The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Joyful Jewels of Scent

Morn ladies. Melting today is Bento wax: First Date

Elastic heart: White chocolate covered strawberries

Dem V-day cookies: Lovespell with store bought cookies

Galentine's Roll: Sparkling Pomegranate, champagne with vanilla ice cream

Have a good day.

Good morning, ladies! th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gifIt is cloudy and I hear thunder not far from here.

AmyJo, okay, now I have to check out this Scented Squirrel shop! yes.gif

Maggie, I'm going to check your store out- how exciting!! th_dancing_smile.gif

Aria, I hope you get a chance to rest or nap today! thzzz003.gif

Today I'm melting a friend's Pink Sugar Mallow Zucchini Bread- love it! th_smilies-2.gif

Good Morning All!

Thanks Amy Jo and Aria! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] It is fun!

Biolaeagles...we had thunder rumble through early this morning....boy, it was loud! [smilie=th_107]

Aria...I tried to take my twin DDs to see the Incredibles 2 last night at 10:45 pm, however, when we got there, the doors were locked! Turns out my DD was looking at the times for Friday. Argh. We're going to try to find another day when we're all available...10:45 pm seems to be the only time... [smilie=th_smiley-yawn] I'll have to keep my eyes out for that movie short beforehand....hmmmmm. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Curious.

Susan...you always have some interesting scents going!

AmyJo...Safe travels on your trip! I'm SURE you took enough waxies....do you use a plug in warmer when you go or a tea light?

It's Scarlet Raine this morning in French Unicorn....I love this scent..saltwater taffy, cotton candy frosting, whipped cream and marshmallow. This is the last of the bag. :( I do wish her stuff was a bit more firm in consistency...but the throw is outrageous.

I've come to realize that the reason I have soooo much wax is that I tend to buy things in bags or loaves! Probably the reason.

Have a great day. :)

[smilie=th_Hello_]

I'm jealous of all of you who are hearing thunder on the horizon. It's dry as a bone here. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

AmyJo ~ Enjoy your business trip and your yummy wax at the end of the day! [smilie=th_biqazm1] Bathing Garden wax is so pretty! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

DD#2 flew in this morning after a stressful few days. She was supposed to get here on Monday, but last night I changed her flight. This is the hard part, when they need help and you can't get to them right away. :( At least she is here now and resting.

Wax Incredibles Vanilla Pound Cake

Dessa's Rosemary Mint

Dessa's Pink Pillows ~ Pink Sugar, Cotton Candy Frosting, Fluffy Marshmallow, and Sweet Peppermint Candy

Good evening all!

A quick hello from the hotel. Since we have been talking about lapses in memory, may I mention that tonight I tried to check into the Holiday Inn, where I often stay. When they couldn't find my name, I pulled out my itinerary and yep, I was booked at the Howard Johnson's. I tried to laugh it off but the lady didn't smile. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Aria - yes, the short feature before Incredibles 2 is very different - I didn't get it at first. I've since read interviews with the creator and that has helped me to appreciate where she was coming from. I was glad to see something so steeped in another culture, yet with universal themes. I also found it startling at times!

Maggie, when I travel, I bring an electric warmer. I was always forgetting the matches for the votive melters. Your Scarlet Raine melt sounds delicious.

Susan, all of your scents sound wonderful and intriguing.

Biolaeagles! What did you think of the Scented Squirrel website?

Honeybear, your daughter is lucky to have such a caring momma. I hope she is settling in and feeling better.

So that's it for now! I have a heavy wax rotation going here in the room (now that I'm in the correct hotel).

Have a lovely night, all!

Late-Breaking News from the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Firstly - and thanks to Honeybear as a trusted Co-Enabler - Dessa's Heavenly Scents Restock is this Sat-Sun from 10 AM Sat to 4 PM Sun, PST.

Next - Closet Full of Wax has just added THIRTY new house blends for bags of chunks, website open all the time. They all sound divine.

Lastly, The Scented Squirrel is making a change (after the current two pre-order samplers) from Pre-Order to Ready to Ship Samplers. She will have a new sampler every few weeks, including the State Samplers which have a unique scent shot for each state in the US. I think she's up to the third set of the State Samplers. (How can we get our hands on the first two??)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled activities.

[smilie=th_cc24]

[smilie=th_coffeespew] AmjJo - you got me on the hotel mix up! I have done that with vets - 2 close by, have gone to both...

BYW - I would be asking for a commission with all of your enabling! [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Honeybear, I'm glad she is home and all is well. Thank heavens for cell phones and internet. Wonder how our parents did it?

I am so ready for Friday! Enchanted Forest by CBV in the melter (and patchouli blend) and off I go: [smilie=th_blij80]

Good Morning!

It’s a gorgeous day at the Jersey Shore. I’m in heaven.

Melting CFOW Carnival by the Sea.

Honeybear-Glad your daughter is home safe and sound.

AmyJo-Glad you found the right hotel. Everyone's Scents sound delicious.

Have a great day!!

Good Morning...almost afternoon.

AmyJo....lolololol....I'm glad you found your actual hotel....that's something I'd do!! Thanks for the updates! Gonna hafta go check out those new blends!

Michele...it's a hot one for sure! My DD is at Belmar and it's insanely crowded today...I'm just gonna hang here at the pool...crowded beaches make me [smilie=th_5337c1ad] At least you can it enjoy it from home!

Honeybear...so glad your DD is home safe and sound.

It's the last of my Scarlet Raine loaf Lovespell Twist upstairs...lovely

Downstairs it's On the Road Again by Sweet Sage Scents

And Buttercream Drizzle Bread Mango Sorbet Apricot Vanilla by Sniff My Tarts

Have a great day! :)

Hi friends.

Popping in to report how much I love the Dessa’s Pink Pillows. It morphed overnight into the most beautiful scent. It’s kind of funny though, because last night I thought it was on the lighter side and was a bit disappointed. [smilie=th_scratch]

Added in Dessa’s Seaside Escape ~ Salt and brine ocean air sweetened with lavender and toasted marshmallow

Love hanging out with DD#2. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I think we’ll head to the mall later.

Michele ~ enjoy the Jersey shore!

Thanks everyone!

Honeybear-Glad you are enjoying your DD’s visit.

Maggie- My DD’s rented houses for years in Belmar. The kids all love it there.

Just switched out my scent. Loved CFOW Carnival by the Sea but the throw is different here. I think it’s the ceiling fan. This is a very large open area and I’ve noticed scents don’t carry the same way. I might have to add another warmer.

Now melting SGA Petals of Spring Cottage Breeze. Let’s see if it carries better.

Hi ladies, and happy Friday!th_76d65c2f.gif DH is grilling up some bacon wrapped beef for dinner, yum! th_dancing_smile.gif

AmyJo, too funny about the hotel mix-up! th_giggle.gif

Honeybear, so glad you get to spend time with your DD # 2. th_slider_flirt.gif Get anything good at the mall?

Today I'm melting Key Lime and Toasted Raspberry Coconut Zucchini Bread from CFTKR. th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Michele - I would love to see the Jersey Shore someday! Have a great time!

Honeybear, it sounds like you have some yummy scents from Dessa's. Been a bit since I ordered, I need to go window shop. Of course you know what that means! :sSig_heeheehee:

Do your pets tell time? Everynight at 8:00 it is time for kitty treats and I have one patting my arm right now. I know what that means! One is reminding me it is time! [smilie=th_pardon]

So, off I go - Kushner Kreations - Morning Wake Up Call (coffee) is in the melter.

Good morning everyone!

So very lovely to be back home where I belong. DH and I were both so exhausted last night that we ate our supper and then went to bed while it was still light. [smilie=th_offtobed] We are The Wild Ones.

Michele, I am so happy you are enjoying the Jersey Shore. With this heat, that sounds like one of the few acceptable things to be doing! [smilie=th_WE1summer013] And I have the same issue with summer air currents in the house - where is the scent going?? I hunt it down and sometimes it's all huddled in a corner. [smilie=th_confused3]

Maggie, I hope you're enjoying pool time! I'm right there with you in having ordered too many large bags and too many loaves, lovely though they are. I woke up one day when a huge loaf arrived in a new scent that I ended up not liking. Trying to stick to single chunks and scent shots now. Most of the time. :sSig_Muahaha:

Debra, you are so right [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] - I think all our pets have hidden wristwatches. If the food doesn't appear right on schedule, there is much paw on arm / barking / meowing behavior from all of them. Who is in charge here?! I think we know. [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Biolaeagles, my DH would like to know if he can head your way for some of the bacon-wrapped beef, LOL.

Honeybear, I know what you mean - sometimes it takes awhile for a scent to "morph" while it's melting. I have no clue why this is, but it's like there's some hidden secret in the wax that takes a few hours to come out. Some of the VRC scents are like that for me - it's like they mature in the melt bowl.

Cookielady - anything with Raspberry gets my vote! :flirtysmile4:

Well I arrived home last night and scurried up to the PO Box to find a gorgeous giftie box from a sweet CF pal! [smilie=th_teks0311] Now I have new vendors to try! So last night and this morning it's been:

SGA Cucumber Mint Watermelon - delicious!

CFTKR Cappuccino Brulee - coffee scents are some of my favorites and ohhhhh, this is delicious, just the right mix of coffee and cream.

and

*drum roll please*

CFTKR Sweet Berry Cakes Cream Cheese Frosting - [smilie=th_smilies-2] - first of all, adorable cupcake shape, and secondly - the scrumptious scent! The excellent throw! I am completely impressed. *ordering temptation ahead* Thank you!!

Have a lovely Saturday and stay cool!

AmyJo

Afternoon everyone. Melting today: Poolside Paradise by Spotted Hog

Peaches & Cream by BHG

Debra, we have use those kind of candles before usually have a couple going.

Good Morning

It's soooooo hot here today! Not as hot as you Mpfand....I can't even imagine that....but it's humid and 91 going up to 94. Yikes. I'll venture out to the pool but probably spending most of the day indoors. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Debra...yes, we use citronella candles. I usually get some as gifts from my students. They work ok but we recently discovered that placing it under the table seems to work better to keep bugs away from our legs...the table top catches the odor. The only problem is someone possibly kicking it over so my Dad who is a carpenter in his free time is working on building some kind of wooden funnel to keep the candle in. Lololol

AmyJo...CFTKR has amazing tarts but she rarely opens nowadays....I long for the days when she had an eBay store that was constantly stocked. I have only managed to order once since she started doing quiet openings years ago. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Biolaeagles...yummy! That dinner sounds wonderful! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

It's London Calling by Wonderberry

And California Wasted by Ramble On

Have a good one. :)

Hi friends it's so hot here! DS and I are going in the pool very soon. Otherwise we've been inside. It's close to 100 with the heat index. We'll have to load up on sunscreen or we'll fry! [smilie=th_OMG]

Melting RG Pink Sugar Cool Cucumber... A nice blend for hot days

Debra, the citronella candles are just so so as far as I'm concerned. You need several burning at once to achieve the desired effect of chasing the mosquitoes away. I very rarely stay outside once it starts getting dark unless I have on long pants and long sleeves otherwise I get eaten alive. No kidding and that's with the citronella candles burning! [smilie=th_gif]

Hi All!

I agree with you Maggie. Much too hot to venture out today. It’s 86 by the water and very humid. No thank you. I’m in the air conditioning with a ceiling fan. I’m very happy. They are all at the beach and I’m enjoying the quiet.

Melting today SGA Lemon Beignet from a lovely CF friend. I’m loving this. I looked it up on the website but there’s no record of it. I wanted more.

I also received a wonderful box of goodies today from a sweet CF friend. This truly made my day. So so generous!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Debra, it's too hot and dry here for mosquitoes. I haven't been bit by one since we moved here 12 years ago. :o But my family in ID have not had much luck with citronella candles. <_<

Melting Pink Sands from YC. Nice, soft scent.

Stay cool, everyone.[smilie=th_dd5] I don't envy your humidity. :sSc_faint: I'm heading out to our pool. Lazy pool days are my favorite. B)

Good afternoon, everyone! It is crazy hot here. 91 and 104 with humidity! We are traveling to CA to visit our family and friends this week they are having the hottest week this week- 109. Ahhh! No escaping the heat. th_cha60.gif

Today I'm melting Salty Sea Air from SGA. th_slider_flirt.gif