• You cannot reply to this topic

Unofficial Poll How many of you . . . .

#1 User is offline   Nautilique 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationFL PanHandle

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

This question was inspired by the post I just read where someone (no names - LOL) almost got busted with a hidden stash by the way her coat smelled.
(Celtic Moonspice/Amish Quilt, anyone?)

Anyway . . . .
Inquiring minds want to know . . .
(or at least MINE does anyway)

How many of you hide and/or minimize your scent addiction from your significant other???

::::::raising hand wildly:::::
Me! Me! I do! I do!

While my DH never complains on how the house smells, and rarely ever comments one way or the other, he simply does not understand my need for wax in excess. For me it started with the "candle lady" at my dentists' office. Now I don't think $12 for a nice candle that scents your whole house is bad at all. But when I started buying in bulk, he started grumbling. [confession coming] So I started hoarding cash and when I'd do a buy, I'd only write a check for some, and pay cash for the rest.

Now that I'm into mail ordering melts [ which he still calls "candles" not tarts ], I always hope he's not here when the UPS man comes. And not cause he suspects us of having an affair either.
:upssmiley1:

I am also guilty of secretly moving money onto my PayPal account (which he doesn't see) and have even had my 20 year old DD do the ordering and I just pay her!
Wow, I didn't know I was that bad
or *good* at wax crimes, depends on ones' point of view.
[smilie=th_create]
So let's hear it, friends. Just in the interest of conversation, of course. (not to give each other any *ideas* . . . nooooooo)
[smilie=th_1286B215]

LAURIE
"Be the change you want to see in the world" . . Mahatma Gandhi

#2 User is offline   Cat01 

• Scent Diva
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

I usually do not hide my stuff-he is just as bad as I am. I have converted him into a wax/bath stuff junkie. He will come to me and complain if his scrub gets low-or the tart baskets look low! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

#3 User is offline   Nautilique 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFL PanHandle

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

View PostCat01, on 02 February 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:

I usually do not hide my stuff-he is just as bad as I am. I have converted him into a wax/bath stuff junkie. He will come to me and complain if his scrub gets low-or the tart baskets look low! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

Wow, that's awesome! Can you write
Making your Mate a Waxhead For Dummies please?

[smilie=th_5337c1ad]

LAURIE

#4 User is offline   mpfand 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationN. Las Vegas

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

My DH is just so relieved and happy that I no longer burn candles (I use electric melters exclusively) that he never complains about how many tarts I buy or even warmers, for that matter. I think he sees it as a harmless enough hobby and relizes that his interests cost far more than mine so he knows to keep quiet. He's a real jem. :wub:

#5 User is offline   PuppyLove 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

While my DH would likely prefer I don't have wax obsession, he never complains that I have too much or spend too much. He's like Mpf's husband in that his hobbies are far more costly than mine, so it's wise to stay mum. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Gail
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." -Mother Theresa

#6 User is offline   Joan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Wll, I prefer that dh isn't home EVEY single time a package comes, but he never complains or says anything. He jokes about scents he doesn't like, likes many of them and has bought me tarts/ candles in the past. We share the account, so it's all in black and white. I try to be reasonable, but sometimes sales come together and it looks like more than it is, lol.

#7 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:43 AM

[smilie=th_th1ptgno] My DH can't smell anything but contributes to the "anti-good scent" of the house in every way, shape, and form.
[smilie=th_stink] Because of this, my sisters always laugh and tell DH that I MUST buy tarts/candles in order to fumigate the house. He would not even know I melted tarts if he didn't see them.
He complains constantly about the "candles" I have...even though they are tarts. [smilie=th_confused3]
He does buy himself expensive baseball bats and things but thinks that wax disappears so it is not something to buy.
[smilie=th_Whistle] I tell him that same thing about Atlantic City.
I also hope the UPS guy doesn't show up when he's home...but it never fails that he will always show up when DH is home for lunch... :upssmiley1:
If I am working, I tell the kids to "hide" the box in the corner... ;)
It's all good though...I still buy tarts and he still stinks. [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

#8 User is offline   Nautilique 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFL PanHandle

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

View PostMaggieMae, on 03 February 2011 - 01:43 AM, said:

[smilie=th_th1ptgno] My DH can't smell anything but contributes to the "anti-good scent" of the house in every way, shape, and form.
[smilie=th_stink] Because of this, my sisters always laugh and tell DH that I MUST buy tarts/candles in order to fumigate the house. He would not even know I melted tarts if he didn't see them.
He complains constantly about the "candles" I have...even though they are tarts. [smilie=th_confused3]
He does buy himself expensive baseball bats and things but thinks that wax disappears so it is not something to buy.
[smilie=th_Whistle] I tell him that same thing about Atlantic City.
I also hope the UPS guy doesn't show up when he's home...but it never fails that he will always show up when DH is home for lunch... :upssmiley1:
If I am working, I tell the kids to "hide" the box in the corner... ;)
It's all good though...I still buy tarts and he still stinks. [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

[smilie=th_funny]
My DH calls them all *candles* too.
And I have also enlisted my kids to hide deliveries!

LAURIE

#9 User is offline   Nautilique 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFL PanHandle

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:51 AM

View Postmpfand, on 02 February 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

My DH is just so relieved and happy that I no longer burn candles (I use electric melters exclusively) that he never complains about how many tarts I buy or even warmers, for that matter. I think he sees it as a harmless enough hobby and relizes that his interests cost far more than mine so he knows to keep quiet. He's a real jem. :wub:

Just have to ask . . .
did you like almost set your house on fire or something?
:huh:

This post has been edited by Nautilique: 03 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

LAURIE

#10 User is offline   mpfand 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationN. Las Vegas

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:24 AM

View PostNautilique, on 03 February 2011 - 01:51 AM, said:

Just have to ask . . .
did you like almost set your house on fire or something?
:huh:

LOL. Sounds that way, doesn't it? But, no, DH was just worried I would. He was also less than impressed with the soot from candles so when we moved into this house he said, "I want the walls to stay clean." I searched for an alternative to candles and discovered electric melters and flameless candles. Perfect compromise; I still get to enjoy my scented wax, but he no longer has to worry about flames and soot.

#11 User is offline   Juletones 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

I'm a package stasher. It's like a game now. I'm not fooling anyone, really, but I don't want to draw too much attention to the fact that the wax keeps rolling in. DH doesn't get mad, but he does tease me about it.

Like other's situations, his hobbies are more expensive than mine...less volume, mind you, but more expensive.
Jules

#12 User is offline   toberetired 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

My DH doesn't complain about my "smellies" as he calls them, but during some sales, my orders (yes, plural) are a little "over the top" so I do sometimes try to quickly move them from the door to anywhere he won't look. Guess I am just a "closet tarter". Does this mean I am addicted? probably. Do I care? Heavens, no. I have a decent job and as long as the bills are paid, he really doesn't have a lot to say about it. Like Jules, my husband also has a hobby that is much larger and much more expensive.

#13 User is offline   cmarie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

Yes, it helps when they have their own interests and also want to spend money on things, doesn't it? My DH wants to frame all his diplomas and put them up in his office and has started bargaining with me about the wax he would let me buy if I would let him do all this expensive framing. So win for him, win for me, lose for our bank account, I guess!

I never hide wax or purchasing evidence from DH, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't understand why orders can sometimes get as large as they do. We have a system for "fun money," every month we each get a set amount of money to spend as we choose and the other person can't get mad. So as long as my purchases stay within this, he doesn't object. But he does get sticker shock when I tell him about the orders I'm planning, and sometimes treats me as if I might go way overboard without warning at any moment, even though I've never done this in the past. I think he just likes to give me a hard time.
Christy

#14 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

I am prety sure he does not know how many stashes there are, but he sees a lot since they also seem to arrive when he is home! He makes jokes about needing interventions every now and then, but other than that, he lets me be.

#15 User is offline   Juletones 

• The Mod Squad
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

I would have preferred he didn't find my latest CFTKR order, but DH happened to go on Ebay and there were my items purchased, listed out for the world to see. I tried to explain that even though it said that I bought 11 items, it was all only one order. I may as well have bought a led balloon. That's how well it went over.
Jules

#16 User is offline   Nautilique 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFL PanHandle

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

View PostJuletones, on 06 February 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

I would have preferred he didn't find my latest CFTKR order, but DH happened to go on Ebay and there were my items purchased, listed out for the world to see. I tried to explain that even though it said that I bought 11 items, it was all only one order. I may as well have bought a led balloon. That's how well it went over.

:unsure:
Oh dear! Not good, not good at all.
I am grateful that my DH is eBay impaired, and I plan to keep it that way. Even moreso now that I've ordered wax from there.
:blush:

LAURIE

#17 User is offline   becky 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

No one to hide mine from anymore....and am i glad :)
[smilie=th_sign0162]
Becky

#18 User is offline   Nautilique 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFL PanHandle

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

View Postbecky, on 07 February 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

[smilie=th_sign0162]

[smilie=th_23_32_7]

LAURIE

#19 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

[smilie=th_23_32_7]

View Postbecky, on 07 February 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

[smilie=th_sign0162]

#20 User is offline   Nautilique 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFL PanHandle

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Maggie -

Posted Image

LAURIE

• (2 Pages)