The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

February's Full Of Tarts and Sweethearts

Good morning all and HAPPY FEBRUARY! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Maggie, thank you for starting us out in a new month - I had forgotten that today was the 1st!

I'm happy to say that our electrical system has been fixed and melting has been reestablished. One breaker and one socket replaced. The socket had burned up inside, yikes! so I'm really happy our guy knows what he is doing and had told me to turn everything off the night before when I called him.

I was so happy to be able to melt again that I popped the ScentSationals Cucumber and Melon right in because that is extremely strong and my nose was having withdrawals. This morning I went to hug our Pyrenees and he smells like a giant cucumber. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Lonegirl - I'm so sad you can't melt at school. But maybe you have an idea for a prank scent there - Kids After Recess. I can just imagine that...

Mpfand - I salute you for being able to pick out all the parts of Wildberry Zucchini Bread Maple Donuts. That is an intriguing mix - does it all work together??

Debra - restock sales? Hunger games?? This is something I probably didn't need to know about. Keep details coming please, all! [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Because I couldn't melt yesterday, I was particularly bad and ordered MORE from Zeep (Chai Tea!! Come to mama) and hit the end-of-season bin at Walmart, all in one day. I did get 6 clamshells out of those bins - Lemonade something and Pumpkin Pie Marshmallow something so yes I scored big. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Have a great day all!

AmyJo

Hello and thanks Amy Jo! ;)

Thanks for the well wishes Mpfand and Michele...I think the Airborne is working!! I've never used a cold remedy before...thought it was a scam...but I'm actually surprised!

Amy Jo...glad you got that electrical stuff fixed....those kind of problems make me nervous! Happy you got to place another Zeep order...I'm itching to order from somewhere too! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Still pulling from my Christmas box...

Silver Fir by Ashland

Anyone have big Super Bowl plans?

Good Morning!

Melting SGA Strawbwrry Shortcake in the Kitchen. I pulled and melted this from my basket of samplers. Didn’t melt long yesterday so turned it on again today.

Maggie-glad you a feeling a bit better.

AmyJo-Glad you are able to melt again.

I was invited to a Siper Bowl Party. I can’t go since I need to drive DH to the airport in the middle of it.

Hello, everyone [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Aria, [smilie=The_Hi]

Lonegirl ~ Bummer you can't melt at school anymore. If you ask me, all of the allergy stuff is a bunch of bunk, but don't get me started. [smilie=bagover] I've been studying the mind-body connection for years now and it all boils down to emotional stress manifesting in physical ways.

AmyJo ~ Yay! You can get back to melting again! I saw that Chai Tea scent on Zeep and almost got it. You'll have to let me know how it is.

Maggie ~ Good to hear you are feeling better. [smilie=th_empathy]

Michele ~ We'll also have an airport trip on Super Bowl Sunday. DD#1 is headed out here for a few days. I cannot wait! Miss my girls so much.

Well, they dug the hole for the pool yesterday. Kitties weren't too happy with all the noise, but fared better than I expected. I have a pile of [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] to do today and more unpacking. Better get busy!

TCC Marshmallow Caramel Apple Cake

Lit Yankee Home Sweet Home for the first time. Nice and cinnamony!

Have a great day, girls!

Hi and Happy Thursday!

It's snowing here nothing major but it sure looks pretty! Big, fluffy snowflakes.

Earlier I melted Front Porch ~ 14 Karat Cake [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Now I'm going with CFTKR Aspen Winter [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Maggie I swear by Zicam when I feel a cold coming on! [smilie=th_a136] Nips it in the bud.

Amyjo, that electrical stuff can be scary [smilie=th_help] Happy Melting! The vet has mentioned that our dog smells like cookies before [smilie=th_lmao-1]

Candlelove I've missed many fun things due to driving DH to the airport! [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] Luckily my older DS has a car now so DH can drive to the airport himself since we don't technically need his car while he's gone!

Honey bear I want to come swimming in your new pool [smilie=th_biggestgrin] JK but I am jealous ????

Ladies please excuse any typos or weirdness in my post! DH got me a new tablet for Christmas and I'm still getting used to working with It! It's not as user friendly as my iPhone It's called Lenovo Yoga Book and has some neat features most of which I am trying to figure out [smilie=th_idontknow]

Did I tell you guys about my oldest son not being able to go into the Navy? He was all through processing in May and was doing fine and was going to start boot camp January 30. In early October, he went to the doctor because I was concerned about his excessive thirst and weight loss. He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and that automatically put an end to his dreams of being in the Navy. He was so devastated!!!!!! It was a rough few days of shock. He now needs insulin every day and is adjusting pretty well with that and watching his diet. He continues to work at his job and wants to attend Northern Michigan University this coming fall. My heart broke for him when we first heard the diagnosis but I have to say that I am so proud and encouraged by his positive attitude. He reeeeeaally wanted to go into the Navy and was so excited. Funny how things work out in life and I am of the belief that something better is in his future.

Wow that was long winded [smilie=th_cha60] [smilie=th_sorry_]

Got my new haul in the mail today and started melting Paris Sweets (BBW Dup of Sweet on Paris)...oh how I've missed that one and I can't wait to use my forever red room spray. I really need to get professional help for my scent addiction!!! haha

Hello All!

Aria...I'm sorry that your son was diagnosed with diabetes and couldn't go into the Navy like he had hoped but I agree with you...something else is in store for him. I'm glad they found it and he can do the right things to help. I think the hardest things in life are when something happens to our children. [smilie=th_bighug-1] Good luck to him on his new adventure in the Fall!!

Arkcandle...Lololol....I think we ALL need professional help!! ????????????????

Still melting the Silver Fir but I'm kinda tired of it...and I think it's giving me a headache.

Might just turn them off for the evening. [smilie=th_yellow5]

Goodnight.

Great title, Maggie! ;)

AmyJo, so glad your electrical issue is resolved. Anything electrical scares me! Surprisingly, those scent notes did work very well together! I don't know how someone comes up with some of these scent combinations, but I'm glad there are creative people out there always making unique scents for us!

Aria, I'm so sorry your DS wasn't able to pursue his dream of joining the Navy. Glad he's doing well managing his diabetes. That's a lot to learn and understand. I believe all things happen for a reason, even if we don't quite understand them at first.

The only plans we have for Sunday are cleaning and waxing our hardwood floors. Ha! We have new furniture being delivered Monday and want to clean the floors first. We're not big football fans.

Melting Sugared Pine & Cinnamon from Sonoma.

Thank you for the cute title, Maggie!

Aria, what a disappointment for you and your DS! It sounds like he is very responsible and doing all the right things.

Arkcandle - I am so deep into wax that I am not sure that professional help would do me much good at this point! ;) I'd probably try to get the professional help interested in melting! :D

We have been told that our dog is the "best smelling dog at the dog park"! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Honeybear, I hope you enjoy the pool. That is not something we see much of in this part of the country - unless it is indoors!

Tonight it is YC - Winter Glow.

Good Morning!

Aria-I’m sorry that your son was diagnosed with diabetes and couldn’t join the Navy. Something better is meant for him.

Arkcandle-we all have serious scent addictions on here.

Honeybear-Glad your pool installation is started. Glad your DD is coming to visit. It must be hard being away from them.

Debra-What part of the country do you live in that pools are indoors?

Melting this morning HHS Grandmas Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies. It’s still nice and strong.

Enjoy the day ! TGIF!

Good morning [smilie=th_bb20] :thyay:

Thank you Maggie, Debra candlelove and mpfand for your kind thoughts in regards to my DS. [smilie=th_teks0311] [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Maggie it's true what you said about how hard it is for us parents, (especially Moms) when we see our children hurt! It can be truly heart wrenching! [smilie=th_smiley-crying] We just want them to be happy, right? I'm getting teary now just typing this. I suppose we never stop worrying about our "babies".

This morning's melt is from CFTKR ~ Coffee Beans...perhaps my favorite coffee scent of all

Nothing planned here for Sunday as we are not NFL fans at all.

I've got to return a top I bought at TJMaxx and do some grocery shopping (teenage boys sure eat and snack a lot) [smilie=th_pullhair] Picking up DS#2 from school today since he's got to bring home his baritone and it's too big to bring on the bus.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

[smilie=th_hello]

Aria ~ So sorry to hear about your son's illness and the disappointment, but I, too, believe nothing happens by mistake. Everything happens for a reason and most times we don't see it until much further down the road.

Mpfand ~ How nice that you're getting new furniture on Monday. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] We also have some goodies coming on Tuesday. The first room we chose to fill is the Master Bedroom, since it is our sanctuary. Slowly, but surely!

Arkcandle ~ Yep, I've thought the same many a time. My wax addiction is beyond ridiculous. [smilie=th_as] You're definitely in good company! That's why I appreciate this group so much. I can come here and be myself and no one judges. [smilie=th_aa18]

Michele ~ Yes, hard to be away from the girls. As beautiful as the house is, it feels incomplete and this empty nest thing is really for the birds. [smilie=th_sad-1]

TCC Toasted Strawberry Brulee (I seriously need to get some more warmers going in this place! [smilie=th_laughing] I'm bored with just one!)

Have a great day!

Thanks Debra & Mpfand! ;)

Aria...no, it never ends! [smilie=th_empathy]

Mpfand and Honeybear...yay for new furniture!!

Well, it's Vintage Road Candles Wildberry ZB Maple Donuts

And Sugar Lips by Zeep...yum!

Have a nice evening!

Michele - I am in the rainy, foggy Pacific NW! Hard to swim outside, there is a small window of a 2-3 months in the summer usually. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Tonight I am melting one with no vendor label, it just says Autumn Lodge. I was prepared for a woodsy, smokey, or sage scent. Nope! It is honey!! Blech! :sSig_aaarggh: This is clearly mislabeled. No wonder the vendor did not put their name on it!

Good morning all and *ahhhhhhh* it's the weekend!

Aria, I'm very sorry about your DS not being able to go into the Navy. But I'm with honeybear - I believe that there are no mistakes, and there is a plan which will make sense much much later. Still my heart goes out to you because it's so tough to see our children hit with life's big waves.

I got a laugh from the descriptions of good-smelling pets - Aria and Debra - see, our addiction is serving a good purpose. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Arkcandle and everyone, yes it's too late for professional help - this is too enjoyable an obsession and I can't see that it's doing us any harm, other than the pocketbook from time to time - and we're making the world a sweeter place. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

I'm still melting ScentSations Cucumber and Melon in the back bedroom and Zeep's Push Pops in the kitchen/office. Have I mentioned that I love Zeep? Maggie, how does their Sugar Lips smell?

On Saturdays I work at a hospital as a volunteer so I'll be leaving soon. Have a wonderful day everybody. This is a nice place to come visit with all of you.

AmyJo

Good Saturday Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Didn't take my Airborne yesterday and woke up worse for wear... oh gosh! Can't smell a darn thing but put on the wax anyway! LOL [smilie=th_fear8]

AmyJo...the Sugar Lips smelled wonderful. It's Pink Sugar, Vanilla Ice Cream and Sugar Cookies. If you like a Bakery PS you'd like it. Have fun at the hospital...it's great that you volunteer there!

Debra...lol...that's funny..."no wonder the vendor didn't put their name in it" [smilie=th_lol22] I'm not a fan of plain honey scent either!

This morning it's

Cereal Killer VBN by Rosegirls

Sunday Funday by Zeep

Have a great day. :)

Good morning :)

Oh no, Maggie! Sorry your sniffer is broken. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] Feel better soon! That Zeep Sugar Lips sounds right up my alley. I wonder if she has any on the website. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Debra ~ My DH had an assignment at the Intel in Hillsboro, OR back in 2000. We were there with him for a few months during the summer on route back to New Mexico. I remember it being beautiful there, but it was a very "cool" summer. The girls were 4 and 6 and loved to swim, but we weren't able to go to the pool as often as we liked. Found Tillamook ice cream there then! YUM

AmyJo ~ How nice of you to spend your Saturdays volunteering at the hospital. I would like to do that sometime holding babies in the neonatal unit if I could. Touch is so critical for proper brain development in infants.

ST Leprechaun ~ Irish Spring, Four Leaf Clover, and White Tea

Burning Yankee Home Sweet Home

Last night DH and I rented a U-Haul van to get a bed for when our girls start their visits tomorrow. We plan to get our kitty area set up in the garage today. Plus, unpacking is the order of the day. Half of the garage is full of boxes. I have got to find more warmers and wax. [smilie=th_scratch]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

AmyJo, that's so great you volunteer at the hospital. [smilie=th_aa21]

Maggie, I hope you don't get the awful flu that's circulating. [smilie=th_bb41] Feel better soon!

Melting Sandalwood & Cranberries from Scentsy. Love this one!

Honeybear - I think finding the melters should be a priority!! [smilie=th_slider_hi5] And yep, Tillamook is a favorite in these parts!

Maggie - gosh, I hope the sniffer wakes up! That is bad for several reasons! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] How is the taster?

I have melted a bunch of duds today. Even my ol' reliable ones were so-so today.

Finally found one I did not have to stand over: Cobblestone Path, Cheryl's.

Good morning all!

Debra - LOL - "one that I didn't have to stand over" - isn't that the truth? If I can't smell a wax out in the hallway from the (small) back bedroom, nope, I pour it out. I like something strong that wafts out into the living room enough to smell it, but not so much that it sends the Pyrenees into hiding. I have to remember that his nose is many times more sensitive than mine.

Maggie, I'm truly sorry that your nose has been on the blink. I hope you feel better. What about a little Vicks rub, does that do anything for you? It sounds like you've got something a little more substantial though. Thanks for the Sugar Lips description - I think I'd like that one. *must wait to order, keep repeating*

Honeybear, I'm so glad you'll get to see DD#1! Also your pool sounds awesome. Our cat also doesn't like any new sounds or people...when the electrical fellows were here the other day, she went under the bed until they were gone. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon So I hope your kitties will weather the pool construction ok. Yes our hospital also has lots of "cuddler" volunteers who hold the newborns especially in the ICU. I work in a different department but I can see those folks really enjoy helping the babies. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Today is a day of rest. I just need to get more kerosene for the three season porch which becomes four season with the kerosene heater. That is my favorite room in the house. Trees and a big field in back and you can see the sunrise from there.

I am melting ScentSations Holiday Cranberry in the back bedroom and no worries about it being weak. I feel like my head is inside a giant cranberry, lovely scent though. The kitchen/office still has Zeep Push Pops which I might have mentioned is my very favorite of all my candles and melts. I'm trying to get every last bit of scent out of each piece.

Have a great Sunday and for those who enjoy football, enjoy the Super Bowl. I like football but usually am in bed by 8-ish, useless after that.

Enjoy the day,

AmyJo

Thanks for the well wishes! [smilie=thank_you] You're all so sweet. I think I'm just battling a cold...no flu symptoms as of yet...thank goodness! I keep changing my warmers although I only catch a whiff every now and again,

Debra...my taster is ok...but definitely not normal. However, sadly not bad enough for me to stop eating...lol. I could use to loose some lbs!! LOL

Well I'm melting...

Buttercream Drizzle Bread by SMT

Grim Grinning Ghosts by Blank Label...I know it's out of season but I found a couple whilst rearranging

Go Round Hagrids by GWW

Enjoy your evening whatever you choose to do! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

AmyJo - I often wonder how these smell to my cats. They take naps about 3 feet away from the melter - [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I would think that would be a bit too strong but they seem to sleep fine.

Maggie - did you get close to finishing you Christmas scents? I am closer than I expected. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Today it is SGA - Pink Sugar Coppertone. I had it melting this morning and really could not smell much. Went out for a bit, came back in and turned the melter back on - and wowie! It is making up for it now, it is super strong.