The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

New Year's Resolution: Melt More!

It has been staying under 20 degrees at night. Boy oh boy is it cold! The hummingbird feeders freeze every night. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

mpfand - the amount of time it takes to resolve fender benders keeps getting worse and worse. It is like a full time job for a few days.

Tonight I am melting LSC - Honey Patchouli.

Thank you for your kind words regarding DD. She's been driving for less than a year so it shook her up a bit.

Melting Winter White Cookies from Ashland. I picked this up at Michael's yesterday. It was 80% off because it was part of the Christmas clearance. Smells good. May have to go back and see if they have more. ;)

Good Evening...

Mpfand....80% off? Wow! I found those Ashland Christmas blends right before Christmas and fell in love with them...but at 80% off...I think I should go get more!!! Thanks for posting.

Time to change the warmers...

Good Morning!

I forgot to post my scents from last night..lol...it was VCS Carol of the Bells...I smell nothing today...don't know if it's from the cold weather. It's snowing now and may be up to 7 inches! I love snow but I had places to go....wish it waited till Monday! LOL

Debra...freezing rain? Yuck! Be careful if you have to go out!!!

Time to change the scents...think I'll go with coffee...

Pumpkin Spice Latte with Whip by Zeep...the cold sniff on this is wonderful...no bitternesss at all!!

Have a good one. :)

Good morning!

Debra, sounds like a good weekend to stay in and watch Netflix. ;) The area where my parents live is getting hit hard, too. :o

Maggie, I hope you find some clearance Ashland melts if you go out. I went back yesterday and grabbed a few more. [smilie=th_pardon] Melting a different one today, Candyland. Not quite as strong as the cookie scent, but still good.

Good morning, everyone! [smilie=The_Hi]Still dealing with this cold, but I think it's on the way out! It's been cold for SoCal here- in the 50's, and we are supposed to get a lot of rain the next week.

Aria, how are you liking your new book?

Mpfand, thanks for the heads up at Michael's. I may have to go check...[smilie=th_pardon]

Today I'm melting Lemon Supreme and Raspberry Sauce from RG. :wub:

It is funny how different we are across the states! Maggie, we hope and pray that snow hits the weekends - it is a commuter's nightmare here since we have limited snow equipment for the roads. If it snows - we stay in! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Today's snow has been accompanied by FB - Butterscotch Caramel Pumpkin Swirl.

Debra...that is funny! :smileysnowangel:

Changed up the melters...Pepperberry Wreath by STW...love this scent! Goes with all the snow!

Burning lots of candles today...

Scrooge by Keystone

Pumpkin Pie by B&BW

Country Store by McCalls

Leaves by B&BW

Goodnight

Happy Sunday!

Melting a coffee scent from FP today. The label was missing so not sure exactly what it is. Maybe it was a mystery tart????

Biolaeagles, hope you and the boys are feeling much better. It's always hard when they get sick and you get sick at the same time. I think I eventually became immune and was able to stay well even when they got sick.I'm enjoying this book so far..."Big Little Lies" by Lianne Moriarity thank goodness because I was getting frustrated lol.

Mpfand rear end accidents suck! Just a couple months ago I was lightly rear ended in the school parking lot. No damage, but it still ticked me off ! Grrrrr!

Maggie, did you get some snow? Ours has all melted pretty much.

Debra, freezing rain is a nightmare!

Not scheduled to work for the next several days! The holiday rush is over thank goodness!!!!! Gonna melt like crazy while I'm off!!!!

Biolaeagles, I'm glad you're all starting to feel better! [smilie=th_yay]

Aria, enjoy your time off! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Melting Sticky Cinnamon Bun from Scentsy. I made teriyaki chicken last night and could still smell it this morning. [smilie=th_puke] Now I just smell cinnamon. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I hate lingering cooking odors. That's one reason I got into candles and melts in the first place.

I am envious Aria, have fun on your time off!

mpfand - the cooking smells that really bug me are breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage...early in the day and they linger. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Today has been Southbound - Frosty - from a Candlebuddy! [smilie=thank_you]

Happy New Year! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

How are you all doing? Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! [smilie=yes]

Mpfand ~ So sorry to hear your DD was rear-ended. Glad she was not hurt!

Biolaeagle ~ Glad to hear you are all on the mend! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Debra ~ Did you like the Frosty from Southbound? I have been wanting to get an order in there for some time.

Maggie ~ I hope you have been able to finally get some sleep.

We woke up to snow on Friday here in New Mexico. All schools were closed. Thing is, we didn't get much here at our house, so when DD#2 looked outside, it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, the roads not far from here and all the way to work were treacherous. It took her an hour and a half to get there. Twice as long as usual. Needless to say, I was a nervous nilly until I knew she made it there safely.

SGA Lavender Sandalwood, Ocean, and Major League Chewing Gum

ST Snow Cake and Bella's Blood

Homemade from a sweet CF friend Be Thankful Sugar Cookie Dough Zucchini Bread

Things are so much better with our new kitten Lila. She is finally over the ringworm and ear mites, I think. Rambunctious as can be, though! Hoping the spaying at the end of the month settles her down a bit.

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Happy New Year!

Mpfand-glad your DD is ok.

Enjoyed catching up in this thread. Last week was extremely busy. Had to help my parents out a lot. My mother is going through some tough times now. Unfortunately her health is on the decline. She turns 91 next month. Besides being on dialysis she has mobility issues. Spent a lot of time on the phone setting up better transport to and from dialysis and speaking to her doctors.

Did my volunteer work at the church this morning and just drove DD to the airport. She will be in Orlando on business this week. DH is leaving tonight for an overnight trip as well so I have the house to myself. It's going to be a bit quiet tonight.

Burning BBW Cinnamon Caramel Swirl. It's smelling good in here.

Hey there!

Melting FP Autumn Glory tonight and have a cinnamony jar candle burning... it's a Yankee American home that I bought on clearance after Christmas at Meijer. Decent throw on this one!

Hey candle love! It's so important to stay on top of things with aging parents. I learned that the hard way years ago. I am my parents youngest, yet I was the one who handled a majority of their care as they got older, especially after my mom passed and my dad was alone. I was single and my sisters had families so they depended on me a lot.

Thanks Debra and mp! It's nice having some time off after the crazy holidays in retail!

honey bear, I can totally relate to being nervous about driving in hazardous conditions! My DS just got his license and here in Michigan you just have to learn to drive in all kinds of wet slippery stuff! I always tell him to take it slow if the roads are snow covered or slushy. I still remember once years ago I was driving to work one morning in snow and did a 180....ended up facing the wrong way!!! Yikes! Luckily no one else was around me, so I just continued turning until I was going in the right direction! Lol!!!!

Hope everyone has a nice night!

Honeybear...good to see you! [smilie=th_autumboy] Glad kitty is doing better!

Michele...I'm sorry to hear your mom is having a hard time. [smilie=th_bighug-1] ...saying prayers for her today!

Aria...enjoy your days off!! Yes, it's 14 degrees here so we still have snow...we got about 7-8 inches but I believe a warm front is moving in on Thursday so it should melt quick then...over 60 degrees predicted. [smilie=th_WE1summer013] lol

Ashland Candyland melting tonight....a sweet minty scent. Gotta get over to Michaels soon!

Had another waxtastrophy yesterday [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] this time the warmer bowl flipped off the warmer and threw wax all over the walls and floor and then broke into a bunch of pieces. Ugh. That's two spills in December. Im doing something wrong,

Goodnight all.

Candlelove, I'm sorry about your mom. [smilie=th_sad-1] I hope things improve soon.

Maggie, I'm sorry about your waxtastrophy. [smilie=th_pullhair] Cleaning up spilt wax is a nightmare not to mention the broken bowl. :(

NMHoneybear, I'm glad your kitty is doing better. [smilie=th_catkiss]

Melting Farmstand Pumpkin from Scentsy.

Sounds like you have been busy, Michele! I hope things settle a bit.

NMhoneybear - I did like the Southbound scent - that one reminded me of a YC scent, perhaps White Christmas?

Maggie - Oh Noooooo. I hate cleaning up spilled wax. Hope it was an easy soy clean up.

Tonight it is Melted Confections - Memoirs of a Geisha.

Afternoon everyone. Melting: Honeysoaked Apple by Swan Creek

Gourmet Dark Chocolate by K's

Candles: White Chocolate Apple by YC

Macintosh Apples by Scentsationals.

Hi friends! [smilie=The_Hi]

Tonight I'm melting VCS Bride of Frankenstein...apple blueberry wedding cake. Was in the mood for something fruity. Also a couple votives burning for atmosphere...lol. Earlier I melted FP Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll.

Maggie, :o oh no! Were you able to get the wax cleaned up? I hate when I spill wax and wish it was easier to clean up!!!!! We got some snow last night and everything was all pretty and white. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] Have a good night everyone!

Another snow day! Blech. Traffic issues again. [smilie=th_u51]

I am watching old movies and reading weather reports. [smilie=th_roll]

It is Distinctly Pink - Apple Harvest - in the melter.

Stay safe, Debra! Hope better weather is on the way soon.

Melting This Old House from a talented CF pal and Vanilla Suede from Scentsy.