The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Candle lover here!

Hi everyone,

I became addicted to candles in the fall of 2015 and am glad to be a part of this forum. I was first buying candles by Yankee Candle (and accumulated probably over 30 among me and my parents) -- then moved on to Kringle Candle and Pure Integrity. I was worried about the health effects of paraffin wax candles and thought my candle days were over. Not so! One can use 100% soy candles instead. I still buy from Kringle Candle as well, even though their candles use paraffin wax, because their candles are so beautiful and fragrant. Pure Integrity's 100% soy candles are amazing as well.

What other candle brands are popular here? I am looking for candles with at least two wicks.

I wanted to add that I first started buying candles from Yankee Candle about seven years ago, but the addiction never really caught on. Is everyone here really addicted to scented candles?

Nick

Hi Nick and [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol

LOL....I think it's safe to say the majority of us are "addicted" to waxies! :) Although I love candles I am more of a melt/tart junkie! Glad you're here!

Greetings! Nice to have you here.

I think the daily thread gives lots of info about our "addiction"!

Many of us tend to melt tarts more these days, but you will still see candle postings as well! [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Also, the review section on the main page has good candle review info - and be sure and sign up for the newsletter, candles and melts are reviewed almost daily!

Thanks for welcoming me here.

May I ask why most people here melt tarts instead of candles? I have a Yankee Candle Scenterpiece system. Does that count?

Hey Nick! I melt tarts more often because I find they throw scent much farther and stronger. The warmers don't have an open flame which I don't have to watch all the time too. I do love the look of a candle in the cooler months though!

My reason is mainly that a big candle is too much of one scent, so I end up with a big bunch of half burned candles. The tarts can be changed in just a few hours.

I do believe the YC Scenterpiece counts! ;)