The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

Melting Crosscreek's Berry Balsam in the living room and was melting Nene's Peppermint and Pine in the kitchen. My youngest daughter asked me to turn off the peppermint and pine because she didn't like the peppermint. It was a nice clear, strong scent. Guess I'll melt it tomorrow when she is at school.

Does anyone else get unwanted comments from their family about the candles or tarts?

Hi Boogie, My family definitely lets me know if they do or do not like a scent. I keep a list of likes and dislikes so when I place repeat orders I know what we like from each company.

Now thats my kind of boss-we just got a Christmas Card with all of our senior staffs' pictures on it-in the mail!!!

We are living in the tropics today-melting WNS Manic Mango! I love Mango!

Hi all!

Guest Anonymous

I am burning Apple Berry Cinnamon by Crosscreek. I absolutely love this scent. So rich and strong. I have loved all the tarts I have bought from Deana. I just LOVE her "Cinnamon Roll". But my daughter says it makes her feel sick on her stomach. So now I just burn Cinnamon Roll when she is not home.

Oh Boogie - I have to tell you! My husband kept blowing out the tea light on a melt he did not like, I kept lighting it thinking it was a defective tealight! So, no more Oaky ones when he is home! : )

Burning Root Ginger Patchouli...small throw but that is probably OK for these sents!

Guest Anonymous

Smellycat - I can tell you from experience trying a TON of Beanpod products that it's a good thing you didn't waste YOUR money on them.....no sent and the candles tunnel horribly anyway, no matter how perfectly you burn them. Been there- done that.

Maurie97 - I'm putting in another First Snow as soon as my burner is out of the freezer. It's an AMAZING scent, but the first one I tried in a different burner didn't throw well at all so I'm hoping it's the burner and not the tart itself......If you like First Snow you may like Winterberry Wreath as well - another great one from CHC. But I really prefer the First Snow and am sorry I didn't order more before Donna went on break :)

Mom, it is so true that different warmers produce different throws. Today I am melting Rosegirls' Cranberry Lodge, which I was a bit disappointed with when I previously tried it with my 12 watt burner. I am melting it now with my new 24 watt burner and it is so much stronger and more delicious ! I am thrilled.

Fleur and Debra, the problem with me getting opinions from my family is that everyone likes different things ! My 14 year old daughter doesn't like anything I melt, and she has turned my burner off at times, too. My 10 and 11 year old's will sometimes put surprises in my burner pots because they get a thrill out of seeing things with hardened wax on them. I once had wax explode all over my window blinds after a piece of playdoh was put in the melter cup .

Oh Boogie, it sounds like tart sabotage! My son is the most sensitive in my house. He will come home from school and ask to turn off the melter if he doesn't like the scent. My husband just says, "that stinks!" if he does not like it. My daughter does not comment too often (she is also the busiest and is often out of the house for different activities). For the most part I can find scents that please most of us. I do have a few favorites that the family does not like. I melt those scents when they are out!

I melt tarts in my office at work (our windows do not open and it gets a bit stuffy and musty at times) in my warmer. Then I really have problems - no one likes the same scents! I have learned to melt ones that have small throws! LOL! We have the banana fans in the back office, vanilla down the hall, and caramel at the reception area. A couple of us like citrus... seems like someone, somewhere is thinking our tarts are stinky!

Todays flavor; Backroad Hobbies Country Christmas. (No complaints so far!)

Guest Anonymous

I do enjoy reading about all the scents you are burning and melting. All of my stuff is packed away. :)

Your families are cracking me up! I let each of my girls pick a tart on each order, then they get to burn it whenever they want(well-I put it in when they are ready to melt it). We have quite the adventure trying new scents and each of us has our favorites. We just stick it out when one is on that we don't like. Of course, you all know by now that my hubby is getting as bad as me lately-so he doesn't mind.

At any rate, I am melting Angel Food Cupcake from Nene's. This has a very light throw...

Guest Anonymous

Cat, I got my Dreamtarts! Thank you so much! I am melting the eggnog one in one room and it has a nice throw and good scent although if I didn't know what it was I would not guess eggnog. It has the creamy vanilla scent but is missing the spices that woudl make it a true eggnog scent. Melted some of he Holiday Spices ones earlier and could barely smell them. Ended up pouring them out. Wondering if consistency is going to be a problem with these. Will see how some of the others you sent do.

In my main room I am melting House of Tarts Sinus Relief due to Dh and I having colds. This is an awesome tart and I wish I had ordered more of them. This is my second order (both small orders) from Holly at House of Tarts and I am pretty impressed so far.

My family has been great about my tart habit. My daughter has her own burner in her bedroom and she has fun helping me chose new scents to try and I usually let her pick one to use in her burner. My husband is starting to take an interest, too. The other day I actually caught him going through my tart inventory smelling all the differant ones! Today I'm burning CHC Cinnamon Vanilla. It's smells super, just wish it were a little stronger. Does anyone know if the Cinnamon Vanilla from Crosscreek's is any good? I have never ordered from them, but am planning too after the first of the year.

Mommy-

I am glad you got them-just to let you know, that is original packaging from this maker. I just put them straight in the tin. I hope things go well on some of the others.

Hop over to the Q board and read the review thread for this tart that was just posted in the last few days...

Interesting reading.

Isn't House of Tarts based in Canada? I haven't ordered from them yet, but may consider it after the holidays.

Okay guys I had to change that Cupcake tart-not strong enough for me. I am now melting Christmas Essence from Mia Bella-I put 2 melts in the melter. I hope it doesn't run me out of the house,this one is that strong!!!

Guest Anonymous

Cat, HOT is based out of Florida. Haven't tried a ton from her yet but have liked what I have tried.. Absolutely loved her Peppermint Noel.

I found a thread regarding Dreamtarts on QVC and I can definitely see what people are referring to. I smell a soapy smell in several of the tarts you sent, most noteably the English Ivy. And some of them smell very artificial, especially the berries and cream. Not at all what I expected as I pick up no true scent of fresh berries. But I will wait and see how they burn. As I mentioned the eggnog burned very well and long but it did not really smell like eggnog. I really appreciate you sending me these though because I am fairly confident in saying that I do not find that these tarts (in smell or packaging) really stack up to what I have received from Nenes, CHC, or HOT and you have saved me some money! I am glad that others are really enjoying Dreamtarts though and isn't that the reason that there are so many tart etailers, afterall? That way everyone can find their favorites!

Mommy-

I guess I was thinking of Frizz's House of Tarts.Hmmm...

Having so many choices on where to shop is also our biggest downfall, isn't it? There is always somewhere new to try, and try as I might-I will never get through all of the shops in the world! At least not with my credit card! Lol!

I do appreciate that everyone has a different sense of what they love, it gives me ideas that I might not have thought of. We also find those little diamonds when we share our favorites, and sometimes our least favorites. Someone will usually end up loving those as well.

Any way-have a great night all and happy melting!

Guest Anonymous

Melting CHC's Gingerbread Kids......Had tried to melt Dreamtarts Home Sweet Home again from my test yesterday and was having the same results so put it out.

I posted my review of DT last night on the Q board and it wasn't very good. I e-mailed Louise (Dreamtarts) as graciously as I could while still explaining exactly what the problem was and she refunded my money, but not without a little 'jab' at the same time. And, as was posted, she evidently shot Melissa a nasty-gram which I can only assume was in response to me......I did find something rather unpleasant masking or overpowering any kind of true 'scent' in her tarts and I just couldn't help it. I tried 3 different ones yesterday (in different types of burners) and that same pungent 'something' that I just can't put my finger on seemed present in all of them - one in particular so strong I just couldn't keep it going for long. I couldn't pick up on any one described note in any of them because of that ONE odor of whatever it seems to be......They are definitely unlike any other kind of tart I've tried. Now I can say this from true experience - I stand by my original concern that 4 ozs. of scent per pound (compared to everyone else's 1.5 or slightly higher) - even in a tart - may really probably too much after all, as that is the only stated difference I can find in her tarts from others.

As a side note, I wasn't excited about the the packaging at all but for fantastic tarts at those prices I would have put up with it in future orders.....

P.S. - I hope the Dream Tarts fans here don't get upset with me over all of this - I'm truly happy you're happy with them and am in NO way hoping to take business from Louise - I do believe she really loves what she does and her attention to her customers is right up there with the best of them......But, as this IS a site for reviews, what can I say? I gave mine.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Cat, it is Frizz's Houst of Tarts but according to the website they are based out of Florida. HTH.

I appreciate hearing everyone's opinions, whether good or bad. Perhaps Louise will adjust the scent in her tarts if she hears from more than one person that there is too much of a chemical smell. I don't understand why she was not nice to Melissa, especially as Melissa is her biggest fan.

Today I am melting Candles by Victoria's Chocolate Orange, which is super strong. These are very large 2 oz tarts, so I may have to slice them in half for future use.

Guest Anonymous

I am burning First Snow by CHC.

I agree everyones smeller & likes are different. That is why I suggested waiting for reviews before jumping into the dreamtart thing. I was accused of "hijacking" her thread so I have kept quiet. My favorite seller is Donna, but I also buy from a couple others quietly. (I must admit I am enjoying burning oils much more). Mom, don't feel bad. You handled the problem well, and if the vendor can't take criticism she should not be in business. It was good business to refund you immediately.