• You cannot reply to this topic

Ended too soon Place to vent about shows you loved that got cancelled

#1 User is offline   halo 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

We've all had it happen at some point, fallen in love with a TV show only to have it cancelled midway through or at the end of a season with absolutely no plot lines tied up and all we are left with are questions and a bitter taste in our mouths.

Well here is your chance to vent, feel free to share what shows you loved and wished had run for longer.

I'll start. My current gripe would be with a show called, 'The Almighty Johnson's' not sure if many people would have heard of it but its a show from New Zealand that is currently being shown on the syfy channel in the UK and it has been cancelled after season 2.

Why oh why does TV have to do this to me, reel me in with a genuinely orginally funny show just to take it away from me as its getting good. The season ended as usual on a major cliff hanger with a million and one questions needed to be answered, and there just gonna leave me scratching my head. [smilie=th_gif] I feel like pulling my hair out. (not too mention of a few of the actors were quite easy on the eyes, well my eyes anyways lol)

Well now i've vented a little its your turn :).
Happy melting, Linda.

#2 User is offline   Candlefind 

• Admin
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationAZ

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

I was ticked they didn't renew "The Secret Circle" - it was teenie bopper show but it was pretty good. Totally ended on a cliffhanger with no closure. I was bummed.
Christina

Candlefind.com
The site for candle lovers

#3 User is offline   mpfand 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationN. Las Vegas

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

I gave up on the whole 'Lost' saga before it ended, but DH saw it through til the final season. He said there were still loose ends and things unanswered. I'm starting to get annoyed with 'How I Met Your Mother'. Will they ever reveal who the mother is or is it just a ploy to keep us watching? [smilie=th_idontknow]

#4 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postmpfand, on 22 September 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

I gave up on the whole 'Lost' saga before it ended, but DH saw it through til the final season. He said there were still loose ends and things unanswered. I'm starting to get annoyed with 'How I Met Your Mother'. Will they ever reveal who the mother is or is it just a ploy to keep us watching? [smilie=th_idontknow]

I think Lost was one of the best written shows for the first couple of seasons...then...HUH? I didn't understand the ending either! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Even after reading posts of what it means...I still don't get it! My DD's just started watching it on NetFlix....they are hooked! Maybe they can tell me what happens at the end. ^_^

#5 User is offline   Juletones 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostMaggieMae, on 22 September 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

I think Lost was one of the best written shows for the first couple of seasons...then...HUH? I didn't understand the ending either! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Even after reading posts of what it means...I still don't get it! My DD's just started watching it on NetFlix....they are hooked! Maybe they can tell me what happens at the end. ^_^

My son is watching Lost on Netflix now too. I watched it till the end but was disappointed with the last episode. I still don't quite get it.

I was and still am a big fan of Arrested Development. It was a huge disappointment when that one got canceled. What a cast. I watch the old episodes and Posted Image

I've never seen The Secret Circle.
Jules

#6 User is offline   cmarie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Jules, have you heard that they're filming another season of Arrested Development? I think it will be available on Netflix.
Christy

#7 User is offline   Juletones 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

View Postcmarie, on 26 September 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Jules, have you heard that they're filming another season of Arrested Development? I think it will be available on Netflix.

Yes. I'm very excited about the possibility. Loved that show.
Jules

#8 User is offline   Doe 

• Pip
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

mpfand I agree I'm also starting to get annoyed with 'How I Met Your Mother'. They need to reveal who the mother is already.

#9 User is offline   halo 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'll start. My current gripe would be with a show called, 'The Almighty Johnson's' not sure if many people would have heard of it but its a show from New Zealand that is currently being shown on the syfy channel in the UK and it has been cancelled after season 2.

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack It was anounced during the week that my show would be given a third series. And who said letter writting campaigns and crying to the TV didn't work lol.
Happy melting, Linda.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users