• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urgent Blue Request

#41 User is offline   send2007 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

Thank you for the update. Joey is constantly in my thoughts, as is his family. Again, I wore all blue today (it's becoming my Friday tradition) as an unnecessary reminder. My prayers are many though I'm not sure what to pray for...I'm putting it all in God's hands and hoping for the best outcome for all concerned, in His wisdom. My heart feels for all of you.

#42 Guest_Anonymous_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

One more quick update. Just got off the phone and the oncologist told them today that the largest tumor is dying. That is what the naturalist told them would happen if they followed her regimen. He still has nine other tumors that have devolped on his brain in the last couple of weeks but I think that has given them some hope.

They have also elected to try an experimental Chemotherapy and hope to start him on that this coming week.

#43 User is offline   cyngreen2 

• Admin
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationDown in the Delta

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:19 PM

One more quick update. Just got off the phone and the oncologist told them today that the largest tumor is dying. That is what the naturalist told them would happen if they followed her regimen. He still has nine other tumors that have devolped on his brain in the last couple of weeks but I think that has given them some hope.

They have also elected to try an experimental Chemotherapy and hope to start him on that this coming week.

That information is good news in the midst of all this. I am going to remain hopeful for Joey. Thank-you so much for updating us.
"Politeness is to human nature what warmth is to wax. " ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Cyn
cyngreen@candlefind.com

#44 User is offline   trep 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

Praise God, mommy--at last a ray of hope. I have been and will continue to pray for a complete removal of all tumors from Joey. While there is life, there is hope and I am praying for a miracle for Joey. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us these updates.

#45 User is offline   mpfand 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationN. Las Vegas

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

I, too, appreciate the updates. Miracles happen everyday and I pray Joey will be living proof.

#46 User is offline   fleur17 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

Hoping the additional medication and treatments will relieve his symptoms and turn things around. Joey and his entire family are in my thoughts and prayers every day. May you all find the strength to carry you through this time.

#47 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

Keeping the prayers coming!

#48 User is offline   Boogie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

Sheri, I would be interested in hearing more about the regimen the naturalist recommended. This is very good news that the largest tumor is dying. I guess that means the scans showed that this tumori has shrunk? I have never heard about tumors dying.
My prayers are with Joey and your entire family every day.

#49 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:25 AM

More blue and prayers for you all - that things are turning around.

#50 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

No it had actually tripled in size which is what the naturalist told them- that a tumor will grow before it dyes. I think they can tell it is dying by the colors on the scan? if that makes sense.

I don't know much about the naturalist regimen but I will see what I can find out. I know it involves removing sugar from the diet because she claims sugar feeds the tumors. But it also involves taking some natural suppliments and other diet restrictions. Will see what I can find out.

#51 User is offline   cyngreen2 

• Admin

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:57 AM

No it had actually tripled in size which is what the naturalist told them- that a tumor will grow before it dyes. I think they can tell it is dying by the colors on the scan? if that makes sense.

I don't know much about the naturalist regimen but I will see what I can find out. I know it involves removing sugar from the diet because she claims sugar feeds the tumors. But it also involves taking some natural suppliments and other diet restrictions. Will see what I can find out.

I'd be interested to know, as well.
Sounds like maybe the largest tumor is necrosing or cavitating. Sometimes they grow so rapidly, the blood supply can't keep up with it, and it starts dying back. In any case, I am very happy to hear the most recent news you shared about Joey and remain very hopeful for him.
Thanks again for the updates, Mommy.

Boogie, I continue to think of you and your family, too.

Cyn
cyngreen@candlefind.com

#52 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:20 AM

Now see Cyn, that makes perfect sense to me. Not trying to be a pessimist towards the naturalist but when I heard about the tumor dying I even asked my Mom if they ever died because they grew too fast. And this one did grow fast. Two weeks ago it was very tiny and now it is quite large.

Just a note about Joey's evening. Some of the family went to Red Robin with him (we did not go- long story) and my Step Sister (Joey's Aunt) called ahead to let them know a large group was coming and asked even though they didn't take reservations could they be prepared for them. She explained a little of the situation and why she was asking so Joey would not have to wait for an hour to be seated. Well they got there and Red Robin had a long table together with balloons tied to the chair. During the meal the Red Robin mascot came out with a special hat for Joey and a button with his name on it and more balloons. Then at the end of the meal they picked up the tab for all 20 people!

Just wanted to tell you that little story because we have been talking about Customer Service so much lately and this restaurant went out of their way to make Joey and his family feel special tonight. That speaks volumes to me about their customer service.

#53 User is offline   Cat01 

• Scent Diva
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:58 AM

That is absolutely the best story of customer service and compassion!

#54 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

mommy - this is a wonderful story. I am so glad this event was a success!

#55 Guest_candlefreak_*

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:45 AM

It is so nice to see that people do care and are so compassionate! You never know when it might be you or yours in a situation like this. Thanks so much for sharing and I send healing and uplifting thoughts everyday to help Joey and your families.

#56 User is offline   trep 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

That is a wonderful thing Red Robin did for Joey--there is one near us but I have never been there. I think I will give them some business after their show of compassion. Prayers and blue for you all today--may this be a wonderful day for you all with Joey feeling well and on the way to a full recovery. He sure has a lot of loving family, I can tell that from your posts.

Boogie, Cat, Patsy--blue still going for you and yours, too. May this be a blessed day for all of you.

#57 User is offline   fleur17 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

mommyluvsnoah, Thanks for sharing the Red Robin experience. There is good in this world. What a nice gesture... I am sure your family had a wonderful memorable evening.. lovely... :)

#58 User is offline   cyngreen2 

• Admin

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

Mommy, you aren't being a pessimist in any way. For whatever reason, his tumor is dying back, which means his body has less tumor to deal with. I pray that his continue to die and perhaps what the naturalist has recommended is helping the entire cause. I am always curious because there are so many things modern science still cannot explain.
What a wonderful story about Red Robin. Absolutely amazing. Shows there is still kindness and compassion in this world. Thank you for sharing that story.

Cyn
cyngreen@candlefind.com

#59 User is offline   mpfand 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationN. Las Vegas

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Red Robin is one of our favorite family restaurants. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

#60 User is offline   Maurie97 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:31 AM

Hi Mommy,
Thanks for that wonderful story about your nephews dinner today. What a kind gesture that was from Round Robin. Thanks for keeping us updated during this very trying time you are going thru. It must be hard, but know people are here to listen and offer kind words and prayer. I hope that the dying tumor will allow this child more quality time here with his family and that the rest of the little tumors start to shrink and go away as well. I totally believe in holistic medicine and hope that it pulls thru for Joey.

Take care dear.

• (36 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users