The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

I broke down and bought a YC candle...usually I only melt tarts and am wary of YC soot...

So, because I really, really liked it in the store, I have 22 oz of Sparkling Pine to melt my way through...it smells great, fortunately, and so far the cute little Christmas shade on top is keeping soot/tunneling away.

Guest Anonymous

This evening I am melting Spotted Hog's Seven layer bars downstairs. So delish! I smells the layers of chocolate, caramal, peanut, and if I am not mistaken maybe a chocolate covered pretzel hint in there and maybe some coconut. I don't know but I am l-o-v-i-n-g it!

Candlelover

Guest Anonymous

Just started burning K's Kreations Mrs. Claus' Cookies (it's apparently a dupe of the BBW Vanilla Bean Noel, which I"ve never smelled but this one is pretty yummy) - I'm not normally a cookie smell gal but for some reason I couldn't resist this one....

debra99 - In my personal experience, the ONLY time I have soot with a Yankee is without a topper of some kind (I like the Illuma-Lids).....The really keep the flame still and the soot non-existent. In fact, that horrible soot problem on the jars and on people's walls that they talk about....I've never seen it. But, if I take that topper off for even two seconds the flame is completely out of control and you can see the soot coming off of it - no matter how short the wick is trimmed.

So, as long as you have the shade or something else on it, you should be fine and can enjoy it without soot worry.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning everyone! I'm burning YC Christmas Cookie. My favorite from YC.

I agree with momuvtwo about using a topper to keep the flame still to prevent soot. I use

them all the time and never have any sooting problems, and I also keep my wick trimmed

very short before each burn.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Thanks momuvtu - I have never used the shades before and I was hoping they help...one thing I did notice though - with the shade on I can't see how long the wick is getting! LOL!

Today is Soy Beads Earthly Embrace. I came to work and forgot to bring my holiday/winter melts, darn it! So many melts, so little time!

I just burned B&BW's Vanilla Coconut oil and was surprised at how light of a scent it is. This is the first oil by them that wasn't strong. It's not unpleasant at all, but there are other better ones. I am going to take this one back, along with Pineapple Mango, and choose two different oils. Hopefully, I can pick up the Twisted Peppermint.

Boogie

Guest Anonymous

Burning Melekalikimaka from WNS today. Supposed to be a tropical Xmas type scent. So far the throw is almost nonexistent and I have two burners going for almost an hour. Not a good sign.

On a side note I picked up a few tarts at a local craft show a few weeks ago. Lady was selling 10 tarts for 5.00 so I figured I would give them a try. Burned the eggnog last night and while they weren't the best I have ever tried they were pretty darned good tarts. Might have to pick up some more for that price.

ETA: I am now catching whiff of the WNS tart. Suble whiff of pine, coconut and maybe a little pineapple. Interesting fragrance but wish the throw was stronger.

Guest Anonymous

debra99 - Try the Illuma-Lids...you might like those better as they definitely keep the flame visible. I personally don't buy Yankees anymore, but I have to say there is nothing prettier to me than a single, still Yankee flame going inside those pretty jars with those Illuma-Lids on. I wish I could get that in the candles I use now but they are mostly double wicks and the lids just don't work on them ;)

Just got in and decided it was time for a little "Hippy, Hippy, Shake" from WNS. This one did not smell great cold, but it has a strong throw and is a pleasant surprise when melted.

I think it is worth a reorder. Of course I am set for a long while- I have 20 on the way from CHC.

Mom-

I also ordered from K's yesterday. I just got a couple of 10 oz. jars and some melts. So I hope they are as good as they sounded. I ordered Snow Angels and Refreshing.

I am done ordering for a while.

Good evening and happy burning/melting.

Guest Anonymous

Well, you're all going to think I am nuts, but here goes..I have a Roots Winter Balsam going in the kitchen, a North Maine Frest Cut Pine in the dining room and a Rosegirls Pine Essence in the living room. I mailorder my Christmas Tree every year so it is as fresh as possible and decorate with fresh cedar. And I still want more more more...Hope my husband doesn't present me with scented divorce papers one of these days..lol

Guest Anonymous

Hi all....Believe it or not I am NOT burning a PI candle right now! lol I have K's Kreations Cranberry Balsam going....great combo of two of my favorite scents ;)

Cat01 - Did you ever light your PI candles, BTW? I don't know that I ever heard how they did for you.....And of course,let us know what you think of K's......I like her melts so far, and I like that she gives you so many scent as well as jar choices in her candles. She also does a few YC dupes that I like too. I have only ordered twice but I did come back for a second so I guess that's good ;) I ended up giving my Mia Bella mulberry spice as a gift so I never did get to light that one.....I need something fast and it was perfect for this person so I parted with it happily. Don't know if I'll get around to ordering again any time soon from them since I'm set for a good long time, with the exception of the soy tea lights for my burners I'm ordering - but then I'm DONE...honest! ;)

Guest Anonymous

Good morning everyone,

I am melting Carol's Gingerbread in my kitchen. Haven't decided

what to melt or burn in the rest of the house yet. Probably something

vanilla..

Guest Anonymous

Still melting the Melekalikimaka from WNS, Scent has really grown on me and it has lasted quite awhile but is a much lighter throw than I am used to. Would probably rebuy it though for a small room.

Guest Anonymous

So my CHC order got here ( wow, that was incredibly quick!) and I am now melting Holiday Wassail. MMM. . . it is just barely melted and I can already smell it. I usually prefer to burn two tarts at once due to my 9 foot ceilings but this one may actually be enough w/ just one. So far I am very impressed w/ CHC. Will see how the staying power is.

BTW, she included a Butter Rum Spice tart in my box which is somthing I would never order myself but man is it yummy smelling!

Guest Anonymous

Mommy - I've had some surprisingly delicious sample tarts from Donna (CHC) as well in my orders....scents I would never have picked myself, but turns out they're fantastic!

I'm back to PI today after a disappointing morning with K's Kreations and even Tuscadero's (not the tart so much, I just wasn't in the mood for the scent as it turned out ;) I'm burning PI's Mistletoe and I can now reiterate why I love them so much.....after 15 minutes I can smell this very authentic and rich scent throughout my entire lower level and into my upstairs loft! (and before anyone asks me, no - I'm NOT on their payroll! lol ;)

Today became an oil day...I was Christmas shopping at the mall and B&BW and the Body Shop had oil a-simmering...so I came home and fired mine up. Colonial Cranberry Apple tea!

I am burning Apples and Cinnamon from PinePoint Candles. It's not as strong as I would like, but the scent is very authentic. I will probably order from this company again just because their scents are so true, the prices are reasonable and she threw in lots of free samples!

Hi all-

Been so busy today it's a wonder I have melted anything. I melted Sweet Snow Pine from Nene's and burned Snow Clouds from PI.

I do like the Snow Clouds and am curious-is it a limited edition Mom? I would like to be able to get another one, but not now. I am up to my eyeballs in scents.

I loved my SSP from Nene's, but it did not last as long as usual-hmmm?