The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

Guest Anonymous

Melting CHC's Cranberry Crumble.....

Cat01 - Snow Clouds has always been a permanent part of their line and not seasonal.....the only ones that will go away for now are Victorian Christmas, Evergreen, Nutmeg Spice, Sugared Spruce, Mistletoe and possibly Cranberry Spice - until next year anyway. Snow clouds is available year round....I have that one coming 'from Santa' - haven't ever bought it before so I'm glad to know you like it. That's the scent on the review boards that I've read when people get a sample of it or burn it they seem to not like it (I think it's just a very different kind of scent than people are used to).......I got the tea light sample and liked that enough and thought it would be a good January/after Christmas scent to have around (closest thing I'll get to 'snow' out here anyway ;)

Guest Anonymous

Melting Vanilla Bean Noel in the bedroom, and Tracey's Christmas Morning in kitchen.

Guest Anonymous

Hello Cat01 and Momuvtwo-I love PI's Snow Clouds and have ordered it a couple of times!! I have never tried the Nutmeg Spice-is it good?

Not that I can order any candles anyway! ;)

mpfand - don't you LOVE samples?? It gets me out of my rut and I often find things to order that I would not have.

Last night I was cleaning and found a bag of pretty old tarts - thought I should toss them, but tried one this morning and wowie! It still has a big throw. This company, Lighthouse Candle Co, doesn't appear to exist now per google (let me know if you see it).

Melting: Apple Cider.

Guest Anonymous

Still burning CHC Holiday Wassail today. Ended up needing two tarts but they are filling up my house pretty well and still going strong. Just put in a CHC Rosemary Mint upstairs to see how it does. The cold smell of this one is a stronger mint smell than the Nene's Rosemary mint.

I put in one of the small free samples Louise from DreamTarts gave me. It is called Christmas Hearth. For such a tiny tart, the throw is great and it smells yummy. Since it is about a third of the size of her regular tarts, I doubt it will last the rest of the day but it has been going strong for almost two hours now.

Okay, just added the other small Christmas sample she sent me. This one is called Nutcracker and should be a good compliment to the first one as they both have maple, nuts, and vanilla in the mix.

Just got my CHC order. That was fast! I put Autumn Spice in my 25 watt burner and so far it's nice; not too strong, but it has a good throw and kind of reminds me of hot apple cider. I am anxious to compare it to Warm Mulled Cider, which I also ordered. She included two free tarts, Carmel Nut Cluster and Cedar & Saffron, which I thought was very generous considering the shipping was free. Free samples always make my day! I love that you can order single scents. I like to try out a scent before I commit to a large quantity.

Guest Anonymous

mpfand - You got some great CHC selections there....I found Warm Mulled Cider to be REALLY strong!! I had to put it out a couple of times....great, authentic scent but it packs a PUNCH (at least it did in the warmer I was using, maybe yours will be a little more tame ;)

Guest Anonymous

right now I have celtic moonspice going in my office.... cinnamon roll downstairs both from Crosscreek... then in the bedroom I have buttery cinnamon from Grammas country fixins

Guest Anonymous

Good morning, everyone! I started burning K's Kreations Mrs. Claus's Cookies, but I have a cold and needed a little stronger scent - switched to melting CHC's Carmel Nut Cluster - much better! (And since mpfand mentioned it yesterday I've had a craving for it ;)

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe it but I am still melting CHC Holiday Wassail. It is on it's third day and finally starting to die but I am still catching whiffs of it so haven't poured it out yet. BTW, this is in tea light burners also so very suprised that I am on my third day with it.

When this one peters out this morning I am going to switch to YC Balsam and Cedar. Stocked up on that one which is unlike me (prefer to have a bunch of different scents than stock up on one generally) but I really love this one.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, that was me.

Mom, is the Caramel Nut from CHC really sweet?

And is the Celtic Moonspice really perfumy? I have been wanting to try that scent from several vendors but have hesitated for some reason. Anything too perfumy tends to trigger a headache for me. TIA

Guest Anonymous

Mommy - I wouldn't say Carmel nut is sweet - It is, but in a 'hazelnut' sort of way (I don't like sweet/bakery scents other than nut/spicy type baked goods and this one is in that category for me...smells a bit like maple syrup but definitely less purely sweet, if that helps)...

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, Boogie and Mom. I am planning on placing my first Crosscreek order after the holidays so I will try her Celtic Moonspice.

And Mom, that sounds like something I might like. I confess that bakery scents scare me and I tend to not order them. Always scared they are going to be too sweet as I prefer a spicy/earthy/clean/or fresh fruit scent. Will put that one down on a possibly safe bakery list.

Rosegirls Old Fashioned Christmas is melting away! I will have to look and see if they still carry it for the description, but it seems like I am smelling minty/balsam.

Mommy - I also avoid the bakery scents and go for clean/earthy/citrus ones. If you come across bakery scents you like, please let me know! (I find my office mates and husband seem to like those better than what I like. Lemon poundcake is my compromise! I hesitate to burn most of those because the smells seem to make me feel like I just ate too much dinner!) LOL!

My husband turned on the burner upstairs in the loft so I added Creme Brulee from Chestnut Hills. This is one of my daughter's favorites. Twigs and Berries is still going strong downstairs. I would definitely order this scent again. The "twigs" keep the berries from being overly sweet. My husband and 12 year old son both love it.

Hi, I am new to the forum (I was having trouble registering, but thanks to Christina I am up and running now). I am melting Cottage Hill's sugared spruce today. I am pretty new to melting tarts (last couple of months), but I have made up for lost time! I enjoy CHC, Nene's, Candles from the Keeping Room, Whiff and Sniff, & The Spotted Hog to name a few! Happy Holidays to everyone!!