• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introducing new kittens

#1 User is offline   sweet&spiceygrl 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

Anyone have any tips for introducing new female kittens (3 :roll: ) into a 1 dog and 3 cat (mama and her 2 boys) household? :P One of the outside cats had kittens this past spring and I haven't found homes for the 3 girls. First year that's happened for me. :? So, I'm going to try bringing them in and see how it goes. [smilie=th_ee29] I've read to keep them separate for a while so they can become familiar w/the others' scent, so I'm doing that. The one boy kinda freaks when I go to pick him up after having the girls scent on me. He isn't a happy camper at the moment. The other boy (my gentle giant) seems ok w/them and pokes his paws under the door to play w/them. So far, their mama has just hissed and pretty much ignored them. Any thoughts on how long to keep them apart until they're physically in the same room together? The sooner, the better. :lol: Yeah....six cats sounds like a lot in one house to me, too. :shock: Guess I'll just have to step out to find out. :?
Monalissa - I remember U had some difficulties introducing a girl into your kitty household. Did it ever get any better 4 U?

#2 User is offline   bbbblazin2802 

• Scent addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

I just got a new kitten this week, and I have a 10 year old cat... both are males. The 10 yr old is not too happy but he's been fine... usually he's a biter/scratcher but he hasn't hurt the baby at all he's not thrilled to play with him but I catch him playing sometimes.... the older cat LOVES my husband and for the past few days he's been mad at him though. IDK how to deal with so many though but it's wonderful you give them a nice home!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users