The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Jingle Bells, My House Smells!

Hello All!

Been busy at work rehearsing for our Christmas shows and making wreaths. I really need to sit and blob but no rest for the weary they say. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Oh gosh Michele....another trip to the beach...that's not an easy drive but the things we gals will do for our waxies! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I hope there's just a little too many packages at the PO this time of year and your long awaited delivery arrives tomorrow..

Debra...I hope little Sophie is ok and she's just being fussy. Those smart little fur babies will drive us nuts! I'm sure you will get all your decorating done and everything will be fine. We just need more hours in the day! [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan...How much snow? [smilie=th_aa20] I hope your busy Sunday isn't too bad in the end,

Aria....I love the name Blue Christmas...there's something so appealing about it...sounds like a goodie too.

Amy...glad you are one day closer to going home! [smilie=th_c61]

Mpfand,,,have a wonderful time with your folks!! :confettistars:

Yesterday it was Rarified Air by GWW

And upstairs it's Drax by Supertarts

Now it's Peppermint by Jamie Claire...so old....not getting much and I used an entire 4oz clam.

Have a nice evening,

Hello dear ladies,

A long workday yesterday, after which I couldn't sleep. So today might be a bit challenging. Last night I continued with Illusions of the Labyrinth to try to take me off to dreamland, and while that didn't work, it smelled lovely.

Maggie, I hope you will be able to get some rest, and that you will soon get some relief from wreaths and concerts!

Debra, I hope Sophie Cat will soon resume eating normally. I think these little cats like to put us through our paces. Clemmie does the same from time to time and it adds to my gray hairs.

Michele, I hope your package will arrive soon. I also am awaiting a special one which seems to be hiding for the moment. ????

Susan - snow? Snow! How much? Is it beautiful, and is it lasting?

Mpfand, I hope that all is going well with your parents' visit.

I didn't melt at all this morning - a quick shower and back to work.

Take care all!

Hello, ladies!

Hope everyone is well and staying warm. I'm enjoying having my parents here. I've been cooking for them and spoiling them any way I can.

Melting Peppermint Rush from Scentsy.

Hello, my sweet friends! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Sorry, I’ve been MIA. Sunday was DH’s birthday so DD#1 flew in for a few days. We shopped, relaxed, worked on a Christmas puzzle, and just savored each other’s company. We did hit the Yankee store and with my BOGO coupon, we each got a large jar and then one free small. She got Christmas Wish and I got the new Poached Pear Flambe. Hoping this Pear is as special as the one you all are talking about! [smilie=yes]

Susan ~ How nice to have just a bit of snow. Pretty without the mess!

Mpfand ~ Enjoy your parents. They sound like they’re getting the royal treatment!

Debra ~ Hope Sophie decides to stop playing games and eat properly.

Maggie ~ Love your new word for relax...”blob”. So cute! Can I use it, please? :wub:

Michele ~ Enjoy nails and lunch today! Sounds like a relaxing day! You need it after all your running around. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Aria ~ Glad you’re enjoying the tarts! It’s sure a fun hobby.

Amy ~ Sorry to hear you’re not sleeping well. [smilie=th_empathy] Can’t wait till you’re home in your own bed!

Zeep I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus ~ not getting much here

SGA Lemon Lime Fizzy Pop ~ Put this on last night in our bedroom and DH asked what smells good. Today it’s needing to go because it’s starting to smell like Lysol.

Starlit Blackberry Sugar Cookies

BL Strawberry Pine Cone Wreath

Burning GC Cherry Blondie and Almond Biscotti. Trying to use these up so I can move on to some Christmas scents. LOL

Today is a mombo delivery day for me. Hope DH works late! [smilie=th_fear8] My $100 Front Porch, and SGA and Swanky Cyber Monday orders are all out for delivery. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Have a great day!

Hello All...

Honeybear... [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] Wax delivery days are the BEST! Hope you enjoy all your loot! [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your hubby! And...yes, we use "blob" since it's a pretty descriptive word for what we look like when we do it...lol. It's free of charge... [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Amy...I'm sorry you're not getting sleep but I hope tonight is better for you! I got a bit more sleep last night and decided to wait till after the weekend to bring more wreaths in. I've got to slow down.

Mpfand...ohhh, I love to hear that!! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

So today I put on another oldie but it's doing rather well...

Falling Snow by Candlewarmers

And picked up a Mainstays candle at Walmart since I have no Christmas candles right now and these deliveries seem to be hiding out in space. I think it's Frasier Fir but I'm not smelling much. Added lights that claimed to be Twinkling to my tree but they stink...they aren't twinkling, they are just turning on and off....no good. Have to go on the hunt for real twinklers.

Goodnight.

AmyJo, I hope as I type this you are off in dreamland! [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

mpfand, what a treat! Family visits are so special, especially during the holidays.

Maggie, those twinkles are frustrating, aren't they? My outside lights are supposed to have an occasional white twinkle - but seems only some of them light up at all! When they do work, it looks great!

[smilie=th_slider_hi5] Great delivery day, honeybear! How did you decide where to start!?

Tonight it is another Advent calendar selection that has Snickerdoodle in it.

Good morning all!

In better spirits today - coming home tomorrow!!!!!! :confettistars:

Last night sleep came easily [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] and the bedclothes were barely moved when I awoke this morning.

Debra and Maggie, I love the little twinkly lights but I remember the frustration of both my father and my grandfather in trying to negotiate with them. [smilie=th_shout]

Honeybear, what a haul! A multi-package day is always cause for celebration! :upssmiley1:

Mpfand - you are a wonderful daughter to spoil your parents like that. [smilie=th_aa21]

Susan, it sounds like that was enough snow to be beautiful but not so much as to snarl up all the traffic! [smilie=th_snoopy]

I didn't melt at all last night but all my clothes smell like a combination of TBG and SB, always a good thing. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Have a great Friday!

Amy, glad you got some good sleep and will be headed home soon.

I have boneless ribs in the crockpot so am enjoying that smell along with Vintage Christmas from Southbound. Thank you, sweet CF friend; this scent takes me back to my childhood memories of Christmas, specifically Christmas Eve at my grandparents. [smilie=cloud_9]

[smilie=th_hello]

Mpfand ~ Your dinner sounds yummy! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Amy ~ Glad to hear you were able to catch up on some sleep. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Debra and Maggie ~The Front Porch order was left on my front porch (haha), but my other two went to the mailbox and I didn’t get down there until today. Just didn’t feel well yesterday to go. Everything smells so good, though, now that I’ve had a chance to sniff! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Susan ~ That Marshmallow Man sounds familiar. I wonder if I have that one in my stash. [smilie=th_scratch] How was it?

BL The Santa Clause ~ Cider Donut Milkshake topped with a Vanilla Frosted Graham Cracker

BL Christmas with the Rockettes ~ Serendipity Peppermint Cream Candles

Homemade Candy Apple Sleigh Ride Zucchini Bread

Burning B&BW Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow and GC Pumpkin Cider. That Twisted Peppermint candle is one strong candle! I actually had to blow it out for a while because it was overtaking everything everywhere!

Good evening!

Glad you are homeward bound, AmyJo!

I am hoping that tomorrow will be productive. I've made a list and I am checking it twice! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Tonight it is another advent calendar scent - this one with eggnog and vanilla wafers.

Hello dear ladies!

At the airport and ready to fly. I'm so so happy to be coming home!

Maggie, you hope that you are going to get some well-earned rest this weekend. ????

Michele - I hope you are well, busy lady!

Honeybear, your peppermint candle sounds scrumptious and I'm glad it was strong.

Mpfand - ribs in the Crock-Pot?!! Ohhhhh I'll be right over. ???? Your parents are so lucky.????

Susan, I have a sample of that CFOW Marshmallow Man and now I want to melt it.

Debra, I admire your good planning, good luck with the list, and if it doesn't all get done, tomorrow is another day! ????

Time to go - melted Colonial Candle Emerald Fir last night, a giftie from a dear CF pal, thank you!! - and it got me ready for my trip home.

Love to all!

Good Morning All!

Safe travels to you Amy!! Glad you are coming home. Hope it was a productive week for you.

My week has been extremely busy. I haven’t been home to melt much. I’m having a Christmas party tonight. It’s been hectic getting ready for that plus I had 2 holiday parties to attend. We went to dinner Thursday with my book club and did a gift exchange and yesterday was our Christmas bowling luncheon.

DH is home this weekend and tonight is the party. He’s going to be helping me do some setting up later.

Melting SB Oh Christmas Tree from a sweet CF friend. It’s smells wonderful !

Yesterday it was Ashland Country Lodge and VCS Fezziwig’s Christmas Party.

Honeybear-Hope you are feeling better.

Debra-I make lists too. I feel I am more productive that way.

Mpfand-I love cooking in the crockpot.

Susan-those scents you are melting sound great.

Maggie- wax delivery days are the best! My long overdue VCS Thanksgiving Day order arrived. I had almost given it up for lost.

Have a geat day everyone!!

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Debra ~ Hope you can make a dent in your list. I’m not getting anything done. I need to get this puzzle out of here! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Susan ~ Your candle is making me feel like baking! And that’s something I rarely do anymore. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Amy ~ Bet your DH and fur babies can’t wait to see you! ❤️

Michele ~ You are amazing! How do you do it all?! [smilie=th_allah] Enjoy your wonderful party this evening!

Melting some pumpkin VCS wax from July 2017. Two are light and one I was sitting right next to and couldn’t smell at all. [smilie=grrr]

VCS Headless Great Pumpkin

VCS Spirit Seance

VCS Ghosts & Apparitions ~ dud

ST Mixed Berries Birthday Cake ~ my own potion pack blending

Have a good day!

[smilie=th_autumboy] Hi Buddies! Brrr….it has been a cold week. A stay inside day, but lots had to be done! It seems to all involve spending money! :huh:

Once I got back in of the cold, I re-watched part of Downton Abby. Mainly to look at the gorgeous clothes! It would be amazing to wear clothes like that.

Welcome home, AmyJo! I hope you are home now for the Holidays?

Michele, you are a busy gal! Reading anything you like for your bookclub?

Well, with the cold weather I have been chasing the scents around again, I do believe that my smells are going up the stairs where no one smells them again. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]. Tonight it is CFTKR - Flowerbomb. I will get back to Holiday scents tomorrow.

Hello all!

Reporting in to say I got home about an hour ago!

There was a lovely gift box from a sweet pal waiting for me and it's like an early Christmas. I've got Scentsy Casting Spells in the warmer - THANK YOU!

It was a long day with a lengthy overlay/connection but it all worked out. DH and the furry mob do seem pleased!

More in the morning but I wanted to say goodnight to all of you.

[smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol Home Amy! Glad you are back safe and sound.

Debra...I truly enjoyed that series...so sad I can't watch more!

Michele...you are so busy...but all good things so that's nice! I hope you enjoyed your party!

Mpfand...ribs? [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Seems there's always something good cooking at your house!

Received two boxes this weekend...Goosecreek and B&BW...I ❤️ Wax. ;)

Today has been wonderful gifts from a sweet CF pal...

Oh Christmas Tree

Vintage Christmas

Winter Palace

All Southbound and all amazing and strong

And upstairs it's VCS The Spirit of Bob Hope

In the workshop it's been VRC Pumpkin Apple Zucchini that been going since December 3rd at 8 hours a day. Pretty powerful.

Goodnight.

Have a great evening.

Good morning all!

I am so happy to be home. There are just no words! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Clemmie has been trying to sleep on DH and he um, reacts to her kneading his neck, I can't understand why. :blink: Apparently the beagles have been getting a little food-protective so I had a short discussion with them this morning.

Michele, I have been thinking about you giving your fabulous Christmas party and I hope you will share some details with us! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Maggie, I will be sending good thoughts for your Christmas programs this week!! [smilie=th_ef7d03c7]

Susan, that Lemon Butter Poundcake sounds scrumptious. In fact, I could use some of that with my coffee right now!

Debra, I need to watch Downton Abbey because anything with Maggie Smith is right up my alley. And I agree with you, with the furnace on, the scents are lurking in corners again. [smilie=th_scratch]

Honeybear, do you think VCS needs to be melted within one year? I'm sorry those didn't throw well for you.

Well I have every melter going. It is so lovely to be able to melt more than one thing at a time!

So this morning it's:

OPT 'Tis The Season - eggnog and spices - very nice indeed.

Colonial Candle Emerald Fir - I have a little addiction going here.

SB Vintage Christmas - ribbon candy, tea, Christmas spices - well this is going to have to be stocked every year, I can see that. [smilie=th_LOVE]

OPT A Walk in the Woods - can't find scent description but it smells like leaves and spices, lovely.

This morning I took pictures of every drawer of wax that I have. There is a staggering amount, considering that all of this was accumulated in just one year. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon It is all beautiful and I am slowing down and enjoying each and every piece. On a positive note, the last wax I ordered was on Nov 15, which has to be a record, and I don't have any more orders hanging out there, which also has not been true since January. I'm sure there is enough wax here to last a year. We shall see how this goes.... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

Good Morning All!

My party was a huge success. Everyone had a nice time and there’s not that much food left over.

Heading out soon. We have a luncheon honoring a friend for her work with the Food Pantry. Should be nice. Everything here is pretty much put away.

My DH is very helpful. We had a server who cleaned everything before she left and I got to enjoy my party.

Amy- I did the same thing yesterday. I took pictures of all my wax. It’s a reality check. I need to enjoy each and every thing.

I had an exceptionally busy last few weeks. I actually put 1000 miles on my car in the last 3 weeks. Crazy. I’m glad that this week is relatively quiet for me. I just want to stay home. I do a lot of Christmas shopping online and have yet had time to open anything. That’s my project this week. I want to open my orders, box them and start wrapping.

DH leaves tonight so I’m a little bummed. Next time he’s home is in 2 weeks and he will be home 12 days. I’m happy for that.

I’m melting VCS Carol of the Bells which was a gift from a CF friend.

Have a great day all!

Good morning, ladies [smilie=th_blij51]

Amy, glad you are home and enjoying your waxies. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Michele, sounds like your party was a good time for everyone. [smilie=yes] That was great to have someone come in to help out and your DH sounds like a keeper. :D Glad he'll be home again soon.

I guess I do cook quite alot...tonight is homemade chicken pot pie and baked apples. You are all welcome to stop by and join us. ;)

Melting Home For The Holidays from Sonoma.

Have a good one [smilie=th_snoopy]

Hello....

Mpfand...yummy....if I lived about 2,500 miles closer...I'd be there!! :sSig_heeheehee:

Amy...Thanks! And good for you...that's great self control! [smilie=th_bb40]

Michele...great news that your party was a success!! [smilie=th_clap1] Lucky that you have a helpful DH....that's a rare commodity in these parts... [smilie=th_cha69]

It's a wonderful gift from a sweet pal...Snowday by Colonial Candle...this is wonderful and filling my home. [smilie=th_snoopy]

And upstairs it's Sweeney Todd by L3...another goodie.

Downstairs will have to be changed....just don't know what yet. [smilie=th_insane]

Have a good one. :)

Michele - how great to have help for your party! I tend fuss around at parties, I even find myself tidying up at other people's parties! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

AmyJo and Michele - wax pictures would be interesting! I am sure my DS would want to use mine for blackmail! [smilie=th_thlaughter]

Mpfand, you are quite the chef! Lots of yummy things in your house!

Whoa, Maggie, that is one long-lived tart!

Today is Cheryl's Christmas Magic, one I like but no longer available.

Good morning everyone!

Michele, I am so tickled for you, that your Christmas party was a big success! Of course it was, because you're the one who did it! [smilie=th_happy096] How smart to hire a server so you could actually enjoy the party too! And yes - you have been the road warrior of late. I'm sorry your DH has to go away again and hopefully Christmas will come quickly and he will be home soon.

Debra - I do the same thing at other people's parties - first of all, I always worry that the host/hostess will be left with a big mess, plus groups of people make me a little nervous, so it is a great thing to just start cleaning up. This is not always appropriate. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Maggie, CC Snow Day is another one I will have to stock in bulk. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Mpfand, you are our own personal Chef. Chicken Pot Pie? I'm with Maggie...distance is a bit of an issue...we should organize a road trip and arrive in time for dinner. [smilie=th_aa17] It all sounds fabulous!

I guess I have been saturating the air at home...Yesterday was hospital day and when I arrived, one of the nurses said, "You smell like Christmas!" :D

Well today it's:

SB Santa Snacks - sugar cookies and whipped cream, delish.

Colonial Candles Blue Spruce - another winner - just wonderful fir scent. So in love with this vendor so far. Very soft wax and it makes a mess to get it out of the little box, but I don't care, fabulous.

Enjoy your Monday and stay warm!