The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

The Merry Smelly Month Of May

Oh Honeybear...I hope that Zoe is ok! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Michele...safe travels to you! :sFun_crazypilot:

Debra...I remember Drunk Uncle Bob...it was so strong!!! I don't even know if I could find my oldest melt....my melts are all mixed together by vendor...kinda. I'm guessing it's an unlabeled pumpkin tart in Orange Patchouli that I loved but the vendor closed down after her husband passed. I can't remember the name...

And I do remember that vendor Michele! Although I can't remember the name of her either....she had a peppermint cocoa tart that everyone went crazy for! [smilie=th_idontknow]

Tonight it has been Beach Nights by VRC....sadly, this is not throwing. I hope it's not too old because it's only from June! I hope her stuff lasts longer than that! [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Homemade Pink Berry & Tonkabean by a lovely pal....thanks! ❤️

Goodnight, sleep tight.

Good morning everyone,

A beautiful, cool morning here in Ohio. I took some time off yesterday to rest and I ended up reorganizing and inventorying all my wax (really an excuse to play with it and sniff everything). I've put a basket next to each of my six melters and hope to work my way through each in balanced fashion. I still have a few odds and ends on their way and then the plan is to refrain from ordering more during the hot months. While I work my way through the stash. Without looking at the restocks. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Michele - I wish you safe travels on your trip to Italy!! Somehow I think touring through Tuscany will make up for the inability to melt. Enjoy this precious time with your family! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Maggie - a peppermint cocoa tart?? Is that vendor still in business? Oh wait...the wax ban... [smilie=th_cray]

So today it's:

FP Pistachio Pudding Cake (yum, I would like to eat this one)

CFOW Fig Lychee (strong, gorgeous - the scent description says "breathtaking," and she is correct)

Zeep Never Never Land (used this to sleep, has cured beautifully, I will order again after the wax ban)

CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float (OMG - I love this - had my doubts from the name but oh! Sweet and tempting)

YC Black Cherry (in the new clamshells I found at Walmart - I adore this rich cherry aroma)

Have a lovely day, all.

AmyJo

I don't think I posted my melts yesterday. I had two warmers going... FP Nana's Banana Pudding and RG Mango Coconut Waffle Cone. Both super yummy and strong.

Today only one warmer going so far... SGA Honolulu Sun

My oldest melt is probably the last two slices of a chunk pie from RG in Strawberry Frankenberry... from 2014. Other than that I really have no wax that's older than 2016.

Honeybear continued healing for Zoe.

Michele, safe travels

Maggie, I love VRC too... Her wax is very soft so maybe it doesn't hold up over time? Do you remember Scensei? I think that's how you spell it. Her wax was super soft!

Well off to walk Ozzy...

Good Morning!

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes.

AmyJo- 6 melters a day? Don’t all the scents get blended with one another? I use 2 melters a day but usually with the same scent.

My idea also is not to order during the summer months. I did some reorganizing the other day too. I have about 12 bags of SGA I couldn’t fit in my

cabinet. The key is not to look at the restocks. I was on a 2 year wax ban awhile back when I was renovating my house and I was able to stick to it except with a very tiny order here and there. My stash really took a hit that way.

Just about ready to leave this afternoon. No melting today. I will miss it. I will try to check in here and there.

Have a great day everyone!!

Michele - LOL, yes 6 melters at a time is a bit much and I don't always use them all. But this is an older home, not open concept, and each scent tends to stay in its own room (except today when this CFOW Fig Lychee, absolutely beautiful scent, is an alpha personality and I can smell it everywhere). Also I like windows open with screens unless it is extremes of heat and cold, so this helps with the overall concentration. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

12 bags of SGA - I can see how that happens, just got my first order from her and GORGEOUS blends. I give you lots of credit for sticking to a ban for two years.

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Blackberry Pumpkin Zuchini Waffle Cone by OPT, chuck in grab box 2017

Huckleberry Fruity Pebbles by L3, like this one.

Candlelove, enjoy your trip

Honeybear, hoping zoe's is doing better.

Good Evening All...

Honeybear...thinking of you and hoping Zoe is ok.

AmyJo....6 melters? [smilie=th_yourock] I love it! Good luck with that "wax ban"....I'm in it with you! [smilie=th_friends]

Aria...yes, I remember Scen Sei! I still have them bookmarked but never ordered. And VDC also had a super soft wax....I wonder if that does have something to do with loosing scent? [smilie=th_idontknow]

It's Zeep tonight inTwinkie Cake Pop Cookie Cakery....yummy! Another found wax cake!!

Good morning all,

Honeybear sending you a big hug. ????????

An early departure today so I'm melting only one thing:

Lime Mallow Birthday Cake, a homemade tart from a dear and talented CF friend. This is a beautiful scent with all kinds of throw and it started the day out beautifully. Thank you!!

Have a good day all,

AmyJo

Honeybear, I hope Zoe is doing much better. [smilie=th_empathy]

Michele, enjoy your vacation! B)

I have a couple of melts from LOL. I think they would be the oldest ones I have, probably at least 4 years old. [smilie=th_confused3]

Melting Coral Shores from ScentSationals.

Mpfand....LOL? Wow....another vendor I'm missing!

Amy Jo...that scent sounds yummy!

Today it's Strawberry Lemon Sherbet Cotton Candy Frosting by VRC...yummo!

And upstairs it's Kulu Bay by CFOW.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

mpfand - I also have a small drawer of LOL! Most are holding up!

So, being nosey again...what do you do with all the trimmings from your waxie orders? All the pretty tissue and the shreds? I mainly keep the colored shreds in a bag with the idea I will use them some day! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

I am trying to be on the ban with you guys. Trying... ;)

Tonight it is Candy Panda - Cherry Fizzy Pop.

Good morning all!

Honeybear, continuing to think about you and send many hugs. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Michele - hoping you are having a great start to your vacation! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Debra - I keep some of the boxes and all of the frillies that come with the wax. Zeep, in particular, makes such a pretty box with elegant toile or other lovely wrapping, and beautiful packing shreddies, and these I keep and use for buddy boxes.

Most of the post boxes get sent to recycle.

So yesterday the last of my CFOW orders until fall (trying...) arrived, so trying a little bit of these before curing:

Jack Sparrow (SSA, orange, lovely)

Sea Hag (SSA, Beachwood - ohh this is going to be a favorite)

The Lost Boys (SSA, blackberry - exotic)

Fiona (pistachio, strawberry, marshmallow - wow! Strong, gorgeous).

Have a fine day all,

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: It by L-3: Sweet funnel cake, powder sugar strawberry and raspberry syrup. Makes me want to eat a funnel cake.

Thanks for all the concern and well wishes for Zoe. I wish I had better news, but we had to say goodbye to our sweet precious Zoe on Tuesday. She was in kidney failure and clearly suffering. It was so hard to let go after 13 beautiful years. She was our longest living fur baby, and the most affectionate, loving kitty ever. She will be forever missed.

Michele ~ Safe travels and have a wonderful time in Tuscany!

Debra ~ I have an unlabeled tiny cupcake in Gumdrop Cake. The first one was incredible I have been saving this one. I probably have lots of others like you, Michele. :wacko:

FP Patchouli Peacefulness, Zeep Wonderland, and CFOW Botanical Orchard & Nectar ~ all from a sweet CF friend ~ Thank you :wub:

ST Hills Have Eyes ~ Fireside, Golden Amber, Marshmallow, and Toasted Hazelnut ~ This has been going for three days (turning off at night). It's really good.

Burning GC Toasted Coconut Cake

All this talk about bans, and I know I should definitely be on one, but I am feeling a little need for some retail therapy. Aside from losing Zoe, Mother's Day is coming and it will be the first year I won't be with either of my girls. I am, however, extremely grateful for getting to have DD#2 here this week, and DH and I both get to take her to the airport on Saturday for her France trip.

Good afternoon, everyone! The_Hi.gif I'm continuing to unpack, and got my beautiful piano today! I'm auditioning to play for my church in a week or so, and really loved playing for my old church back in SoCal. yes.gif

Honeybear, I'm so sorry! My thoughts are with you during this sad time. th_empathy.gif I'm sorry your DDs won't be with you on Sunday, either. You're a great mom! Hope you can enjoy some special time with your daughter this week.

Michele, have fun in Tuscany- how lovely! wub.gif

AmyJo, I just bought from CFOW off of yours and Maggie's suggestions, and her stuff on cold sniff smells AMAZING! th_dancing_smile.gif

Aria, I saw that people weren't getting their orders from the owner (ScenSei) or refunds, even though the owner (Elizabeth) is active on social media. th_smiley_aaeq.gif

Today I'm melting a tart from a friend- SB's Milk & Cookies! th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Oh, Honeybear I'm sorry to hear about Zoe.

CFOW is having a mother's day sale. If you order $25 or more you get free shipping. code:Mothers. Just thought I would share this lol. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Taking a quick break at work.

Honeybear - my heart breaks for you. No one could have been a better mommy to Zoe than you. Rest in peace, little kitty. And yes! You definitely need and deserve some retail therapy!!

Biolaeagles - I'm so glad you're enjoying the CFOW waxies! I also love to sniff them cold...gorgeous...

Regarding the wax ban (yes Maggie! That's us!), I meant to tell you ladies that there is a bit more incentive....yesterday when I opened my CFOW delivery, one of the samples had started to melt in the heat of the mailbox and was just starting to fill the little pouch with liquid. Happily that was the only one. But I definitely can put the brakes on if things are going to melt. Help from above!!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

OK back to work *snap of whip*

AmyJo

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Honeybear...I'm sorry.

AmyJo....hate to be the bearer of "bad news" but in the summer months, many vendors put ice packs in the boxes...lol. [smilie=th_pardon] (Although sometimes you have to purchase them.) We've been having some mild weather so, thankfully, no melting in these parts....yet!

Susan.....thanks for the enabling... [smilie=th_giggle] I must be strong.

Biolaeagles....yay! The piano is in the house!! Good luck with your audition! I'm guessing you got those SSA blends? I am just loving them!

Debra...I usually chuck the trimmings (unless they're in good shape) and recycle the box.

It's a cute bear in Blueberry Cobbler by Nancys and after another day of celebrations in school it's Karma by a sweet CF pal.... [smilie=cloud_9] Thank you!

Have a nice evening.

Maggie, lol I decided not to order this time I have only melted one things so far. I was tempted to order the mystery samples box again as you get alot but I don't really need anymore wax. My order from Hayden Rowe came in it was a mystery box I got two loafs, one bag, and 6 scent shots.

Spotted hog order got the spring sampler some the pigs. A couple of scent cups. We can be strong [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Maggie!! So wait... There is a way to order in the summer with the ice packs!!... But I shouldn't be happy about that because I'm on a wax ban until I melt what I currently have..*firing up all six melters*

Biolaeagles - how wonderful to have your piano!!! Good luck with your audition!!

AmyJo

:hello:

Susan...Good resisting! Lol You got 2 loaves in a mystery box? [smilie=kewl]

AmyJo...yes...some vendors do put in ice packs...I've still got a few I use in my lunch box. [smilie=th_31]

Tonight it's Salty Sea Air Fire Roasted Marshmallow by CFOW....wonderful.

Have a good evening. :)

Susan - [smilie=th_LaLaLa]

I see a SGA restock, Bonjour, etc... [smilie=th_OMG]

Honeybear - I am so sorry about Zoe. The house seems so empty when they are gone. Hugs to you.

I think tonight it will be Manuka Lavender Body Wrap - LSC. Sure wish she would open up soon. Oh. Wait. I am on a ban. [smilie=th_oops_]