The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Try to Remember the Scents of September

Good morning [smilie=th_blij51]

Doing a short post this morning. I tend to waste a lot of time goofing around in the morning when I should be actually trying to accomplish something.

Melting a blend of two FP scents this morning... Macintosh Apple and Nutmeg & Spice

Enjoyed SGA Sugar Cookie Latte yesterday and threw in a bit of NENE's Persimmon Spice... OMG Heavenly!!! [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

Placed an order for some Bathing Garden waxies, a sugar scrub and whipped soap last night.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hello dear ladies!

Well, another steamy morning but tomorrow it is supposed to cool down. I am ready for cooler weather...

Michele, I'm so glad the VCS Cream Cheese Cookie Monster is doing well for you. I do love her Cookie Monster scent so much!

Debra, there is nothing like a Monday off to completely throw me off as to what day it is, so I'm right there with you being confused. And thank you SO MUCH for the encouragement on the wax "pause" - I can't really call it a ban if I'm going to purchase as soon as that TBG Winter Collection is released - but I feel so much better to have broken the ordering frenzy.

Aria and mpfand, those FP scents sound lovely. And Aria tell, tell! what did you order from The Bathing Garden - did you get some fabulous scents? [smilie=th_aa17]

Well, I let that TBG Summercream Pudding go as long as it could, which was much of last evening, all night, and part of this morning, and it was so beautiful, I hated to see it end. I do have another clam of that and will save it for a special day. There was a tiny little summer hat embed, so adorable.

So right now it's:

TBG Take Me to the Sea - lemon, grapefruit, sea salt, SSA, beach wood, light floral - so beautiful - next year I will get multiple clams of this.

Have a lovely day all -

Greetings!

Aria...yes, that Persimmon Spice scent is amazing! ❤️

Michele...I'm crazy about organization so I think I'd loose my top moving everything back and forth...I'm terrible during a move until everything is in its place. However, staying at the beach seems like it would be soooooo worth it!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Hope it goes well for you.

Keep it up Amy!! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I like your waxie words..."pause" sounds much better than "ban"!

So today has been Spiced Pear by CFTKR in my workshop

And downstairs it's VRC Farmers Market, VRC Fresh Pickins and Woofwicks MAC Apple, Caramel Peanuts & Roasted Nuts. I can't remember what I have on upstairs...my brain. [smilie=th_confused3]

Have a good day. :)

Hi!

Maggie-I didn’t realize how much I had ordered over the summer and I came back with a lot more wax than I brought there. I’m really in a frenzy today trying to figure out a way to neatly organize this wax. I think I’m going to clean out my cabinet I had bought for my kitchen to store wax. It’s so much easier to melt when everything is organized. I have a cabinet here of wax already and there’s no room. I even went to Homegoods this morning to find some nice decorative baskets with some tops that I could use as fireplace decor. Nothing.

It will be my weekend project. I will need something to keep me busy since DH won’t be home this weekend.

AmyJo- I like your choice of words for the wax ban. Pause sounds so much better. I love the VCS Cookie Monster scent too.

I had to think twice today what day it was. I’m so confused.

Popping in for a quick [smilie=th_hello]

Michele ~ Sending big hugs! My heart goes out to you with the separations from your DH. [smilie=th_empathy]

And as for the bags of wax, I sort of saw all of mine in one spot when we moved (though it has grown substantially over the past six months [smilie=th_oops_] ) At first. I said i wasn’t going to let the movers pack any, but since it was December, I changed my mind. Less anxiety for me seeing it all in one spot! Still, it took up a good amount of space in the Uhaul we drove here.

OPT Spiked Citrus ~ Thanks to a sweet CF pal ????

HM Circus Concession ~ Going on day three [smilie=th_thank_you]

Burning PL Mulled Harvest Spice

Enjoying time with DD#1. Today it’s hanging out, British Baking Show, and possible pedicures, with my famous pot roast on the menu for dinner per her request. [smilie=cloud_9]

Hi [smilie=The_Hi]

Maggie, I love a good spiced pear scent. I imagine CFTKR makes an amazing one! The last good one I had was from Yankee and that was years ago.

Honeybear, glad you're enjoying your time with DD. :)

Michele, I could spend all day in Home Goods. [smilie=th_pardon] Hope you find a way to organize it all that works well for you.

Busy day getting ready to leave tomorrow. We are going to Disneyland to celebrate DD's birthday. She will be 21 tomorrow. Time never went so fast until I had kids. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Melting Pomegranate Bergamot from Essenza.

I am also a Persimmon Spice fan! [smilie=th_LOVE]

mpfand - enjoy Disney! I am anxious to see the new Pixar area.

Michele - have fun organizing! I get slowed down because I have to sniff so much! [smilie=bagover]

Tonight - K's Kreations - Jumpin' Java Fluff.

Good morning all!

Day 6 of my ordering "pause," so far so good and thanks everyone for the encouragement. Making headway on finishing up the summer scents. I am saving one box of TBG ocean shapes to get me through the frigid months.

Also have made my way through all of the closets over the last month and have just one to finish sorting out what to get rid of. Next will be our storage locker...if I haven't needed anything from there in the last year, it is doubtful that it is needed at all. It's a good feeling to lighten the load.

Maggie - oh that spiced pear does sound divine...I have never met a pear scent I didn't like.

Mpfand, I hope you will have a great time at Disney!

Honeybear, that pot roast sounds excellent - I'll be right over for leftovers if there were any!

Michele, how is the wax organization going? I also love Homegoods. Another place I've found interesting smaller cabinets is Craigslist...like jewelry or lingerie dressers, might work for wax, with multiple shallower drawers? [smilie=th_idontknow]

Aria, I meant to add yesterday - yes TBG scrubs are lovely, aren't they? I received a small scrub tub as a sample and ohhhhh it was fabulous. I've used sugar scrubs from other vendors which left a bit of a sticky film on the skin - but that one just left smoothness, very nice.

Well last night was:

OPT The Olive Branch - and I love this musky scent. There is no Olive in it, apparently! Very interesting and soothing. *love*

And this morning it's:

Scented Squirrel Blue Slushie Bear - so juicy and fun! I feel like a kid again. This was a large bear shape and it was all I could do to cut him up. [smilie=th_cray] But he smells lovely.

Have a fabulous day! And yes - it's Thursday - still confused! [smilie=th_confused3]

Good Morning

The heat wave continues here. It’s much too hot for me.

Mpfand-Enjoy Disney. We always have a great time there!

AmyJo-I need to go through all my closets too. Lots of things I have never used this summer.

Wax organization is going well. I found 3 stackable wicker baskets with covers on Amazon. They are arriving early next week. They are pretty large and will store most of what I brought back . They should look very nice on the fireplace as well.

Melt of the morning in my 2 melters is CFOW Hot Mess. This one seems to be throwing nicely.

Have a great day all!!

Good morning! ????

Yes, AmyJo, plenty of leftovers, and you are welcome anytime. [smilie=th_aa17]

Mpfand ~ Have a great time at Disneyland!

Debra ~ I am a sniffer, too, and organizing takes forever and a day.

Michele ~ Those wicker baskets with lids have me interested. I’m going to see if I can find them.

Yesterday DD and I went to Goodwill and I found two pretty pictures for my bathroom. They look brand new and still had the tags which say $34.99 each on the back. I got both for $6.50! I always love getting a good deal! [smilie=th_c032]

CFTKR Marshmallow Filled Birthday Cake Zucchini

LSC Sweet Slumber

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Happy Thursday.

[smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your DD Mpfand!! Enjoy Disney!

Michele...that's good news...glad you found those baskets with lids! I love the idea of lids! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Honeybear...Good deal on those pictures! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Amy...I love Olive Branch! No olive but I believe it's a Lush fragrance. [smilie=th_sml29]

Today is all VRC...

Beach Nights in 2 warmers and Hawaiian Bungalow in 1

Have a great day. :)

Hi All!

Just changed th melters to Zeep Push Pop. The little extra curing seems to have done the trick. This smells really nice and strong.

Honeybear-Those pictures sound like a great deal.

I will let you know about the baskets when I get them. Sounds like the perfect solution. We shall see.

Great find, Honeybear!

Michele, I am also curious about your baskets. I have a bunch of the plastic storage bins and they are not very pretty!

I am heading out to a new book club this evening...hope we are "all in the same page"! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] So, no melting for now.

Good morning dear ladies,

Happy Friday! I think I can remember which day it is now that it's my favorite one. :rolleyes:

Debra, very punny [smilie=th_coffeespew] with the book club! I hope you had an enjoyable evening!

Honeybear - good deal on the pictures! I love the thrift stores...when you can often get name-brand clothes with tags still on for a fraction of the cost...what's not to love? And all in one place...I do not enjoy going from store to store. One stop shopping!

Michele, the baskets sound perfect, especially with lids!

Continuing to bust-a-move through the Summer scents, to the point where last night I couldn't stand the thought of one more melon, peach, or SSA melt. [smilie=th_help] So I cheated and popped in a sample from OPT called "Autumn Alley" and it was divine. No scent description on the website, but I think it's pumpkin, leaves and spice (safe bet, right? LOL). The goal is to complete all of the Summer stuff by Sept 21 and then welcome Fall with open arms on Sept 22.

Full disclosure, the Zeep Cupcake Sampler has been relegated to the Fall. [smilie=th_butbutbut] I imagine one could argue that this was a Summer collection. But we eat cupcakes all year round, don't we? That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

So this morning we're back to Summer:

Zeep Watermelon Crawl - yep, another melon! Watermelon and buttercream - this is actually very different, full of creamy watermelonliness and I love it.

Have a fine day all and hopefully cooler weather is on the way! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Hi All!

I’m happy it’s Friday!

Today was my first day of bowling. In a way it was good to get back into a routine again.

AmyJo-Good Luck with finishing up your summer scents. I have lots to go through so that won’t happen here and I have to change up what I melt. I don’t always melt by season. It’s usually what I’m in the mood for. I have the Zeep Cupcake Sampler also but haven’t tried any yet. I think Cupcakes are good melts for year round.

Melting SGA SSA Marshmallow Watermelon. SGA SSA scents are always wonderful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FPC8NY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the baskets I ordered from Amazon.

I finally figured out how to copy the link.

I’m going out to my monthly dinner with my church friends tonight. . Hope you all have a great night!

Greetings!

Michele...great baskets!! [smilie=th_cc15] The lids really are a great idea...wish I thought of that a looooong time ago! LOL Enjoy your dinner!

Amy...bust-a-move?? [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] I thought this was busting a move... [smilie=th_Hnh5]

You crack me up! And, btw, I definitely agree that cupcakes are a year round scent!!

Debra...I hope you enjoyed your new book club! [smilie=th_200911025310]

Tonight are super oldies...

Bear Bottom by Granny's Kountry Candles

Cherry Lemonade by Chloe N Me...super strong!

Goodnight

Maggie, you ended my day with a laugh, because you surely bust a move better than I do! [smilie=th_lol22] Lol!! This is about as far as I go: [smilie=th_ahaaha] and I don't even have cute little purple pigtails!

Sleep well everybody!! And Michele, your baskets are gorgeous and will look so pretty on your hearth.

More tomorrow!

Maggie, I don't think it matters if Cherry Lemonade it 10 years old - that guy stays strong forever!!! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

The book club was fun. I met 8 new friends! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I have a busy weekend - I hope there be time for melting!

Tonight is White Queen, Melted Confections. Makes me sad that once a vendor goes OOB, their scent list with descriptions go Poof! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] I really like to know the scent notes when I am melting!

Debra-I and a few friends like to meet and discuss a book we have read together. That sounds fun! What book did you pick? I like to know what i am melting too. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Just got home from my dinner. I had a fun night.

Hope I can sleep tonight. I’m wide awake now.

Good night all!!

Hi everyone. I haven't been melting anything lately, I have been working alot of hours. Today I have off so I'm melting: Salt Water Taffy by Satin Suzie

and boardwalk by K's Kreations. I work 12 hours tomorrow, hope everyone has a nice weekend.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Michele ~ Those baskets are gorgeous! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I’m sure you will really enjoy them. [smilie=th_sml29] Have a nice evening with your church friends tonight. DH and I have been talking about going bowling soon.

Debra ~ A book club sounds like a great idea. I think I’ll look into finding one I can join. Did you find yours on the Meetup site?

Susan ~ Hope you can get some time off to rest soon!

DD#1 left yesterday so I’m sad again. I know I’m such a big baby. :( You’d think I’d be used to this by now, but I’m seriously wishing we could go back to New Mexico because it’s just too hard being so far from them.

VCS Something (writing rubbed off) Annie’s Lace ~ a gift from a sweet CF pal and I must find the name of it so I can get more [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

HM Blackberry Scone White Cake

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hello Everyone!

Susan-Enjoy your time off!

I had a wonderful dinner with my church friends last night . Lots of fun and lots of laughs.

We had a small book club with a couple of friends but haven’t met in a long while. Honeybear-what’s the Meetup site? I would love to join a book club too. ,

Honeybear- you aren’t being a big baby. It must be very hard to live somewhere different than your DD’s. I feel exactly the same way. It must be very difficult.

This was the first weekend DH wasn’t home in a long while. I was out shopping part of today and then DD’s boyfriend cooked for us tonight.

My baskets arrived today and they are all set up. There was only a small bit I brought home that didn’t fit. I found room for that in my other wax cabinet. Now the goal is to melt what couldn’t fit. It’s just a small basket. Do any of you store anything you would consider just summer wax and take it out again next year? I was thinking of doing that to make things more manageable. Things like bakery I melt all year round. Then I would do the same for Fall.

DH and her boyfriend were hysterical trying to find all my hidden wax. They could hardly stop laughing and teasing me. It was all in good fun. I have even given DD’s boyfriend a melter and some melts. He told me he was going home to melt some wax lol.

Well My Bathing Garden Order from mid summer arrived today. I am just so impressed by the presentation of this wax. It’s just gorgeous. This could be a new favorite. I’m melting TBG Monster Candy from the Halloween Sampler. Beautiful!!

Good Night All!

Hello All...

Susan...I hope you got to enjoy your day off today before another long day again tomorrow! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Amy...Hope you are ok! [smilie=The_Hi]

Honeybear...you are not a baby at all...it must be very difficult to live so far away from your girls. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Michele...glad you had a nice time out! And got dinner cooked for you as well? Pretty good!! I do exactly what you mentioned with my wax....I store away all the season I'm currently not using and take it out next year....I realized it's just too much with it all out! [smilie=th_OMG]

Debra...8 new friends? :) That's terrific....so happy you had a nice time at the book club! It's funny...I've never been a cherry scent lover but that blend was wonderful!

Tonight it's OPT Island Slurpee...really very nice...BUT...have no idea about the fragrance...not listed. :(

Have a great night.

Hello dear all,

Thanks dear Maggie, yes I'm fine. Today was Hospital day and then tonight DH still isn't feeling well after being sick last night. I will post more in the morning, just wanted to wish everybody a good night!

????????

Good morning ladies!

It's a wonder what a good night's sleep can do - I am a new woman. [smilie=th_thfoenen]

My beloved DH has started a new medicine supplement and it is not agreeing with him, making him nauseated and grumpy much of the time. This has been going on for a few days, and I am somewhere between [smilie=th_empathy] and [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] . Hopefully this will level out soon...

Clemmie doesn't like it when I am typing with my computer in my lap, because of course my lap belongs to her. She is doing her best to confound this whole post and insert herself onto the keyboard. It's a good thing I love her. [smilie=th_catkiss]

Maggie, I thought I had a sample of that OPT Island Slurpee but I can't find it or the scent notes...it sounds good in any case. Actually I could go for a real slurpee today... [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan, my heart goes out to you, working all those long hours. I hope you will have a day off very soon.

Debra, the book club sounds like lots of fun, plus a host of new friends - fabulous. [smilie=th_ef7d03c7]

Michele, it sounds like you've really found a beautiful and workable storage solution for your wax. I really like the idea of bringing out just a certain set to work on at a time. And I am right there with you on the beauty of The Bathing Garden - truly a feast for the eyes and nose. And good for you, recruiting your DD's BF into the melting world! He sounds like a keeper, cooking dinner for you and wanting to melt wax!

Honeybear, hopefully you can visit your DDs again soon...nothing babyish about loving our children! And as for your VCS scent...I couldn't agree more - VCS has some of the most lovely scents I've found - the longer cure is so worth it. Truly gorgeous blends!

Well last night it was two gifties from dear CF pals: [smilie=th_teks0311]

CFTKR Salted Cantaloupe - even though I am just about melonned out, this was SO beautiful - and also in the shape of a little sun which I hesitated to melt - Carol does it again. Gorgeous scent. Thank you!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Homemade Mango Peach Salsa from our resident master blender - Oh, I love this one, thank you for sending!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

And today it's one of those melts that just leaps out of the clamshell and into the warmer and fills the whole house within minutes:

The Bathing Garden Summer Melon and Mint - melon, guava, mango, papaya, strawberry, and peppermint - The mint is dominant but I can pick up multiple other scents and I would order this one again and again, even in my current melon-overloaded state.

It's obvious I love melon because I have melon scents from every single vendor, and this one and the Salted Cantaloupe were two of the very best.

BTW this is Day 9 without ordering any wax. I feel better.

Have a fun Sunday all! [smilie=th_hema1]