The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

December Delights !

I have Issey Miyake melting in my living room and Dolce and Gabbana in the kitchen.

Love that Issey scent !

Guest Anonymous

Burning Mia Bella's 'Home for Christmas, which is almost identical to YC's Home for the Holidays!

Guest Anonymous

Waffle cone from spotted hog in my kitchen YUMMY! Bella's fluffernutter in my formal living room.

Candelover

Mia Bella's Coffee Break-gonna try this one until I like it!Lol.

I have Nene's Crisp Mountain Breeze going in the powder room-day 2 and still strong!!! Wow on this melt!

For the holidays I love Crosscreek's Bayberry and Country Christmas scents...also Holiday Sleigh Ride from Brown Bag Candles (although I think K's Kreations carries this one too if you prefer soy.) Also,I stumbled across some breakable melts in Holiday Citrus from a company called Evan-Scent in a local gift shop...I highly recommend this fragrance. It complements other woodsy pine and holiday bakery scents perfectly!

Guest Anonymous

Burning PI's Cranberry Spice in the family room area and PI's Nutmeg Spice in the kitchen....it really makes a pretty combination. The Nutmeg is on the lighter side but for some reason when burned with the cranberry it really brings out the scent as a nice combo.

Cat01 - I broke down and ordered 2 more Mia Bella scents (the Night Before Christmas and Mulberry Spice) just to try again.....I hope these work out because I"m still having trouble with that original MB candle. I've got it going in my bathroom now to try and 'un-tunnel' it. If I can't I'm just going to have to pitch it and hope for better luck with the next two.

And, just 'cuz I can't HELP myself, I just ordered 2 candles from K's Kreations too (Cranberry Balsam and Mrs. Claus's Cookies)....

Do we have a 12-step board here anywhere?! Sheesh!

Guest Anonymous

I have Nene's Pomegrante and Anise burning in one burner. This scent is ok but a little light for me. I like a really strong throw. In another room I am burning WNS After Dinner Buttermint. This is a nice cool mint scent. A little sweeter then I like but then I really don't care for sweet scents at all. Overall a nice scent though.

Mom- you know that Santa will never be able to bring you a thing if you buy them all first! Lol-I really hope you love your newbies. Remember, I want your honest review! My PI is on the way-I can't wait.

Mommy- I have an order on the way from Whiff N Sniff, I will try the afterdinner buttermint on my next go around. I love minty! I might have it on the way for all I know. I know that my tart basket is overflowing as it is!

Guest Anonymous

Mint lovers, try Jack Frost. It smells just like a box of those yellow dinner mints.

So far Twisted Peppermint is my favorite scent of the season! They were burning it in BBW today again.

Guest Anonymous

MOMUVTWO ---- your candles won't tunnel if you burn them for 1 hour for each inch of the diameter the first time.:)

Guest Anonymous

Cat, I am disappointed to say that the After Buttermint was short lived for me. I seem to have this problem w/ several of the WNS tarts. Smell great but don't last as long as other companies. Only lasted a few hours for me. Ended up having to put in a different one this evening so trying out YC Balsam and Cedar. Not generally a YC fan but my this one is good. Will see if it last a little longer.

I am burning Tuscaderos egg nog, and my own I made , pumpkin cheesecake..you know your really addicted when u start making your own tarts..its fun tho.

I agree with the post about WNS..I purchased 2 of the shooter packs and not impressed with any of them sorry to say.

I am sorry to hear about Whiff and Sniff, I was looking forward to trying them. I ordered a few of the shooters to try her out. I really have to have a tart last for a while-it helps to justify the expense! Usually you find that, you only get your moneys worth from the tried and true.

I decided to throw on Marshmallow Fluff from Nene's-not a strong throw. I do kinda like it even if it does (sort of) smell like a sweet play dough. This one is probably one of the few that I am not wild about from Missy.

Guest Anonymous

Melting CHC's Gingerbread Kids - It's not quite going yet, but I wanted to post since I need to concentrate on work this morning instead of candle shopping and posting :)

Cat01 - My Mia Bella review will definitely be an honest one - and I'm going to burn the next 2 with an open mind, I promise ;) Can't wait to hear how you like PI.....You will probably find the wick maintenance to be a little different than Mia Bella - so you'll want to keep them trimmed pretty short - I go 1/8" on PI candles. And I find that Candle Quencher to be PERFECT to use with them.

PinkSugar - I do know about burning to the edge on the first (and for me every) burn, and 1" per diameter, etc. The reason this Mia Bella candle has tunneled is that as the wax got about halfway down the jar, it became more obvious that the wicks were VERY off-center! In the beginning they appeared centered but over time as the wax has left the jar you could actually see that they were running almost the jar and up from one side of the jar - and now without all of the wax to hold them 'in the middle' they have now straightened as the wicks shorten to the edge where they were placed :( I've been trying to let it melt to the edge, not trim the wicks and pull them to the center again but honestly, it's too much trouble. I talked to the rep (this was after I also let her know that the first time I lit this candle it popped like crazy and shot out this HUGE fiery spark that I happened to see land on my desk right in front of me - good thing I hadn't walked away to get more coffee or something) - I've really had a lot of problems with this candle, but Cat01 swears by them and the rep says it's just a fluke, and because I do like their scent list and the fact that the wicks really don't mushroom at all, I"m trying a couple more. If I'm not in love with these then I'm not ordering again :(

Mousegrl, I have a question about the vanilla bean noel by Nene's. I just purchased this tart, but haven't melted it yet. It is supposed to be like the vanilla bean noel by Bath and Body Works. On the B&BW website, the vanilla bean noel got horrible reviews. No one likes this oil, although they do like the body products. I'm afraid to melt this now. Can you tell me what it smells like?

Guest Anonymous

momuvtwo ----- sorry, I was just trying to help like others have helped me. I put your name in caps not to shout, but so you would see it.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, PinkSugar - I sure didn't mean to sound like I was offended at your advice.....Sounds like it appeared that way, so I apologize. I just meant to say "Thanks so much, but that's not the problem" - I didn't mean for it to sound like "Duh, I KNOW that already" (complete with eye-rolling as my 11-year-old would say and do :) :( It's hard to type in the same 'voice' that you have a conversation in! lol