The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

July is a Popping With Fragrance

Good morning everyone!

Well it sounds as though you all had a good 4th yesterday! We just relaxed and had a kind of "indoor picnic" finishing off with root beer floats. It was just too hot and muggy to take it outside. :sFun_hot:

I took some time yesterday afternoon to completely reorganize my wax. [smilie=th_jay] I now have the entire upper shelf of a closet devoted to Sterilite boxes. They're divided by vendor and it all looks very neat and tidy, and they're easy to get to. Plus there are a couple of empty ones for stuff on the way. It was too much fun playing with all of it. [smilie=cloud_9]

So this morning it's:

VRC B.E.A.Utiful Loaf - the end of it - [smilie=th_cray] lavender and Mac apple, so beautiful and I will miss it.

The Bathing Garden Take Me to the Sea - with the tealight melter - lemon, grapefruit, SSA, beachwood - ohhhh I am in so much trouble with this vendor - perhaps a closet all to itself? [smilie=th_aa17]

Have a lovely day everyone and stay cool,

AmyJo

Hello everybody

Haven't been on in a few days. I trust you all are doing well. I see lots of enabling and melting going on. [smilie=yes]

This morning I'm melting VCS Holly Golightly which is fruit loops and 7Up Pound cake... Not getting much throw. I have the worst luck with vcs not sure why.

Hope everyone is enjoying/surviving the heat. I was enjoying it until the humidity kicked in yesterday. We've been in the pool a lot.

In just a few days DS#1 and I head up to Marquette for his new student orientation. He will be attending Northern Michigan University in the fall. DH is still working in Louisville. DS#2 is staying home since he has tennis practice.

That's about it for me. I did place a small SGA order a few days ago. Should arrive soon.

Amyjo, I follow CFTKR regularly on FB so I'll let you know when her next opening for orders is. Generally they are on a Saturday at 10am Eastern.

Afternoon everyone. Melting today: Violets are Sleepy by Bento Wax

Candle: Vanilla Bean by Woodwick.

I went to a picnic last night with fireworks after, lots and lots of food.

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Hello!

Aria-DS#1 is ready for college. How exciting!! Good Luck at orientation.

We had a nice Fourth of July. We had a relaxing day and then went to my brother’s barbecue and watched the fireworks.

Melting this morning CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float. I have this going about 5 hours now and have gotten zero throw. I have never had this problem before. I think it’s the air conditioning blowing the scent around. I will switch out to something else.

Just popping back in. Michele, I'm really sorry about the CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float, why is it doing that to you? [smilie=angry] I would crawl through hot oil for that blend, LOL. I know these air currents are driving me crazy so I hope it settles down for you in a different room!!

Aria! [smilie=th_wave] That's exciting about your DS's college orientation! Thank you so much for enabling me on the CFTKR restocks, LOL! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] I am very impressed with Carol's melts - as I guess everyone else is, too.

And finally - to the wonderful person who sent me this gorgeous goodie bag!!! - you know who you are!! - I am trying to send you an email thanking you but it says your gmail inbox is full. So dump some of that excess fan mail so my letter can come through, wouldja?? [smilie=th_thlaughter]

OK that's it for now - take care everybody!

Good Evening everyone!

AmyJo...you CRACK ME UP!!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Michele...I've been having the same issue around here. What is going on? I'm not smelling anything...no matter which vendor!! I wonder if humidity has something to do with it. All the research I've seen says heat and humidity should increase smells like garbage. But when it comes to perfumes, the studies show the scent seems to dissipate in those conditions. So what does that mean for wax? [smilie=th_confused3]

Aria...enjoy the trip with your DS!! That should be fun and he'll probably feel excited about the school year approaching.

Susan...sounds like lots of fun! Our fireworks were on a Tuesday evening and it rained so I missed it. :(

It's a yummy scent from VRC Olde Fashioned Barber Shoppe...Amazing in the bag....but not smelling much around the house....so sad!

Goodnight all.

Happy Day after the 4th! I hope you all got some sleep!

Aria, have fun at Orientation. I am a weepy mom - I think I sniffled through most of ours. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

I am also having air current issues, and with no A/C on out here. I am perplexed. [smilie=th_pardon]

There is no rhyme or reason to what I can smell and what I can't right now.

I win the VCS melt off! [smilie=th_yay] I am melting Romeo and Juliet - which smells like YC Midsummer's Night to me. Just like with YC, it is a strong one.

Good morning ladies,

Supposed to be cooler today! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Well, in the Battle of the Air Currents, Southbound is winning. I thank a dear CF pal for recommending this vendor - gorgeous! Tons of throw even in the current Scent Bermuda Triangle. :toppoints: Maggie, that's very interesting about perfume scents disappearing in high humidity.

A busy work day today. I hope everyone has a good Friday. I'm still confused as to what day it is because of the holiday in the middle of the week.

So this morning it's:

Southbound Star Spangled Fizz - Blackberry, strawberry, pomegranate, grapefruit, lime, and bamboo. Strong! Delicious!

Southbound Yankee Doodle Dandee - Blue Hawaiian lemonade, cherry slushie. So luscious that it's turning my tongue blue and red.

I *may* have placed another Southbound order. I *may* be in trouble. I think there is still room in the new Sterilite boxes....

Have a fine Friday all!

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Dark Kisses by Country Rich Creations, etsy

Frost Fairy by Hayden Rowe Candle co.

Boyfriends a/c broke earlier this morn, [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Hi!

Susan-Hope the air conditioning gets fixed soon.

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one with the air current issues. I moved the warmer to another spot and I’m glad to say I smell scent!!

Melt for today is SGA Patty Cakes. What a great scent!! It seems l love anything with Cookie Monster in it.

We are having a severe thunderstorm here. The rain is coming down in buckets.

Hello All...

[smilie=th_smiley-yawn] Up till after 2 waiting for one of my twin DDs to come back from LBI...then up at the crack of dawn...actually before dawn...with severe thunderstorms and my phone blaring a warning of flash flooding. Exhausted. Literally haven't gotten out of my pjs yet. Yes, I am a bum today.

Susan...sorry about that AC...hope it's fixed pronto!

AmyJo...another order? Shocking! [smilie=th_slider_hi5] I cant remember what day it is either. Yesterday, I thought it was Monday...all day long.

Still melting the VRC Shaving Cream scent since I can smell it fine today. [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Idk....it's raining but the humidity is still at almost 90%. In any event, I'm enjoying it...ALOT! ❤️

Hi all :D

Hope everyone enjoyed the 4th. ????????

Susan, hope your boyfriend isn't without a/c for long! [smilie=th_dd5]

Maggie, I hope you can get a nap today! [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

DD left yesterday for Canada. She'll be there for a week with her friend at their cabin. Of course I worry. It seems so far away!

Melting Coconut Cream Pie from Front Porch. Love this scent from any vendor, but I think this one is my favorite. :wub:

Hello, Candle Peeps! [smilie=th_wave]

I’m getting caught up on the board and it looks like everybody had a good holiday. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

My mom and sister came for their first visit from New Mexico and we had a really nice time. So grateful! ???? And somehow we got lucky and could watch some fireworks from our backyard sitting in the pool. :confettistars: Must have been something going on at this huge park within walking distance to us.

I’m also in the too much wax club, but I like your thoughts about it, AmyJo. :flirtysmile4: I’m going to try and remember that next time I look at my stash and get nervous.

ST Magically Delicious and Go To Sleep

ST The Collector ~ Blue Sugar and sweet peppermint cream

Wax Incredibles Mango Tangerine

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Greetings...

Thanks Mpfand...no nap but a lot of lazing around. [smilie=th_pardon]

Honeybear...yay! Glad you had a nice visit with your mom and sis! And so lucky to be able to watch the fireworks from the pool...cool! I hope your little fur babies weren't frightened. My brother was over with his pup and she was shaking...first tine she did that. :( Maybe she's getting more sensitive as she's getting older.

Well, it's Pocket Full Of Peonies in Blue Cotton Candy - Sugar Cookie - Waffle Cone...does anyone know what happened to her?

Have a good evening. ;)

Hi!

Just checking in. I’m so glad I got to enjoy scent today.

Mpfand-Hope your DD enjoys Canada.

Honeybear- Glad you had a nice visit with your Mom and sister. That’s a good way to put it- Too Much Wax Club. Lol

Maggie- What part of LBI did your DD go to? We had severe thunderstorms and mega flooding this afternoon.

Today felt like Saturday to me.

Just go back from dinner and heading to the arcade soon. Have a great night all!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Mpfand...I know what you mean! It's scary when they go off...but I'm sure she'll have lots of fun and be back before you know it!

Michele...She was in Long Beach although my relatives own a home in Beach Haven. Are you near either of those?

My scents are still going strong and we're heading out to a Graduation party in a few hours so I'll leave them.

Have a good one. :)

Well good morning everyone!

Can you believe it - 59 degrees this morning?? Ahhhhhh it's so lovely! And a good thing because we too are having a/c issues but the open windows are delicious.

Susan, I really hope your BF gets the a/c fixed before that horrible heat returns!

Mpfand, I love Coconut cream too, and I can imagine with FP it has lots of throw. ????. I hope your DD has a great time at the cabin in Canada. My kind of vacation too.

Michele, anything with SGA Cookie Monster in it has got to be good. ????

Maggie, I hope you had a better sleep last night! I'm sorry your brother's pup was frightened by the fireworks the other night and I definitely think this can get worse as they age. ????

Honeybear, I'm so happy that your visit with your mom and sister went well. You really took good care of them.???? No matter how much we love our families, I think having them in our house for multiple days is tough and I salute you.

So this morning it's

From a dear CF pal - Sniff My Tarts Sugar Cookie Dough Bread Lemon Meringue Pie Blackberry - this is so delicious and it's making me hungry. Thank you!! ????

From a wonderful CF pal - you folks are spoiling me! - CFTKR Homespun Goodness - have I mentioned that I like this vendor - just glorious, can't find the scent description but I think there is cinnamon and butter and maybe some orange. Heavenly!! Thank you!! ????

And

Golden Willow Waxes Try To Relax - Persian Cucumber and Grapefruit - a(nother) new vendor for me and I'm mightily impressed. So refreshing! Lovely throw.

Have a fine day all!

Amy

Morn ladies. Melting today: Old fashioned pulled taffy by CFOW

Life is a circus by The Bathing Garden.

BF was able to get someone to come out and fix A/C, thank goodness. He works night so he sleep during the day which is bad when it's really hot. Have a good day.

Susan ~ So glad your BF got his AC fixed. This is no time for faultering AC units!

Mpfand ~ I know exactly how you feel. [smilie=th_empathy] Last month when the girls were off on their European adventures, it felt like they were on another planet.

AmyJo ~ Wish I could have a slice of 59. [smilie=th_c032] It was 112 yesterday and will be 109 today. [smilie=th_cha40]

Maggie ~ Have fun at the Graduation party. [smilie=th_cocktail]

Michele ~ An arcade? How fun! I didn’t even know those existed anymore: [smilie=th_giggle]

ST Darth ~ The Omen (Ocean Breeze, Vanilla Bean Noel, Red Delicious Apple) and Rosemary Mint

Homemade Lily of the Valley

DD#2 was supposed to get back from her short trip to LA this morning, but will be gone an extra day.. She took a Greyhound there on Tuesday and didn’t want to take Greyhound back, and so is going to try something called Flixbus. What the heck is a Flixbus?! [smilie=th_thsignA] I wish she would just let me buy her a plane ticket. Ugh

Have a super day, all!

Hi All!

Melted SGA Coconut in the Kitchen. Great scent.

Maggie- I’m in North Beach Haven so probably only a few blocks from your relatives.

Honeybear- I haven’t been to the arcade in years. Really enjoyed it.

I used to hate when my kids went away when they were younger. I always worried about them and still do.

Need to head out early tomorrow. DH and I have to go to a friend’s brither’s wake in the afternoon. I have to drive DH to the airport at night. He will be back Friday night so that’s not too bad.

Honeybear - Holy Cow. That is too darn hot. But, you can melt wax in your car and make it smell pretty! ;)

I agree, Michele, I don't think it matters how old our young-uns get- when they travel, it seems to be all you think about until they are home safe.

I am liking my Golden Willow, too, AmyJo! I ordered a sampler, hoping my order will beat the 90+ weather we are getting next week.

One more day and vacation is over. I could get used to this. :blush:

Tonight - BH&G - Paradise Punch.

Good morning ladies!

Well I just lost an entire post - didn't realize I wasn't signed in - somehow it hadn't recognized me as it usually does. :th_crying:

Debra, you got me good with finding something good about Honeybear's 112 degree heat, saying she could melt waxies in her car! [smilie=th_coffeespew] Which sampler did you order from Golden Willow?

Susan, very happy that your BF got the a/c fixed, especially with him needing to sleep during the day. That's tough enough without being hot.

Maggie, how was the graduation party?

Honeybear, I hope DD#2 makes it home safety this morning on the Flixbus. I haven't heard about that either - we have a Megabus around here with crazy discounted rates - maybe it's the same model?

Michele, that sounds like a tough day, with a wake and having to take DH to the airport at night. Sending you a big hug.

Well, I'm using two tealight melters this morning and they really do the job:

Southbound Pure Bliss - fig, green apple and light woods - so different and beautiful! I'm using half of one clam cube and it's filling the house. Fabulous vendor. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

The Bathing Garden Take Me to the Sea - lemon, grapefruit, SSA, beachwood - so gorgeous and I want to melt this forever. Also beautifully decorated - even though it's a clammie, there are two adorable embedded wax sea creatures. I will follow this vendor anywhere. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Finally, just to mention - that Golden Willow Try to Relax - Persian Cucumber and Grapefruit - went strong for 24 hours. Interestingly, at the beginning the Cucumber was dominant, but at the finish there was the glorious grapefruit. Beautiful wax. :toppoints:

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Blue Hawaiian by Spotted Hog, very strong cherry

Boardwalk by Scentsationals: Salty Breeze, sunset sky.

Have a good Sunday.

Dear all, let's all pray for the Thai boys coming out of that cave.????????

Good Sunday Morning.

AmyJo...The graduation party was very nice...my niece is adorable! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I can't believe she's starting high school. I'm sorry to see your A/C isn't working!! Argh! Do you think you'll have it fixed before the next heat up?

Susan..glad that your A/C is back to normal. [smilie=th_sign0162] We don't usually appreciate our everyday convienances until they break, right?

Thanks Honeybear! It was nice. I can't believe you have 112 degrees! [smilie=th_th1ptgno] That's crazy! I've never heard of Flixbus...but it looks like an Uber bus service...lol.

Michele...sorry about your friends brother.

Debra...ending vacation always stinks. :( I hope you enjoyed it while you had it.

It's Peace In the Grass by OPT

Have a good one.