• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

International Kitty Collection

#1 User is offline   cmarie 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

Yeah...this won't surprise anyone, but if I haven't mentioned it before, I collect cat figurines from around the world. Most of them are from friends since I haven't had funding in recent years to travel myself. Anyway, today I finally got the chance to put my collection online at an official collector's site. If this sounds interesting to you, you can check it out here:

http://www.neocollect.com/coll/270/
Christy

#2 User is offline   PuppyLove 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:35 AM

Those are darling, Christy! [smilie=kewl] What a fabulous collection from so many countries! I was hard pressed to pick a favorite. Do you have a fave?

Thanks for sharing!

Gail
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." -Mother Theresa

#3 User is offline   cmarie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

Thanks Gail!

As far as favorites, I have a soft spot for the Austrian one since I got that one myself. Other than that, there are several that really represent the countries they come from. The Scottish one in the kilt is awesome, and the pic doesn't show this, but the Russian one has two more cats inside it just like Russian dolls. [smilie=kewl] Oh, and the Netherlands one is great as well, the white with blue decoration on it.

I am working on a few potential additions. Countries in the works (may or may not pan out) include South Africa, the U.K., Israel and Peru.
Christy

#4 User is offline   sweet&spiceygrl 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

Christy - those are adorable...what a fun collection! You got the Austrian one yourself, meaning you've been to Austria? [smilie=kewl]

#5 User is offline   cmarie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Yes, I was lucky enough to go to Austria myself in 2005. I also went to Hungary and the Czech Republic in the same trip, but my vision for the collection was not fully formed at that point, so I didn't even look for any cat figurines in those countries. I was mostly thinking, "hey, I can put this Austrian cat next to my Japanese one and they will look cute." Only later did I think of adding other countries. That's the only time I've been to Europe or anywhere else other than Canada.
Christy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users