The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Scented Jewels for April Fools

Greetings ladies!

Coming home this morning. A minor flap going through Security, where they didn't like my package of tealight candles and searched my bag. But eventually they agreed that they, and I, were harmless, and we were allowed to pass.

Maggie, you-hoooooo! ???? Hope you are well!!

Michele, that's comforting to know that we say "jools" the same way! ???? I thought it was just a local thing.

Deb, yes, I remember going through Walmart years ago and seeing the wax melts... And I wondered, why would anyone spend money on that? ????????????????

Still celebrating the wax I have (and Michele, you put it well - there is so much to celebrate!). I did stop by BBW after work yesterday, on the inspiration of a sweet CF pal, and I purchased my first Wallflower - adorable turtle and fish shape and nightlight - with no scent capsule as yet, because of the dreaded Security... But I fear these could be another small addiction. ????

So, awaiting flight time and enjoying yet another Philadelphia pretzel - it's s good thing these are not available in Ohio, very tasty indeed.

Have a lovely day, all!

Good Morning!!

Amy-Glad you are headed home. I’m glad Security realized you were harmeless. My husband didn’t even get stopped last week with all that wax. I don’t get it.

I’m celebrating today by melting VCS Witch’s Chair. This is Vermont Honey Apple and Vanilla Lace.

Have a nice day all!!

Hi there [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

SarahCat ~ My favorite pierogies are the potato and cheese, but I do also like the kapusta ones. We pan fry them in butter with onions and serve with a dollop of sour cream. Yum!

Michelle ~ So happy you and your sister were able to be together during this difficult time.

Amy ~ I’m happy for you that you get to attend the retirement party! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Debra ~ I absolutely do remember seeing tarts for the first time. It was in 1993, when I went back home to Chicago to stand up in my oldest friend’s wedding. We went to a gift shop and I found these little smelly tarts. I bought a handful of them and just kept them in a pretty Polish crystal bowl to sniff for years. [smilie=th_laughing] I guess I eventually must’ve thrown them away. [smilie=th_thsecret]

VRC Pink Lovespell Lavender Gain ~ Half of this chunk has been going in my bedroom for two days. Even DH likes it and commented last night after it had already been going a full 24 hours! [smilie=th_sSig_what]

VRC Autumn’s Air

Bellissimo Coconut Cream Pie ~ A gift from a sweet CF friend [smilie=thank_you]

SB Sweet Berry Jam

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Melting a gift from a generous wax buddy, Creamy Blackberry Pie Crust from Semo. I don't really pick up on any fruit notes, but I definitely smell buttery, brown sugary bakery goodness. Really delicious. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hello All...

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday!

Amy...sorry to hear you were stopped for tea lights...that stinks....even when I'm guilty of nothing I feel so nervous! [smilie=th_th1ptgno] But Happy you are home safe and sound.

Honeybear...I love potato and cheese pierogis! One of my favorite things! I boil and flash fry them.... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] If Kapusta has cabbage....I've GOT to try them!

Mpfand...so glad to hear you had a wonderful week with your sister! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Michele...hey! That's not fair! [smilie=th_sad-1]

Debra...my sister found out about tarts and told me about them....of course I've taken them to a "whole new" level. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

I did a blind pull this afternoon so....

It's a Jack Skellington by She Loves Cake..vanilla butter mint, sugar cookies, toasted marshmallows and maple syrup. I think I'd like it better without the maple syrup. [smilie=th_stink]

Have a nice evening.

Maggie, me too! I look and feel guilty for no reason at all. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon And I am also ready for Friday.

Amy, I am curious to see which wallflowers you end up with. They have pretty good sales on those, and there are those coupons... [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Honeybear, funny that you kept the tarts in a bowl!

Michele, that VCS combo sounds like a very good one. I don't think I have have that blend before.

Tonight - Merlin's Forest - Cheryl's.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Melting a gift from a generous wax buddy, Creamy Blackberry Pie Crust from Semo. I don't really pick up on any fruit notes, but I definitely smell buttery, brown sugary bakery goodness. Really delicious. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Oh wow, that sounds yummy. I'm really loving fruit scents recently, maybe as we are now in Spring, I don't know.

Greetings all!

Arrived home yesterday noonish and found a new bus that goes directly from the airport to downtown Cincinnati for $2, such a deal! The retirement party for my old friend was a great success. It was a sudden package offer and he has no plan, which is worrisome, but he will sort it out.

Maggie, you know I'm over the moon over this wreath! You are so talented. And on that melt, I also would have to protest over that combination of buttermint and maple syrup.???? And yes...I always feel guilty in the security line... At the passport check... In customs... On trains...

Mpfand, you know, I'm sad to say that I'm finding the same thing, that SEMO melts don't seem to hold their scent well. They are pretty good right out of the box but I would say by six months they have lost their fragrance. This is sad because I love her scents, shapes, and small affordable packages, excellent shipping and customer service, sweet owner... ???? I hope she will continue to experiment with her wax.

Michele, how is it, that your husband sailed through with all that wax, but you and I get searched?? I guess, if there were ever two people who look like criminals, it would be us! ???? How did you like the vanilla lace with the honey?

Debra, I made the mistake of looking on eBay to see different past styles of BBW Wallflowers... Oh.... There are so many adorable aquatic creatures and Beach scenes... Seasonal nightlights...I wouldnt even need to buy the scent capsules because they would clash with my melts, but I love nightlights and already have many throughout the house so we don't fall over Clemmie in the night...I can see trouble ahead... Thank you for this...????

Honeybear, can you imagine that you just kept those melts in a bowl and then tossed them?! ???????? All this talk of pierogies is making me badly want some...

Susan, you are reminding me that I'm neglecting my OPT melts. I really enjoy many of her scents.

Sharon, I love fruit scents too and that has been the recent obsession. ????

Well this morning it's a delicious one:

Candles by Victoria Breath of Ireland - clover, ivy, floral, musk - absolutely fabulous and I may need to order more of this. A giftie from a generous CF pal - many thanks!!

Ahhhh Friday at last! Enjoy!

Amy, B&BW is dangerous. You've been warned.... ;) I love their wallflowers....and pretty much everything else. :rolleyes:

Melting Sage Leaf Aloe from BH&G. This is fantastic. More aloe and leaf than sage. Fresh and clean, not soapy. Must get more....

Enjoy the day, everyone. It's Friday! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Hee hee mpfand! I thank you, yes I can foresee that B&BW might be dangerous territory. I already make periodic skin cream purchases from them online, so this is just an increased feeling of suction. Glad to hear there are more Wallflower fans among us. I had always avoided that part of the store and apparently there was good reason. ????

Good evening and [smilie=th_bb20]

It's from the singles glass jar tonight..

Spiced Chai by Zeep...yum!

And Smoky Mountain Christmas...perfect for this cold rainy evening...although not sure how that jumped out of the Christmas box. [smilie=th_giggle]

Frosted Pumkin by Wax Workshoppe

All from a sweet CF pal...thanks! [smilie=th_00000020]

And upstairs Sleep Eaters by The Bunny Sisters

Goodnight. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Isn't if funny how Christmas ends up in the middle of everything, Maggie? I come across those in unexpected melt drawers also... :huh:

Amy, I hope you enjoy all the new B&BW finds...my newest is the foamy soaps. :wub:

mpfand - I need to find a Walmart and I need to find that scent! It sounds just about perfect for my sniffer! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Tonight is Saturday Eve!!! I am so ready for the weekend, it has been a challenging week... [smilie=yes]

Melting Luscious Plum - YC.

Good day all!!

Ahhhh Saturday and it's warming up!

Ooo Maggie, I love that Zeep Spiced Chai! It took a month of Sundays to cure, but then the pomegranate came through so beautifully. And to think I didn't like tea scents...I was so wrong.

Debra, you are right, the BBW foamy soaps are just glorious and I made a big purchase of those during the Christmas sales... They feel so creamy and luxurious!

Well it has been a meltathon around here, yesterday and today:

The Bathing Garden Pearls of the Ocean -from last summer, in a beautiful sand dollar shape - pink sugar, suntan lotion, SSA, sand, mandarin. This one was a big surprise - glorious scent and so strong in the living room I could hardly breathe. I would order again.

Savannah Blue Swim With the Mermaids - wonderful and strong - cucumber, sea salt, fresh cut grass. My kind of scent. This wax just gets better and better with cure time.

Swanky Miss Manners - oh, oh, oh! Fabulous scent! Tea and lemon and the lemon is so tart and juicy, a new favorite.

The Bathing Garden The Olive Lemon Grove - pleasant but this one just never bloomed, sadly.

Today in all the melters:

Swanky Watermelon Coconut Milk Cotton Candy - I looooove watermelon scents and this little pie fills the bill beautifully - I'm really in love with this vendor. Also a beautiful design with a little hairbrush on top. ????

Update - changed out the melters - Wax Workshoppe Cranberry Orange Jam, a gift from a dear CF friend, THANK YOU! - wow, this has also really blossomed over time, just gorgeous and strong.

All the flowers are peeking out of the ground. I do love this time of year. Enjoy, everyone!

Good morning...

It's Sniff My Tarts in Mrs Claus Cookies/Hot Apple Pie/Ice Cream Cake Batter...weird for April but doesn't smell like Christmas.

Have a good one. :)

Amy, this is the best time to take the pup for a walk, it is so fun to see all the new flowers coming up in all the yards! [smilie=th_blij47-1]

The birds are tearing up my planters with the Coco liners to use for nesting materials. It is fun to watch, but it is taking a tole on my patio décor! :huh:

Looks like it will be a burger and Netflix-type of night!

Melting ST - Hook.

Awww Debra...sorry that the birds are tearing up your landscaping!

Spent the morning and early afternoon rearranging my wax...needed to move the spring/summer scents out and put the fall/winter into hiding. Threw a bunch out that I just don't want to see again. [smilie=th_talktothehand]

It's Birthday by the Sea by OPT....forgot all about these OPT blends. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Goodnight all.

Greetings ladies!

Well, that was a choppy night. With the advent of spring come all the newborn critters - just at bedtime, a chorus of little coyote puppy voices set up outside in the field, upsetting the beloved Pyrenees farm dog one house down. He began barking and continued for hours. It is his job to guard his horses, and he does it well. Then at about 1 am, a group of baby barred owls began testing their new voices, which sound like a cross between hiccupping and a woman screaming. All of this had Clemmie on full alert, and she kept diving over my head to get to the window. So it was a lively time. ☕☕☕

Maggie, congratulations on switching out the seasonal wax, and also on getting rid of scents that aren't bringing you joy! ????️???????? Yes...OPT... Birthday by the Sea, wasn't that from the Maggie Collection? ????

Debra, LOL, I'm sorry the birds are messing with your landscaping... They are creative, aren't they? ???????? I've had them take apart several outdoor wreaths - not Maggie's! - and I truly believe they think I'm putting them out there just for them! And yes - this is definitely a wonderful time for dog-walking and flower-watching. ????????????????

Sharon, ooo, that Cashmere Woods sounds inviting...I do love cashmere blends!

Well the meltathon continues:

L3 Castaway - in the bedroom - coconut water, lime juice, lime leaves, lemongrass, rum, orange, musk. Just beautiful...strong... Like being in a little thatched hut by the sea with a fruity drink...

CFTKR Clementine Lavender - as usual this is gorgeous, strong, and perfectly blended. Adorable frosted flowers...Carol, you continue to amaze!

Cleanse Your Soul Monkey Farts - a giftie from a sweet CF friend - thank you, the delicious banana is wafting through the entire front of the house, beautiful!

Off to do laundry with coffee in hand. Have a restful Sunday everyone! ????

Good Afternoon!

Yes Amy...it is! OPT has blossomed for me over the year! The throw is wonderful and I can truly experience the blends now! I wasn't so crazy about this scent before but now I love it. When I went back to reorder my favs before she stopped accepting custom blends I didn't reorder this one. Now I'm bummed....but I do have extras of three of my others. ;) I'm so sorry to hear about your restless night! Gosh...every creature out there was causing a ruckus! I hope you can get a few winks today!

Today it's SGA downstairs...

Montage Bay

Unskinny Bop

Coconut Cream Beach Night Sugar Cookies

Upstairs it's...

Savannah Blue in Woodsmoke & Candy

Have a nice day. :)

Wow, Amy - that is a lot of night time entertainment! I don't believe I have heard baby owls before.

This weekend has gone too fast...I am not sure I will be ready for Monday. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Tonight it is Shortie's - Carnation. This one has been pretty realistic.

I must say, I really love all those vendor names you have over there.... and the names of the blends.

Morning all, another lovely day here, washing is in the machine and I'm just having a chilled breakfast.

Hi everyone! [smilie=snoopy]

Melting a gift from a sweet waxie buddy, Strawberry Chrusciki Cookies from Spotted Hog. This is very yummy, thank you! :wub: