest Anonymous

I am the last "guest" who posted. Something is not working as I had just logged in. trep

Guest Anonymous

Welcome, Trep! Glad you figured out the posting....it is tricky.

I did a good job of using up my Christmas scents and am moving into wintery ones. I'm in AZ and I'm trying to pretend I"m in the midwest (like it better there) so I'm melting Peppermint Snow by CHC downstairs and K's Kreations Log Cabin upstairs......

I'm turning into a tart fiend myself - surprisingly. I always preferred candles and thought I always would, but tarts seem to work well for me since I don't always have several hours to enjoy a candle and let it burn to the edge, etc. Plus I find I get bored of scents quickly and also hate to spend a lot on a candle to find out I either don't love the scent or it's not as strong as I'd like. I hate to waste tarts too but if I find either of those things in a .75-1.25 tart I don't feel so badly ditching it ;) I'm also enjoying being able to put something on before taking the kids to school and then walking back in the door to a nicely scented house. So tarts are definitely finding their place with me though I still love the flickering light of the candle flame and depending on the candle I think it often yields a stronger throw.

Hi Trep!

I jumped passed the candles and went right into tarts because I get bored with scents easily, and I did not know where to store all the half-burned candles I would have! Now I am back tracking a bit and buying candles of the scents I have tried in the tarts if I really, really like the fragrance.

Today is use up all the Christmas tarts and eat all the cookies day! : ) I have a little bit of everything melting all over the house, with YC sugar cookie being my favorite for now!

Afternoon All-

I am burning and melting everything but the kitchen sink today! I have snow angels(K's) in the kitchen, purely pear(Nene's) in the dining room, and Pumpkin Cheesecake(Mia Bella) in the family room.

You wouldn't think the combo would be good, but it's okay.

I am just ready to get some of my newbies in the house... I have an order from Illuminescents on the way-anyone got any opinions on this one? I also have an order from Country Aromas-anyone know on this one?

I just picked a couple that I had never heard mentioned and ran with it.

Hope you all had a lovely holiday.

Cat

Guest Anonymous

I"m melting the rest of Cinnamon Vanilla from CHC that I started yesterday - it's almost done. Then I'll probably switch to buttery gingerbread, a sampler from K's Kreations.

I followed Cat01's lead and placed some orders last night from totally new to me, and a couple of random, tart sources.....one on e-bay, one from Carol as I posted in the melt threads, and one from Sugar and Spice Gourmet Candles.

Cat, I was just on the illuminiscents site yesterday - looked interesting but I didn't order, so you'll have to let us know how they are!