The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

Guest Anonymous

Burning YC Christmas Cookies today. Not something I would usually buy but it was free so thought I would try it. Not too bad so far.

Boogie, too funny!

I am melting Cottage Hill's birthday cake. I am taking a break from the Christmas scents for the afternoon.

I am pretty new to melting tarts. I started a few months ago. I really enjoy reading everyone's opinions. I have tried quite a few of the companies mentioned on these forums. I like some. I don't like some.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday!

That is hysterical, Boogie!

I have CHC Birthday Cake, but haven't melted it yet. Is it yummy??? Nevermind-the last thing I need on my mind right now is cake...

Off to wrap more presents for Girl Scouts. Have a great evening.

Boogie,

The Cottage Hill birthday cake is a sweet vanilla cake. That is what I smell (of course I am now cooking dinner and those smells are mixing with the cake smell!!).

If you like cake scents I have also tried Nene's birthday cake and sweet snow cake. I liked them both. Also, The Spotted Hog wedding cake is good.

I really like bakery scents. I think the cake scents may not be as strong as the spice type scents but I love the sweet smell of them.

Cat, we are a Girl Scout family, too ! My 14 year old has been a scout since kindergarden(Daisy's) and my 10 and 11 year old girls started as Brownies. Are you a leader ? I have had the opportunity to take over as leader several times, but always respectfully declined. It sure is a lot of paperwork.

Guest Anonymous

Wow! Ouch! This is a place for honesty and unbiased reviews. Shame on you guest for not even being brave enough to put your name on your shameful posts. At any rate, I am glad for all the happy and respectful retorts. Still love spending time with all of you guys.

Guest Anonymous

Hi, everyone - I just wanted to post and say that I read everything earlier today....I haven't posted because I was trying to figure out what to respond with. I'm sure many of you can appreciate being torn between wanting to rise above it, and wanting to defend myself (vehemently, I can assure you :)

I've decided that I hope my posts speak for themselves - All of them, not just in regards to this particular issue. And, from the subsequent posts from others, that appears to be the case. Many of you said more than I probably could have anyway. Opinions are subjective, for sure. But, I'm pretty sure I've been clear on what has just been my opinion, and what I've actually done my research over. As a matter of fact, I have even recanted on occasion. In any case, I always strive to be fair. So, enough said.......

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys, I just read Christina's review on Candle Haven. Then I checked out the site, and her scent list looks nice and she has 40w burners on there too. I just noticed after reading some of your posts that my favorite burner was only a 14w, and I wonder if that was causing some of my disappointment in some of my tarts(?)

She has one in particular that is vanilla mixed with coconut cream pie-Yummy!!

I am burning Mulled Cider from Scentsy. I don't normally buy Scentsy wax (too expensive!) but my sister-in-law gave me a couple of clamshells when she was here visiting last month. I do like it, but probably wouldn't order it for myself.

mtiffany- I read Christina's review from Candle Haven, too, and am tempted to place an order. My favorite burners are 25 watt bulb burners. It seems to work well with most wax.

Is there a way to block certain people from posting? "guest" had said she was not going to post anymore and yet continues to do so. Pretty low to insinuate that momuvtwo isn't spending enough time with her two children. Maybe "guest" needs to stop bashing people on line and find something more productive to do.

Boogie - I have been wanting to try Aroma Soy by Grazia, but I have to use up some of the tarts I have collected over the past few months!

The CHC birthday cake also has a buttery undertone. My daughter came into the room and asked if I had made popcorn. She definitely smelled butter! It is a buttery vanilla cake!

Okay guys, no more "guest" posts. It's very easy to register on this forum and once you're logged in, you're logged in so there is no reason for "guest" posts at all.

mp, to answer your question, on this forum, unfortunately no... for the time being... guest's can post. But, the new forum is just about ready and once it's in place, you will have to be registered and logged in to post.

"guest", whoever you are, please drop it and let it go. This is an "open to read" board and I would like it to remain so. If you don't like what you're reading. Don't read. Plain and simple.

Boogie-

They have asked me to lead and I have also declined. I will work alongside and help out as much as I can, but just cannot make that big of a commitment. My 14 year old has also been involved with scouts since daisies, so I guess that is why both of my 7 year olds begged to start as soon as they were able. I am sure the 3 year old will probably follow, as she loves going to all of the events and meetings(even if it is just to pick up and drop off the girls).

I think it really helps them learn about teamwork and respect. I am for anything that helps me teach them these things.

So lets talk about what scents I am melting today...

Nene's Hayride-not a keeper for me, but DH loved it. It is very strong, but not one that I particularly cared for. I will probably keep it on hand for him though.

Cat, I tried Hayride from a couple of different companies but was also not too happy with the scent. I can see why a man would like it. I prefer the autumn leaves type scents rather than the hayride. Surprisingly, my absolute favorite scent this past fall was Yankee Candle's Autumn Leaves(I melted the votive's, not a candle).

Girl Scouts have a hard time finding leaders because of that huge commitment. This is why it was impossible to find Daisy troops.....so few women are available to lead those young troops as they all move up to the higher age brackets so soon. My daughter's cadette troop is planning a trip to Mexico in 2009. Mexico City is where one of the world GS centers is located.

Carmel Nut Cluster from CHC. I will order from CHC again just for this scent!

I read Dawn's review of Chunky Chunkie Candles and added them to my list to order from!

Guest Anonymous

Earlier burned K's Kreations Cranberry Balsam (yum) - Now am melting CHC's Grandma's Kitchen (also yum :) - Actually, I like this one because it's more just spice than bakery.

I am melting Christmas Time, Candles from the Keeping Room. I got this in a Christmas sampler. I like that Carol has samplers. You can try many scents this way. Her customer service is great too!

Afternoon-

I have Winter Morning from Nene on today.

Mom-

I did order tarts and candles from K's- I got snow drops in the tarts and Snow Angels and Refreshing in the candles. Anyone seeing a pattern in my orders here???

Boogie-

I'll bet your cadet will have a wonderful time in Mexico. Ours are trying to decide what their "final" trip will be, they have raised so much money-they could probably make it to the moon!!! Lol!

Guest Anonymous

I am burning Christmas Tree which I got at a local craft show. Not bad throw and although it doesn't last as long as othes I have used, it was dirt cheap so pretty good overall.

Adding CFTKR to my list of to tries. Did put in a very small order at the chunky candle place just to try it. Prices and shipping were reasonable so figured why not. Now I am going to place a small Crosscreek order when they reopen then I need to be done for awhile or at least until spring.

This is my maiden voyage with Dreamtarts...melting Christmas Trees - quite a throw! Had to "turn it off" for a bit as the room I am in is quite small.