The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Joyful Jewels of Scent

Biolaeagles, have fun at the movies with DS2 today! I hope he has a fun birthday tomorrow. [smilie=th_blij40]

Aria, have fun shopping! I love Kohl's! And they have wax, too. [smilie=th_c032]

I also only melt one scent at a time; in the main living areas, anyway. I typically have 3 warmers going in the kitchen/great room with the same scent. Bedrooms have different scents, but they're upstairs and don't interfere. Lol. Today's scent is Mango Luau from ScentSationals.

[smilie=th_hello] from rainy Arizona! [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Yep, hard to believe, but we woke up to a rainy, cool (70 degrees) day. It’s awesome! Only two days ago it was 109! [smilie=th_dd5]

Biolaeagles ~ [smilie=th_8d1933ff] to your DS. Hope you enjoy your day together! Ooh! Your SMT scents sound so good.

Aria ~ Don’t you just love Kohl’s and their coupons?

Maggie ~ I tried to get your blends the other day, but they were sold out. She’s already shipped the five other bags in my first-time order. [smilie=th_excited-1]

I’m with you Michele and Debra, I don’t have room for more wax, but Zeep has samplers and it’s so tempting.

Dessa’s Butter Pecan Crunch Ice Cream

Southbound Baja Blossom

Southbound Pink Peppermint

Welp, the toilet is still not working properly, So now they’ve got a tank on order, but at least I have the broken tile under the bowl replaced. It’s not a big deal. It still works, and we have three other toilets, it’s just that what’s off needs to be taken care of during the warranty period.

I just lost my long chatty post. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Blah.

So, this one will be shorter. [smilie=th_fear8]

AmyJo - thanks for letting us know about the Maggie Blends area on the website. Still looking for grapefruit, I will need to visit.

Also - I ended up with a Galaxy S9 phone. Lots of learning to do.

Honeybear - glad to hear there are back up toilets! That could have been a serious problem. (And that coffee sampler is calling my name...)

Maggie, I missed the LSC sales, also. I wish there was a fool-proof way to know when she will be open! Lots of going to the website and clicking around right now.

I had an odd one - I pulled out a sampler that I bought last year - and every label had faded and was pretty much blank. That is the 2nd time that has happened...with different vendors. It must be a label/printer ink combo that does not hold up. I am not a really big fan of "mystery scents", I like to know what flavors I have going. :huh:

So far I have been strong, no orders (except a little B&BW soap order, that doesn't count, I am pretty sure.) [smilie=th_c032]

Maggie - what did you think about the Lavender Shaving Cream? I :skywriter: both of those!

Well, this is not so short, after all!

Tonight - Northern Lite Candle Company - an oldie. Wild Elderberry and it is still pretty strong.

Hope you are having a fun Saturday night! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Hi All!

Biolaeagles-Happy Birthday to your DS! I hope he enjoyed the movie.

Maggie-I really shouldn’t have but I did. I placed a first time order with Zeep. This is what I got-

The Cupcake Sampler. The Coffee Sampler looked good also but I still have most of my SGA Cookie Sampler to melt.

Twinkie Cake Pops

Push Pop

Monkey Business

Clowning Around

I also wanted Bora Bora and Sticky Fingers but they were sold out..

Really anxious to try this vendor.

Maggie-you are a celebrity!! I had a nice time at the party. Thanks. It was down by you.

Think I need to see if I have any bubblegum scents. I hav never tried that before.

Just finished up the last of SGA Noel’s Birthday Latte before I left for the day. .

Have a good night everyone,

Good morning ladies!

Another steamy day here in Ohio, to be in the mid-90's again, and this is June?

First of all, I just noticed that one of you lovely souls tried to PM me here on the forum but for some reason that feature isn't working for me. I was able to leave a "comment" but not a message so please check and I'm very sorry I didn't see this yesterday.

Michele! Looks like a delicious Zeep order! You know that Push Pop was my first wax love. I'm excited to hear what you think about everything! Even Ashley's packaging is beautiful so enjoy!

Debra - don't you hate when a long post disappears?? And that's too bad about the labels fading away...like you, I want to know what I'm melting. I try to guess the scents but sometimes I'm way off base. [smilie=th_pardon] You're absolutely correct - a B&BW soap order doesn't count at all in stash considerations.

Honeybear, I hope you are still getting cooler weather and the rain sounds like a big relief after your temps in the 100's. :sFun_hot: I'm really sorry the toilet is putting up such a fight. I love the sound of that Dessa's Butter Pecan Crunch.

Mpfand - Kohl's has wax?? [smilie=th_th1ptgno] What kind of wax? Any recos?

Biolaeagles!! How was the movie? *details please* And Happy Birthday to your son today! That chocolate mint melt sounds soooo tempting.

Susan - how was that Sunflower melt? I haven't heard of Huntington Home...*another one to research*

Maggie - that's exciting that OPT may have another CYO event before they go on vacation! Be thinking about the next assortment for Maggie's Blends II! [smilie=th_aa21]

Aria! How did the wardrobe shopping go? And that Bear Claw melt sounds scrumptious - I haven't ordered yet from CFTKR - that looks like a big black hole that I will surely disappear into because her shapes are all adorable.

OK well I *may* have placed a few orders over the last two days - once the finger was removed from the dike, the waters did pour.

OPT - three flip-flop orders in Maggie's Blends [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

VRC - Queen of Hearts chunks - yay! yay! Had a blood pressure spike when it wasn't among the loaves - messaged Sarah - she directed me to the chunks.

Zeep - Coffee Sampler and Cupcake Sampler (both still available, which surprises me...Ashley must have made a lot! Celebration!)

CFOW - well, Michele sent out a gorgeous coupon, what was I to do? (Debra, you may have mentioned this) - anyway I ordered an assortment of her adorable or spooky shapes - The New Guy, Jack Skellington, 3-D Skulls, Mini Roses, Super Mario, Kitty Fish Bowl in whatever scents I wanted. Some of them were CYO blends, and since I don't know how to do that, I just added marshmallow to whatever it was. Honestly, I don't know how Michele keeps up when she is so willing to do these personalized orders - she is a marvel.

So my justification here is that the largest order is the Zeep samplers, which will need to cure until Fall so it doesn't really count toward the current stash. [smilie=th_aa17] I may have to up my ounces per day to keep up with the rest of it, though. [smilie=th_insane]

So this morning it's:

FP Mac Apple - and may I say, IMHO there is no vendor with stronger throw, or greater longevity. Typically, right out of the mailbox, this is true. Angie is amazing. These particular grubbies have some cure time on them, which is almost a dangerous thing --- the horses in the neighboring farm can smell the apples. Gorgeous!

OK as usual this is too long but [smilie=th_aa18] and hope you have an awesome Sunday.

AmyJo

Good Morning!

All of this talk on here about bubblegum makes me want to try it. Is the coupon code still valid at CFOW? Where would I find it? I want to order both Patrick and Hot Mess.

Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s out there. We will have to celebrate with DH next weekend. He isn’t home this weekend. We are taking my Dad out later for dinner.

When my DD comes home later she is going to help me out with seeing everything on this site. I am unable to access messages and comments and emojis. Hopefully she can help me figure out what is going on.

Melting SGA SSA Shaving Cream from the SSA Sampler. The SGA Samplers are so pretty to look at and offer such a variety of scents. I have so many of them and they are wonderful.

AmyJo-I ordered the Zeep Push Pop because I know you love it.

Enjoy Father’s Day !!

I found the sale code for CFOW. I ordered the bubblegum scents.

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Rock Candy by Scentsationals, really good

Kiss me kate by Satin Suzie: Coconut, Pistachio Cream Pie, different but in a good way. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

AmyJo, Kohl's has candles, clammies and some YC. They also have San Miguel reed diffusers, which I really like both for looks and scent. I've tried the Sonoma brand of clams and liked them. They're often 50% off and when paired with a coupon it makes them around $2. ;)

I was sorting through some of my Scentsy clams and found a reeeeally old one, Root Beer. This has to be at least 5 years old. I remember DD wanted it. It was oily and discolored, but I tossed a few cubes in a couple of warmers and it smells fantastic. I can't believe how realistic it smells and I can't believe I like it. [smilie=th_pardon] Not a scent I'd ever pick out.

Hope everyone enjoys their day. Happy Father's Day. [smilie=th_smiley_beer]

Awww Michele I hope you like Push Pop. At the risk of sounding like a broken record - Zeep melts are like a fine wine - give them two months minimum, and preferably three, to cure.????????

There were some I received that smelled next to nothing upon arrival, and then filled the house a few months later. ????

AmyJo-What's a good cure time for VCS and CFOW as these are new to me vendors. You aren’t a broken record. I really appreciate your imput.

Thank you Michele, that's very kind of you. Well, to me, CFOW doesn't need much curing at all, but I usually give it a couple of weeks to be on the safe side. For VCS, 4-8 weeks and it gets better and better. ???? I hope you enjoy your new melts!

Mpfand, I a tried Root Beer melt from a friend awhile back, (thank you!) I was not really sure what to expect - but it was a good one! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Michele - I let my VCS sit for quite awhile...months! In fact, I am melting Romeo & Juliet tonight and it says it was poured in 2016!

It was hot today, and we had a wind storm this afternoon. I felt so bad for the Blue Jays, they have nests in the tall evergreens that were being whipped around. The birds were flying around, squawking - it hurt my heart to see them so frantic. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I looked for little birds or eggs on the ground and did not see anything worrisome, so fingers crossed!

Good morning everyone! :sSig_sup:

I hope everyone enjoyed Father's Day yesterday with all the dads. I miss my father very much; he passed away two years ago, a year after my mom. Yesterday we went to the movies and out for lunch so DH had a good day.

Well it is hotter than June seems to have ever been, which means riding my bike at 6 AM. A dragonfly followed me along for quite awhile this morning and I enjoyed his company. :flirtysmile4:

Now, you all have me wanting root beer melts...I did order Root Beer grubby tarts from FP and that order should arrive this week sometime. That will be first to go into the melter. In the meantime I made DH go up to Speedway for root beer and vanilla ice cream last night. It was very good but I would prefer the non-caloric melts. [smilie=th_cc8]

Debra, the poor Blue Jays, and you are very dear to worry about them. I'm glad you didn't find any eggs or babies on the ground. I realize that Nature has her ways but they aren't always easy.

Mpfand, thank you for the good info on Kohls. I like reed diffusers so will keep my eye on those. Probably best for me not to go there at all but now that I know they have all those lovely items.... [smilie=superman]

Michele, if you learned any tricks about the site with your daughter, I would love to learn more too. I'm just happy to be able to read and post here but it looks like there are other features behind the scenes. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Well this morning I broke out another SGA mini chunk pie and it is delicious:

SGA Grinder's Café (Latte, Old Time Bakery Shoppe, Sugar Cookies, Marshmallow Birthday) and it is STRONG. These cured for I guess about 2 months from when they were poured. I love it - the coffee and a caramel note seem strongest, which I love - but DH was not a fan. He got up and said, "What are you melting, it's swallowing us up!" but he left for work and I will WFH today so I can continue to enjoy it. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

OK dear ones, that's it. Yesterday I actually got a message on here that I had used too many emojis [smilie=th_thWTF] so I am trying to restrain myself.

Have a good Monday and stay cool,

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Theme for day is beach. Melting: Beach Bum by Spotted Hog

Myrtle Beach, Caroline Beach, Daises, Salty Sea Air by L3, yellow wax with a blue seashell of wax in the middle. Beautiful.

Hope everyone will stay cool day. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

AmyJo, you use too many emoji's? [smilie=th_funny_sign] I didn't know that was possible. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Susan, I love all your beach scents. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Melting Raspberry Margarita from ScentSationals. [smilie=th_thjoseandcousinm] This is really good and not too sweet.

Hi there!

Sounds like everyone enjoyed the weekend! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Yesterday was the eighth anniversary of my father’s passing, and being it was also Father’s Day, it was more difficult than usual. I miss him so much. I melted his favorite candle ~ Yankee Sage and Citrus. :wub:

AmyJo ~ I had the same thing happen last week with the emojis. [smilie=th_laughing]

DD#1 Is heading back here tomorrow night. [smilie=th_dancing_smile] This time she only has four flights home instead of the six she had out there.

SB American Smoothie ~ Pink Sugar, orange sherbet, and American Cream (Lush Type)

SB Summer Breeze ~ Peach, watermelon, neroli, jasmine, aquatic notes, and musk

I’ve had a cart with Zeep filled with goodies. Still on the fence... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Late breaking news from the Enabling Department: ????

Tomorrow (Tuesday) - VCS Restock, 9 AM CST.

FP is introducing new star shapes, 15 of them equivalent to 4 grubby tarts.

You may now return to your evenings...

*you are welcome*

What Amy? You used too many emojis? Lolololol [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] That must be a glitch....soooo funny! I am a dragonfly nut....everything in my house is dragonflies so I'm loving that a dragonfly followed you today!

Oh and btw...."late breaking news from the enabling department"? [smilie=th_slider_brent]

Well, today was the last day of my Monday, Wednesday, Friday class....bittersweet. There are quite a few this year that I will miss very much! Tomorrow is the last day of Tuesday, Thursday classes and then clean up for the rest of the week.

Debra...I loved those two chunks from VRC! That Lavender Shaving Cream was lovely! I hope those Bluejays are ok.

Mpfand...love it when Wax has a long shelf life!!

Tonight it's an oldie from Long Cane Primitive...Mango Cotton Candy Frosting....delicious. This one is 4 years old. I can't believe it...it doesn't feel like it's been that long...but it's kicking!

Goodnight all.

AmyJo!! I am very glad I have to be at work bright and early in the morning!

Maggie, it must be hard to watch the little ones head off each year. Do you ever have a reunion so you have a chance to see them again? [smilie=th_smilies-2]

I have not heard of excessive emojis! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

We have 90 degree weather for the next few days - bad timing, I have an order coming this way in a couple of days. Hopefully I have a kind mailperson and they find some shade. I have often wondered - you know how packages get stolen off of porches? Wonder what some guy would do with a big box of wax? [smilie=th_funny_sign]

Tonight it is Lemon Drop - TCC. I have a bunch of this vendor to work my way through - some of my oldies.

Good morning dear ladies,

A very early call for work this morning [smilie=th_smiley-yawn] so the coffee pot is doing double time. I just saw that the meeting has been delayed by 45 minutes, so I have time to say good morning here, which is a much more wonderful place anyway. I love when meetings are delayed or, better yet, canceled. [smilie=th_snoopy]

The emoji thing! and you too got that message, Honeybear! - I just picture some little Dobby-like creature crouching behind the screen, counting up the emojis and laughing with glee when some number is exceeded. :sSig_heeheehee: Well, he and I may end up having words, because the emojis on here are delightful and full of character and now I feel a perverse desire to use more than ever. :sFi_fencing:

Debra, [smilie=th_jaja] you are cracking me up with the package thief ending up with a big box of wax. Perhaps it would turn him into a better person! Can you believe these guys... I hope your mailman finds a shady spot. Or you could leave a note and a big cooler somewhere? We did that once but it needed a little platform in the bottom to keep the box out of the melting ice...the whole thing took on a life of its own... [smilie=th_a136]

Susan, if you only knew how badly I want to go to the beach, and the Ohio River just isn't cutting it...so I am really enjoying your beach scent descriptions! [smilie=th_aa17]

Maggie, your little students are so lucky to have you. It's clear how fond you are of them. [smilie=th_LOVE] As for the dragonfly...he followed me for such a long time...it was where Montgomery and I used to walk. A dear friend said that was his spirit saying hi and I hope this was so.

Honeybear, I know you are missing your Dad, me too...I wish I could be with him for one more day. I'm so glad your DD#1 will be home tonight! And your SB scents just sound heavenly...I'm looking forward to trying their scents. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Mpfand, aren't those ScentSationals melts excellent? - they all have amazing throw. The Margarita one sounds delicious!

You all are talking about that VRC Lavender Shaving Cream and I love that one too...that vendor has some fabulous scents and a kind of baby powder background that is just driving me wild.

Speaking of VRC - yesterday afternoon I switched out the melters and here we are 13 hours later, still going strong:

VRC Pink Sugar Marshmallow

VRC Fruity Loops

Both of these are really sweet and really strong and just fabulous. They were in the little oblong "Shotzie" cups and I'm kind of liking those, very tidy.

All right enjoy your Tuesdays - I will miss the VCS restock too, Debra! - must take care of the day job - but I will be there in spirit.

AmyJo

Hi All!

What vendor is SB? My mind is blank.

Everybody sounds like they have some good scents going.

Melting today SGA Violet Sugar Petal Marshmallow.

Hi Michele! SB is Southbound. A little bird lured me over to their site and now I have an order on the way. ???? Everything they have looks good!

Ohhhhh your melt today sounds heavenly.

Hi friends :D

AmyJo ~ I love your emoji police explanation, and I’m with you, these things are so stinking cute. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

VCS Double Double Toil & Trouble ~ Booberry Watermelon Rock Candy ~ Almost a year old and smells yummy.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good evening, everyone and thanks for all the bday wishes for DS # 2! thank_you.gif he movie was quite cute, and we had a fun day with Father's Day and me playing the piano for church. yes.gif

Honeybear, I'm thinking about you missing your dad, friend! th_empathy.gif

Maggie, you are so sweet with your students! I hope you have a great last week with them. wub.gif

AmyJo, what scents did you get from SB? I've never ordered from them before. th_235F35F32.gif

Today I melted the last of my Watermelon Sangria from Sonoma, and also Peeps from TC. Tonight I'll be burning a 4 oz candle in Pink Peppermint from TC- love her candles! th_smilies-2.gif

AmyJo, I like the idea of a webby Dobby, lurking around policing things! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Ninety degrees again today, and the wax did not arrive yet, whew! If I can stall a couple more days the weather will cooperate! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Anyone remember Candle Dippers? I have Beach Bum melting from several years ago. Super strong still - kind of a suntan lotion scent. Good one for the hot weather! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]