The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Try to Remember the Scents of September

Cute title, AmyJo! ;)

Honeybear, the Pineapple Sage scent you melted the other day sounds divine. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Starting September out with a wonderful scent from Front Porch, Apricot Peach Mac Apple. The Apple is dominant, but I do smell the apricot and peach, too. [smilie=cloud_9]

Have a great day, everyone. B)

Good Morning and happy September! Love the title Amy!

Mpfand...your avatar is adorable! Perfect for the end of the summer season! ❤️ I think I need to change mine. Lol

Starting my morning off with a homemade tart from a sweet CF pal Pink Berry Tonka Bean..thanks! :sFun_mango:

And OPT's Spiked Citrus...a goodie.

Have a great day! :)

Good morning!

Good one, AmyJo! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

mpfand - that FP sounds like a good one. I have not seen as many of the multiple scent blends on her site these days - I used to get bunches of them. Wonder if you have to make requests to get them back? [smilie=th_confused3]

Ban is still in place! [smilie=th_ahaaha] I hovered over both Flower Finery and L3 yesterday... then started thinking about a box of wax I have not even unpacked and I hopped right off the site!

Today is CYS - Apricot Angel Food.

Hello!

It's a cornucopia of scents today and it smells so good...

SGA Beach Night Cantaloupe Strawberry Peach Birthday

Woofwicks Pineapple Birthday Cake Sugar Cookie Cornbread Vanilla Bean Caramel

Scented Squirrel Romance from a sweet CF pal..,thanks!

[smilie=cloud_9]

Hello ladies!! Thanks - glad you like the name. That song makes me cry every time. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

I hope everybody is well. Hard to think it's September already, especially when I still have a lot of summer melts to work through!! [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Michele, I think you are melting a nice amount per day - 2-4 oz sounds perfect. I'm on a more aggressive schedule to try to keep up with my ordering excesses. I look forward to a day when I can melt in a more relaxed fashion... [smilie=th_sign0164]

Debra!! I totally salute you, well done on your ban!! [smilie=th_allah]

Maggie! Did that Woofwicks do anything for you? Mine did fine but in a small room. I do think they need to cure.

Matter of fact, I think this hobby teaches patience. Is there anything, except pure paraffin like CFTKR, that DOESN'T need to cure? It seems like almost all of the softer waxes do brilliantly after 3-4 months or more. They're like a fine wine. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Mpfand, that FP scent sounds delicious. I love apricot anything!

Honeybear!! Your DD comes home tomorrow!! I know you are so excited. :sBo_reflection2: Have a wonderful time!

Well, my love affair with The Bathing Garden continues...today the Winter in July Sampler arrived - 10 gorgeous ornaments in her Winter scents - and I am brought to my knees. Also a few more summer shell shapes to get me through the coldest part of the winter. As always, Shannon sent a generous number of samples. TBG has their very own decorative boxes...I am totally assimilated. *gorgeous* :flirt-2:

So today was:

SB Carnival Treats - caramel apple, blue raspberry slushie, and funnel cake. May I say, this is pure heaven. :hearts_tr:

Have a fine Saturday night everyone!

Where has the time gone??? I can't believe it's already September!!!! This year really flew by.

Been burning a Lavender Escape candle from Holly's Dazzling Designs....WOW LOVE IT!

I'll be melting one of my all time favorites from Holly....Vanilla Pound Cake...what a scent monster, LOVE IT TOO!!

Good morning! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Aria ~ Your FP scent sounds scrumptious! When the temps go down, I plan to order. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

I wonder if your sister is agoraphobic. If not, them maybe don’t go today. Maybe changing things up a bit will spark a good talk. Most importantly, be true to yourself and your feelings.

Michele ~ Dessa and I met on a candle making forum back in ‘11. I had already been playing with wax for years and she was just starting out, trying to find the perfect pumpkin. LOL Once she became a vendor, she couldn’t post in this forum anymore. Now we live 15 minutes apart, but don’t see each other much cuz she’s such a busy beaver.

HHS Jelly Bean ~ Had this cute Easter egg for years and finally broke down to melt it. [smilie=th_create]

BL Gingersnap Creme Brûlée again today. I really like her wax, but stopped ordering because her prices kept going up and were such weird amounts, and not consistently one price per ounce. So strange!

HM Apricot Vanilla Cake Batter

I’m trying a new scent the idea from Partylite today. It’s called Smart Blends and it looks like candy sprinkles, so probably would be dangerous to have around children. It’s essentially scented paper. This one is Apple Balsam and I actually like it in my closet. I think the warmer bowl has to be smaller though, because yesterday I tried it in my laundry room in a larger bowled warmer and it didn’t work so well.

One more day til DD#1’s visit! [smilie=th_aa20]

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Whoops! I accidentally posted this in August’s thread. ????

Hello ladies :D

Thanks, Maggie. :) I love your new avatar, too. ;)

The FP scent yesterday lasted forever and remained consistent. Today I'm melting Lime & Eucalyptus from BH&G.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Amy ~ Love the title and love that song. Takes me back!

Mpfand ~ All of this Front Porch talk really has me itching to order, but it’s still too hot here, same as where you’re at.

Arkcandle ~ Nice to see you! :) I have not heard of Holly’s Designs. Might have to check them out!

CFOW Lavender Warm Vanilla Sugar ~ a gift from a sweet CF pal :wub:

HM Tea & Cakes

I put on a LSC Peppermint Dreams last night that, believe it or not, was a complete dud. [smilie=th_sSig_what] Must have been too old, though her wax has always held scent well before. [smilie=th_idontknow]

We will be heading to the airport in a couple of hours to get baby girl number one! [smilie=th_aola]

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Amy ~ Love the title and love that song. Takes me back!

Mpfand ~ All of this Front Porch talk really has me itching to order, but it’s still too hot here, same as where you’re at.

Arkcandle ~ Nice to see you! :) I have not heard of Holly’s Designs. Might have to check them out!

CFOW Lavender Warm Vanilla Sugar ~ a gift from a sweet CF pal :wub:

HM Tea & Cakes

I put on a LSC Peppermint Dreams last night that, believe it or not, was a complete dud. [smilie=th_sSig_what] Must have been too old, though her wax has always held scent well before. [smilie=th_idontknow]

We will be heading to the airport in a couple of hours to get baby girl number one! [smilie=th_aola]

Good to see ya too....work as kept me busy and I've not been able to post. YES...Holly is AWESOME. Check out her Facebook also, this is where she announces all her new stuff. What I love about her is that she does a lot of the B&BW line and has some exact dupes. She just posted last week that she opened a booth in the Branson Mill there in Branson, MO. Her melts and candles last longer than any other I've tried and great throw also. She just purchased a candle company that did votive candles...so she'll be adding them to her line up. I can't wait for her scents in votive's.

Hello everyone!

Aren't three-day weekends just the best thing ever??

I hope everyone is relaxing with family and friends. Honeybear, I'm so happy that you are probably hugging DD#1 as I type this!

I have kicked back today and spent a long time writing scent note labels for waxies that came without them, and header labels for clamshells so I can stack them on end and easily see what they are. Plus this involved a lot of sniffing. ????????

My dear DH took me out for dinner and now we are going to watch The Great British Bake-Off on Netflix.

Take care everybody and be safe!

Hi, Arkcandle!

Honeybear, I hope the visit is going well!

I have Cheryl's Kettle Corn melting - goodness! This is so yummy, now all I can think about is eating some super-unhealthy popcorn. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Hi Friends! Hope you are all having a nice Labor Day weekend! [smilie=party]

We did end up going to my sisters house and had a great time. I'm glad we went. Today DH and I are going to watch a neighboring towns Peach Festival Parade. DS#2 will be marching in the HS band... Love hearing them play! It's supposed to be quite hot and humid which is pretty typical for parade day lol. Hope to pickup a yummy peach pie too. [smilie=th_yay]

Ended up placing a small VCS order a few days ago [smilie=bagover] ... She offered free shipping and I really wanted to try a few of her Rocky Horror Picture Show blends. Box arrived Saturday and everything smells quite good. Most were poured in early to mid August so cure time will be necessary. However, I couldn't resist melting half of a medallion in Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me (eucalyptus, pear, juniper, blueberries, woods and musk). LOVED IT! smells like a combination of YC Autumn Leaves and BBW Sweater Weather.

mpfand - that FP sounds like a good one. I have not seen as many of the multiple scent blends on her site these days - I used to get bunches of them. Wonder if you have to make requests to get them back? [smilie=th_confused3]

Mpfand and fellow waxoholics, if you go to the menu on the FP website, there is a scent request page you can go to. Here, you can just enter the scents you would like her to add and in what form (such as 4 pack grubby, 4 pack pumpkins, 8 oz brittle, etc. ). Angie will then email you when your request is added to the website...usually within a day or two! You can then place your order! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Today I am melting SGA Cookie Monster... Delish.

Happy Labor Day!

I hope everyone that has the day off is enjoying it.

Mpfand...thanks! ;)

Aria...sounds like a wonderful day for you yesterday! A parade and pies? [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Glad you are happy with your VCS order....it's always a good day when you love your waxie delivery! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

[smilie=th_wave] Hey Arkcandle! Good to see you.

Honeybear...yay for seeing your DD!! [smilie=th_aa20]

Amy...I hope you enjoyed your dinner and Netflix. Sounds like a lovely relaxing evening. :)

It's L3 Ferris Bueller's Day Off...love it!

Have a nice day.

Happy Labor Day!

I am so sad to see the summer end. I just love spending time at my beach house. Tomorrow I drive DH back to the airport and won’t be seeing him for 2 weeks. I’m sad already. Very busy today getting everything together. I’m driving back tomorrow. I am thinking of coming back a few days by myself. It’s just so relaxing here. I will miss it. I am heading out to Ohio for a couple of weeks at the end of the month. I’m looking forward to that.

Honeybear-Enjoy the time with your DD!

Maggie-Are you heading back to work this week?

Arkcandle-Good to see you.

Aria-Glad you enjoyed your visit.

AmyJo-sounds like you had a wonderful evening with DH.

Debra-Popcorn is my favorite snack.

Mpfand-I need to order from FP after my stash goes down. Something to look forward to.

Melting today CFOW Fruit. Loops Cheesecake.

Have a great day everyone!

Well good afternoon all and Happy Labor Day!

Good to see that everybody is enjoying their holiday! It's another lazy day around here, although I did go food shopping. The Great British Bake-Off show last night got me all re-inspired so I needed fresh yeast. A loaf of wholegrain bread is rising as we speak. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Michele, if we had a beach house like yours, it would take a team of horses to pull me away. I hope you will enjoy your upcoming trip to Ohio!

Aria, I hope you have enjoyed the Peach Festival parade - and got to eat some delicious peach creations while you were there. And that you survived the heat...it is 92 here and I know that many of you are even hotter... :sFun_hot:

Maggie, I hope you had fun with your family yesterday!

Debra, now that you mention popcorn scents, I don't think I have any of that scent by itself, just blended with other things. Hmmmmm...must correct this...and well done on walking away from the restocks!!

Arkcandle, I like votive candles too, may have to check that vendor out!

Honeybear, I hope you are having a wonderful time with DD#1!!

Well last night it was:

L3 Murtagh - a gift from a dear CF friend - and oh, I loved this one! - a fresh grassy scent with SSA and vanilla, very nice indeed and so strong it made my eyes water.

And today it has been:

Southbound Limelight - lime, grapefruit, tangerine, bergamot, Lovespell. As usual - tons of throw and delicious.

OPT Minty Melons - from the Maggie Collection! - the flip-flops. So divine. I'm so happy she is doing shapes again and of course I ordered some of her little goblins. Resistance is futile.

The restocks are so tempting right now, with all of the fall scents and adorable goblins / leaves / pumpkins / skulls....I am on temporary Enabling Disability. It's too tough to write down all the restock dates and have a permanent record of them...

Enjoy the rest of the holiday and stay safe!

Aria, thanks for the tip on FP! I will be placing another order once our temps cool down. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit at your sister's. :)

Michele, popcorn is my favorite snack, too. I eat it almost every evening. [smilie=th_popcorm1]

Honeybear, glad you are getting some time with your DD. I had lunch and did some shopping with mine this afternoon; a rare treat these days.

AmyJo, this is a tough time of year to be on a wax ban; so many great seasonal goodies being introduced! ;)

Melting Banana Nut Bread from Fox Willow.

Thanks, Aria! I would really like to see some of my old FP favs!

Michele, sometimes I think popcorn is my excuse to get extra butter and salt! ;)

Aria, a peach festival sounds like lots of fun! We have a garlic festival...yours has more appeal! [smilie=th_pardon]

AmyJo - you were very industrious! I am glad more vendors list scent notes now!

Today was Save your Scents - Candy Crush. I used a small 1 oz and I thought I could blast right through it and melt down more of the stash...however, 8 hours later it was still scenting! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Whoa! Not sure what hot key I hit but my computer started reading all these posts out loud! I had no idea how to stop it!

[smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

Hi All!

The wax ban here needs to stay in effect!!

I packed up all my wax here except for some older wax I keep here. I filled up a laundry basket and 5 shopping bags and I almost died. I didn’t realize how much I had ordered and shipped here. My DH really didn’t say anything. I couldn’t believe it. It was an eye opener for sure. I’m going to try to organize some of my wax tomorrow when I get back. I have no idea where to put it all. My cabinet is full.

I am overloaded on Fall scents but they are my favorite. Good thing I’m not a big fan of Christmas scents. I have enough to get me through the season.

Debra and mpfand-i love going to the movies and getting popcorn. Theater popcorn is the best.

Mpfand-I’m glad you got to spend tine with your DD. It’s really becoming a rare treat here as well.

Good Night All!!

Happy Tuesday All!

I'm melting a strong lovely scent from Swanky....Mango Mandarin...wonderful. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Michele...I'm a fan of movie popcorn too! Yum! Yes, I head back later this week for orientation and start our actual classes next Thursday. We always begin class after the grammar schools so the parents can focus on the little ones. Dropping off is sometimes difficult for the kids on the first day of preschool...as well as the parents! [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Thanks Amy...we did! :)

Have a great day! ;)

Hello everyone,

The first day back at work after a long weekend is always a little...rough. :unsure:

However I am melting a giftie from a lovely CF pal:

CFTKR Lemon Ice Cream Scoop Bread - and it smells sooooo good that I really do wish I could eat it!

A storm is blowing up and that's fine by me because it is 92 F and I am really ready for this heat wave to pass.

Just so you all know...it's been four days since I've ordered anything...planning to hit the TBG Winter Collection in a couple of weeks, no date yet...otherwise trying to lay low...very tough this time of year.... [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Have a lovely evening all!

Later edited to add: melting TBG Summercream Pudding - lime zest and strawberry cream - and this one goes on the favorites list. Wow, just wow. ????????

Hope everyone has had a good day. :)

Melting another good one from Front Porch, Coconut Cream Pie. :wub:

Good evening!

Michele, I would hate to see how many bags full I have! [smilie=th_shout]

I am sending you "stay-strong" wishes, AmyJo! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

I am so confused about what day it is. Usually I can just roll with the week starting on Tuesday, but I am all mixed up today. [smilie=th_cha60]

It is Wilma's Black Code in 3 melters tonight.

Good Morning!

Trying to get back into my routine today and still unpacking. Melting VCS Cream Cheese Cookie Monster this morning and it smells so good!!

Have a great day everyone!!