• You cannot reply to this topic

Ways to stop hiccups

#1 User is offline   AmyJo 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBethel, OH

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:34 PM

Debra was talking about having the hiccups, and everybody commented right away - so it's something we've all experienced. Therefore, a poll is in order:

What is YOUR favorite way to get rid of the hiccups??

#2 User is offline   AmyJo 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBethel, OH

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

For me, usually after becoming aggravated after failing to get rid of them by just holding my breath, I go get a cup of water and drink out of the wrong side. This involves leaning way over and having some fear of drowning, but it usually works.

#3 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

[smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Great question! I have a fail safe method that people NEVER believe works until they try it. From what I understand, hiccups are caused by a spasm in the diaphragm so I thought there must be a way to push down on it to stop it. I have no idea if this makes any medical sense but that's what I thought. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] I heard some people say to hold your breath but that never works for me. So I thought I'd try it with pressure. I take a big breath of air into my cheeks and hold my breath. Then I swallow ALL the air in my mouth while still holding my breath for as long as possible afterwards. When I mentioned this at work for one of the teachers, everyone laughed but she tried it and viola.....no hiccups. I think the key is having enough air to push downwards and holding it as long as possible. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users