The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Joyful Jewels of Scent

Good Morning & Happy June!!

Cute title AmyJo! ;)

Starting my morning off with VCS Mayberry from a sweet CF pal...thanks!!!

Have a good one!

Good Morning!

Nice thread title AmyJo!

Melting SGA SSA Red Lipstick Vanilla Bean Noel from the SSA Sampler. Smells good so far.

Dreary day here again. I’m heading out to my bowling luncheon later.

Have a great day! I’m glad the weekend is here.

Good morning everyone and [smilie=th_bb20] !!

Thanks ladies, that's exciting to get to choose the title. ????

We had big storms last night and the power got knocked out again, so I brought out a bunch of old BBW and YC candles for every room for light and scent. It was actually lovely to smell them again and I will fit them into the scent rotation. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Maggie, I saw the schools around here wrapping it up this week and wondered, are you done with the school year yet? And hey I have a question - you asked me if I microwave my loaves before I cut them. [smilie=th_sSig_what] That's the first I've heard of that! I guess it keeps it from breaking apart? How long should I leave it in?

Debra, that Basil Nectarine sounds so delicious and I hadn't seen that combo before. You asked if I ride on bike trails and actually we live in the countryside so there are lots of winding roads with very little traffic. I just got this used bike and took it for its first spin yesterday - really runs nice. I don't go super fast. [smilie=th_giggle]

Susan, you mentioned that Watermelon Honeydew and it sent me digging for melon scents. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Michele, that Red Lipstick sounds tempting and I can't wait to receive that same sampler. I hope you have a wonderful time at your bowling luncheon! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

This morning I had that delicious note in my email - package delivery - and so I scurried up to the Post Office to find a note saying, see the desk. Which I did. And there was not one, but three boxes waiting for me :upssmiley1: ...big surprise because I had gotten the shipping notice from only one! It was Zeep, CFOW, and OPT. I haven't opened them up yet...savoring the moment....will report back later.

So overnight it was:

SGA Serene Rain Forest - this was so comforting...lavender, marshmallow, spearmint, hibiscus...it was lovely to sleep to. DH even commented how much he liked it.

And today it's a VCS day! I loooooove Kirby's blends!

The Chicago Outfit - blackberry, mango, ginger ale - so crisp and refreshing

An Offer You Can't Refuse - strawberry shortcake, blueberry cheesecake, lemon poppyseed - a favorite of all bakery scents for me

Tally Me Banana coin - honestly, light and fragrant on cold but nothing melting. Maybe it needed to cure longer.

His Largeness The Pyr hauled me through some poison ivy or oak and my right arm is a sight to behold. Calamine Lotion is my new BFF! [smilie=th_cha66]

Have a lovely day!

AmyJo

Hello everyone. Melting today: Honeysoaked Apple by Swan Creek

Apple Orchard by K's.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Honeybear, I'm glad it's Friday. One of my clients passed away on Wednesday night suddenly.

Oh, I'm so sorry Susan. No illness?

I'm another happy camper now that it's Friday! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

AmyJo...sorry to hear about the poison ivy/oak....I used to get it almost every year from weeding until I discovered two things...I wear old sweatsocks on my arms to protect them and if I wash my skin within a few minutes after touching it, I will not get a reaction. (Last year it flung into my face when I found out the last thing actually worked..lol) [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

I saw some YouTube videos about cutting loaves and I believe the amount of time depends upon the type of wax...hard or soft. I think I usually do 15-20 seconds and then flip it upside down and do the same. No cracking... [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Michele...I hope you enjoyed your luncheon! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Honeybear...sorry to hear your DD is not feeling well. Hope she's feeling better soon! I have another three weeks of school left...should have been two but the winter storms added on some days. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

It's SGA tonight...

Beach Blanket Bingo

Cotton Candy Beach Night Shaving Cream

Night

Great title, AmyJo! Three boxes! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Where do you start?

Cookie, I am sorry to hear that - I am sorry if you have mentioned it before -what type of work do you do?

We have poison oak here. It sure makes you pay attention when you are out hiking!

CFTKR restock in the morning...must be strong...

Getting in the mood - just in case - CFTKR, Campfire S'mores. :blush:

Popping in for a quick hello! Hope you all are doing well. DD#2 is back with a nasty cold that's complicating her jet lag. :( So nice to have her back, though!

AmyJo ~ I finally got my CFOW order last night. Haven't had time to sniff!

Susan ~ Hope your week turned around for the better.

Michele ~ The order from CFOW I received had a second SSA Sampler. My first order last month is still "curing". lol Now I can melt it since I'll have back up. :blink:

I haven't bowled in ages. I was on a league when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I think I will look for a bowling alley here.

Maggie ~ When is school out for you?

Debra ~ I'm in the same boat as you. Where do I put all of this wax? :wacko: I have one more outstanding order...VRC...and I have asked her to hold it until she gets her ice packs in. I'm worried it will melt since we are supposed to get to 112 next Saturday. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Zeep Beach Towels ~ DD#2 is really loving this one. Thank you CF sweetie. [smilie=thank_you]

Waxincredibles Coconut Milk & Lavender

Have a great day!

Sorry! I posted my last post in the wrong month earlier. ????

I sniffed my CFOW order earlier. All smell amazing! Especially I like one of the Barbershop 1920s blends, the one with ocean breeze or something like that. It smells soooo good! I'd check now, but I have a kitty cat on my lap.

Good Morning!

Looks lime it’s going to be a beautiful day. I have my nephew’s college graduation party today.

My bowling luncheon went well yesterday and then I had a church dinner at night. Busy day but fun.

Got up very early today and just relaxing. I’m melting SGA The Love Boat.

I finally got a chance to sniff my CFOW order. I can’t wait to try these. No idea where to store this wax. I will just take it to the beach house for now and worry about it in September. Glad I’m not the only one with this storage problem. I think it’s best not to look at the restocks. The more I melt the quicker I can order again. I have noticed that when I say it’s time for a wax ban I get nervous and order more than ever. Does this happen to anyone else?

Susan-Hope this is a better week for you.

I will peek back in here later. Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

Morn everyone. Melting today: Lady in the gentlemen's club by Bento: forever red with gentlemen club blend.

Debra, I work for a non-medical caregiving agency. Have been doing this for 12 years. It's never easy losing someone, that one part of the job I don't like. When they called to tell me I [smilie=th_smiley-crying] I have meet alot of wonderful people and feel blessed to have know this lady.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Good Mornin' [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Susan...I'm sorry about your loss. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Michele...it's so funny what we do...I tend to slow down melting when I have an overload of wax! Why??? I have no idea!! Even when I'm on a ban...it's so weird. Enjoy your graduation! I'm heading to a birthday celebration...glad it looks like good weather too.

Still melting the same SGA scents...see what I mean? LOL

Have a good one. ;)

Good morning everyone! [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Another rocky night with thunderstorms. Montgomery ended up making himself sick, he was so upset. So we are not exactly bright-eyed this morning. I hope he will sleep it off and wake up refreshed. It's a clear day, thank Heaven. As a little added touch, the coffeepot seems to have conked out - it's a conspiracy!! - so a quick trip to Wally's is in order. [smilie=th_insane]

Susan, I admire the work you do so much. I think caregiving is such a tough job and I hope it is rewarding for you, because as you say when you lose a client to their passing, this has to be heartbreaking. I know her life was much better because of your caring hands. Sending you a big hug. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Honeybear, I'm sorry DD#2 is fighting both a cold and jet lag! I'm glad you finally got the CFOW order. That's good stuff, isn't it?! I absolutely agree with your daughter on the Zeep Beach Towels - the sea spray / lemongrass / laundry combo is one of my favorite summer scents.

Michele, glad you had fun with the bowling luncheon and church dinner. And happy that you too got your CFOW order, that makes three of us! Where to store things - the eternal question - I have a basket system but I seem to be approaching capacity - melt, melt! I hope you have fun at your nephew's graduation party. [smilie=party]

Maggie, thanks for the advice on the microwaving before chopping! I never ever would have dared to do that. And as for this poison oak, this is the first time I've ever had any reaction to any plant in my life and I'm not a fan. [smilie=angry] I'm outside a lot and I will take your guidance to heart, to wear long sleeves and wash right away. It itches like the dickens but the calamine spray is excellent. It says this can last up to three weeks but I'm hoping that's just an Internet hoax. [smilie=th_aa17]

Debra, thanks for enabling on the CFTKR restock! [smilie=th_LOVE] I am doing my best to not look over there...maybe just a quick peek... I said I wasn't going to add any more vendors but then Maggie made those blends on OPT and the order was gorgeous and there is no end to this... [smilie=th_cha40]

Well as mentioned I received three boxes yesterday - Christmas in June! - and the orders were all beautiful:

CFOW - several bags of chunks, two bags of assorted small adorable shapes, and the Large Unicorn which is so adorable I am sure I won't be able to melt him. Michele went completely over the top!

Zeep - a smaller order because I still have things curing, but three new summer melts - completely gorgeous, fresh colors and lovely scents. They will be on the curing shelf for a couple of months.

OPT - my first time with this vendor and I'm delighted - such pretty chunks in a lovely meltable size and Maggie's great blends.

Well this morning it's an assortment - turned things off last night when Montgomery was ill so some are holdovers -

SGA Banana Moon Pie - I love this - just like it sounds and while I'm not usually a huge banana fan, this is really delightful - soft banana scent with a bit of bakery, making me hungry.

CFOW Carnival by the Sea - I may have mentioned that I love this - in two melters and my most beloved of all wax scents.

ScentSations Guava Peach - so juicy and tempting, a big summer scent.

OK it's off to The Store for a new coffeepot. Have a great Saturday all!

AmyJo

I received my order from CFOW the other day.

I got Remote Island a bag

Mooncake square in the following:

Amazon Mist

Applewood & Fern

Vanilla Blossom

Violet Leaf & Sweet Grass

Yesterday I order other mystery box it was on sale yesterday only.

Susan! That makes 4 of us with CFOW loot this week! And oooh, you got some of the Moon Cakes. I think those are so pretty and fragrant! Let us know what you think of those scents.

AmyJo

Cute title, AmyJo! ;) How is it June already? :o

Honeybear, I hope your DD is feeling better.

Susan, I am sorry for your loss. :( You are a strong person with an admirable career.

AmyJo, hope you were able to get a good dose of caffeine. :D

I melted Zeep Beach Towels the other day and got absolutely zero throw. I even moved it to a smaller room and still nothing. :huh: I know I would love the scent if I could smell it. Today I'm melting a gift from a sweet C.F. gal, Beach Bombshell from VCS. This I can smell and I love it! [smilie=th_yay]

Have a goid day, everyone. [smilie=th_wave]

Susan, it must be so hard to lose a client, you develop such wonderful relationships with them. It hurts your heart when that happens, I am sure.

Gosh, AmyJo - I feel so bad for Montgomery. His poor little nervous system must be so stressed out!

Michele - :sSig_agreed: I really just need to stay away from restocks. If I look, I usually order! There are so many interesting blends that I can't live without!

Tonight it is Rocket's Blackberry BD Cake Coconut Cotton Candy Frosting.

Morn ladies. Both of the melts today are from Pure Integrity soy candle co, found these in a christmas shop in a near by town.

Buds & Berries: juicy berries and fresh flora buds.

Strawberry Rhubarb

Hope everyone has a nice day. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Hello dear everyone,

I have sad news to share. Yesterday, after Montgomery had made himself sick with the thunderstorms, he was sleeping on and off and I just stayed near him and didn't go out. He wasn't himself, and I hugged him and told him how much I love him, that it was all right. He kept putting his paw on my arm. He gradually became more and more still and then he slipped away. He was 12, a good long life for a big dog like him. I think the past week of multiple storms was too much for his nervous system.

He was the dearest dog I have ever known, a fearless farm dog and livestock guardian when we had a family farm, and my loyal protector when Steve was playing evening shows. We walked together many miles in the woods and when a man bothered me one time, Montgomery made it very clear that he should stop. That was his fiercer side, and it was very effective.

I knew this would be a tough one. I have loved many animals in my life and this is always hard, but he was a special, calm, loving friend and I have been dreading this day. I am so grateful that we slept together on the floor the last couple of nights.

I kept Jack Sparrow and Carnival by the Sea going all night, actually on the good advice of a dear friend, and this was a great comfort to me.

To everything there is a season. He was a great blessing in my life.

Thank you for reading this and for your friendship in scent,

AmyJo

Amyjo, so sorry you lost Montgomery. :( Such a sad time but at least he knew you were right there beside him. Your post got me all choked up. Hugs.

Susan, sorry about your loss... I'm sure it must be difficult since you care for them and can't help but be attached emotionally . Hugs.

Maggie, 3 weeks left?!! Wow! My DS will be done this week with Weds, Thurs and Fri being half days for final exams. Hang in there girl.

I placed an order for some CFTKR melts yesterday. I've been ordering from Carol for at least 13 years or so. Everything is just so consistently incredible about her and her waxies! I cannot wait to get these since my stash of her tarts has dwindled down to only a few random scents.

Have a nice Sunday. Our High School graduation is today and since DS is in the band, he will be playing today. He's not looking forward to sitting through the entire ceremony though lol.

AmyJo, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Montgomery. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] You provided him with a good life and I know your love and companionship meant as much to him as it did to you. Hugs to you. [smilie=th_empathy]

Aria...you have graduation on a Sunday? Wow, I've never heard of that although it may be common. In all honesty, I don't mind the three weeks as long as we can get outside....I will miss these little buggers a lot come summer! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Mpfand...don't you hate when that happens? It drives me crazy....I always wonder why I can't smell it! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

It was CFOW Salty Sea Air Pink Sugar Marshmalllow Fluff and The Lost Boys yesterday

This morning is Zeep Luke's Diner

Have a good one.

AmyJo ~ I'm so sorry about Montgomery and feel so sad. It's such a blow to lose our precious fur babies. Hugs to you, my friend.

Susan ~ So sorry for your loss. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Mpfand ~ I also had zero throw from the Zeep Beach Towels in one warmer and then tried again in another one the next day and it threw great. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Aria ~ I went to Carol's site, but guess I was too late. [smilie=th_sign0164] I have one Sterilite drawer full of CFTKR. LOVE her wax!

Debra and Maggie ~ Your scent choices for the day have me drooling.

LSC Screaming Apparitions and Butter Brickle Shortbread ~ These were starting to leak out of the containers so I had to melt them, and they smell amazing! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

CFOW Salty Sea Air, Lavender, and Marshmallow ~ Okay, I now "get" all the SSA hype. Such a beautiful smell. :wub:

DD#1 is preparing to leave for her trip. Not sure which of us is more nervous... [smilie=th_sad-1]