The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

"March Melting Madness"

No truer words spoken. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Thanks for starting this, Melissa.

Guest Anonymous

My first March melt is First Kiss from K's Kreations, left from February (last night [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Okay, I am so sleepy that I posted in February... It is hard to tell that it is March here. We woke up to snow! I guess this it the "in like a lion", for sure.

Anyway, melting the Cookie Jar that I had on last night, drinking my morning tea, and trying to wake up... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning!

Got to use up some of this stash:

Butterfly Kisses - Serene Dream Shop (nothing yet. This is my blue for today. It's a pale blue.)

Pear - Winter Garden (nothing yet)

Sunshine & Sheets - Candle Haven (wowza, strong)

7UP Pound Cake - Gramma's (Yum)

Orange Chiffon Cake - Bella's (nothing yet)

Mandarin & Mimosa oil - Sensual Mystiq (I just dropped in & left the room. I'll check on that later.)

It's extremely foggy here today. I need to be outside weeding. We'll see if that happens.

Everyone have a great day! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

A real hodge podge going today:

Jack Frost ( this works wonders on my sinuses)

Aloha from Tuscaderos in my bathroom ( loveeeeeeeee this)

my own tropical paradise in blue for Boogie,mommy , fleur and Jason's tart shortage

I hope everyone has a great day today

I am finishing up Can-Do's Nag Champa, the first time trying this classic scent. As always, Can-Do has a great throw and staying power, but nag champa is not for me. It's a very rich, incense type smell. My 10 year old likes it, though, which surprises me. Such a grown up scent for a child to like.

Will switch to something spring-like in a couple of hours...perhaps a nice linen scent.

I've got LOL's Pink Sugar Buttercream melting in the living room. I didn't split it in half like I usually do. I'm also using the tealight stand trick and am getting a great throw. LOVE this scent! I'm also melting LOL's Tahitian Vanilla Spice -- a mini tart sample -- in the bathroom. It's nice but I don't think it's a reorder for me.

Guest Anonymous

Just started Country Clothesline from CHC.....Won't be home much today, mostly in and out, so it seems like a waste - but I just love walking in the door to a scented house so I'm putting it on anyway [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Jason - You are strong, my friend. I was on the edge of the 'out of tarts' ledge last week until my first influx of orders arrived! lol

I'm trying out my new Nene order today ! In the kitchen, there is Cherry Flip Cupcake - just started it, so I'm not sure about it yet. In the bathroom, I have her Clean D'Lish... also just started.

In the living room I have Carnation by Cheryl's Candles. This is probably a reorder as I like florals - but not the overwhelming and in your face kind. This one is very authentic with just the right throw. Smells like I have a fresh bouquet of flowers! :P

In the bedroom, I am on the 2nd tealight of Lavender Cream by Cheryl's candles. This is a DEFINATE reorder - and one of my very favorite scents thus far since joining this board and ordering from everyone under the sun! I can't quite describe the scent. It's more than just lavender and cream I'll tell ya. Whatever it is, I REALLY like it! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Guest Anonymous

Whoo hoo! A new month!!

I just cleaned all the burners out.

Jade Candles Toasted Marshmallow in the half bath.

Jen's Soy Creations Birthday Brulee in the kitchen.

Mookie Doodle Jack Frost in the living room.

Jade Candles Blueberry Muffin Upstairs.

Mookie Doodle Sangria Cobbler in the Master Bedroom.

Guest Anonymous
After a couple of duds (vendor and scents shall remain nameless...)... I am melting The Spotted Hog's Granny's Pie Crust. This is a nice bakery scent... I needed to clear the air from a prior tart, whew... it smells much better in here now. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Haha NOw that's no fun. You aren't going to warn us of a potential scent disaster? lol

I just got in a nice box of tarts from Tarts Galore. They all smell fabulous. Now I just started all my burners and I am dying to try one of these. lol Gotta go dig out another burner and put it on.

I think I want to try out the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie first.

PS. I am going to try the spotted hog soon. I am trying to space my purchases out now so DH won't get suspicious. ROFL

Guest Anonymous

Today for the 1st day of March, I am melting LOL's Banana Buttercream and this one packs a HUGE punch!! Definate re-order!!

After a couple of duds (vendor and scents shall remain nameless...)... I am melting The Spotted Hog's Granny's Pie Crust. This is a nice bakery scent... I needed to clear the air from a prior tart, whew... it smells much better in here now. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Haha NOw that's no fun. You aren't going to warn us of a potential scent disaster? lol

I just got in a nice box of tarts from Tarts Galore. They all smell fabulous. Now I just started all my burners and I am dying to try one of these. lol Gotta go dig out another burner and put it on.

I think I want to try out the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie first.

PS. I am going to try the spotted hog soon. I am trying to space my purchases out now so DH won't get suspicious. ROFL

I just really did not like the scents I chose earlier. Someone else may love them, so I did not want to mention names. The throw was fine and they melted well, just not my "cup of tea". I am learning more about my scent preferences every day. Sometimes I order things and when I get them home I wonder what was I thinking...

I added Chestnut Hill's Celebrate to my warmer upstairs. This is mixing nicely with the pie crust...

Guest Anonymous

I just really did not like the scents I chose earlier. Someone else may love them, so I did not want to mention names. The throw was fine and they melted well, just not my "cup of tea". I am learning more about my scent preferences every day. Sometimes I order things and when I get them home I wonder what I was thinking...

Iquote]

I do the same thing. lol Sometimes it sounds better than it really is. lol I had something on a few weeks back that I couldn't wait to get the smell out of the house. lol

The kind of scent that you think burnt popcorn would actually smell better than, kwim? ROFL

So far all the ones I put on earlier are throwing and smelling fabulous!! This birthday brulee is really out of this world.

I have Can-Do baby powder going in the den along with a blueberry muffin candle from Light the World Candles. In the kitchen I [smilie=th_biggestgrin] just started YC frosted cedar wreath!

Well, someone needs to slap me so I stop! I also cleaned out melters and tried replacing them in different areas for better carry of scent...and I think I got carried away in the process! (Good thing my husband is gone until tonight, he'd know it is time to call the "special people that help you when you have gone off the deep end"! LOL!)

[smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Ready?

Family room: Sweettarts/ lime and coconut - finally! a coconut I can smell!

Office: Bridgewater/ sweet magnolia

Laundry: Lighthouse/oriental musk (wish they were not OOB!)

Powder: Bella/dreama

Master: Contemporary/meditating (sick kitty last night - this really freshens things up)

LIving room: Leftover AromaSoy/cashmere scarf

Dining room: Soybean Scentsation/fuzzy naval

2nd bath: Partylite/candied apple tealight that I melted and dumped into the metal pan, set on the warming plate and Voila! Finally I can smell a tealight!!! (And I have a bunch...)

Just got home--I have Can Do Pretty Woman in the upstairs bath--this was a freebie but I will order more as I really like it and downstairs it is Can Do Black Raspberry Vanilla--another winner--am going to place an order soon . Have a nice evening everyone.

Update.........the Red Velvet Cake from Carol (CFTKR) is great. I do NOT like chocolate scented candles or melts at all. I love CHC creations RVC and a friend gave me this one to try. I LOVE it too. Its a great balance of buttercream,cake, and chocolate with the Choc. being ever so faint. It just works!

Just thought I would put that out there for anyone interested. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

I have started the melters downstairs for the evening. I am melting Queen of Hearts London Lemon Curd and Cottage Hill's Fun in the Sun. I will be putting Cottage Hill's Clean Cotton in the guest bath as soon as I "ice cube" the tart bowl for that room. It should smell yummy in here soon. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]