The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

The Merry Smelly Month Of May

Good morning ladies from here in humid Ohio, :sFun_hot:

I hope you all are well and that everybody is receiving lots of "A package has been delivered" notes. :confettistars:

Honeybear, I think that getting a kitty is one of life's wonderful choices and I wish you well on your searching. And with DD#2 coming into town - this is so great and I'm happy for you! :skywriter: Did you get your CFOW delivery yesterday? What do you think about the Butterscotch Coke Float?

Maggie, here are the scents I got in my SGA 6-Chunky-Pie Sampler:

Grinders Café - bakery and coffee - delish

Blackberry Lemonade Margarita Limoncello - like it sounds and the lemon is perfect, citrus and light, the blackberry coming through nicely

Cream Soda Fizzy Pop - like it sounds and very summery

Sour Patch Kids Strawberry Watermelon Blueberry - this is the most "fun" scent here, good watermelon, can't wait til it cures

Big Bird & Cookie Monster - smooth bakery and lemon poppyseed, and I love her Cookie Monster which is dominant here

Snowflakes and Cashmere - probably my favorite! Vanilla, cashmere, clementine, amber, wood - very different and exotic - I love the cashmere scents

Plus the pie babies are adorable and the PO Box smelled so luscious when I opened it that I nearly tore the package open on the spot. That's a gorgeous sampler and lots of wax.

Debra and Maggie, you are cracking me up about the emojis - I was never sure about that cat/ferret/otter type animal either but it's endearing in any case. How were our emojis compiled over the years? I really love them. My favorite is the little girl who is blow drying her little purple pigtails [smilie=th_thfoenen] or dancing with jazz hands alongside her buddies. [smilie=th_ahaaha] I look for every excuse to use those.

Just so I keep my Enabler Badge, I'd like to point out that CFOW has a 25% off sale today!

OK so this morning it's:

SGA Jack the Clipper - still going strong from yesterday in two melters and I am reluctant to retire him

CFOW Italian Waffle Cookies - mmmmm and I'm not the biggest bakery lover but this is very subtle and lasting

Scentsations Cupcake - kind of that artificial bake mix smell

Scentsations Morning Bliss still going strong from yesterday and I love that mighty grapefruit scent so much.

Have a good day all,

AmyJo

Good Morning!

I’m trying to get out early today. I have lots of returns to make.

AmyJo-you are killing me. I peeked over at CFOW but didn’t push the order button yet. I usually melt only one scent a day in 2 melters. I’m still debating. So many wonderful scents and such a good sale. Those little pies are so cute and your scents sound wonderful.

I look at all my wax and get nervous if I can ever melt it all. I just have a little mad money from my bowling winnings right now and I have no will power.

Melting this morning SGA Cookie Monster and Berries. This smells wonderful! This was from the Cookie Monster Sampler.

Honeybear-Hope you get a little kitty. Glad you like your new stools! Enjoy DD#2’s visit.

Enjoy the day!!

Morn ladies. It's been a tough week so far. On Sunday afternoon I was at my parents when a storm came thru lost power and had water in the basement. Took a couple of fences down they live on a farm.

Yesterday on my way to work I stop at the grocery store, and when I came back out my car wouldn't start, had to call BF he came and fixed it in the grocery store parking lot. It was the starter, lot of funny looks has the car was raised up and him under it. Thanks goodness for him. I hope the rest of the week will be better.

Melted this week: Leaves by Salt Water Candle Co

Apple Blossom by Time & Again

Las Vegas by Cleanse your soul: champagne, suntan lotion and catcus

Marshmallow Man by CFOW

Susan, I'm sorry about the troubles you've had this week. [smilie=angry] Hoping the rest of your week is much better!

Melting Cucumber Melon Sorbet from BH&G. Absolutely love this! Strong, crisp, refreshing.

Have a good day. :)

Just popping back in here for a quick minute.

Susan, that sounds like a rocky week so far. Hopefully things will improve from here! ????

Michele, I totally get the "My wax is multiplying in the night!" feeling. I've been melting so much and have really reduced the stash, but of course I have ordered more... My goal is to get to where I can relax and enjoy one scent at a time! Lol

Speaking of which: I have found another rare pearl, one of those scents that brings you to your knees. This afternoon was dedicated to Front Porch; Angie's delicious macarons (Cherry, Banana Berry, and Pina Colada, all amazing!) filled three warmers, three different rooms. Then I recalled that I had ordered a single grubby tart in Beachwood, and popped that into the warmer in the kitchen. And lo, a gentle driftwoody scent began to waft through the house... Oh my goodness. Just divine. I turned off all the other melts so I could focus just on that one. Heavenly! And I immediately went on her website and ordered more.

You may recall that there was another Beachwood scent from CFOW, which was also glorious but was discontinued, and Michele is very kindly going to bring back. I'm not sure what it is about this scent... So unique and beautiful.

Thank you for letting me rave about this scent. I know I have gone over the edge but hey, life is short! Melt more!

Have a good evening,

AmyJo

[smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost] AmyJo - I love your enthusiasm! Keep those descriptions coming! You are convincing me to pull out things I have not melted for awhile.

Susan - what a week! I sure hope it is done and now you have smooth sailing!

Michele - congrats on bowling winnings - are you on a league?

Curious - I have bunch of pies and the bigger chunks. They seem to slow down progress - I push them aside and melt the smaller ones that don't need chopping. Do you guys have a system for these bigger ones? [smilie=th_cha40]

Tonight is a sample that I did not think I would like, but it is pretty good! Rockets - Cherry Pipe Tobacco.

Omg...I just wrote a long post and it disappeared...ugh. [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

AmyJo...thanks for those pie scent descriptions....they sound yummy. I agree...I love ❤️ those pies....they're like a treasure that you want to hide away and never use! Lol

Susan...I'm sorry about your bad week....things have got to get better now! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Michele...bowling winnings? Congrats to you! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Mpfand...I've been craving a Cucumber Melon scent lately...does that sorbet add something different to it? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Debra...I do the same thing with my bigger chunks. Sometimes I set aside a few minutes to chop up the big chunks and loaves so they're ready to melt when I need them.

It's PFOP tonight in Iced Lemon Biscotti Raspberry Mousse Watermelon Cotton Candy...the last of an older bag...wonderful scent.

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Maggie, this cucumber melon scent seemed to have layers. At first I could really smell cucumber, then the melon (delicious honeydew) came through strong and then I smelled sweet/tart. It lasted all day and I used 1 cube in 3 different warmers in the kitchen/family room area.

Good morning everyone!

I am taking two vacation days today and tomorrow. The weather is good, I have a new/old bicycle I bought on Craigslist, and I'm thinking a couple of rides are in order. I never could get back in gear after Memorial Day so I might as well give in. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Maggie, you are so right - those little SGA pies are like a treasure. I just keep looking at them and sniffing them. I'm going to let them cure for a month and maybe by then I can bear to cut into them.

Debra, that's a question I always ask myself - how to handle these loaves? I love getting a loaf - there's just something about that huge chunky expanse of wax that's so appealing. I like to keep them whole and just take a piece as needed. I was using a regular knife to cut into them, but sometimes this would cause it to break apart at odd angles or in layers, depending upon how it was formed, and then it didn't look nice anymore. So I bought one of those crinkle cut/wavy knives and this has solved a lot of my issue - it makes for a lovely cut and the loaf doesn't break apart, so it still looks pretty. :flirt-2:

Sometimes, though, it does seem as though a loaf will never end, especially if it's something I wasn't all that thrilled with. One time I cut such a loaf into very large pieces and melted it all at once in the many warmers to get done with it. I felt kind of guilty over this brute force melting, but gee whiz I just didn't want it hanging around staring at me forever. [smilie=th_c55]

Michele, spill the details on the bowling fun! I am pitiful at bowling. How long have you been playing?? And congrats on winning mad money for wax!! [smilie=th_aa21]

So this morning it's the CFOW Salty Sea Air Sampler (so completely delicious, and the last of it, but no fears! more is coming)

Salty Sea Air, Lavender, Toasted Marshmallow (my most fav)

Salty Sea Air, Caribbean Teakwood (ohhhhh exotic)

Salty Sea Air, Pink Sugar, Toasted Marshmallow (very sweet)

Salty Sea Air, Pink Sands (also very sweet)

Salty Sea Air, Fire Roasted Marshmallow (bonfire by the sea!)

Have a fabulous day all,

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Melting SGA Banana Cream Pie.

Yes, I am on a bowling league. I have been bowling for 30 years. Tomorrow is our end of season luncheon. I am also the treasurer of the league so I get an extra bonus. I’m just an average bowler but I do enjoy it.

AmyJo-I just got a notification that my CFOW Sea Air Sampler, Carnival by the Sea and the sampler box is being delivered today. I’m still waiting on two other orders. I have no place to put any of it. I can’t believe you melted that whole sampler at once. That must smell wonderful! How many times a day do you change out the scents? Enjoy your days off!

Takiing my dad to the doctor later and meeting friends for lunch and dinner. I had a busy day yesterday and lots of retail therapy. Spent the rest of my bowling winnings on some new shoes and clothes.

Have a great day !!

Michele, I hope you will enjoy those beautiful CFOW scents as much as I have!????

30 years of bowling sounds like good fun and camaraderie.

I'm only melting small pieces of each scent of that sampler in each melter. This is probably the sixth go-round and I've finally come to the end.

I usually change out the melts three times a day if I'm working from home- around 5 am, noon, and around 6 pm. That said, if it's a favorite mix or individual favorites, they will go until they're done smelling good. For example, Jack the Clipper didn't get changed out for almost two days, and today's SSA Sampler won't get changed because it is just delicious. The sixth melter still has the FP Beachwood from yesterday. ????

Ooooh you'll have fun sniffing all of that today! Please let us know your impressions!

AmyJo

Morn everyone. Melting today: Sugared Citrus by Candlewarmers

Island Hibiscus by The Salty Turtle Candle Co

Watermelon Honeydew by AmbiEscents.

Have a great day everyone. Thanks for the better week wishes. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Michele, I bet you have made some great friends with your years of bowling! I am also wondering where to stash the box I have coming - I have hit overload! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I keep moving wax around hoping I will discover space.

AmyJo, I hope you get to relax on your days off. Do you have special trails you ride your bike on?

Tonight it is Basil Nectarine - Cheryl's. Very old, but the tea light is making it steeee-rong!

Thanks Mpfand! I'm gonna try to sniff that next time I see it! ;)

AmyJo...do you microwave your loaves before cutting?

Michele...wow...that's a long time! How wonderful!

Have not changed to warmers today...just got home since leaving this morning for work...time for bed. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Goodnight all...

Popping in for a quick hello! Hope you all are doing well. DD#2 is back with a nasty cold that's complicating her jet lag. :( So nice to have her back, though!

AmyJo ~ I finally got my CFOW order last night. Haven't had time to sniff!

Susan ~ Hope your week turned around for the better.

Michele ~ The order from CFOW I received had a second SSA Sampler. My first order last month is still "curing". lol Now I can melt it since I'll have back up. :blink:

I haven't bowled in ages. I was on a league when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I think I will look for a bowling alley here.

Maggie ~ When is school out for you?

Debra ~ I'm in the same boat as you. Where do I put all of this wax? :wacko: I have one more outstanding order...VRC...and I have asked her to hold it until she gets her ice packs in. I'm worried it will melt since we are supposed to get to 112 next Saturday. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Zeep Beach Towels ~ DD#2 is really loving this one. Thank you CF sweetie. [smilie=thank_you]

Waxincredibles Coconut Milk & Lavender

Have a great day!

Popping in for a quick hello! Hope you all are doing well. DD#2 is back with a nasty cold that's complicating her jet lag. :( So nice to have her back, though!

AmyJo ~ I finally got my CFOW order last night. Haven't had time to sniff!

Susan ~ Hope your week turned around for the better.

Michele ~ The order from CFOW I received had a second SSA Sampler. My first order last month is still "curing". lol Now I can melt it since I'll have back up. :blink:

I haven't bowled in ages. I was on a league when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I think I will look for a bowling alley here.

Maggie ~ When is school out for you?

Debra ~ I'm in the same boat as you. Where do I put all of this wax? :wacko: I have one more outstanding order...VRC...and I have asked her to hold it until she gets her ice packs in. I'm worried it will melt since we are supposed to get to 112 next Saturday. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Zeep Beach Towels ~ DD#2 is really loving this one. Thank you CF sweetie. [smilie=thank_you]

Waxincredibles Coconut Milk & Lavender

Have a great day!