The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

Mighty Melts of March

Good evening all,

A frustrating day at work [smilie=th_shout] so I have created a spa of sorts in the hotel room. Capri Blue candle, YC melt of Home Sweet Home, leftovers from last night's Olive Garden dinner, and a lovely red wine. Zeep's lovely Push Pop Whipped Soap and Sugar Scrub. It's all about perspective. [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Honeybear, how is Zoe doing? I am sending you good cat wishes. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] It's so difficult to think about anything when our pets are ailing.

Maggie, I cracked up at the sound of one of your melts - [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] - Swanky Red Banana ZB

Southern Twang Suspicious Minds - it sounds amazing.

Debra, yes this candle is one in a million, IMHO - it's the scent the Anthropologie stores use, not that I have ever been there, LOL. Capri Blue Volcano. I read about it and thought, wow, these people are raving, it must be something special. And - they were right. Target has a dupe called "Aromatherapy - Happiness" and that is just as lovely. It's a mix of yuzu and lime and OMG. The cold throw of the candle is just incredible - I don't even have to light it. Even better, I ordered it off of Amazon and they accidentally sent me 4 candles instead of 1. I called and said I would pay for the others but they said not to worry about it. They got a lot of respect from me that day.

Michele - Baja Cactus Shaving Cream is going on my list. Do you like it?

Susan, I haven't checked out New Moon - do you enjoy their scents?

I wanted to ask everyone: what started you on this scent adventure? Was there a day when you thought, gee whiz, all of these scents are amazing and I must have more? For me, it was the laundry scent beads...I love them so much and found myself standing in the stores and smelling every variety...that was the beginning of my obsession.

OK, have a good night all,

AmyJo

Good evening. Amy Jo, yes I do enjoy New Moon wax, she hasn't been opened since Dec, don't know when she will reopen. I bought an easter sampler last year, it's very good. Have a great night.

Maggie, yes peter cottontail was very good.

Susan - the Peter Cottontail does sound like a yummy one!

Maggie - the Peach Nectar Mallow sounds interesting too. I have avoided peach tarts for quite awhile, but now along with my blueberries, I have started to check them out!

AmyJo - I am going to have to keep an eye out for that candle. What a deal you got! [smilie=th_yay]

Tonight it is Southern Twang here also - Sour Patch Kids from a candle friend.

[smilie=thank_you]

Almost forgot! AmyJo - you asked how we got started? Years ago I worked with a woman that was addicted to her meltie things. She had a Partylite set up and said every night she came home, and the first thing she did was light her tealights for the melter. I thought the whole thing sounded pretty odd...

So, she talked me into buying a melter and some melts (Mulberry as I recall), and there was no return... [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Good Evening!

That's funny AmyJo and Debra! The early beginnings of our scent obsession...to be honest, I'm really not sure exactly how it started. I do remember liking that carpet spray. Do you remember that foam you used to spray all over your carpet and it would disappear but leave a nice scent behind? Then my younger sister told me about tarts and we would buy Bridgewater...and Yankee...and then I went crazy and started buying online. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

AmyJo...lol...although those scents sound a little odd...they are two different vendors and scents...lol! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Swanky is the name of the vendor and although I'm not a big banana scent fan, her red banana zucchini bread is tdf. The other vendor is Southern Twang and her Suspicious Minds scent is great too. Sorry for the confusion, [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight is Vintage Road Candles in Blueberry Buttercream Baguettes and Cookies

And from a lovely pal...Booberry Sugar Cookie Royale and Blueberry Coconut Muffin..thanks! ❤️

Upstairs its Closet Full Of Wax in Blue Sugar Sweater Weather

Have a good evening.

Good morning ladies,

Things look better this morning. Plus I'm going home tomorrow, yay!!!

Maggie, I'm cracking up, thanks for telling me I combined those two melt names. [smilie=th_thlaughter] I thought it was a mouthful. Makes more sense now! And yes I absolutely remember that carpet spray - you let it dry and then vacuumed, right? And it smelled great. I had forgotten all about that!

Debra - the power of suggestion! - I loved when you said your friend's melting habits "sounded pretty odd." [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I'm sure people would describe me as odd too, with all these melts and potions lying around...yet here we are!

OK - off to the races - have a good day all and I hope all kitties are on the mend. [smilie=th_LOVE]

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Happy Birthday mpfand!!!

My waxing obsession started with candles. My SIL always had one burning in her house. That’s when I first discovered YC. Somehow I found this group almost 10 years ago and that’s when I discovered melts. I have been obsessed ever since. I just love trying all the different scents and experimenting with different vendors.

Amy Jo- the Salty Sea Air Baja Cactus Shaving Cream by Sassy Girl Aroma will be offered in chunk bags on the next restock of April 7th. It will be called Jack the Clipper.

I am melting a melt from a Sampler today- SGA Blueberry Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Zucchini Bread. It smells great already!

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning [smilie=th_316785e4]

Mpfand Hope you have a nice day! [smilie=th_1084]

Melting this morning... been up since about 6am even though it's spring break week here and I don't have to make DS#2 lunch and make sure he gets on the bus. Anyhow, it's CFTKR Birthday Cake and Nene's Orange Pound Cake right now. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

It's cloudy here and I just threw on some sweats and baseball cap to walk Ozzy. [smilie=th_806e4b7f] Have the feeling I may just stay this way today. [smilie=th_idontknow] Some days I just don't feel like doing the whole hair/makeup/outfit thing lol. I do have to drive DS to his guitar lesson this afternoon, but don't need to be anywhere else.

Michele, hope your Mom is still on the mend

honeybear, how's your kitty doing?

Amyjo, glad to hear that you're liking FP! :sHa_woot: My cat is far from finicky when it comes to food. He'll even eat dog food! Actually he has to eat special food from the vet since he is prone to getting crystals in his urine. :sFun_ahohno: He's not overweight, but is hungry all the time! [smilie=th_pullhair] Drives me nuts.

I'm pretty sure my scent obsession started with Partylite ...used to love their Spiced Plum votives! Also used to love their candle accessories and holders. Still have quite a few. Also recall simmering potpourri back then! Loved the spicy fragrance! As for tarts, I stumbled on a discussion group over on the QVC forums probably around 2005, and learned about Candles by Victoria and CFTKR and that started the whole vendor wax addiction!!!! [smilie=th_c61]

Thank you for the birthday wishes. [smilie=th_a194]

I've always been obsessed with scent. I remember collecting those scratch-n-sniff stickers in elementary school and burning incense in my room in high school. After I graduated high school my parents put their house up for sale and my mom would always have one of those Glade candles burning during showings. I think the scent was called Country Garden. Anyone remember those? I knew then that once I had my own house I'd always want it to smell good. That's my scent story. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Melting gifts from a CF buddy, Buttery Toast and Jam Blueberry Waffle Cone from Swanky Candle and Lattes & Birthday Cake from SGA. These are absolutely delicious and are blending together perfectly. [smilie=th_00000020]

[smilie=th_hello]

[smilie=th_1819] , Mpfand! Hope you have the best of days! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Well, I needed to get Zoe back to the vet so they could get a urine sample. We were there yesterday when they opened at 7:30, but her bladder was so small, I had to leave her there. No surprise she was angry with me when I picked her up around 1:30. :icon_cry: They didn't get much, but suspect a UTI because of the odor and cloudiness. Hoping the antibiotics do the trick! Thanks for all of the concern! [smilie=th_catkiss]

I have always loved scents and started with incense when I got my own apartment at 21. The candle and tart addiction didn't start until much later, though. We lived in Fort Wayne, IN for a couple of years when the girls were tiny, and I fell in love with a WalMart candle and would give anything to get another! Around the same time, a close friend of mine from childhood became a PartyLite consultant and I placed an order (including the Spiced Plum votives, Aria :flirtysmile4: ) Funny, but because we started a relocation back to New Mexico, I got my order a few months later and it went into storage for a long time. It was another year before I tried them!! It was the Pumpkin Spice votive that sucked me in and I have been a goner for scent ever since. That was January 2001. I became a PartyLite consultant then and there and did it for several years. In 2006 I started making my own goodies, and found vendor wax a few years later. I have WAY too much wax, but I really love fragrance! :wub:

ST Daredevil ~ Fresh Strawberries, Peach, and Mango ~ YUMMY

ST Gooey Gardenia Explosion

Melting YC Berry Trifle ~ Love this and am getting low, but I can't find another foodie scent in my big jar candle stash! [smilie=th_sSig_what]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Oh Honeybear...I'm sorry you had to take Zoe back to the vet but I also hope the meds work and she's feeling better soon!

Aria...I have many days like that!

Mpfand...loved those scratch and sniff stickers! LOL

Michele...thanks for the update on that scent...I may have to take a peek too!

It's a Queen Of Hearts by Vintage Road Candles

Have a great evening!

Good evening all,

Happy birthday mpfand!! ????????????

Honeybear, I'm glad you have an answer now as to Zoe's condition and are on the antibiotics. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery - for both of you.????????

I'm enjoying all your stories so much, about how you got started in scent. From rug sprays to PartyLite to incense to YC candles to pouring your own to laundry beads, we all got sucked in one way or another. I'm very grateful to have all of you to share this obsession with.

I'm so tired, there are no words. Tonight I'm melting FP Marshmallow Peppermint Twist and YC Black Cherry in the hotel. I'll be so glad to go home tomorrow night!

Sleep tight all,

AmyJo

[smilie=th_balloons] I hope you had a very Happy Birthday mpfand! [smilie=th_balloons]

I remember trying scented candles when I was young - YC was no where around. You would buy them at the dime store - and the only choices were fake cinnamon, pine and vanilla. It was quite awhile before I liked those scents again! [smilie=th_gagme]

Honeybear, sending Zoe good, healing wishes!

Tonight - Cheryl's China Rain. This is one of the first scents I tried many years ago when I first started buying from internet vendors.

Good morning [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Thanks, all, for the good wishes for my kitty. :wub: Zoe appears to be on the mend. I am not seeing the frenetic back and forth to the litter box, even though I have an extra one in the house, and she is sleeping in her other spots. It's so funny how they "talk" to us with their behavior. She's totally loving the canned food she is getting now twice a day before the medication. Me thinks I have a spoiled kitty! :sFun_ahohno:

Debra ~ I remember a China Rain scent from one of the first fragrance oil orders I ever made years ago, and I remember loving it. Unfortunately, I think it was discontinued. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

AmyJo ~ Glad you get to go home tomorrow night. It must be so hard being away like that. [smilie=th_empathy] Safe travels!

Like you, I'm very grateful for our little group of scentaholics. :skywriter: No one else gets it. lol

ST Saruman ~ Sandalwood, Black Amethyst and Floating Island (Lush type, creamy vanilla sandalwood, slight lemon notes) ~ This is really nice!

Have a good day!

It is almost the weekend! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr It seems like it has been a very long week.

Anyone have Easter plans? I think the kids will be here - we have had a brunch here for many years. Clear back when it started with a chocolate egg hunt!

Tonight it is CYS - Vanilla Pear, two scents I can't smell very well, so it may be a short timer. <_>

Hello! :)

AmyJo...glad you get to go home today! Yay...there is no place like home...so true!

Honeybear... [smilie=th_fabulous1] news about Zoe!!

Susan....I am truly lovin' the sound of those Easter scents you've been melting!! That one sounds so unique and interesting!!

Debra...I'll cook at my Dads and most of my siblings should be there. Easter is less formal for us...a much more relaxed day. It will start with Easter baskets...lol...it won't feel like Easter without that so although my "kids" are all getter bigger each year...I just can't stop. [smilie=th_giggle]

So it's Blueberry Cheesecake by Nancys and upstairs it's Lavender Paris by Swanky

Goodnight

Good morning ladies and [smilie=th_bb20]

I'm back home and so, so very glad to be back with DH and all the furry crew.

Honeybear, I'm so very glad that Zoe is doing better! And I'm sure she's enjoying her canned food. As long as they are happy and well...we are happy! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Debra, I remember very well those horrible candles from the dime store. My Mom also had some "vanilla" candles in Christmas themes but they smelled so fake and plastic and horrible that it's only recently that I have learned to love vanilla scents at all.

Maggie, your Easter baskets sound wonderful. I don't think "kids" ever get tired of receiving them, either. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

It was a stressful week at work and I compensated by ordering a few new waxies and B&B from Zeep and FP, as well as a pretty new "art glass" warmer by BH&G. So I am all blissed out and have forgotten than I was ever upset. [smilie=cloud_9]

So this morning it's:

Kitchen/office - VCS One Hand, One Heart from a sweet CF friend (almond, heavenly) [smilie=thank_you]

Back bedroom - Library by Zeep (also from a sweet CF friend, not sure how I would describe it, complex, woody - my DH is loving this one)

Enjoy your Friday all,

AmyJo

[smilie=th_Hello_] All....so my Spring break begins today.... [smilie=th_ahaaha] ....I hope the weather has changed by the time we go back!

AmyJo...lol...those waxie deliveries do bring joy, don't they? [smilie=th_yahoo] I'm expecting one tomorrow myself...lol.

It's three different scents today...hope they blend nicely...

Rear Window by VCS

Christine by Melted Confections

Pineapple Coconut Creme Birthday Cake by SGA from a sweet CF pal....yummy!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Thanks!

Have a good one. ;)

Good Friday everyone. Melting another New Moon Easter scent: Jelly Beans & Baskets

Jelly beans, Gummy Bears and Pink Lemonade. Have a great day.

Hi All!

Amy Jo-Glad you are home. Ordering wax always relaxes me too.

Maggie-My “kids” still like their Easter baskets too.

Picked DH up from the airport. He was able to get an earlier flight home.

Melting BHG Orange Buttercream Cupcakes. This has been going all day in my 2 melters and it’s still very strong.

My family is coming here for Easter. Should be nice.

Have a good night everyone!

Good evening all,

A peaceful day. I took the afternoon as vacation and met a friend for lunch.

Maggie, I'm really happy you're on Spring Break. Time to relax!!????????????️

Susan, I love the title of your Easter scent! Very cheerful.

Michele, that Orange buttercream Cupcake from BH&G is one of my favorites. Delicious and it lasts forever. I'm glad your family is coming for Easter.

To all of you who are cooking big meals this Sunday, my hat is off to you. I did that for many years and it's a lot of work!!

Well I am still in a state of bliss over my surprise package of wax from a sweet CF friend. Some luxurious scents. From that group, tonight it's:

SGA Raspberry Jam ZB Apple Pie in the Kitchen --- major drooling!!

And

CFOW Carnival by the Sea. I must say, this one is very special for me and I haven't figured out why yet. It may be right up there with my favorites. Thank you, sweet friend.????

Good evening!

Susan, I agree - those are fun sounding Easter scents.

I hope you have a fun week, Maggie - our spring break was this week.

Tonight it is Lemongrab - ST. It has been a long time since I melted a plain ol' lemon scent like this. I should melt this scent more often, [smilie=th_smilies-2]