The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

It's a beautiful morning here in sunny AZ! And I'm, once again, burning my Goosecreek Toasty Hot Toddy and melting the same. I have Mainstays Apple Pumpkin burning in the kitchen. I like that scent a lot, but it doesn't seem to have much throw, but today it's smelling stronger to me. Hmm... Like a lot of other people, I've had mixed results with Mainstays. The price is so enticing! I really love Mulled Cider and have a bunch of it hoarded. I'll start burning it soon. And Cozy Comfort is another one I really like.

Maggie, I love Goosecreek and the Cinnamon Donuts sounds yummy! I had to look up McCalls Country Store too, and that sounds right up my alley. You all are introducing me to so many new vendors! I want it all! t2802.gif

AmyJo, oh boy do I hear you on wanting to be "alone". I tend toward introversion and sometimes people just exhaust me. Some people REALLY exhaust me! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I, too have had packages get to my city and then re-route far, far away. Not fair! I hope it arrives soon! And Trader Joe's? You won't be sorry you went, even if you don't even look at candles. They have SO much great stuff, and especially this time of year. Pumpkin everything!

Debra, bummer about forgetting the candles at TJs! I saw a couple of fall fragrances in the flyer I want to try out this year and need to make a trip. Hope kitty is feeling better. How is it looking for your projects? smileys-painting-887798.gif

Candlelove, how fun to meet up with a CF pal! I hope you guys enjoy your get-together. Glad you enjoyed the TJs Vanilla Pumpkin. That SGA Fresh Baked Bread and Lattes sounds craving inducing! Hope you're not low-carbing! graphics-bread-974654.gif graphics-coffee-264680.gif

Rain: no problem. Cable lines: big problem, they were cut by the landscaper. So no internet for a few days. I am not good at posting via the phone so I may have to be a stalker for a bit!

Carolooni, I'm in North Las Vegas so similar climate as what you have. Today is simply gorgeous; beautiful sunshine and temps in the low 80's. I agree with you on TJ. Love all their pumpkin stuff this time of year! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I also love your emojis! They're so cute!

Honeybear, I hope your new kitty is settling in nicely. [smilie=yes]

Oh no, Debra! :o That's terrible. :blink: Hope they can get it fixed quickly.

Melting a gift from a sweet CF friend, Blueberry Boy Bait from Golden Willow Waxes. Delicious. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Hello!! TGIF!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Michele...Exciting to be meeting a fellow waxie!! Lucky gals....have a wonderful time!

Amy....I'm sorry about your package...that happened to me once or twice and is very annoying! It did show up eventually. Sorry your week was so crazy...hope you get to relax this weekend! ;)

Debra...glad your painting is going forward but "rats" on that wire snafu!! When we got cable, they cut our sprinklers. Then when the guys came back to fix the sprinklers, they cut the cable line! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Hope it's fixed quicky for you!

Carolooni...yup!! This place is wicked for enabling....sorry 'bout that! LOL McCalls is such a great candle! ????

Tonight it's Donut Shop by CFOW and Coastal Waters by OPT

Have a great Evening!

Hi All!

Debra-That’s too bad what happened with the cable lines. Hope ithey are fixed quickly.

Carolooni- all SGA latte blends smell great.

Maggie - I am looking forward to tomorriw. I’m sure we will have a wonderful time.

Going to see A Star is Born tomorrow night. I bought the tickets today. Anyone else planning on seeing it this weekend?

Have a great evening all!

Good evening ladies!!

Well, the good news is, my package has come back from California, yay! It's back in Cincinnati so hopefully tomorrow it will come to our little town. I can't blame it for taking a little side trip..it just wanted to see the ocean.

Maggie, TGIF is right!!! Sometimes the week feels like a series of tests to get through.

Carolooni, your emojis are just too adorable. Where in the world did you find those?? And Maggie is right .. It's so hard to resist the goodies everyone is talking about on here, and when waxie fever strikes - look out! LOL

Speaking of which, with all the Trader Joe's conversation going on, I did stop by there today for my first time ever, and to my amazement, a bunch of candles fell into my bag! I got the Pumpkin Vanilla and Honeycrisp Apple, both delicious-smelling. I was hurrying from one place to another so I didn't shop the whole store. But I'm very happy with those candles so thanks everybody for the great enabling!!

Michele, your clothes shopping sounds exciting, how fun to have a few new pieces for fall! And yes! I am dying to see A Star Is Born - I love the story and I love Lady Gaga. My dear DH sounded less than enthused when I mentioned it so that may be an issue... We shall see what can be accomplished.

Debra, I'm very sorry that your cable wires were cut!! You gotta love these guys... Hopefully it will all be resolved soon ..

Well I'm off to bed, tomorrow is really something to look forward to, meeting my pal!! We'll report back.

Sleep tight all!!

Good morning!

Melting Pumpkin S'mores Latte from BH&G. I must get more if this....even though it will mean another trip to Wal-Mart. Not my favorite store. :wacko:

Have a good day [smilie=th_hema1]

Happy Saturday morning! Hope everyone has a nice weekend ahead.

I'm still melting GC Toasty Hot Toddy this morning.

Debra, so sorry to hear of all the mishaps. Being w/o the internet is a BUMMER!

Mpfand, I hear you about Walmart. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I've been buying Mainstays, but I need to explore the BH&G soon too. I'm glad you like my emojis! I get carried away with them sometimes. t1808.gif

Maggie, you ain't kidding about enabling! Oh boy, I'm in trouble! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Candlelove, can't wait to hear what you think of A Star is Born. Enjoy!

AmyJo, glad to spread the enabling around with the TJs! Honeycrisp Apple sounds great - must get...must get...My emojis? I just find them around online. I have a problem with them... [smilie=th_create]

Hi Cookielady! Another SH afficianado...I really must put an order together!

Have a great Saturday!

Popping in with a quick hello to say our new baby kitten is everything we envisioned and more! :wub:

Enjoy your brunch, Amy and Michele! How fun!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Debra ~ Darn on the cable being cut! Hope it’s a quick fix.

CFOW Blowin’ In The Breeze ~ Thanks to a sweet CF friend. [smilie=thank_you]

CFOW Cake Batter

CFOW Coffee House and Tea & Cakes

Burning PL Maple Walnut

Off to play with this energetic kitty! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hello dear ladies!

Well, today something wonderful happened - Candlelove (Michele) and I got to meet! We met at a Bob Evans and had brunch, and we [smilie=th_giggle] and we :sFun_blahblah: and we [smilie=th_cuddle-1] and we [smilie=th_blij51] and we [smilie=th_slider_hi5] , and I think we would have even [smilie=th_ef7d03c7] and [smilie=th_ahaaha] but we were in a restaurant. We also compared our :toppoints: about wax and we even brought :upssmiley1: for each other. It was also a beautiful day and so it was a grand success, and we are planning more of the same.

We also said, it would be a fine thing for this board to have a big get-together, yes?? So I think we should all start plotting.

In other fine news, my long-lost package was finally delivered this morning to the PO Box, so I am ecstatic. Even the Post Office lady was wondering how on earth it traveled out to California. This was six Southbound bags of beautiful, endearing shapes from the pre-order, so I am thrilled. Everything smells gorgeous.

Maggie! That Donut Shop from CFOW sounds enticing - did it throw well? I'm eager to see your new Fall wreaths on Etsy - the birds have nearly picked my Fall wreath bare!

Honeybear, I'm so glad your new kitten is lively and starting to put her new "staff" to work, LOL. It sounds as though she is full of energy and love.

Carolooni, I laughed out loud to hear that you have a "problem" with your emojis! I think most of us here have a problem with a few things!

Debra, how is life off the grid? When will your internet be fixed, do you think?

Susan!! Good to "see" you! And yes - another Spotted Hog fan! I *may* have placed another small order...Debra got me all re-excited about the Candy Corn, LOL...

Well today a little bird told me that Swanky had an opening...I had vowed, vowed not to buy another thing this month...but somehow a tin of Lavender Paris jumped into my cart! Just by magic!

OK I am off to melt this lovely gift my brunch buddy gave me - Lucky Luciano by VCS - she has me pegged, because this scent is just beautiful - Sweet Lime Mandarin!! Ohhhhhhhh it's beyond wonderful - thank you!!

OK I have exhausted my emoji allotment and have received a warning from the emoji police, plus this is another Encyclopedia Brittanica posting. So have a lovely evening everyone!! [smilie=group_hug]

Hi All!

What a wonderful day!!! Amy and I had a wonderful get together. We had so much to talk about. I actually felt like we had met before. We had no lull in our conversation and it was so nice to finally meet. Amy is just as lovely in person as she sounds on the board. She brought ne wonderful presents that I can’t wait to melt. We will probably meet up again in March when I’m in Ohio for a lengthy visit. We really need to plan a Candlefind get together. I would love to meet everybody. Maggie, we are next. We live so close and have never gotten together.

No melting for me today. DH and I are going to dinner soon and then to see A Star is Born.

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great evening everybody!

Yay Amy and Michele! Sounds like a waxie meetup success!! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 So glad for you!

Michele..how was the movie? And...yeah....that sounds like a plan! ;)

Debra...I hope everything gets fixed for you soon...missing ya on the board!

Amy...hooray for your package finally arriving...whew...glad it's done traveling. Lol. The CFOW was delicious and it threw pretty good. ????????

Honeybear...little kitty is in the house!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Today has been Perfect Pumpkin Pie by Spotted Hog

And downstairs in the workshop is CFTKR Pistachio Fluff Zucchini Bread

Have a great day. :)

Good Morning All! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Happy Sunday.

Debra...I forgot to mention...I hope your kitty is doing better. I know getting the meds into our little fur babies can be difficult! [smilie=th_catkiss]

This morning it's Open Waters by SGA....interesting berry scent...think I'm lovin it!

Upstairs it's Keep Calm Eat Cake by Zeep...yummy.

In the workshop it's still the Pistashio Fluff ZB...delicious.

Have a great day. [smilie=th_happy]

Good Morning!

Hope everyone is doing well.

A Star is Born was a great movie. I loved Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga together. Highly recommend.

Honeybear-Glad you are enjoying your new kitty!

Melting today SB Vanilla Wafers from a lovely CF friend.

Have a great day all!

[smilie=The_Hi]

Michele and Amy ~ I knew you two would have a wonderful time! I would love to meet you all some day. [smilie=th_aa17]

Debra ~ Hope you’re making do okay without internet. We are so spoiled these days.

This kitty is too precious for words! :wub: It is amazing how quickly she has integrated into our household! Almost as if she has been here before. [smilie=th_giggle] She is so much like our Zoe, it’s uncanny.

CFOW The Wedding Singer ~ Let Them Eat Cake Pink Chiffon Vanilla Lace ~ really yummy!

CFOW Salt Water Taffy

I did some major damage at Swanky yesterday. [smilie=th_paper-bag] All for some of that Lavender Paris a sweet CF friend sent me a while back. I fell in love. [smilie=th_LOVE]

It was so nice waking up to a thunderstorm this morning. Only a high of 76 today in gorgeous Arizona. What a treat!

Have a great day all!

Michele and Amy, that is so neat that you two were able to meet! I'm glad you had a good time. :D I would love to get together with all of you!

Honeybear, I'm happy kitty is settling in so well. :)

Melting Dancing Leaves from ScentSationals.

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!

Today our road is being blacktopped. There are many trucks going back and forth and the usual silence has been interrupted. Clemmie is not impressed with this and keeps staring disapprovingly out at the workmen. [smilie=th_cha66]

Maggie, your wreaths on Etsy are just too beautiful - you've been working hard.

Debra - how is the house/yard work coming? We miss you! [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Michele - I'm glad you enjoyed the movie! My dear DH made a face when I brought it up again so I will grab a friend and go sometime.

Honeybear, I'm so glad the little kitty is doing well!! That's interesting that she is so much like your Zoe.

Susan, sage and citrus sound just right for Fall!

Mpfand, I agree, we all have to figure out a way to meet!

Well I surely am enjoying all of the Fall scents! Yesterday was:

SH Cranberry Grapefruit Whippet - very tangy!

SH Cinnamon Rolls - I actually *ahem* ordered more of these little guys last week...I can't live without them.

Trader Joe's Honeycrisp Apple Candle - a giftie from a sweet CF pal! - sooooo delicious!

And this morning it's:

CFTKR Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - in a gorgeous, warty gourd shape which I hated to cut - just lovely, smooth, delicious.

In my office:

Fox Willow Grape Fanta - another giftie from a sweet CF pal! - I love my fizzy scents and this one is strong and scrumptious.

I hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Good Morning!

Since the hubby is going golfing this overcast morning....unless it starts to rain...I think I'll switch out my wax cabinet! It's a fun job but it takes a while and I can't have him home while all the wax is out of hiding!! [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Thanks Amy...you are so kind! [smilie=th_smilies-2] Yes, I've been in the workshop all weekend and I love it. ????

Honeybear...great news! [smilie=th_blij81] I'm glad your littlest member of the family has settled in so nicely! Does she have a name yet?

Susan...love that scent and don't melt it enough!!

Mpfand...ohhhh...what's Dancing Leaves smell like? Cute name!

It's Cozy Little House by Satin Suzie

And Apple Zucchini Bread by Swanky

Have a great day!

Good morning ladies! What a beautiful weekend it was here in Arizona with the clouds and the rain and the mid-70s temps. Per-FEC-tion.

smileys-autumn-463376.gif

I love reading all your posts and it sounds like you all have known each other forever and send each other presents and meet up for brunch. It's so much fun!

Being a noob here I have to ask....you all seem to have so many candles and melts to choose from and change out so often. I'm extremely jealous. t2824.gif

If this question is out of bounds...just say so! Do you all order or shop from multiple vendors regularly? Would you say you buy something new every month, or even more often? I feel like my budget precludes me from exploring as much as I'd like to with new vendors, and there are SOOOO many I'd like to explore! How do you all manage it?!?

I have the feeling you guys have been serious wax fans for a long time, and may have added to your collections over a period of years. I've been a candle lover for a long time too, but have just recently gotten more serious about it. I can tell I've got some catching up to do with you experts!

Okay, moving on.

Maggie, I have to know since I've seen a couple of references to your fall wreaths and your etsy shop. Can you tell me what your shop name is? I'd love to look you up there! I had to laugh when you said you had to keep your wax in hiding from your hubs.

AmyJo, hope your newly coated road will be smooth and quiet. Our street had that done a year or so ago, and traffic noise was way reduced. But it sure is smelly and inconvenient on the day(s) they do it!

Honeybear, so glad your new kitty is such a joy! Can we post pictures here? I'd love to see her!

Cookielady, Sage & Citrus is one of my favorite fragrances!

Candlelove, so glad the movie was so good. I love Bradley Cooper too!

Debra, gosh I hope your internet will be back up soon. Hope you're able to at least lurk and get your fix. Hope kitty is better too!

Mpfand, I had to look up Dancing Leaves and it sounds so good! Did you like it?

Great day everyone!

[smilie=th_hello]

Carolooni ~ I have been a waxaholic for a very long time. I was hooked my first time melting Partylite Pumpkin Spice votives in the Fall of 2001. I became a consultant and did that several years, then started making my own goodies as well as ordering from many vendors online. It’s one aspect of my “homemaking” to decorate and scent our home. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I am in Chandler so I think that definitely means we can arrange a meet up somewhere in the middle. [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan ~ My Dad’s favorite was Sage and Citrus. Thanks for reminding me of him.

Mpfand ~ I think I smelled that Dancing Leaves at Walmart the other day, but I did well in restraining myself and didn’t buy anything.

Maggie ~ Have fun in the wax cabinet! My DH claims to be in support of my habit, but I sometimes think it’s just because he doesn’t realize exactly how much wax I have. [smilie=th_giggle]

We’re calling the baby Sophie, but DD#2 will be here Wednesday night, and she’s rooting for Suki.

CFOW Strawberry Passion Mango Lemonade

CFOW Captain Crunch Berries

PL Golden Leaves ~ I chopped up the last of my candle and threw it in a warmer and it smells awesome!

I’m headed this afternoon for an ultrasound on my leg to look at an internal varicose vein. I had laser surgery in 2012, but it’s really bothering me in another spot, and my right foot has been swollen.

Have a good day!

Hi ladies! [smilie=The_Hi]

We're having perfectly beautiful fall weather. Sunny and in the 70's. It was such a treat to open the windows this morning when it was only 60 degrees!

Dancing Leaves had a musky smell associated with a big pile of fallen leaves and a hint of sweetness. I liked it very much!

Honeybear, I hope everything is alright with your leg. :unsure:

Carolooni, I've been obsessed with scent for as long as I can remember. I only use melts since DH isn't a fan of candles. He doesn't say anything about my wax stash as long it's only melts. [smilie=th_giggle] I'm happy to comply, and in fact, I prefer melts, too. I think Honeybear put it perfectly "It's one aspect of my homemaking to decorate and scent our home." I feel the exact same way. As far as how often I purchase, it really does vary, but I tend to pick up a few new scents at the beginning of each new season. ;)

Melting a gift from a lovely CF pal, Pumpkin Crunch Pie from CFTKR. This didn't have a strong cold smell, but once melted it is filling every little corner if the house! Absolutely delicious. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Hello Again....

Honeybear...I'm sorry to hear about the pain in your leg and I hope the ultrasound gives you some answers! I finished switching seasons in the wax cabinet in record speed and managed to throw away 5 boxes! It seems I have a BIT MORE Fall wax than Summer wax. At least most of it fits into the cabinet! Sophie or Suki are adorable names.

Mpfand...yay for the cooler weather....I'm looking forward to some here! Thanks for the description of Dancing Leaves...will have to take a sniff.

Carolooni...I've been buying wax for a loooooong time and I don't use it all up before the next season so it gets packed away until the next year. I still buy new but I've cut down a lot...I could place 3 orders in one day or go a few months without buying. I have a bunch of favorite vendors but I always like to try new places too! :) My shop is on Etsy called: My Welcome Wreath.

Still melting the same scents...wonderful.

Hi All!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

I’m melting SB Pumpkin Spiced Apple from a lovely CF friend. I’m loving the Fall scents. It’s summer weather here today at 87 degrees. I’m burning TJ Vanilla Pumpkin and burning VC Vanilla Pear in the bedroom.

Honeybear-Hope your leg is okay. Both your name choices for the new kitty are so cute.

Carolooni - I have been a wax addict for a very long time. I used to burn just candles and actually was introduced to the world of melts when I found this board 10 years ago. I have way too much wax now and I’m trying to stay on a ban to try to get through some of what I have. I sometimes go on ordering frenzies placing many orders in a small amount of time. Sometimes I order sporadically but I tend to buy in bulk. This is a very addicting hobby and always a lot of fun to try new scents and vendors.

Mpfand-Glad you are enjoying the cooler weather. My favorite weather is the 60’s and 70’s temps. Wish it could be like that all year round.

Debra- we miss you here. Hope your internet is fixed soon.

Have a great night all!,