The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Yes, I too finally got in on the CFTKR madness....a little birdie gave me all the info I needed...I am so happy I will finally have some of Carol's goodies in the house! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Debra...your Brunch Bunch sounds fun...dinner and history? That sounds [smilie=th_fabulous1] I think your mail carrier probably missed smelling those good scents in her truck! And secrets regarding wax....we're not fooling anybody!! [smilie=th_foolish1]

Amy...I ❤️ Blueberry but I run out of it so quickly! It's so sad when we run out of scents we love... [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Aria...stainless steel? Wow....what does that smell like?

Michele...Teddy Ruxpin is an adorable name and it sounds nice. Whatcha think?

This morning it's GWW in Drought Resistant Lawn...love it. I was worried it was just going to be a strong grass scent but the Baja cactus smooths it out wonderfully. I'd really like to get a hold of a sweet grass scent as well. LSC used to have Rattlesnake Grass that I loved but shes never open these days. [smilie=th_thsignA]

And the upstairs warmer is Roaring 20's by VRC... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hi All!

Maggie-The Teddy Ruxpin was a great scent and it had a wonderful throw. I enjoyed it a lot.

Debra-Your brunch sounds like a great time. My mailman used to tell me I had the greatest smelling packages.

Melting VCS Lazy Summer Days from my Mystery Box.

Wednesday is DH’s birthday and Thursday’s youngest DD’s birthday. DD baked a gorgeous cake and we are celebrating before DH leaves for Ohio tonight. Sad to see him go.

I’m staying here another night and have friends coming for dinner tomorrow. Then I will head back to NY for a couple of days to catch up on things there.

I am not anxious to even head back for a few days. I just want to stay here.

The Pooh movie was very good. I didn’t expect to cry so much, though. Between remembering the girls’ childhoods with all the Pooh stories and movies, and how fast it all flew by and how much I miss it all, how much Pooh’s eyes reminded me of my precious Abbie’s, and just the sweetness of the movie, I was a mess.

Another sleepless night, so REALLY overslept this morning! All I’ve got going so far is CFTKR White Cake.

Maggie ~ Pretty sure this is the scent description for the Stainless Steel since I’ve only seen one supplier offer it:

Ever wondered what stainless steel smells like? This is our interpretation. A beachy, clean, masculine scent that is both musky and clean... ideal for men's products. A perfect blending of lemon and lime citrus, marine and ozonic notes, moss, tonka, lily of the valley and jasmine florals, and a clean watery sparkle. A fresher scent than typical manly fragrances.

Have a nice Sunday! ????

Honeybear, sounds like the Pooh movie really brought back some special memories. :wub: The stainless steel scent sounds really nice and not at all what I had imagined!

Michele, happy birthday to your DH and youngest DD! [smilie=party]

Debra, your brunch sounds like a lot of fun! [smilie=kewl]

Our furry houseguest went home this morning. I'm surprised how much I miss him. He really wound his way into my heart. [smilie=th_00000020]

Melting a gift from a sweet CF pal, Breakfast at Tiffany's from VCS. It's just wonderful. [smilie=cloud_9]

Good morning all,

Happy Monday to you!

Mpfand - that doggie crawled into your heart! [smilie=th_00000020]

Honeybear - we loved the Pooh stories as well so I'll likely have a tough time too. :thwetkissf:

Michele - Happy Birthday to your DH and DD! The cake sounds fabulous and I'm glad you all had a great celebration together.

Susan, I have smelled that Berry Trifle candle and like it very much too.

Maggie - oooh, GWW Drought Resistant Lawn is good, then! I like the sound of that one (not that I would order anything more this month, no not at all). :sEm_blush7:

This morning and last night it's been two lovely scents:

OPT Peace in the Grass (pear spice, fresh cut grass, vanilla)- from the Maggie blends! - my DH said, "Whatever that is, you should put it in all the melters in the whole house."

and

Super Tarts Coven (cola, cake batter, VBN, zucchini bread) - a giftie from a sweet CF pal - the first time I have melted a cola cake scent and wow!! I love this! Sweet bakery with the cola strongly coming through. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Have a fine Monday all.

Good Morning!

Melting VCS Elizabeth and Philip’s Westminster Wedding. Amy Jo-I can’t believe you are finished with that Wedding Sampler already. I have hardly made a dent in mine.

I can’t wait to melt that OPT Maggie blend. That sounds wonderful. I have it as a gift from a wonderful CF friend.

Anything I have melted from ST has been super strong and super good.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes for DH and DD.

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Mpfand...I'm sorry you're missing that little fur baby! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Michele... [smilie=th_blij40] Happy Birthday to your DD and DH! I hope you had a nice cake and dinner! Safe travels back to NY!

Honeybear...thanks for that description....it sounds pretty good to me. I'm glad the Pooh movie was good but sad to hear you had a rough time watching it. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Amy...I know....you'd never do that. :sSig_rofl:

It's Raspberry Patchouli from a sweet CF pal...love it...thanks!

And downstairs it's GWW Beach Hair & Pink Sugar...I blended this to try to recreate LSC Pink Ocean Air and it's PERFECT! [smilie=th_00000020]

Have a great day!

Good evening ladies,

Winding down after a long day.

Maggie, LOLOL, are you saying that I like to melt a lot of different scents all at once?! Never! ???????????? I'm happy that you blended those two scents together to create the one you wanted.

Michele, you're right, I did go through that wedding sampler pretty quickly, but it cured before a lot of the other recent orders. Also Maggie said that VCS waxies tend to lose their scent over time and I didn't want to miss those glorious aromas. That and the SGA Beach Nights Sampler were in pretty heavy rotation there for awhile.

But now lots of other things are ready to melt! So tonight it's:

Zeep Cherry Limeade brittle - sharp, tangy, juicy, and throwing like a champ! *Love*

Sleep tight everyone!

Amy

Good evening!

A tummy bug has taken over our house, not much interest in melting just yet, but fun to see what you have been up to and melting.

Hoping to be all better tomorrow! [smilie=th_goodnight]

Good Morning!

Oh no Debra! I'm so sorry that you guys are not feeling well!! I was wondering where you were. Get well wishes to you!! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Amy...I have to take my own advice and melt my VCS...lol. I've got a lot from her...shocking, I know. [smilie=th_thsecret]

It's VRC Blast From the Past in one melter. I've got some company staying over tonight and I don't want to overwhelm them. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Have a good one.

Hi all! ????

I can’t figure out why I can’t see all of the CF emoticons anymore. ????

Debra~ Sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. Hope it is short lived! As far as DH flying over your house, probably not recently. He doesn’t have to travel much these days, but he did say he is supposed to go up there this Fall.

Michele ~ Happy Birthday to your DH and DD! I’m sorry you have to say goodbye to DH again.

ST Fake N Bake

HHS Strawberry Coconut Birthday Cake ~ an oldie but goodie ~ Sure miss Janet ????

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hi All!

I’m going to have a few busy days here in NY. Melting SGA Salty Sea Air Black Sea Black Coconut from my SSA Sampler. What a beautiful scent and a very strong thrower as well.

I just sorted through some of my wax. I am putting all my Fall wax together and my Summer wax together. When I finish with Summer I am going to store these down in my basement. I need to make room for all my wax I have at the beach. Maybe too by separating by season I can focus more on using up some of what I have. I feel like I’m all over the place right now.

I got my CFOW and my TBG order today. TBG Halloween Samplers are wonderful. Such cute shapes and they all smell great. I have about 15 clamshells in more Fall scents coming soon. The 2 CFOW chunk bags I got smell wonderful and again Michele was very generous with the samples. TBG samples were very generous as well. They almost equaled another sampler. So far I am very pleased. I can’t wait to start melting these as Fall/Halloween scents are my absolute favorite.

Going to the Pooh movie tonight with DD. Honeybear -I will probably cry too.

Have a great day all!

Good afternoon ladies,

In the office today and taking a short break.

Michele, how much fun that you received all those lovely waxies today! I agree - both CFOW and TBG are extremely generous with the samples. Which CFOW chunks did you get? I'm glad you're loving all the TBG scents. I hope you enjoy the Pooh movie.

Debra - yikes, I'm sorry you all have a tummy bug - so unpleasant and I hope it goes away quickly.

Maggie - [smilie=th_coffeespew] on overwhelming your dinner guests with scent - our yard guy came through the house to get to the back area while I was melting VRC Poison Crocus - which is VERY strong - and he started to say something but stopped himself. [smilie=th_giggle]

Honeybear - I went through that with the emoticons awhile back but didn't realize that "View All" had a little slider. Did you change devices or anything?

Well last weekend I had a little rampage of ordering :ssshopping: but I am back on track. It is SO difficult with all the cute new pumpkins and leaf shapes and skulls and... [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Yesterday evening I got into the Golden Willow and it was all glorious:

Ginny Weasley Drinks Martinis - ginger and mac apple, delicious!

Come Round Hagrid's - whiskey, maple, tea, and wood smoke - this is so good that I simply must drink some of it - just scrumptious. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Tonight we are going for Indian food with friends. This is one of my favorite types of food so I'm excited.

Take care everyone!

Amy

Good Evening!!

Amy...I'm jealous...I wish I was going out for Indian food too. I hear so many good things about it and I have yet to try it! I see there's one in town and I should just go! [smilie=th_12E9EC16] Any recommendations? Enjoy!

Michele...I did that exact thing and I feel so much better. All my summer stuff is in one place and I don't have to go fishing around in boxes and closets. When it's time to get the Fall out, I'll just pack away the summer. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Good luck with that!

It's GWW in the scent Eleuthera...wonderful. Coconut, dragonfruit, tropical flowers and driftwood. I only got this one scent shot, wish I got a bag.

Have a great evening.

Oooh, Maggie, I love Indian food so much, you really must try it. Maybe if we have a Candlefind reunion one day, we could all check it out! Recos?..hmmm well I love saag paneer, which is a spinach dish with a kind of cheese...aloo gobi, which is spiced cauliflower and potato, and my husband loves chicken curry. My Indian friends at work say that the food should be full of spices, but not so hot that you can't taste or enjoy it.

Oh you're melting that GWW Eleuthera!- I have that one on order so now I'm even more eager to try it.

Tonight it's TBG Blackberry Jam and Lemon Curd... Could we take a moment of silence, please, for the beauty of this wax? Just exquisite... Tart lemon with the juicy blackberry...a perfect match, strong throw...I may never leave this spot on the couch until the scent is gone.

Have a good night, all.

Amy

Hey wax peeps :sFun_eye: :sFun_eye:

Sorry I missed giving the scent notes for that Stainless Steel Cotton Candy... the ss is more of a fresh clean, citrusy scent (quite strong!) and adding the cc to it really gives a nice sweet twist and tones it down a bit.

Took Ozzy in for a flu shot today. He has to get a booster in 2 weeks. Not sure if this dog influenza outbreak is nationwide but we had to get the shot since Ozzy will be staying at the kennel when we go up to Marquette to drop DS off later this month. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

DS#1 and I went out for Thai food tonight while DS#2 was at marching band rehearsal. Don't feel bad for DS#2, he doesn't like Thai food anyway lol.

Debra, well wishes for you guys [smilie=th_balloons]

Michele, good for you organizing your tart stash!

Maggie, I never melt when people come over or maybe just light a candle. Don't want to overwhelm them lol. [smilie=bagover]

Honeybear, I miss Janet too!!!! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Mpfand, are you going to get a puppy now? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Amyjo, no enabling going on here, but Front Porch has super cute fall shapes such as leaves, pumpkins and owls! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Tonight I have YC Key Lime Pie burning in a large jar candle.

Goodnight [smilie=th_offtobed]

Aria!! You are definitely enabling, LOL! Ohhhhh you are so right- those Front Porch leaves are gorgeous and gaaaaaah I'm having a tough time not ordering them! I have all sorts of FP yet to melt from the last order!

*we have a new enabler in our midst*

Hello! I'm on the mend, [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr thanks for the get well wishes.

Michele, I hope you enjoy your Halloween scents. I like that she has so many scent combinations besides the Halloween usuals = pumpkin and patchouli!

I am going to have to see the Pooh movie, it sounds interesting except for the teary stuff.

Honeybear, I still have a few HHS left. I am slowly working my way through, on purpose. They seem to be holding up fine.

AmyJo - that is my bestest food ever - saag paneer! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] We are lucky to have several Indian restaurants in our area. The problem is most offer the lunch buffet which is my ticket to eat too much!

Tonight - Swan Creek - Gingerbread.

Good Morning!

Debra-Glad to hear you are on the mend. I’m anxious to try TBG Halloween scents. Some are very different.

I went to see the Pooh movie last night. It was adorable!!!

I still have a lot of HHS scents left. Need to melt some.

What is GWW? I don’t recognize that one.

Melting SGA Cotton Candy Birthday Cake Gummy Bears. I have many of her samplers and have been very pleased. This one is another winner and the Gummy Bears is a different scent for me. So good!

I have never tried Indian food but it does sound good.

Have a great day all!

Hi Michele! GWW is Golden Willow Waxes and they are fabulous! It's a parasoy blend and ohhhhh some of her scents are very unique and delicious, like Come By Hagrid's or Ale's Eggcellent Nog. Sooooooo good. Also her brand is about bees, and so her Buzz Bars have imprints of hives and bees, very attractive and charming. ????????

Hello!

Just popping to say hello and see what we're all melting...????

I've started up all my melters again since the visitor is up and about.

Homemade Cucumber Melon from a sweet CF pal...thanks! Love it.

Along Came Polly by SGA

Upstairs it's Floating Driftwood by OPT... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a good one. ;)

Hi All!

Thanks for the info AmyJo. I will take a peek. I forgot to post my order from CFOW. I got Bone Daddy which was the one you recommended Amy and Halloween Town. I can’t wait to melt them.

Now melting SGA Key Lime Pie Crust Sugar Cookies.

Good evening ladies!

I hope everybody has had a fine day.

Michele, I'm so jealous, I hope you will love that Bone Daddy! Such a delicious pretzel scent! I've been needing to cure CFOW more than I used to and I'm wondering if it's the humidity....I was reading about that. [smilie=th_pardon] But once cured...fabulous as always!

Oooh, Susan, I love dragonfruit - that sounds lovely.

Debra, I'm very glad you're feeling better, and I see that we are Saag Sisters! [smilie=th_LOVE] You're right, the Indian place we go to also does the buffets and I have to remember to take just a bit of everything or I will be sooooooo full. We did indeed have saag last night and also egg curry, which I love more than most other foods on the planet.

Aria, I'm sorry you had to take Ozzy for a shot, that he has to stay in the kennel, and that you will soon be sending your DS off to college. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Maggie, that driftwood scent is one of my faves - sounds so beautiful.

Well today was a bit of Christmas in August, with a few orders all arriving at once - CFTKR, L3, and Woofwicks. Everything is gorgeous, smells lovely, and arrived in perfect condition. I do understand now WHY Carol has to limit her restocks to 300 orders, why the server crashed in about 3 minutes, and why everyone raves about her wax. Wow, just wow. The gourds look almost real - the detail! - and the tiny pies are just adorable. I am smitten. :skywriter:

The other great news is that I have pulled my May/June Zeep orders out of the curing closet and oh! The miracle of curing...the ones I have melted so far are throwing me across the room. I'm so happy because Zeep was my first wax love and I didn't understand how long they needed to cure...but it works and they are fabulous.

So today it was:

Zeep Belle Vie - magnolia blossoms and yuzu - so beautiful, it swept me off my feet.

Zeep Cherry Limeade - oh so sweet and tangy! - DH loves this one.

And tonight it's:

CFTKR Blueberry White Cake - I am speechless - an impossibly beautiful, fruity, luscious scent. Tons of throw.

Woofwicks Dapper Dog - another strong thrower and such adorable melts, from Etsy - this one is lavender, leather, and bergamot. *love, love*

Have a great night everyone! :thwetkissf: